• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 14, 2020

    Legal Advice - Illegal immigrant has been living as me for twenty-six years

    Legal Advice - Illegal immigrant has been living as me for twenty-six years


    Illegal immigrant has been living as me for twenty-six years

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:38 AM PST

    I am a 33/f from Central Texas.

    When I was three years old my moms purse was stolen with my adoption paperwork including birth certificate, and Social Security Card. My SSN was sold and a man,we will call "Jose", started living as myself. He is eighteen years my senior and starting when I was seven, has been able to buy cars, rent apartments, get credit, televisions and basically destroy my credit before I even had the opportunity to know what credit was. When I was eighteen, I went to open my first bank account and was informed I was flagged in Chex systems. I then found multiple credit cards were opened.

    Years later I made another, of many, police reports. I found, the man using my identity, was working as a dishwasher, and had acquired $6000 in merchandise from Conns, of which he made two payments and then quit paying on.

    In August, I switched phone companies, and was informed I "already" had an account. Luckily, it was clear I wasn't "Jose" and the employees at the phone company gave me a plethora of documents, including current address and phone number, to help me make another police report.

    After some investigation, the detective discovered he had multiple victims, twelve ID's, and loads of stolen merchandise. Worth mentioning, the other victims chose not to get involved. Also worth mentioning, I had little knowledge of the debt because the man would put a change of address in to the postal service, preventing me from receive mail at any locations I lived at. Smart, right?

    In total, 12 police reports, 50k in debt, 3 victims, fraudulent checks, bank accounts, 3 vehicles, 2 apartments, loans, and credit cards make up his violation of me. Although not physical harm, the mental damage has been done.

    After months of waiting, he was arrested last night. They broke down his door and put him in custody.

    Moments ago, he went before magistrate and he is being held on a $5000 bail (no personal non accepted). There is also an immigration hold in process, but it has not processed in the system. The investigator wants to just get him deported and be done with it. I don't. I want him to be penalized here. Period.

    Basically, twenty-six years I've been living with the consequences of this mans actions, and he gets a slap on the wrist. I don't know what to feel. I'm deflated and depressed.

    Anyone have any advice on what else can be done?

    submitted by /u/Blonde-distraction
    [link] [comments]

    Squatters cut the lockbox and moved into for sale property (California)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:55 PM PST

    This happened yesterday, and the cops are refusing to do anything about it, citing that I need to find a shelter for these people. Is destroying the combination lockbox intended for real estate showings to steal keys to enter a property considered trespassing or squatting? What legal ground do I have to fight this matter? Since it just happened, can I bring a crew to toss them out? The property in question is in San Joaquin county. Thank you in advance for any inputs.

    submitted by /u/helloimhai
    [link] [comments]

    Wife was demoted based off her post on FB about who she votes for. Her boss stated she is "Untrustworthy" when issuing the email as a "Heads-up" notification.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:08 PM PST

    As stated, my wife has been working as a secretary in the private sector. We live in california and the business owner made a requirment for employees on all levels to vote. (how they would check this without the employee telling them is beyond me) Naturally, she voted dem (has for the past 4 primaries and 2 elections). She doesn't say anything negative towards either side but instead says she wants this election to be over with so we can move on. Nothing outside of that was said, but a week after that was posted, she receieved not 1 but 3 emails from people in the exectuive office of her workplace, all saying that she is unprofessional and will be punished. (shortening it for brevity).

    Her annual has now dropped 7k total before any overtime and is now demoted to an entry level position, even given her bachelor's in business and we will struggle financially to balance this change since it has been so sudden.

    Is there some sort of way to fight back against this? Having to apply else where is her main concern because she has been at this same company for 8 years now and has made a lot of connections to her colleagues. Any advice would be beneficial.

    submitted by /u/Rowb0yz
    [link] [comments]

    OHIO,USA: My Sister In-Law and My Wife have to same first name (and thus same last name), my Sister In-Law went to our Credit Union and withdrew $6,300 from our account.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:48 PM PST

    My Sister In-Law and my wife have the same name (my brother and I both married girls named "Beth"). She (my Sister In-Law) is "Beth L."; my wife is "Beth N." The account is in my wife's names....specifically we use her first and middle name on accounts. We even told the credit union to be extra vigilent when making transactions for this reason. We asked them (because it's a work credit union) to require work Id and Driver's Licence. They didn't. Beth L. went to our Credit Union and withdrew $6,300.00. My Credit Union is a Savings and Loan, so they can only issue checks. The check was issued in the name of "Beth N". So "Beth L." was able to get a check in someone else's name and cash it at her own bank, even though the name and address on the check was not her own. Both our Credit Union and the other bank are not taking responsibility.

    submitted by /u/GrahamOfDaventry
    [link] [comments]

    Restaurant owner forcing employees to pay out of pocket for mistakes. [CA]

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:49 PM PST

    So there is this restaurant owner who charges all the waiters and waitresses for mistakes or simple errors. I'm not talking little charges either. Like for instance, the other day there was a togo order and the waitress accidently gave the order to someone else with the exact same name and was forced to pay the full $90 to replace the order. Often times the charges are things like forgetting to charge if someone substitutes an item for another item and they get charged $5. They have to pay before their shift ends and some of these waitresses are having to put these charges on their credit card. Last week a waitress got charged almost $200 for messing up an order. Waitress have also been charged for mistakes the chef makes when it cant be proven who is at fault.

    This just feels extremely criminal to me and I wonder if the waitresses have any recourse. I don't believe the owner is keeping track of the charges either so the waitresses can deduct from their taxes at the end of the year so maybe there is something with that as well.

    The owner is also a total a-hole. He calls meetings to talk about how great his restaurant is and how everyone should be grateful to work there and says things like "I'm the reason you can pay your bills" Some of the waitresses are just teenagers and they literally cry every time they make a mistake because it's literally the whole days pay just gone.

    submitted by /u/user858512
    [link] [comments]

    Dad killed by car during bike ride. Can't get driver's phone records?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:02 PM PST

    My Dad was killed by a driver in a Subaru on Nov 08 in Colorado Springs. He was on his bicycle. I suspect the driver was texting or using her phone.

    The police officer said that he needs a judge to approve him to look at the driver's cell phone records? Is this true? Why can't the police officer just ask the driver if he can have her permission to look at her cell phone records?

    submitted by /u/att1991
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend left a bad Yelp review for a Dentist she went in CA. Now he is threatening to sue for defamation.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:44 PM PST

    To make this short my girlfriend goes to a new dentist and he charges a crazy amount of money for his work. My girlfriend doesn't know this at the time. She then goes to another dentist for a second opinion and that dentist(she's know this dentist her whole life) said he is scamming her and to get her money back. So she goes back to original dentist to get money back he takes an extra 30% of the money she put down for the next appointment. Once she leaves she goes on Yelp to leave a review. After that he calls her freaking out saying she's slandering his business and all this stuff. My girlfriend doesn't say a word. After the call he texted her about five times just saying how disrespectful she is and how she's slandering the business. A couple days later he texted her more saying he's going to sue for slander or whatever and linked a article to someone who wrote a bad Yelp review in New York and got sued. My question is can he actually sue for a Yelp review or is he full of it?

    submitted by /u/Beejguch
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor reached into mother in laws car to pet dog, dog bit him.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 12:58 PM PST

    [Texas] As mentioned in the title. My mother in law swung by to drop some stuff off for my gf. She had her dog in the car, a pug, who is not friendly. He was told not to do it, still reached out to pet him and the dog bit him. He was bleeding quite a bit, yelled he'd call 911 and when my gf offered to do it for him he said no. At this point my gf comes upstairs to call me so I could speak with him.

    At this point I basically told him I was sorry but the dog is not friendly and he kept saying that the way he put his hand out shouldn't prompted that response. Clearly that didn't matter and nothing really came out of this. He just asked if the dog had his vaccinations updated and I told him, he does and that we had the documents and is free to look at them at any time.

    The incident pretty much ends there but I just want to make sure there's nothing I should be doing to avoid any further incident. The reality is the dog was in the car and he reached in after being told not to. My gf and my mother in law are pretty shaken up and I just don't want somebody that might have bad intentions further complicate things and would like to cover my bases if there's anything I should be doing.

    Thank you for the advice in advance.

    submitted by /u/nomad016
    [link] [comments]

    Received email of request for my Facebook from (law enforcement)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:49 PM PST

    Pretty much what my headline states, email receivedstating law enforcement has requestedmy Facebook information. I'm in an EU country, Ireland specifically. Normal busy housewife. I do share what most would consider political posts, mostly in relation to the inept behaviour of our government. Havent broke any laws ect. Wondering is this normal? Could it be a scam? Would law enforcement mean my own countrys or say Americas? Also how can I find out what exactly I'm being investigated for? I'm not worried about them looking but also finding this situation baffling and a little I suppose invading. Any help or advice would be greatly welcome.

    submitted by /u/queenkaleesi
    [link] [comments]

    I may have done a bad

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:27 PM PST

    I'm 17 male in Missouri and my mom hit me and went for my throat so I hit her in self defence. Am I gonna get arrested. I'm a little scared cause of this

    submitted by /u/TurqouiseHusky
    [link] [comments]

    Need to rehome sisters dogs (New York)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:15 PM PST

    I have 3 sisters. The youngest is the issue. I only say this to designate who is doing what:

    My littlest sister is in a bad way with a drug addict boyfriend. A neighbor who knows the family called because no one has seen her in 2 weeks and the dogs are crying in the apartment. She also hasn't answered calls or texts from any of us in over 2 weeks. The dogs are pit bulls. Super sweet but that's not important for shelters.

    Different sister has a key, literally for the dogs and went to check them. They were covered in their own pee and poop, no water, no food. Clearly the sister who went rectified that and brought them home with her. The dogs are traumatized.

    Owner of the dogs won't answer calls still from any of us. She's been texted about what was found about the apartment. The sister who took the dogs can't keep them. And shelters euthanize pits here.

    I have found families to take the dogs, but I don't know the legality of doing this? If we have pics of the conditions they were in and she won't answer the phone, can I rehome them?

    submitted by /u/kolkol3616
    [link] [comments]

    My sister (17) was sold a car and given a fraudulent loan without any guardians consent.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:30 AM PST

    This is in California for context.

    My sister went on Thursday without telling me or my mom (she lives with me after being kicked out of moms house) to buy a car.

    The dealership then fraudulently filled out a loan application. They claimed she was 21 (she's 17), used made up license number and even put the sale date as two days before she even signed to seemingly get around the 48 hour return window in CA.

    I called a lawyers office today but they won't be in until Monday. I was planning on going to the dealership and demanding a refund for the money she out down and a a refund on the insurance policy they made her take it (Not even in her name..in her friend's name). I'm not sure if I should wait to hear back from the lawyer or take the car back today and see if I can resolve it. From what I've read she has no legal obligation to complete this loan or purchase due to her, but the loan was issued using her SSN so I'm not sure what to do.

    Any advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/thats_bad_for_you
    [link] [comments]

    Properties owned by parents has been developed without their knowledge. Southern California.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:22 PM PST

    Parents own several very small parcels in southern California they inherited from grandparents and they have been paying taxes for them over the years. Looking APNs up it is clear that several businesses and residences have been built on them. My question is, what are the options they have in approaching the building owners who built on the properties and either selling the land to them or collecting from their land that has been developed? Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Arctostaphylos008
    [link] [comments]

    Can I sue Lawyers?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:16 AM PST

    Hello everyone.

    I'm a graphic designer. My cousin asked me 5 months ago for a logo and business cards for the law firm she works in.

    Everything was okay, I sent the invoice, they said it's okay and they are gonna work with me. 1 week later I finished everything and sent everything to them.

    But 5 months later, I still didn't receive my money, I wrote on the invoice the following conditions : They payement should be made in the next 20 days.

    I talked to my cousin few times, told me that she will talk to them and it's not professional frm them..and still no answer or money. What can I do? I want my money.

    submitted by /u/habsreddit24
    [link] [comments]

    I sold my 2011 Durango to Carvana on 30th Oct. I told them I was not sure if it had any issues since my daughter is main driver. I sold the vehicle as it was in my name and now over 15 days later they called and said it has transmission issues and they want a portion of the money back. What do I do?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:48 AM PST

    [MI] HOA hasn't discharged a lien on my property from 2017. They were supposed to within 28 days of my full payment (which was in 2017). Now we might not qualify refinancing our home and lose out on the $400 appraisal we paid for. Is this enough for legal action against the HOA?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:42 AM PST

    We don't have much time left without starting the whole process over again, so it's very frustrating. Is there anything I should be doing in the meantime? If we don't end up qualifying for the refinancing because of this, should we take legal action?

    submitted by /u/FPEthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    New York - Stopping House of Worship from Expanding in Residential Area

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:09 PM PST

    Hello,

    I live in the suburbs of New York and a few houses down from me, for the past few years, a house has been used as a place of worship. As far as I understand this is legal, even though it is a residential area, and I really don't have a problem with it.

    However there is now a proposal to add a 20 space parking lot to the house (my understanding is that the longer term plans are to change it into an actual house of worship). While I understand the need for it, it is changing the look of the area and it is not something I want near me. When I bought my house 20 years ago, this did not exist.

    This house is located on side streets and is in a quiet area. I've walked my dogs up and down the street for years, others go for strolls and kids ride their bikes. There are no sidewalks here. I'm concerned about some safety issues and the peaceful surroundings that we have. Although they have been less peaceful lately because of this house of worship. There is a lot more foot and car traffic.

    Let me be clear, this is not about who is worshiping, it is about where they are worshiping. I wouldn't want a restaurant or bar or something else that would attract traffic.

    Next week there is a town meeting about it and I was sent a letter because I am within 500 yards of this house. My question is does my approval or objection at the town meeting make a difference? I don't want to waste my time and upset my neighbors. Also, I'm not looking to get an attorney to stop this. But if I did, would I be spending money for something that's a foregone conclusion or since they know about these things, could they actually stop it?

    Some of the concerns I have: will the traffic actually increase (I'm sure it will, it already has), if they pave over grass and pull down trees does that make a difference with drainage? Would this change the zoning of the house and if it did, would it no longer have to adhere to some of the residential laws? One of those laws is that you can't have lights shining on other property.

    Any advice/thoughts on how I can learn more about this process and/or if I can do anything to stop it? The meeting is in a week.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/ElizaEllipsis
    [link] [comments]

    [NY - Real Estate] Seller breached contract but is threatening to keep deposit and sue me for damages.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:48 AM PST

    I was expecting to close on a real estate purchase recently, but a few hours before closing I did the final walkthrough with my realtor and we found:

    • Water damage that had not been disclosed in the property condition disclosure
      • There's a 1+ foot hole in the garage ceiling, staining all the way down the wall, and a stained hardwood floor above it which has black striping in it (indicating mold/rot)
      • I have pictures of all of this
    • Heat not functional at all in basement, rushing water noises when active upstairs
      • Servicing the boiler was a contingency I'd set
      • Contract itself explicitly states heat must be working at time of closing
    • Additional contingency not fixed to my satisfaction
      • Bedroom door in basement needed replacing. I'd asked for a standard door with handle and lock, but they replaced it with a door that had a cupboard handle and two magnets, and no lock.

    So my realtor and I called my attorney and he advised that there is nothing compelling us to close, so we didn't close.

    After notifying the seller's team of the various breaches, the seller's attorney emailed me directly to tell me that they were going to demand my earnest money deposit in addition to any damages they incur as a result of MY breach of contract.

    My attorney says he doesn't handle contract disputes, and will no longer be handling this case.

    The seller immediately re-listed the property and is hosting an open house this week.

    As of now, I still have not been served anything (Time of Essence, court dates, etc...).

    I'm not a lawyer, but it seems like being able to point out the failure to disclose that water damage and the failure to have the heat serviced and working at the time of closing should be more than enough to prove that the seller violated the contract and that I had nothing compelling me to close.

    I hear statute of limitations on contract breaches in NY is 6 years.

    Should I be afraid of them coming after me for something? If they turn around and sell the house for $50k less, can they try to get $50k from me in damages because I didn't close? What means do I have of protecting myself from this seller? They straight up lied about the condition of the property, and blocked off their basement enough that me and my inspector couldn't get to the area with the damage to find it. Their wife even told us over the phone that they were fully aware of the damage because it was there when they bought the place 3 years prior. Also, the seller's aunt is his realtor, and the seller himself is a cop.

    How scared should I be? Am I even allowed to keep looking for a house? Will deciding to not remain in NY make me look bad?

    On the flip side, should I instead be angry? Should I be pursuing damages from them, and trying to get back the deposit, inspection fee, and attorney fee? Why am I out $2500 as a result of the seller's lies?

    submitted by /u/shammikaze
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriends college dropped her out of all of her classes and now she owes money towards her student debt loans. What is the validity of this and how can we fight it?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:21 PM PST

    We live in Jacksonville Florida and she attended FSCJ. She just started college for a few months she was only a freshman. She was taking classes on campus, and she went in to the student advisors office to she if she could change her classes to online to better match her work schedule. When she went in, the student advisor instead of a counselor told her that she could drop all of her classes and reenroll in online classes and then proceeded to do it for her. The student advisor then dropped her out of all her college classes. She dropped her classes and didn't inform her that it was past the add/drop date so when she went to enroll in online classes it would not allow her to. They wrote multiple tickets about the situation to which they told her that she'd have to wait 2 weeks to hear back about the situation, which put her behind her classes by 2 weeks. At this point she was now speaking with a college advisor/ counselor and not a student. After waiting they were able to reenroll her in the on campus courses that she was already in. The ticket submission took over a month by that point, so when she went in she was a whole month behind on her classes. To which her professors told her that their was no way she would be able to catch up with the classes and that she would be "considered failed" from the start of coming back. So now she owes upwards of 500 dollars in student loans for one of the actions of the students working at the college itself. It basically resulted in her dropping a class without completion and now she has student debt for classes that she didn't even get.

    submitted by /u/Staysicky
    [link] [comments]

    OH, USA: Aunt threatening me over something that didn't happen.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:53 PM PST

    Throwaway, because while my aunt doesn't use reddit...still don't want this linked to my personal.

    -

    My grandfather passed away in July. He'd adapted his will to include our neighbors who were such a big help to him, but he forgot to get it verified the proper ways (he just signed it without witnesses, which makes it null). His kids had all agreed to just split what they wanted and call it done. None of them had any issues with my neighbor getting something from the garage like my grandpa requested in the will that was nulled because they knew how much the neighbor helped us out.

    I told this to my neighbor, but he didn't want anything. Said he was grateful my grandpa thought of him and his family, but it was too...final to for him to take anything. He had all he needed. Cool, okay, that was that.

    Apparently though, my aunt thinks I've given him power tools, and that I've "illegally" stolen from my grandfather. She claims she has pictures of my neighbor using a welder and an impact wrench that she claims is my grandfather's....my grandfather never had an impact wrench. My neighbor fixes cars on his property as a side gig. He has his own gear to fix cars. She's threatened me to get them back or she'll call the police on me.

    Among that, she's also claiming I killed my mother and my grandfather and the entire family thinks so as well (my mother passed to sepsis in May, my grandfather had a stroke in his sleep.) all because their primary care provider called me, as he had to sign the death certificates. My mom's infection was well documented. My grandfather was not doing well after my mother died, and we all said he was...he'd given up. He'd had a history of strokes. For reference; my entire family does not believe I killed them and they think she's full of crap, especially because one of her main points is "I didn't cry til the police got there and she questions how upset I really was"

    Here's where my question is; my aunt has very strong ties to the local police department, and she keeps saying she's going to have them open up an investigation against me for...whatever this issue is with her and the will and the tools . She ended her last text with "I'm afraid something will happen to you and -redacting my neighbors name here-" and I...am lost on what to do.

    I know she's most likely full of hot air, she's not really mentally stable and it's not the first time she's done it, she's threatened me over stupid things before.

    The ME ruled my grandpa's death natural, the police checked for foul play and found none. Do I still report this to the police? (I know it sounds stupid, both the question and that I haven't, and I should've when it started but she's going through a lot right now) And how do I do that without her finding out if possible? I don't need her making up lies to the local police if she finds out I filed harassment, not when I'm stuck in this town for two more months til I can move out and start fresh.

    TIA for help. I'm sorry if this is stupid, or is all over, I'm just...I keep pondering on this, and I know I've done nothing wrong, but I also know she will cause a headache and I'm not sure what to do other than blocking her number, which I've done.

    submitted by /u/legalauntthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Small local farm selling thousands of infected chickens to individuals

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:56 PM PST

    TLDR; Me and apparently several hundred people have bought sick chickens from a bad breeder who knows they are selling chick chickens. In addition to the purchase chickens dying at a rate of about 50%, her sick chickens are getting pre-existing healthy flocks sick and killing them off too. Trying to figure out a way to report or sue her to get her shut down. I don't have much money but there are hundreds of people who would probably be willing to come forward. Located in central Texas.

    DETAILS I own backyard chickens which I keep as pets and enjoy eggs from. I decided to grow my flock and looked up the closest local breeder as they are often higher quality than ordering through mail or buying from the feed store.

    Well I should have read the reviews because out of 9 bird I bought 5 have died. I know chicks don't always make it, but I sent one for necropsy and it came back positive for THREE different diseases. Because of the nature of theses diseases, it would have been impossible for my chickens to contract them since I bought them as they have been raised exclusively indoors. So the chickens I bought from her were already infected with 3 diseases upon purchase. Furthermore, she gave us a full grown hen when she found out that so many had died so quickly, and it also turned out to be sick and has now infected my already healthy flock.

    On top of that, two of the diseases these birds have are things they will be life long carriers of and it would be irresponsible to ever buy another chicken as it would be exposed to two types of chronic respiratory disease. And now my adult flock has it too.

    Well I am really kicking myself for not reading the reviews before I went but there are dozens and dozens of similar stories on yelp and google reviews.

    I am devastated. We have poured hundreds of dollars into vet visits, necropsy, medication etc and now after the results, we know that they still might not make it or they may be ill their entire lives.

    I'm disgusted with this woman and her reckless disregard for life. I am angry that she is putting so many people and birds through so much meaningless suffering. She has plastered all over her website "birds sold as-is" and "no refunds, no returns, no guarantee" etc. I'm the dummy for not seeing the red flags. I just assumed she had gotten burned by Karens in the past.

    All of my communication with her suggests that she both knows her birds are ill and thinks that it is fine and that's just how raising chickens is, and does not believe she has any fault in this situation.

    If I had a ton of money I'd love to hire an army of lawyers to sue the pants off her and put her out of business. I don't. I don't even know if there would be any grounds. Honestly I'd just love to get her shut down but I cant figure out if there are regulations for breeding chickens in Texas?

    Or I wonder if there could be grounds for a class-action lawsuit? There probably hundreds of people she has wronged who would be willing to step forward.

    I don't know much about law so again I have no idea if there are grounds or what they would be. I feel like her selling a product that actively reduces the functionality of a customers already existing product could be something though.

    Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/rawrt
    [link] [comments]

    Property in cocoa beach “stolen”

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:24 PM PST

    Ok. It's a long one but I really need some help on where to get started. If I should post this somewhere else that could help better, let me know!

    My husbands step mom is 67 and truly the sweetest lady you will ever meet. We were talking today about her past. Her father died when she was was 6 and her younger sister was 2. Her mother died when she was 10 and they went to live with her grandparents. Her grandmother died a few years later, and when she was 17, her grandfather became ill. It just so happens that her grandfather was friends with a lawyer. He entrusted this lawyer to make sure his grand daughters were taken care of. Her grandfather owned multiple properties in cocoa Beach that he rented as well as other properties in Georgia. She knew he had property in Brevard county but didn't know the details.

    After he passed, the lawyer had her sign paperwork. Obviously we all know not to sign something you don't read or understand, but she was young, vulnerable, didn't understand the legal wordage, and was now responsible for her younger sister and they thought they could trust this family friend. In short she signed what he told her to and that may have made everything he did afterwards legal(but 100%unethical) Soon after his house was auctioned off and she never received a cent off of it. Then, in her early twenties, she ran into a lady who knew her grandfather. The lady claimed to have rented a house from him at cocoa beach for 5 years and said he owned atleast 10 other homes! She went to the bank her father used and asked to speak with the president if that bank. She wanted to explain the situation and see if there was anything in his safety deposit box. When she told the banker her fathers name, he told her to leave the bank or he would have her escorted out. She's pretty meek and mild so she left without a fuss.

    In her age she is spotty on the details but she is for sure her grandfather owned this property and this lawyer took advantage of the situation. This whole story has intrigued me and I want to get to the bottom of it! Even if there is a statute of limitations that is up, she deserves to know the truth! And if the statue of limitations isn't up, she deserves to spend the rest of her days in a home that isn't falling a part and have no financial worries while this crooked lawyer and his family reaps then benefits of her grandfathers years of hard work.

    I feel like the first step I need to take is to find out where this property is exactly. How do I go about doing that? I know property sales is public record.. can I look that up anywhere by his name instead of the property location? Is there anyway to acquire the paperwork that she signed or is a lost cause since it was so long ago?

    TLDR: how do I find out information on land deeds if I don't know exactly where the location of the land is, but have the ex-owners name?

    submitted by /u/eewwedavid
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor accusing my dog ( german shepherd) of biting his dog ( shitzu) under wooden privacy fence

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:08 AM PST

    A couple days ago, we received a text from my neighbor saying that my dog bit his and that his lower jaw is broken. He took it to the vet and we never heard anything, so finally today I just text him and asked how dog is doing, he said he'd like to speak in person. So I go over and he shows me where it supposedly happened. And there's only about a 1 to 2 inch gap under the fence. Well my dog is 120 lbs, a big German shepherd, the tip of his nose wouldnt even fit.

    Anyways, neighbor stated his mom saw their dog sticking its nose under then it started getting pulled. So she rushed to pull it back. And then his jaw was hurt.

    Now he wants me to fix the fence and pay for the bills, waiting to see the bill. But he said estimate was 700- 2200.

    Not sure best course of action. Im debating just paying and get it over with because of Michigan's strict laws for dog attacks. Other dog usually gets put down.

    Michigan

    submitted by /u/grabbit24
    [link] [comments]

    New manager and requested days off

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:08 PM PST

    Sorry for formatting I am on mobile.

    My store has just recently had a sudden shift of management and my new manager has heavily implied that everyone who requested time off will no longer receive it. He justifies this by saying we will have thanksgiving and Christmas off.

    But getting to the point, I requested large times of absence ( about a week or two) in both months of November and December. I requested these days off with my old manager in September to give him time to prep for me being gone. I have no choice in these dates because I am still a minor and my parents are forcing me to go. Can my new manager deny me these days off and can he fire me if I just don't show up?

    submitted by /u/bruhmoment233
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment