• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 23, 2020

    Legal Advice - My employer has decided that veganism is now a condition for employment. I am not and have no intentions of becoming vegetarian or vegan, is this something that my employment can be terminated over? [MA]

    Legal Advice - My employer has decided that veganism is now a condition for employment. I am not and have no intentions of becoming vegetarian or vegan, is this something that my employment can be terminated over? [MA]


    My employer has decided that veganism is now a condition for employment. I am not and have no intentions of becoming vegetarian or vegan, is this something that my employment can be terminated over? [MA]

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    If this is relevant, I am a British citizen with a green card.

    My employer has experienced some sort of spiritual awakening oriented toward eastern religion in the time that we have been away from work. I know this because he has sent 16 (!) mass emails updating us about it. That's not the issue, what is the issue is that he has now sent out an email saying that the new ethos of the company is ahimsa, the Indian spiritual principle of non-violence and he expects his employees to abide by this principle, which includes refraining from eating animal products.

    Now, I think that there might be an issue with requiring us to abide a religious doctrine as a condition of employment but I don't know how much of a case that would be since ahimsa is more of an abstract principle than a specific dogma, i.e. requiring us to affirm the Nicene Creed or the real presence in the Eucharist or say the Islamic shahada or something. However, the idea that I must now be a vegan is a step too far for me. I can understand that he doesn't want us to eat animal products on his property, fine, but that I can't have milk in my tea during my break, or go to a restaurant and have chicken for lunch or have roast beef for dinner is insane. Can he actually demand this as a condition of employment?

    submitted by /u/ukjack8
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting pulled over?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    For the last 6 months or so, I have been getting pulled over between 3 to 5 times a month. They don't give me a ticket or a warning, they just ask for my license and registration. They take about 10 minutes running it, then return it to me and then leave. It happens both when I am parked in a parking lot (like say at Wendy's or Walmart) but also when I am driving through town or on the highway. It is not just my local town, but the surrounding area as well.

    I have no criminal record or strikes against my license.

    I have asked more than once, as politely as possible why I am being pulled over, and they just say "a routine check" or "this is a bad neighborhood" but it really doesn't feel routine. I don't want to get any individual officers in trouble, but it is starting to feel like harassment so I have been recording the interactions on my phone and writing down their badge numbers.

    What can I do?

    Edit

    This is in the United States, NY

    submitted by /u/budluckal
    [link] [comments]

    Seattle lost my rape kit and won’t prosecute, what can I do? The guy is still threatening me.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    I was beaten and raped by some guy. I did everything I was supposed to. I called the police right away. I got a rape kit done, they took a blood test and also my clothes. I went in for a three hour video interview with a detective. The police put my safety in jeopardy asking me to do a recorded call, and I did that. My attacker admit that he did it and said he said he was sorry and then texted me saying he was sorry also.

    Despite all of this, the prosecutor dragged their feet for two years after the case was referred to them. They have now informed me that they cannot prosecute the case because they lost the rape kit with his DNA.

    I am fuming. I am so upset. I feel unsafe walking the streets of Seattle and I feel unsafe for all of the other women walking the streets of Seattle, when there's a literal violent rapist out here free. This is so unacceptable to me and unacceptable for everyone else who lives here and has an expectation of safety.

    What recourse do I have? Can I sue the county for losing the evidence? Can I file a tort against the rapist and sue him in civil court for what he did? I don't understand why they won't even file charges for the physical assault? I still have my medical records and I'm still making payments on the freaking hospital bill.

    He continues to threaten me and show up at my apartment and job unannounced, he's totally delusional. He's violated my protection order but the police won't do anything because he's always gone by the time they respond (it takes SPD a minimum of like 3hrs, sometimes I've called 911 and the police haven't even responded at all). I genuinely fear for my life.

    submitted by /u/RapistsGoFreeInSEA
    [link] [comments]

    Employer directly deposited a bonus into my bank account and now says I must stay with the company for a year or pay the bonus back in full. State of Ohio

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    I did not ask for the bonus and I did not sign any paper work agreeing to stay for a year to receive the bonus and I might be leaving the company soon for a better opportunity. Can they legally force me to pay back the full amount? How does that even work when the bonus was taxed so I only got a portion of it?

    Can they force me to pay it back?

    submitted by /u/dim1430
    [link] [comments]

    Waitress gave out my name from receipt to another customer who asked for it

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    Curious to get some thoughts. The other day, I was out to lunch for Father's Day with my wife's family in Massachusetts. The long and short of it is that a woman at a nearby table had a thing for my brother-in-law, so she asked our waitress after we left what the name on the receipt was. I had paid the bill with my card, and so I woke up the next morning to a LinkedIn connection request and subsequent message asking me to play matchmaker.

    I can't help but shake the feeling that I feel like the waitress could have put me in a bad spot. I don't know this person's character, and ultimately it'll probably be nothing more than a funny story to tell at parties, but the fact is that this person was able to find me pretty quickly online with some pretty identifiable info (place of work, namely). Maybe the answer is to get rid of LinkedIn... Regardless, it could have been any number of nightmare scenarios that could unfold.

    Either way, I feel compelled to bring this up to the restaurant. I'm not inclined to actually do anything about it, but I guess was wondering more philosophically if there's any issue with a waitress giving out a patron's info.

    submitted by /u/2128m
    [link] [comments]

    My bank notified me that "U.S. Postal Service has notified us of your new mailing address". The new address is my ex's. What are my next steps? Wisconsin

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    He had previously put me on some bills but for that I had contacted a lawyer and there were no consequences to it.

    We lived together at that address for one year. We have been separated for over a year but the divorce has not been finalized. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but he was violent towards me before I left him and has lightly stalked me but there was not enough proof here either because I never went to the hospital and the stalking stopped as soon as I got the court involved.

    Is it possible the address change is a genuine mistake by the postal office? If not, how do I find a paper trail to show how the address change was submitted?

    submitted by /u/BigApricots
    [link] [comments]

    DUI for being drunk in my friends truck

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:39 PM PDT

    I live in rural Virginia. My friend and I went to play golf the day before lockdown began. We had two or three beers over the course of our game. Afterwards we ordered take out to eat in the back of his truck. Thats when things got weird.

    When I first arrived at the restaurant a man came up to me and said I ripped my bumper off when I parked. I didn't. I told him my car was just low to the ground and it was fine but thanks for the heads up. He said I was wrong and I hit the curb and ripped my bumper off. After while, I told him to leave me alone in some not so nice words.

    The man called the cops and said I was drunk and crashed my car in the parking lot. My fiancée had offered to pick me up on her way home so I had a few more beers while we ate in the back of his truck and my friend just had one since he planned to drive later.

    The cops showed up with 4 police cars (lights on) and blocked all the exits to the shopping center. They said they had a tip that I crashed my car and was driving drunk and that I had to take a sobriety test. If I said no I would be arrested. My friend passed but I failed. I told the officer I was dyslexic and I couldn't do the alphabet backwards stuff sober, he said my friend could do it so I was "Stupid or fucked up." The cops arrested me immediately and forced me to take a breathalyzer test.

    I have never been pulled over (still haven't technically) and have a clean driving record. I have no job due to COVID and I'm supporting my family of 4 off of unemployed right now. A dui charge would be ruin me right now. Should I try to fight this or just beg for mercy?

    submitted by /u/Hairlessleg
    [link] [comments]

    $3000 Ambulance transport bill for a called that didn't result in me being transported.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    So here's the deal.

    A little background first that may help. I live in Southern Arizona, in a small town with a small ambulance/fire dept.

    I have varicose veins on my legs and some of them are very close to the surface of the skin. (was working on getting it taken care but that's another story) So in January 2020 I bumped one at like 11pm and it starting bleeding profusely, called my mom to try and help get it stopped (we had in the past) but we couldn't. So we called 911. They came and bandaged it and then my mom took me to the ER. Where they basically out a fancier bandaid on it.

    Fast forward to today June 23rd, 2020. I just received a $3000 bill that says for ambulance transport but I wasn't transported. Then come to find out they dispatched the fire truck as well. It was a non life threatening call we told them that on the phone.

    I called the Rescue company and asked them about it and they said it didn't matter if I wasn't transported I was still getting bill for it regardless.

    What can I do? I'm a teacher with insurance (that rejected the claim because it wasn't life threatening) and I'm kinda freaking out. I don't have an extra $3000 to pay this, especially with everything going on.

    submitted by /u/cupcake_cutie31
    [link] [comments]

    I called out my rapist publically and am now being charged with defamation.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Going to try and be short with this.

    My step dad molested me for years and raped me once. I just found out recently his parents had known he had previously touched 2+ other girls before me and hid it.

    I had contacted the cops but they said "limitations may be up" and never called back. Since the man who raped me is in a household with other children I felt I had to do something. Yesterday I called out his parents and him on social media.

    I have text proof from the previous victims mother that she told his parents and nothing was done. I also have one victims direct statements to me through text. I also have a friend of my mothers who was aware that his parents hid the accusations because she was there at the time. Besides that i have been going to therapy since I was little and have been talking about the assault with them for well over ten years. I also told a friends mother when I was younger, if any of that matters. Though I was not aware until recently about his parents knowing about the other little girls he touched.

    Some of the members of the church my rapists parents owned have already come to call me a liar, his brother commented false accusations against me that I screen capped before he deleted them.

    Now he said I am being charged with defamation, according to the rapists brother, because I defamed their church by saying the pastor and his wife hid a pedophile. I am not scared, i have not lied. I know I should be served papers soon, i guess, but what's my situation?

    submitted by /u/One5adb1tch
    [link] [comments]

    Wife Going To Sue Me Because Of Our Mortgage

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    Hello,

    This is a long story with a question involved, so let me try to shorten it.

    My wife and I been renting for years. She has been nagging me to buy a house for several years now. But we would never have the money nor the time to look. Couple years back, her brother moves in with us. His wife died in a car accident and he really needs some family. Top it all off, I was recently promoted and my wife wants kids. So we decided to make some time to look at houses. Was going to buy a house this time.

    While she was looking at houses online, I was setting up a mortgage with a company. They asked for every working adult that lived in the house hold. I gave my name, wife's name, and brother-in-law-name. The mortgage people said since my credit is low, having both their names on the mortgage would boost it up. I had their names placed on it with mine.

    My brother-in-law was fine with it. He considered it a chance to start a new life. My wife flipped out badly. The mortgage company did a hard hit on all of our credit scores. Because of that, she wanted her name off the mortgage. I took her name off and had her credit score fixed. Luckily they were nice enough to do that. The brother-in-law told me that both him and I will manage this together and not to worry. My wife been talking to lawyers. She been telling people that I forced her name on the mortgage and forged her signatures without her consent. Been a month now, she will not stay in the same room with me nor talk to me.

    Was it a illegal act to have her name on the mortgage? I tried apologizing and I had the matter fixed, but she is still talking to lawyers. Was it illegal? Everyone I talk to said that both them and their wives were put on a mortgage and it is an automatic thing that happens sometimes. I was just curious on the legality of it all.

    Update: I called the Mortgage company. So long story short again. We were just being pre-approved. Nothing was set in stone. They was just pre-approving us so we can look at houses. That is what they informed me. She refused to listen to them and she call me a filthy f***en liar. The mortgage company told me that major information was not needed when pre-approving. It is only needed from the main person who is applying. That information will be needed from them once everything is approved and we get a house.

    After this issue, I need to rethink my situation and life.


    [link] [comments]

    NSFW. Was I molested at my haircut? What is my recourse here?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    So the other day I (24m) went to a sports clips to get a haircut and the guy who cut my hair kept talking to me about how people jack off under the hair capes, and how he doesn't care if people do it and how "it can be fun with the right person". Later he gave me a scalp massage that I didn't ask for and reached into my shirt and massaged my chest. I was then charged extra for this massage that I didn't ask for. When I called the store later and talked to management they were fairly rude to me and didn't sound surprised in the slightest when I told them any of this. They did however tell me they don't reach into shirts (obviously). As far as I know the dude still works there and hasn't been fired...what does this classify as? What do I do now?

    Edit- this happened in Ohio in The United States

    submitted by /u/anonymous000178
    [link] [comments]

    Company exposes my private information marked me as a THIEF, now I'm being harassed Advice needed please.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    UPDATE: After spending most of the day on the phone, the situation is as resolved as it is going to be. The problem appears to be with a 3rd party seller. The MAR will work with the Seller to figure out what happened. They cannot contact the person harassing me, but guaranteed that if the person opens a dispute with the MAR, they will explain what happened. I am to keep the item that was shipped to me, and the MAR is assisting me with canceling my order on the original item.
    I'm satisfied with the resolution.

    Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This is a terribly confusing and convoluted situation. I will try to explain as best as I can.

    1. I purchased an item, (we will call it item "X"), from a *major online retailer* last Wednesday (06/17/2020). Placed the item in my cart, confirmed everything, checked out with no problems and was given an estimated delivery date of July 2 - July 10. My order number, (this is very important), was xxxx1234. (Not real, as an example).
    2. Saturday afternoon, (06/20/2020), I received "item x". Delivered to my door. I was happy that my item had arrived early.
    3. Saturday evening, I received an out of area call on my cell phone from an unrecognized number from the east coast of the US. (I live in the Northwest).. I usually do not answer these types of calls, and I can't tell you why I answered this one, but I did.
    4. The caller was a very irate woman. She asked if this was "my name". I replied that it was. She then asked if this was "my name", that lived at "my address". This took me back a little bit, and I asked what this was regarding. She then started calling a thief, a hacker, and accusing me everything under the sun.
    5. Believing this to be some type of a scam, I hung up. I am in no way a thief nor a hacker.
    6. She began harassing me by text immediately. Repeatedly calling me a thief, saying I committed fraud, etc. I told the person to stop harassing me or I would contact the police.
    7. She would not stop, so I asked her what in the world made her think that I had stolen anything from her? She replied, 'You hacked into my *major online retailer" account, ordered an item and had it shipped to your address. Then again with the hacker/fraud/thief accusations.
    8. At this point I am beginning to become quite uncomfortable. A person that I do not know has my address, name, phone number, and I have no other idea what kind of information they have, but they are very aggressive in their contact.
    9. I tell the person that if this is the case they can produce the invoice proving what they are saying. She texts me screenshots of the invoice.
    10. Here is where it gets very disturbing.
    11. The invoice she provided is for the same "item x" that I had ordered on Wednesday, and had been delivered on Saturday. The order number was different than mine but for the exact same item, and clearly has my name, information, address, as the "ship to" address. (The item on her invoice was a slightly higher price - evidently she was not a member of the "online retailer club', and was not given free shipping.)
    12. She continues to text me telling me I have to make this right, I'm a thief, etc. I tell her that I have no idea what she is talking about, but I will contact the *major online retailer* to see what is going on, then I block her number as she is getting increasingly aggressive. I have no idea who this person is, but they have my information and are convinced I have wronged them.
    13. I go check my orders on the *major online retailers* site. It shows that "item x" has not been shipped, and still has the original estimate of delivery of July 2 - July 10th. I find this very confusing. I check the "item x" order that was delivered to me.
    14. The item order number is not mine. Not from the one I purchased. The item number is from the order where the lady is accusing me of theft.
    15. I have no idea how this happened. I ordered an item, paid for it, and am waiting for it to be shipped. In the meantime, *major online retailer" has somehow exposed my personal information to a third party that I have no idea of their mental state, and now thinks that I have wronged them.I am beyond livid.
    16. I now have someone that has a grudge against me and my personal information and it is making me a wreck. Is she crazy? A stalker? What if she is part of a Cartel or something? I know it sounds silly, but she was extremely aggressive. If she thought I was a thief, why did she contact me directly? That seems very brazen to me. I try not to let my imagination run wild, but dang . . . tensions all across the US are very high right now.
    17. I have contacted the *major online retailer* several times over the last 3 days. I explained that the company, through no fault of my own other than purchasing a product from them, has now given my personal information to someone that I do not know, and has made it appear that I have wronged them. They have aggressively harassed me, and I have no idea what this means for the future. But I am damn unhappy.
    18. The responses that I have received are, "change your password, and "your account is fine and secure. We looked into it and all is right. Don't worry."
    19. As I said, I try not to be paranoid, but I'm jumping at every little noise outside my house.I have no idea what to do, but this does not seem right in any way to me.
    20. I filed an "information only" report with the local police, but beyond that I would really like for the retailer to at least clear this up with the other person so that I don't feel like I have a flipping target on my back. Who knows what this person will do? I know nothing about them, but they know a hell of a lot about me. And how did the *online retailer* get this so wrong? If this happened to me, it has probably happened to others.
    21. I would have thought this was still a scam, but the item placed on her account was delivered to me. I was only charged for my original order.
    22. What should I do? What recourse do I have? Any?
    submitted by /u/privacyinquiry
    [link] [comments]

    [New York City] Landlord entered apartment without proper notice or my approval

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I'm leaving my apartment at the end of the month, so my landlord is showing it to prospective tenants. We've already had an argument over text message because he's not giving proper notice and he's wondering why I'm not enthusiastically helping him show the place.

    Today, he sent a text at 11:35am asking if he could show the apartment at noon. I was in the bathroom getting ready to shower and told him so. I asked if he could do the appointment at 12:30pm instead. No response.

    At 12:05pm I was in the bathroom doing the post shower routine when I hear the door bell ringing. I texted him that I'm in the bathroom. He enters the apartment with the prospective tenant while I'm in the bathroom. I'm incredibly shocked and upset at this point. I'm wrapped in a towel without any clothes in the bathroom and strangers are in my apartment. I decided to record video as I left the bathroom in case there was a confrontation, but they were in the downstairs section of the apartment when I left the bathroom. I went to my room and locked the door, fuming. Then he sent a text saying it's not a problem if I just stay in the bathroom.

    This is the worst of many times this month when he's shown the place without proper notice. Another time he came into the apartment without approval while I was sleeping last week. That led to a pissed off series of texts, but apparently he doesn't care.

    Does anyone have advice for dealing with this guy?

    submitted by /u/legalthrowawaythanks
    [link] [comments]

    Husband won’t respond, but if I file, could I lose my house?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    Background: my husband has addiction issues and I asked for a divorce. We are in Virginia and bought a house last March. He moved out in November. We had agreed to go to a mediator to come to a property agreement, but now he won't respond to calls/texts/emails. I want to buy out his share of the house, but I'm afraid if I file without an agreement, a judge may rule to sell the house and split the proceeds. What the hell do I do?

    submitted by /u/konfetkak
    [link] [comments]

    [SC] My dog was attacked, then the dog's owner attacked me.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    Yesterday afternoon I was walking my dog when I heard another dog growling. I looked up and an unleashed (he had a leash on, she wasn't holding it. I'm not sure how else to word that) dog came barreling towards my dog and attacked. I was screaming and pulling on his leash to get him away and the owner was just standing there calling the dog, making no attempt to grab the leash and pull him away. She eventually reached down and grabbed the leash and goes "Sorry" and just starts walking away. I said hold up your dog just attacked my dog because you weren't holding the leash, and just sorry? She replied "I said sorry what else do you want" and started running. I saw where she went and it was a building in my complex, approximately 50 feet away. I called the police, who sent out someone from Animal Control to check out my dog. They couldn't find the woman or dog. I was left with an incident number to follow up. I reported this to my landlord who said the description of her and her dog didn't sound familiar and she knows all of her tenants so basically, sucks for you.

    I had so much adrenaline in me I started throwing up and my hands were pins and needles. I decided to go for a run (I do this every day) to help. It was almost 100 degrees so I went back to my apartment to grab a bottle of water and saw that my best friend had called. I called back and went back outside to tell them what happened while doing my cool down walk. A woman walking perpendicular to me on the adjacent sidewalk met up with me on the corner and it was her. She had changed her hair and her clothes. I hung up with my friend and told her we needed to talk. I asked her name and if her dog was vaccinated and she responded by telling me I wasn't bit, my dog wasn't hurt, and to leave it alone. I said that she never asked me if my dog was ok so how did she know and that yes, he actually got bit several times. She said she wouldn't talk to me but she would talk to the police so I said awesome, I'll call them right now. Before I called I thought to snap a stealth pic and she realized what I was doing and raised her hand to hit me. This is evident in the photo. She started walking again, towards our mutual apartment, the exact direction I was going and said come on, call them, let's go. So I said I'm calling them. We were both walking and she went into one of the buildings laundry rooms and I followed. She opened the door, and kept it open, so I assumed she wanted me to follow her. Once my hand was on the door she turned around and with both hands, shut the door as hard as she could, smashing my fingers. She started screaming at me that I was crazy and I was stalking her neighborhood. She has no idea I live literally 50 feet away from her. At that point, I realized she was just as violent as her dog so I went back to my place and waited for the cops to show up. I was able to see her go back into the same building she went into before. I ended up having to go to the ER to get a ring my deceased grandmother gave me cut off my finger. I had to get a tetanus shot because she split my knuckle open and I have three severely sprained fingers. My hand is useless. I am an artist.

    The police couldn't find her. I knew she had gotten out of one of two silver cars parked on the street so they took the plate numbers and told me someone would get back in touch with me.

    My landlord is not known for being very helpful. About six months ago my upstairs neighbors flooded their bathroom causing my ceiling to collapse. Three different times in the same week my bathroom was flooded. They told me they couldn't find the problem so hopefully it wouldn't happen again. I lost thousands of dollars worth of make-up. I tried to file a claim with renter's insurance (a requirement here) and was eventually told my landlord refused to cooperate because she wanted to protect the upstairs people. They also had an illegal tenant, an automatic eviction, but were given 3 months to find a new place, and were not evicted but released from their lease.

    They have been less than helpful here, even with a picture of the woman. I called a lawyer who said I had a case against the lady, provided it went through insurance, but I had to provide them with her name. I called my insurance company who said I couldn't file a claim without the woman's name.

    Why is it my responsibility to find out this woman's name? What is the property management company's responsibility? What can I do here? I was thinking about putting my Ring camera in the back window of my car because it would perfectly capture her going to her car and I would know which one is the right car. I don't understand why I have to be the one to find out her name, especially when the landlord has her picture. The only thing I heard from them today was that they would put the police reports on file. Awesome. I have no insurance and am probably facing thousands of dollars in hospital bills. My dog is traumatized. He's barely a year old and didn't even try to fight back. He had on a gentle leader and he really couldn't if he wanted to. He just cried. I feel so guilty I couldn't do more to stop him from being hurt.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/dogattackthrwaway
    [link] [comments]

    Can my company charge me a biweekly “Tobacco fee”?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    I work for a local government agency in Georgia. I recently noticed that I have a $35 "tobacco" deduction taken out of every paycheck (biweekly). I contacted HR and asked how to have that stopped and they said I would have to sign an affidavit stating I hadn't used any tobacco products in the last 6 months. I don't use any of my company's health plans. Are they allowed to do it?

    I am currently in the progress of quitting but have already worked here for about 6 months and am trying to taper off my smoking (since cold turkey doesn't work for me) so by the time I've quit and 6 months have passed they will have already taken at least 1k from my paychecks.

    submitted by /u/JeuneVoyou
    [link] [comments]

    I now own a $1,300 brick due to Samsung's incompetence

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Backstory: About 3 years ago, my wife and I bought a new house with hardwood floors. Biggest recommendation our friends had was get a robot vacuum cleaner because it will be dirty like there's no tomorrow. So we dropped about $1,300 to buy the top of the line Samsung Powerbot R9350. To use it, you had to download Samsung's app, SmartHome, in order to tell it to go, stop, map the house, clean a certain room, etc. Everything was through the app.

    Queue beginning of this year. Samsung discontinued support for SmartHome and merged the products with their larger and broader app, SmartThings. I thought "Great! I use SmartThings! So much more convenient." Only to find out that SmartThings doesn't support my model. I called support and they agreed that my model isn't supported and isn't on the roadmap. I asked what my options are and they said since it is out of warranty they can't service the Powerbot. I reminded him that there is nothing wrong with the PowerBot, it's their app, and if it's not on the roadmap for sometime soon, I would like either a refund or to replace my powerbot (which is still top-of-the-line in the Powerbot family). He escalated me to their case management team who was supposed to call me within 24-48 hours. I was on hold for about 5 hours before someone picked up, said they couldn't hear me, and hung up.

    It's been 4 weeks. Repeatedly I've been told a manager will reach out to me in 24-48 hours. No call. Whenever I call in, I get transferred and am on-hold for 3-5 hours, only to have someone pick up then hang up.

    I'm thinking about taking them to small claims court but wanted to ask what my options were. Note every call and interaction I've had with them, I've recorded given Texas is a single party consent state.

    EDIT: Some people suggested downloading an older apk. Tried it and seems it runs through Samsung's servers. Can't add the vacuum cleaner without updating the software.

    Now I'm going to try going through the credit card company. That being said, it was a best buy credit card so not banking on it.

    Good advice all around. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TooLongAlreadyRead
    [link] [comments]

    My landlord charged us for 1,000 of damage and the “receipts/invoice” for the maintenance are all from her husband. Is this legal?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    My landlord held $1,000 of our $1,500 security deposit for damages that are completely ridiculous. One example is a $175 charge for throwing away left over trash (the photo evidence of the trash is some grass/debris from our landscaping and 2 brooms that she told us we could leave there during the walk through). We asked for 2 weeks for receipts of the damages, and the receipt she sent us is an invoice from her husbands "construction company" with all the charges. We cannot find this company anywhere online and the address attached brings us to a random home in the city. Is she legally allowed to have her husband perform the maintenance and provide us with a vague invoice from his company?

    There are many other issues with her and ways she wronged us, but I'm wondering about this one specifically because I'm sure her husband just fixed everything himself for less than $50-$100 and just made a huge invoice in order to take more of our money. Is there anything we can do about this/any way we can prove this? If anyone is seriously willing to help me I can give you the actual pictures of the invoice/photos of the "damage". Everything in the pictures seems to me to be either normal wear and tear or cleaning (completely understand charging us for cleaning, not trying to dispute that!).

    submitted by /u/sweetpeaches118
    [link] [comments]

    Ohio- Realistically if I bought undeveloped land and made a very rustic living situation for myself.... Would I get in trouble

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    So I need to get back out into the woods. If I bought some residential land in the woods and had a well dug and lived in a Yurt/hut there (not to code in any way likely)..... How likely am I to actually get in trouble? We're talking no kids. Maybe a cat and me. Occasional friend over.

    Does anyone care if there aren't any kids or otherwise vulnerable people involved?


    For maybe relevant but really just meh details ... I grew up pretty simply and miss it.

    My plan is to have a wood burning stove. Solar panels enough for maybe led two lights and to charge my cell phone nightly.

    I just want a small simple space where I have to work for things. I am deeply unsatisfied with city life.

    submitted by /u/DirtBeast
    [link] [comments]

    I was sexually assaulted at 16 by a man in his 20’s. I know his name. Can I get him arrested now?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    5 years ago, I was 16 and messing around on an app called YikYak (which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist anymore). I was at the beach with my mom and kind of bored (I was in my rebellious phase) and I wanted to see if there were any other teenagers staying in the same hotel as me that I could hang out with and possibly find some weed or alcohol. A guy messaged me and I can't remember if he told me his age or not. The entire experience was very traumatic and I forget it all the time, only to remember it years later and get disturbed all over again. Anyway, he knew I was young enough to have to sneak out when my mom was sleeping to hang out and I'm pretty sure I told him I was 16. He was staying in the same hotel as us, a few floors up, so I agreed to come to his room. I walked in and it was obvious he was in his mid-late 20's. Probably around 25-26. He proceeded to pressure me into having sex with him, which I denied because I was a virgin and totally scared out of my mind. He ended up forcing me to preform oral sex on him while 2 other men were peeking into the room and walking around the place. I felt dirty and super guilty, like it was my fault and that I'd get in so much trouble if I told anyone. He added me on Snapchat and continued to try to talk to me and even convince "me and some of my hot friends" to come hang out with him again. I blocked him. He found me on Facebook and tried to message me on there. I was absolutely terrified of this man and blocked him again. I still remember his name and I want to get him in trouble for what he did to me. I wonder if I could unblock him on Facebook and strategically message him and get him to admit my age when that happened, if I could get him into some legal trouble? I am located in North Carolina.

    submitted by /u/hookiebean
    [link] [comments]

    One of my "friends" just sent himself my nudes.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    I hung out with my old manager tonight. He's always taken dumb selfies on my phone and made them my wallpaper, so I didn't think anything of it because he was taking selfies and changed my wallpaper. While he had my phone, I checked my laptop for texts and saw that he sent himself two photos and one video. I caught him, asked him what he thought he was doing and deleted the photos from his end of the text thread. I checked his photos and deleted photos in case he had saved it. He had the audacity to do it while sitting next to his coworker, my roommate. I told him to get the f*ck out of my house and he left immediately.

    This happened literally five minutes ago. It's 12:39 AM, so I can't file a police report right now. I have proof of him sending the nudes to himself, as I didn't delete them outgoing on my devices. I'm very overwhelmed and I know I'm not overreacting. My roommate and I are both very upset over what just happened. I feel guilty about doing anything in a legal avenue because he was my friend, but if he's doing this to me when sober and smoking hookah in my backyard, I can't imagine he hasn't done it to anyone else.

    Does anyone have any advice on where to go from here?

    Located in Philadelphia, PA.

    Edit: The "friend" was over hanging with my roommate last night. Apparently my roommate had to talk then drunk-ex-friend out of going up to my room to "get in my bed." He checked my room for me this morning after I had left for work (not knowing that I had left), and our other roommate texted me to see if I had anyone stay over because she heard someone upstairs and needed reassurance.

    submitted by /u/Sandmint
    [link] [comments]

    Forced COVID quarantine without pay.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    11 days ago, I had lunch with a co-worker who started showing COVID-19 symptoms the next day. She got tested that day and the results were positive. 4 days after that, I got a call from HR that I had contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 at work. They told me I had to self-quarantine for 14 days. I asked them if I had to use my PTO for my days of quarantine and they said yes. I have only earned 6 days of PTO so far. Is it even legal for them to require me to use my PTO if they are the ones enforcing my quarantine? Is there any legal action I can take? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

    submitted by /u/kodabuddha
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to see my daughter.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Long story short, I havent seen my daughter in 2+ years. I only have a hint of where she might be located. Her mother put a restraining order on me and left to what I can only assume is another state based on a CPS letter my mom received saying that there was going to be a child support order put on me from the state. My question is what can I do to try and set up a parenting plan when I have no idea where they are located? If this isnt a proper post i apologize.

    Edit: I live in Oregon and I believe she is in Montana

    submitted by /u/christiarchy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment