• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    Legal Advice - [UPDATE] Fired from my job for salary discussion in NC

    Legal Advice - [UPDATE] Fired from my job for salary discussion in NC


    [UPDATE] Fired from my job for salary discussion in NC

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/f5tda9/got_fired_for_discussing_salary_at_work/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    I posted back in February that I was fired from my job for discussing wages. This subreddit told me to file a charge with NLRB. They found merit in my case and I just got a settlement. Please please please even if you live in an at will state do the tough work of charging the company. You deserve to advocate for yourself.

    submitted by /u/predoucheous
    [link] [comments]

    Minnesota HOA says they won't permit me to cut down my tree. Arborist says tree needs to come down ASAP because it is in dangerous condition.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    I made a mistake 3 years ago of buying a property in an HOA neighborhood. At the time the regulations were relaxed, but a new board has taken over and they are nuts. Last year after my neighbor cut down a tree and the HOA was mad about it, they made a new rule that to cut down a tree you must get HOA permission, and if you remove a tree without HOA permission you must pay the HOA the value of the tree. Basically they consider the tree to be a value to the whole neighborhood, not just you.

    My problem is that I have a very mature tree (arborist said around 80+ years) that has been struck by lightning. I brought out an arborist to assess it and see if it could be helped, and the arborist says it cannot be saved. They said it is in dangerous condition and should be removed immediately, and if I don't get it down before it starts to drop, it will do serious damage to my property or my neighbor's.

    I informed the HOA of my plan to cut down the tree. They said no - they said they need proof that it is actually dangerous. I got a statement from the arborist who also provided a diagram of its faults. Despite this, the HOA STILL says no - someone on the board insists he knows trees, and mine is fine, and that the arborist is just looking to make bank by referring me to someone who will give them a cut of what I pay them to cut it down. I have gone to 4 meetings to plead my case, paid for a SECOND arborist's opinion, and have gone directly to individual board members to persuede them. Nothing has worked.

    At this point the tree is such a liability I have made plans to have it removed beginning next week - I can't afford for it to come down.

    But my other concern is: The HOA claims if I take it down without permission, I owe them the value of the tree. I can't pay them tens of thousand dollars just because they are unreasonable - in fact, I believe they are intentionally not giving me permission SO I will be forced to pay the money.

    What now?

    submitted by /u/shortendoftheschtick
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] CPS took my newborn son over a presumptive positive cocaine test

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    [TL;DR: My son was taken away by CPS over a presumptive positive while still at hospital. The results came back negative a day later, but 14 days later, when he was healthy & about to be released, CPS issued a detention warrant, claiming child abuse due to drugs. I haven't seen my son since April 2nd. COVID has probably not helped, but this makes no sense to me, I did nothing wrong. Should I appeal? Should I file something? Do I have a civil suit? I just want my son back]

    My son was born on Mar 15, he had ingested meconium and was transferred to NICU. The hospital ran a drug test on both me & the meconium. The presumptive test was positive apparently, the very next day the lab test came back negative. I didn't know this until later, all I care about is staying by my son's side.

    In this small window, a nurse called CPS according to the report. My son's medical records were updated to "neonatal abstinence syndrome" at this time. Again, unknown to me at the time, also incorrect. A CPS worker arrived the next day, and opened an investigation based on the nurse's statements. When my son had made a full recovery and was about to be released, they issued a detention warrant on Mar 29th, at which point they acquired his full medical records with the negative tests. I had volunteered to drug test many times during this period, all negative.

    At the hearing on April 2nd, the report stated my son "tested positive for cocaine" [not presumptive] and was suffering from cocaine withdrawal, and that is child abuse. The real hospital records say he wasn't even scored for withdrawal because tests were negative. I volunteered for a hair follicle test and told the judge I never used cocaine. He read some medical report that still made these claims (that was subsequently lost), and said "I'm inclined to believe the doctors over you. Mother is in denial. Your son is detained. I authorize, at CPS's discretion, custody to be returned pending a clean hair follicle test and enrollment in substance abuse classes."

    By the time I get back to the hospital, my son is gone. I can't begin to explain the horror.

    I find out my CPS worker (who had made countless errors in her report), is no longer assigned to my case. They initially tell me her note taking was poor, then quickly change their story to "this is routine, we always change the case worker".

    Desperate to just have this over, I enrolled in the substance abuse classes, I passed the hair follicle test, I did everything they asked. CPS were silent. I finally obtained his medical records in April, because COVID closed the records department, CPS wouldn't give me their copy, and when I confronted CPS, everyone stopped talking to me. I probably made the situation worse by stupidly threatening to sue them.

    Mar 4th "Jurisdictional" comes around. I get a text from my lawyer saying it's been continued ex-parte. I ask for the report, it STILL mentions the positive cocaine test, and NOW it says return is unsafe because my other son Noah suffered broken bones at my home. I don't have another son! I told them this, nobody wanted to talk to me, supervisors I hadn't previously spoken to were initially helpful, then went quiet.

    I start calling around because my attorney is doing nothing. I don't have $8000+ for the lawyers I call who seem interested in the case :( Not even with a loan, because I was laid off due to COVID.

    Finally, last Friday, I went to court with all the proof, and my attorney says "I've got them to remove the cocaine test, but now they have other concerns, about your mental health, and a few other things, you'd have to call them. Now the 6mo clocks starts to get him back - they want him adopted". I'm starting to have mental health issues because of this nightmare, who wouldn't?!

    2 hours later the judge is ready. My lawyer speaks for me, asking to contest (after I insisted), saying nothing else. The judge says "based on the [egregiously err'd] report I still find your son should be withheld". I raise my hand, the judge asks my lawyer what I want, she says "mom is denying the allegations". He says "Of course, all parents deny all allegations, trial is set for July 29th". My lawyer tells me I've made things complicated.

    I thought this nightmare would end on Friday & I'm still in utter shock it didn't. I live in SoCal where there aren't many attorney options I can find, or resources to help me. I'm a DACA "dreamer", all my family is in the UK. I'm stuck in a nightmare situation.

    I haven't had more than 15 minute video chats with my son since they took him. I have a good home, full of baby supplies, gifts, and cute clothes he's already grown out of. I took his crib out of my room because I cried every night looking at it. I've never even had a speeding ticket, never touched cigarettes or alcohol while pregnant, and have never done drugs, yet my lawyer keeps telling me the "bar is very low" under dependency law - I just don't understand how I am still here.

    I wish I had good questions. I guess they are:

    • Is there anything I should be doing differently? I am told appeals court rarely goes against the lower courts.
    • Is there grounds for a civil case that would maybe help motivate someone to help me on contingency? I found this news article

    [Minor note: My friend helped me with this post and it's his account - I don't rape sloths!]

    submitted by /u/I_RAPE_SLOTHS
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-husband thinks spraying cold water is proper punishment in Idaho

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    My ex-husband informed me last week that he showers our 4 year old daughter with cold water when she does something wrong (i.e. spill her drink in the car or [at 2-3] have an accident in her car seat). My daughter is a little behind on talking so every time she tells me she got in trouble I can't fully understand how or what was done, so I didn't catch on until he told me what he does for punishment the weeks she's with him.

    She pretended to eat slime the last week she was with him and her face was dyed from the slime. When asking if she ate the slime she would say yes, but it wasn't in her tummy. So he decided that she must be lying to him and pulled her to the shower and made her stand under the cold water while yelling at her not to lie..

    I didn't do anything when he told me because I don't want to react without thinking, especially in front of my daughter. He's had a history of violence towards me while we were married (no reports to local law enforcement). I did, however, keep her for about six months after we separated because I was fearful, but I couldn't imagine him doing anything to our daughter so I didn't continue keeping them apart (for her sake). Now, our divorce decree states that we do 50/50 custody.

    Do I have a case or am I just being paranoid? I don't want to take her from her father, but I grew up like that and I'm afraid it's going to get worse. What do I do? Change the custody agreement or push for mandated anger management? I have no idea where to go from here or how to go about it. Again, in Idaho

    submitted by /u/420foxie666
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor aggressively trimmed privacy hedges and can now see into our yard; can we still sunbathe in the nude?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    NY, USA. My wife and I own what was previously a property with a lot of privacy from all sides. We have a pool, and frequently sunbathe and swim without our clothes. Its part of our lifestyle. There is a huge, dense holly hedge on the north side of our property that gave excellent privacy on the north side, as well as several trees on my neighbor's property that helped.

    Today, this neighbor removed all the trees, and trimmed half of the holly bush (to be fair, it was growing over the property line), and consequently I can easily see his home and his elevated deck/bbq area which was before completely occluded.

    If we bathe in the nude, and they can see us through what remains of the bushes, is this lewdness? What if it is a minor that sees us? We have town code restrictions that prevent us from putting up higher fences or obstructions.

    submitted by /u/itzfritz
    [link] [comments]

    Cops entered my house with a warrant for an arrest on a previous tenant

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Alright so I'm not sure how to go about this. A week ago I accidentally opened an old tenants summons to court. I called the court the next day, informing them of the situation and that they no longer live here and I will be sealing and sending the letter back to sender with a note that it was accidentally opened. The reason this man was being summoned to court was because he had about 7k $ in driving charges that hadn't been paid. 5 days later I have police knocking on my door telling me they have a warrant out for this guys arrest for not showing up to court, and they are going to search my home. I tell them that he does not live here-and if they would kindly wait I'll show them my lease agreement (which only had me on the lease) they pushed past me and still continued to search my house. I feel my privacy has been invaded, and this was unnecessary as I was willing to show them my lease agreement. They went through all my closets/under my bed and ultimately kinda messed my place up even after I had shown them my documents that only I live here. I felt like this was abuse of power and because I would not let them initially enter my house they retailed and continued the search even after I had shown them the documents. What can I do in this scenario Edit:This happened in Oregon Another edit: that might help- I also contacted the non emergency explaining the situation and informed them that the man did not live here and they told me no one would come knock down my door

    submitted by /u/questionnnns124
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-wife said she couldn't work. Now she's working.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    [Missouri] A few years ago, my then wife and I got divorced. We had two children. During the divorce proceedings, she claimed she couldn't work due to a disability from a medical condition that happened back in 2009. The court believed her so I ended up paying a bunch of child support and I have to pay spousal maintenance when I'm done paying for the house she lives in currently.

    Our oldest just turned 18 and per our divorce papers, child support drops considerably.

    I just found out she went and got a job and has apparently been working for a few weeks.

    Do I have any grounds for getting any of that child support back or at least lowering my financial obligations in the future?

    Edit: for a little more background:

    1. I've always taken care of my kids. Trying to get some of that money back isn't me trying to take anything from them, but if she could have been working, then I feel like I got screwed. I don't make a lot of money. More than half of it went to child support, health insurance for the children, and a mortgage to a house I don't live in. I'm struggling and she isn't.

    2. She claimed that she couldn't work after the incident that she said gave her disability status. The state agreed with her that she was disabled. During the process of getting her disability status, I disagreed. She worked for a year in a child care facility before quitting because of "drama". I didn't say anything because she was mentally and emotionally abusive towards me. This isn't a gotcha towards anyone in the replies. You didn't know that before because I didn't say it.

    3. Our divorce wasn't finalized until March 2019. I don't know if that matters. The incident she claims gave her disability was in 2009. She worked for a year in 2011.

    submitted by /u/twin-soul
    [link] [comments]

    Expedia booked a ticket for my daughter but did not pay the airline. She found out at the airport and has been on hold with them for over 3 hours trying to book a new flight.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    22June2020.

    My daughter's s ticket from San Diego to London in March 2020 was canceled due to Covid. After multiple phone calls to Expedia and hours on the phone she booked a ticket to London for the summer and was planning on spending the remaining quarantine with us, her parents. Hopefully her university will be able to reopen for physical classes in the Fall. When she was finally able to rebook the ticket Expedia charged more than the original price. They also said there were system issues and they could not give her a confirmation number but would email her. We eventually received confirmation of the booking from American Airlines.

    She tried checking in online the night before but was unable to do so. When she arrived at the airport AA told her about issue and she called Expedia. It's been more than three hours and the issue is not resolved. She is still on the phone with them and does not know if she can catch a flight tomorrow.

    Do I have any recourse with regards to getting compensation from Expedia? I care less about the money than I do about the feeling of helplessness we have as we are unable to effectively assist her from London. It's making me physically ill. Is there no way to make Expedia face consequences for their actions?

    submitted by /u/Utternashi
    [link] [comments]

    Builders have been defecating inside of my new house that's under construction

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    When touring my new house that's currently under construction, I've noticed piles of human fecal matter(and pee) at different points inside of the house and in the bathtub.

    This is fairly offensive(and unsanitary) and would like to know if I have an actionable course to remedy this problem. I contacted the rep in the model home but no results have come from it. True, I can't really say for sure that they are doing it but I'm not an idiot and know they are the culprits.

    This is in the state of MD.

    submitted by /u/TV2693
    [link] [comments]

    Neglected Baby

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    Today was my 4 month old's first day at daycare. I sent 3 bottles and written instructions to feed her 3 times and at what times she usually eats. In the total 9 hours that she was there today, she was only offered one bottle at 11am. I don't want to send her back, but this school was VERY expensive. Do I have any kind of standing to get my money back? This happened in TN, USA

    submitted by /u/tittytat94
    [link] [comments]

    What can be done about a neighbor who sits in the back yard all day and night screaming.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    (Florida US) She may have a mental illness because she screams at no one calling them murders and she'll kill them. If we go into our backyard she tells us she'll stab us and once caught her choking the neighborhood cat. Called the police and the just came out and knocked on her door and there was no answer so they left (seemed weird they'd do that.) but today and so far tonight she's been screaming bloody murder. What can be done about this?

    submitted by /u/SantasLast
    [link] [comments]

    On-leash dog attacked off-leash dog. Off-leash owner called animal control, we live in an apartment, will this be a problem?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    Kind of guessed on the flair, hopefully it fits. Kansas

    Tl;dr: off leash dog ran up to my dog, and my dog reacted with a bite. Owner of off-leash called animal control, owner is in the wrong. But does this effect my apartment status or anything? I'm newly "adulting" and im terrified this will come back and I'll be kicked out.

    Some background: just moved into this apartment literally a week ago. My dog (bull terrier, fixed, male, 1yo) was approved, but he's a reactive dog, and isn't a fan of men or other dogs. We're working on it, but for the most part we keep our distance from the problems.

    My schedule was messed up today and I took my dog out on a walk later than usual. He had his harness, martingale (chocker) collar, and a short but thick leash. We went our normal walk direction but I saw our neighbor was out with his shepard, off leash, who saw us and started running to us.

    I know running away isn't a good idea so I tightened my grip on my dogs leash and tried putting distance between them. All while the off-leash dog owner his half jogging and telling me "it's okay! He doesnt bite!" Well not that it matters, because it triggers my dog. I essentially looked up to see where the owner was and in the span of a second, his dog was face to face with mine, and mine bit, and grabbed hold of the dogs lip.

    Both dogs are fine, no serious damage at all. But the owner called animal control and gave a very bias report. Thankfully the officer that spoke to me was very considerate, heard my story and went to talk to the guy to get the truth. I told him my apartment has cameras and a neighbor who saw some of it. In the end, we both got a warning, but the dogs owner isnt very happy with it.

    Now I'm kind of worried this is going to reflect negatively with the apartment even though I took the proper steps to give my dog what he needs, because he bit another dog, and that's really all people see. I'm also scared of my neighbor now after talking to the animal control officer and the way he described how he acted when he was told he was at fault for the incident.

    submitted by /u/UndergroundGhoul
    [link] [comments]

    [PA] Stalker is making fake social accounts to dox and defame me

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    A year ago I (22f) was seeing someone (29?m) VERY briefly, as they quickly showed their true colors by refusing to take no for an answer. They repeatedly begged for additional chances and would leave flowers on my porch daily. Once I got them to stop, they began buying pre-paid phone cards to text me on new numbers that I didn't have blocked (upwards of 10 new numbers, as I kept blocking as they came in). I finally got them to cease phone contact.

    They then proceeded to create fake instagram accounts to try to talk to me as different personas. He made accounts of women who were "in my field of study" I assume in hopes that I'd be more willing to talk to them. I knew right away it was him and did not give him what he wanted, so eventually he gave up. I thought that was the end of it.

    Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I see an account on instagram impersonating ME. In the bio, it listed my school information, personal phone number, and all my real socials, as well as requesting people to contact me as, "I only fuck random men" (excuse the profanity). I got instagram to take these accounts down. Now I'm having random men texting me because he made an account impersonating me on xvideos, a porn site. Who knows what other sites he's posted my info on.

    Now here's the issue. He moved from PA to the UK, I believe. He's Chinese so I only knew him by his English nickname, not his legal Chinese name. I only know his personal instagram account, which I have blocked of course. I will most likely change my number for an easy fix, but he seems relentless and I've afraid future employers will find these "accounts".

    So my question is, will my local law enforcement be able to help me or should I go to the FBI (cyber crimes?) or contact a lawyer? All of this falls under doxing, harassment, and defamation if I've read correctly. Clearly the agency I go to for help will need to get a hold of his IP address as I have limited information about him. I still have screenshots of the deleted accounts and old text conversations. I'm scared for the safety of myself, my family, and my future. Any guidance is appreciated, and please let me know if any of this is not following the subreddit rules.

    submitted by /u/soggycigarettte
    [link] [comments]

    Tenant Damaged my rental property beyond what the security deposit will ever cover. Is there any way for me to pursue compensation for damages without getting into a legal fight? (PA)

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Okay reddit, I live in PA currently and have been renting out what was my grandparent's home for 5 years. The tenant was an old friend which makes this awkward. The security deposit was only one months rent (which was at a friends rate so, low) They broke part of the generator we installed on the property for them ($600~ to fix). They installed in-window air units in vinyl windows after I asked them not to, the window frames are damaged and I have no idea what that will cost to fix. They used the basement that was meant for overflow storage only (it's not finished off) as a workshop and sawdust got into everything including air filters and the furnace filters and almost started a fire. They hit a pipe in the yard with a vehicle and then tried to hide it.... they dug a fire pit, "vegetable garden", and put in a shed all without any permission or communication with me. I'm half just wanting to get this over with and am excited to get the property in order but I feel like I'm being left with a bit of a mess/walked over. I'm assuming there are more damages inside that I haven't been able to see yet as they had a dog when the lease says no pets.

    Any advice or help is very appreciated. (this is in the state of Pennsylvania)

    submitted by /u/relentlesscatch22
    [link] [comments]

    "abandoned my job" while on medical leave?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    To whom this may concern,

    I was sent home from work one Saturday, by my boss, due to my back killing me. I have two vertabrae that have both spinal and forminal stenosis as well as a bulging disc sandwiched between them. Oh and I have chronic venous insufficiencies/ Statis dermatitis. While I leave I text and email my boss, both to keep him posted on updates and also to send doctor's notes. During the next few weeks I receive no response. Finally get a hold of HR(his wife) and set up a time to meet and discuss when I can come back to work. Between going out on medical and meeting with him, my wife gives birth to our son. ( It will come into play later.) I had 5 week PTO that my boss and I had planned out and set aside for after the birth of my son. I show up to talk to him and he throws walking papers at me and says I don't have a job. I am obviously a little shocked.

    I asked "wait..what?"

    He preceeded to tell me that because I didn't make contact with him (I texted, emailed and so forth.) But because I did not physically drive down to the shop to keep him posted on my condition and where abouts I "ABANDONED MY JOB" now I am without words.. mind you I worked at this place for over 8 years and never put less than 45 hours a week in. I told him I did contact him and he says,

    "well you should have come see me sooner... Oh and just so you know, you won't be getting any unemployment."

    Now I am sick to my stomach.

    I ask then, "well am I going to receive my PTO that I had save for my son? He's here now and we are strapped due to covid-19, birth of our baby and my overwhelming medical bills."

    He scoffed at me and says, " Utah is an AT WILL employment state. Your PTO HERE IS A USE IT OR LOSE IT policy. So no you won't be receiving any of it. Any other questions?"

    I am a driven, hard working, never claimed unemployment, man and I had never been so hurt and disrespected in my entire life. This has financially destroyed my family, slowed my ability to get the treatment I need to heal, and forced my wife and I to plan out the little food we have so that we don't starve as our baby boy comes first. If there are any pro Bono or even pay if you win attorneys in SLC, UT who can help me with this, my family and I would be forever thankful. This is wrongful termination, followed by retaliation by blocking my unemployment benefits just to be an asshole. and stiffs me on my PTO. anyways I thought I would turn to reddit as this community now always tight and helps each other. In any instance, hope all of you out there are healthy and safe through this pandemic.

    God bless

    submitted by /u/MadMav41
    [link] [comments]

    My dad is trying to kick my mom, my sister and I out, what are my legal rights

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    My parents are still legally married, and there was no written contract between my landlord (whose my aunt) and my father. My father is the property manager here and is also housing other tenants here without the permission of my landlord. I already contacted my landlord and I don't know what to do any further

    EDIT: This legal issue is in California

    submitted by /u/throwawayfamily777
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-husband left three classic cars at my house, cars are at risk of damage and ex is not responding to messages

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Location: NY, USA

    My ex-husband and I separated at the end of 2019 due to his infidelity. We are officially divorced as of May, 2020.

    Prior to our divorce, I was allowing him to keep a few items at my house, including three classic cars (he couldn't remove the cars during winter and I expect he also didn't have the money/storage space at the time. I'm also a sucker). One car is stored in my garage; two more are stored behind an old unused outbuilding on my property. The cars are currently not driveable. He is in possession of all three titles.

    In May, I asked him through text if he would remove the cars by the end of June. He said he would try. A week or two later, the old outbuilding (behind which two of the cars are parked) began to collapse. I texted my ex and let him know it would be smart to get his cars out sooner rather than later, since they might be damaged if the structure collapsed entirely. No response. I texted him again today and asked when he thought he would be able to remove or sell the cars. No response.

    I suspect he's broke and can't get the cars. What am I legally allowed to do? They're an eyesore and one is taking up half of my garage. If they get damaged if (when) the structure collapses, am I liable? I honestly just want them (and him) gone as quickly and painlessly as possible.

    Edit: It was a verbal agreement (made through text message).

    submitted by /u/seconds_flat
    [link] [comments]

    Tenant is attempting to extort me, should I call the cops?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    California. I own a single family home with a tenant who hasn't paid rent in 3 months. During this time he has been making demands for what he considers to be "just compensation" due to a recent roof leak he never told me about. Long story short, his own attorney has dropped him and the tenant sent me an email with demands for $24k(was double that initially), a bunch of upgrades to the home(he wants a tesla solar roof), or he will report me for mortgage fraud(he's off his rocker).

    I relayed all of this to my real estate attorney, and he advised me that while I could report the extortion attempt to the cops, they likely will not prosecute because it's "small potatoes". He also advised that due to the current legal environment I would be better off doing cash for keys - paying the tenant off.

    I'd like see what you guys' opinions are regarding this. If I report him to the police it would likely destroy any chance of negotiating a cash for keys agreement. OTOH California courts are not hearing evictions for non-emergency health reasons until 90 days after the covid crisis so it's likely he would be able to stay there rent free for upwards another year while continuing to threaten and attempt to extort me. That's the reasoning my attorney gave for just biting the bullet and paying him off.

    submitted by /u/Zealousideal-Oil-100
    [link] [comments]

    Massively problematic halfway house in the neighborhood

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    now. i wanna preface this by saying that i dont really want to go after this halfway house at all but alot of the people that are there are causing alot of ruckus amongst tennets. people have told me that they've seen people from this place popping tires, tresspassing, approaching people who are having a smoke on their porch for money. in once particular instance a woman was uh, sunbathing under a tree with her junk just OUT.

    i'm in socal, LA county specifically. its been a really big problem and i want to do as right by the halfway house as possible while still handling the larger problems. any advice? or do i just ask management nicely?

    Per my boyfreinds request. im gonna clarify that this halfway house used to be really fantastic. but recently they kinda. stopped caring for the people there and have allowed alot of well. drugs and booze on the premise. which is a little antithetical to a halfwayhouse.

    submitted by /u/Sector_Tiny
    [link] [comments]

    Single mom lost my job and ended up homeless

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    When this happened I asked my mother if she'd take care of my to toddler boys until I could get back on my feet, my younger sister still lives at home with my mother in a two bedroom single wide trailer. She agreed to take in my son's while I got a new job and got a place to be able to take care of my boys again. Long story short my mother and sister both started making it impossible to get ahold of them. Mom's phone was shut off I finally got ahold of her on Facebook she responded said her phone was shut off cause it broke and would be back on soon then right after she deleted her Facebook and my sister blocked me from even seeing her profile on Facebook. I continued to hurry get my shit back together to go get my kids. The day before I was FINALLY able to get a vehicle and a place for myself and my kids, the father of my children contacted me to let me know he had gotten papers forwarded from his old address to his new one, the papers stated my sister was requesting custody of my kid's and stated I had been served (which I had not and have proof since it said I was served at an address of a weekly apt building but there was no unit number on the papers and even tho a few weeks before this happened I had stayed at this place it was at a friend's place so my name was NEVER on a unit and even if it was they never put a unit number on the address they claimed I was served at.) So what I'm wondering is what's the best way to go about this to get my kids? Is there a motion I could file claiming wrong doing in the matter since I had NEVER been notified of the court hearing until the night before it took place? Because I of covid-19 the only way I could've showed up to the court hearing was to register online 48 hours prior to the hearing since the hearing was all over video. How can I get my kids back the fastest way possible?? Btw I'm a n Nevada and can now afford to take care of my kids by myself and give them a good life.

    submitted by /u/Crafty-Working8766
    [link] [comments]

    Dentist broke rotary bit in root canal. Not once but TWICE!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Location: [TX]

    I went in for a root canal today and the procedure had to be cut short because they Dentist broke a rotary tip inside the canal. without telling me, he continued onto the next root in a separate canal and ended up breaking a second bit in that canal as well... he stopped what he was doing and told me that he broken a tip near the root and that i would need to see a specialist. He only mentioned 1 breakage at this point. When i sat up and looked at the new x-ray, I could clearly see that there were two pieces, each in a different canal. I asked about this and he timidly admitted that there are indeed two separate pieces from two breaks. He put a temporary filling and has referred me now to an Endodontist. He did not charge me for the root canal.

    Is the Dentist liable for the cost of seeing the Endodontists and any relevant procedures associated with extracting the bits?

    I've read that a bit breaking is not unheard of with root canals however, the fact that he did it twice is what really bugs me, and that he did not mention the first one until after the second one broke. I'll admit, i'm not a professional in these regards but it just seems too much of a coincidence for it to happen twice in within 10 minutes of each other to not suspect malpractice or negligence in some way.

    submitted by /u/DubitON
    [link] [comments]

    Contracting company was using my electricity without my knowledge at an apartment complex

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    I was scheduled to move out yesterday June 21st and while doing my final rounds to make sure everything was out, I noticed an extension cord plugged into my balcony that headed to the roof of the 3 story complex I am in. I took extensive pictures and a video to clearly show this.

    I am on the second floor of this complex. The balcony is only accessible from the inside of the apartment. Since my apartment door was locked, I can only assume they entered my apartment with a key or climbed up to my balcony via a latter. The contractor was hired to fix a leak in the roof and started 2 days before I noticed the extension cord. The leak was classified as an emergency repair but my landlord/office did not give the contractor permission to enter my apartment nor did they give them permission to use my outlet. Regardless of the repair, I know I need to be notified either before or during the repair.

    As soon as I noticed the extension cord, I went straight to the office. After speaking with the receptionist, this is not the first time this contractor company has done this. I told her I would be filing a police report as they have been stealing my electricity. She contacted the manager of this location and I had a lengthy discussion. She asked that I wait to file the police report till today so she can research and investigate what happened, I am expecting to get a call today. To add, I have been unofficially moved out since May 16th with my apartment AC off and nothing with significant power draw on. I reviewed my electricity usage for this month and it is higher then it has ever been, I'll be expecting a bill ranging in the $200 which is well above normal.

    What should my next steps be? The end goal would be that I would get some type of compensation for the electricity used. I have the name of the contracting company and the contact info for the office manager.

    EDIT: I am in TN, USA

    submitted by /u/Nick4498
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment