• Breaking News

    Friday, April 24, 2020

    Legal Advice - My 16 year old daughter has been receiving money from a 50 year old man online. Is there anything I can do legally to stop this creep from preying on young girls?

    Legal Advice - My 16 year old daughter has been receiving money from a 50 year old man online. Is there anything I can do legally to stop this creep from preying on young girls?


    My 16 year old daughter has been receiving money from a 50 year old man online. Is there anything I can do legally to stop this creep from preying on young girls?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    I went through my daughters phone tonight and I found messages between her and a 50 year old man named Roger. There was nothing sexual there or nothing of them meeting up or anything as he lives states away from us. But I saw him telling her that in exchange for her company over text and over the phone and stuff, he'd send her money. They've been talking for about 3 months now that I saw and have video chatted and called a NUMBER of times. I genuinely believe that nothing happened sexually but he has her send regular pictures of herself in skirts and the like and tells her how beautiful she is and it's disgusting. I looked on her Paypal and she's received nearly $1000 from this man over the course of 3 months. I don't even know how to talk to her about this because I've never dealt with it and I don't believe it's technically illegal. I don't know what I can do about this old creep preying on young girls and my daughter. I don't know if I should discipline her or make this into a teaching moment (we've been in situations like this before). I don't think in terms of the law I can do anything as there is nothing sexual there (a blessing and a curse). He's some cop that lives in Idaho and we live in Minnesota. What can I do? Is there anything in terms of the law that he could get in trouble for ? Who can/should I reach out to?

    submitted by /u/ThrowRAmom129
    [link] [comments]

    Adopted a dog from a rescue. Now one of the staff is threatening to confiscate my dog if I don't add her on Facebook.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    Regarding the false sticky edit by a mod: When you adopt a dog from a rescue, the dog is spayed or neutered by the rescue before they go to their forever home, as they absolutely should be. I am not planning to violate my contract by breeding my dog. I don't know who I was reported to be to the mods, but that is 100% incorrect and it's baffling that they would make that accusation without any proof. I am just someone who adopted a dog and am now being bombarded with emails (and texts now too!) from a crazy rescue owner demanding I add her on Facebook. That's it. People can stop with the harassment, threats, and insults now.

    Pretty much the title. My fiance and I adopted a dog from a rescue a couple weeks ago. Then I received a Facebook friend request the evening after doggo came home from the lady who had been fostering him. She also happens to be one of the co-founders of the rescue. I have very few friends on Facebook (literally just 28 people) because I only want to share my life with good friends and family, basically just people I trust, so I didn't accept the request. I didn't actually take any action at all, I just ignored it. A few days later, I received an email from her "reminding" me to accept her request and that I need to post a photo of my dog weekly so that she knows the dog is doing well and is still with me. I told her I wasn't comfortable with adding her on Facebook since I didn't really know her, but would be happy to send her periodic updates.

    Apparently, this wasn't good enough, and she responded with an incredibly snooty email saying that she requires social media contact in order to be able to assess how the dogs are doing and make sure they are in a good home and that adopters are adhering to the contract. She also said that if I refuse to accept her friend request, she may have to take "legal action" and have our dog forcibly removed from our home.

    NOWHERE in the contract does it state that I must be Facebook friends with her, and when I asked my friend who recommended this rescue if she had to do this, she said she didn't, but that this person is kind of known to be very involved and protective of the dogs she adopts out. Do I have to actually do this, and can the rescue actually take my dog back if I don't? I'm even more uncomfortable with the idea now knowing how overbearing she is. It's just a boundary thing to me.

    submitted by /u/GoldLectura
    [link] [comments]

    Local cable company dug up my yard today and 90% of the work was done outside the easement. I have pulled up the map of the neighborhood from the county assessors office and it clearly shows a 10 foot easement from the edge of the road and the work done was 15 to 20 foot from the edge of the road.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Edit to add US Oklahoma

    The title covers it pretty well. What I am wondering is what can I do about it? At fist the cable company (2 different supervisors) denied they where working for the cable company and advised I call the police. I am outside the city limits and I know the sheriff so I called him and he sent a deputy over to check things out. Deputy said that as long as they where working on the utilities she could do nothing to stop them and it was a civil matter. I was a little shocked that all you need to dig up a persons private property was a photo copy of a piece of paper with the cable companies name on it and a couple of numbers on it. They are also digging without having the buried electrical cables marked. I definitely don't want anyone being electrocuted in my yard. They left the job half finished with open holes and conduit all over my yard. How can I protect myself and my yard?

    Please legal minds of Reddit share your wisdom.

    Much appreciated.

    I also wanted to add that according to the flags marking the gas line the gas company is also way out of the easement and I don't even have gas service.

    submitted by /u/I_smell_insanity
    [link] [comments]

    Can the judge sell my dog?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    I'm going through a divorce, and the only thing we are having discrepancies about is the ownership of my dog. I told my ex she could have everything except him, but she won't let it go and claims she is entitled to him. The judge is telling me that if we go to trial he will just make me sell my dog without looking at the case. I have a very strong bond with this dog, as does my other older dog. I understand legally he is a possession, but to me he is my family. This is taking place in Michigan.

    Here are the facts - I purchased him before the marriage, i have receipts for this. - all licensing and vet records are in my name - I have photo & video proof of good life, hikes, training, socialization with other dogs, and casual dog sports.

    I did have to spend several months in the hospital, and she was his primary caretaker in that time and has developed an attachment to him and had plans to make him her emotional support animal. But while she had him, she didn't do anything with him. She worked long hours where he was left alone, she didn't continue with any training or sports, and she racked up a ton of credit card debt and is not financially stable. She also did not show to the hearing or respond to my lawyers messages. The judge told me that if it goes to trial, he will make me sell the dog so that neither of us get him. They did send an offer of $500 for him, and we countered immediately saying we would pay them $500 to drop the case and leave us alone. That was weeks ago, before the pandemic, and they haven't responded. What are the chances I will lose my dog? What avenues can I take to make sure that doesn't happen?

    submitted by /u/PitbullLove448
    [link] [comments]

    I recorded a customer service call with my phone carrier that was preceded with an announcement that "calls may be recorded for training or quality service purposes."

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Now they're telling me that I don't have the right to document my interaction in the same way, and are threatening to "escalate" the issue. Do I have anything to worry about? I am in NY.

    [Edit] Just completed call. Once I disclosed that I was recording, it was immediately escalated to a manager who claimed that the carrier has the right to record all interactions, I don't have the right to refuse being recorded, and that their "policy" forbids me recording. This manager is now escalating to her manager, who will call me back within the next 24 hours.

    The backstory: I recently purchased a used phone on eBay. It was freshly wiped, in great shape, and exactly what I wanted. I tired my old SIM, but the carrier said I need a new one. Fine. I set about configuring the phone to my liking over the next few days, and I've been using it on WiFi just fine. The new SIM finally arrived, and I tried activating through the phone. No go, so I put off activating it for a few days because I didn't want the carrier to push it's bloat/spyware upon registering with the network.

    Today I called in to activate it, and stated that I didn't want any of the bloat, and the agent insisted that activating the phone doesn't install any software. While 'technically' true that activation itself doesn't install anything, it opens the door to allowing the carrier to install any software they please, without the ability for me to remove it. This usually happen within an hour of registration. Again the agent insisted that this doesn't happen, and offered to send me to technical support. I explain that this has happened to me with EVERY upgrade I've ever done with them, and opted to be sent to tech support.

    I explained my situation to technical support, and she too claimed that "the SIM doesn't install software". I acknowledged that, and restated that it wasn't the SIM I was worried about. It's the third party "partner" apps they push. Again she played ignorant. I explained that I've had this happen with EVERY phone I've had with them, and that I have already configured my phone to my liking, and do not under any circumstances want my current configuration altered in any way. She insisted that it won't happen, and put me on hold to ask a supervisor.

    While I was on hold, the phone suddenly started to provision without any prompting from me. When it was complete, EVERY icon on my home screen was gone, and it back to it's factory default. The underlying applications were still installed. At this point I started my reorder, and took screen shots of what I had installed.

    The tech support rep seemed incredulous, and said "that shouldn't happen". I agreed, and said that it does, and it has every time I've upgraded a phone with them, and I'd like for it to not happen this time. She insisted that it doesn't. She had me test if the phone was functional. I made a call, tested the internet, all fine. At that point she indicated that there wasn't anything more she can do, and asked if there was anything else she could help me with. I told her that I didn't want their apps installed, to which she replied that they don't install anything. I told her that I had taken screen shots of my home screen and of all the apps installed before calling as proof, and that I was recording the interaction. At that point she got flustered and said she would have to escalate this to her manager. She sounded fearful, and stated that "by their policy I'm not allowed to record the call".

    I noted that their hold announcement states multiple times that calls may be recorded, and that if they can record, so can I. That announcement and her training inform both of us that calls are being recorded, and willingly participating in the call is tacit permission. After a brief hold, I get passed to her manager. She again reiterated that it's "policy" that customers can't record. I said that if they are, then so am I. She stated out that they have the right to record, and my only right of refusal is to not participate in the call.

    I said that my only intent was to document and cover my own rear, just as they do when they record. That if I don't have any issues, then any recording is moot. I also made it clear that this phone is MY computing device, and I have the final legal say over what software is and is not going to run on it. My only interest was in preventing unauthorized software from being installed, and if that such installation it prevented, the existence of any recordings is meaningless.

    Since this manager was unable to convince me that I was somehow in the wrong, she said that she was have to escalate this to her manager. This is apparently supposed to happen in the next 24 hours, I assume after their legal dept has their say.

    So LA, where do I stand? Do I have the right to forbid unwanted carrier software? Am I allowed to document my interactions with a company that clearly states they are recording ME?

    submitted by /u/playaspec
    [link] [comments]

    [UT] Neighbor property line drama. Purchased a house last year, and the neighbors behind us use our property as a path to get to the bus stop/friends' houses. Planning to build a fence, and they are threatening to sue.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    Late last year, we purchased a house that had around 20+ children climbing down into our yard, and going out of our gate to get to the bus stop or just to a friends' houses. To illustrate this the below picture shows our backyard terrace, our property line in red, their property line in black, and the gate they come through in blue.

    https://imgur.com/a/wopVNVd

    Despite asking nicely to have them stop coming through our yard, they continue to do so, and after personally asking several of the kids, they make a point to go through the neighbors' gate, but still walk along the terrace that we own half of. After this, we stopped pressing the issue, but recently, we've had several kids throwing rocks off of our wall, jumping off our wall (liability issue), and damaging some shared bushes and trees on the terrace. Our backyard isn't particularly large, so we've also had many times where we look out of our kitchen windows, only to find these kids hanging out and peeping through our windows. Speaking to the neighbors whose gate they now go through, we'd like to build a fence along our property line, going up the terrace to prevent passage.

    https://imgur.com/a/BhWXJAy

    Despite not owning any of this property on this side, our neighbor is threatening us with legal action if we attempt to build a fence that goes up the terrace. I believe there are a few inches at the base that are owned by yet another individual, but they lease the house and are out of state (I haven't spoken to them yet). Obviously, I need to obtain their permission to connect our planned fence, but I've also considered asking to purchase the ~100 sqft of land they own on the terrace so there are no future issues. Attached is an aerial picture showing property lines that are shown on county GIS data, and ground stakes:

    https://imgur.com/a/Vf1jT68

    Obviously, we will run into legal issues trying to build a shared fence up the terrace on the trespasser's side, but he is still threatening us if we block his kids from traveling along their current route.

    Our neighbors are very hostile to the idea of their children losing the shortcut, because walking to the bus stop and neighbors houses would mean going around a good ways. Apparently they were promised a common path down for the neighborhood to use, but this was never built. They are completely unapologetic for their kids' behavior, and see the above reasons as to why they are entitled to pass through our yards. When notified of their children stripping the bark off of our shared tree, he offered no apologies, and insisted that if we asked around, we would learn that his children are the best in the neighborhood. Honestly, if they had approached us when we moved in and pleaded their case in a nice way, I probably would have just agreed to let them pass through out of kindness. At the present time, I am mad as hell and want to maintain the privacy of my yard.

    Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/cozzbp
    [link] [comments]

    My (New Jersey) landlord's father just entered my apartment without prior permission after he has been warned multiple times to stop. What can I do?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I live in a duplex, and my landlord's elderly parents live in the unit below us. Today while I was in the living room I heard my door (which was locked!) open when I wasn't expecting anyone to come in. I rushed up to see who it was, and to my surprise it was my landlord's father. To tell me he was going to "vacuum the stairs". He had entered without giving any notice or even knocking, and this is not the first time he has entered our apartment without permission. He has previously walked in to yell at one of my roommates for "closing the door too loud". He was of course told to leave and we threatened to call the police if he came in again. What legal recourse do I have? This is getting extremely frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

    submitted by /u/itsdevinsmith
    [link] [comments]

    Got a bad flu, Covid 19 tested, worked at Airport, Fired for listening to doctor.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    US Resident in Illinois

    I am a newly diabetic and I don't have the best lungs, I got a very bad Flu, so bad that I went to the ER. I was told by the ER doctor that I will in no way go back to work UNLESS my personal doctor decides to give the okay. I was going to appointments for a while until I was better. I went back to work with my notes. A week later I got sick again. I went to see my personal doctor. She was concerned because I work at the Airport and a lot of employees from my airport were coming to that clinic with sickness of Covid 19. She asked what airport terminal and I told her. It took 2 hours but I got the Covid 19 test done. I was told not to go back to work in fear of spreading it if I have it.

    I told my manager and HQ and was told that I am fired. I ended up waiting a week until my results came back. Negative. I tried to apply for unemployment and recently received a letter that my HQ is fighting against me and I believe (or what I can tell) that they are denying me any money.

    Also I got a bill, it will cost me 650.00 for the Covid 19 test and I am jobless. What can I do?

    Edit: Not in a union / Illinois/ I had bronchitis 3 years in a row around Feb so my previous doctor told me my lungs are weak.

    submitted by /u/GhostieThatHauntsMe
    [link] [comments]

    Someone I know is charging money to sleep train babies in China, last week a three month old baby is dead because of her “training course“, this person lives in RI now, is there anyway to report her and the co-founder (currently a phd student in the U.S) of this company?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    Please bear with my English since it's not my first language.This account is registered by my friends and I, some of us are living in the U.S, some are living in China. We are extremely angry about this tragedy.

    This woman M is a mom of two, living in Rhode Island with her husband, she has no medical background, not a doctor or a sleep training therapist. She has the "Advanced Childcare" certificate from the U.S redcross.

    She started to teach people how to sleep train their kids since 2017.

    Later she and this guy D worked together, registered a company in Shanghai, China, started a brand name and providing classes to teach moms how to feed babies, sleep training and regular childcare stuff.

    D is the founder and legal representative of this company. M is like the main character (hope you know what I mean) of this brand, she posted videos of sleep training, wrote about her sleep training stories and had many videos of her life as a mom. Her sleep consulting class costs 1k dollars. According to another member of our small team, she also sells toys to moms in her groups, some are not safe for children.

    Moms paid for the sleep training classes (encouraging kids to sleep on their tummies and all sorts of weird stuff with few or no.scientific prove), then after a ten day long online class, the mom will join the VIP group where the "teachers" will keep in touch with her and giving advice.

    Last week, a mom in her VIP group asked for the advice since her baby been crying, the "teachers" in her group told her it's ok, your baby is about to learn how to sleep on her tummy, very soon she will be able to fall asleep by herself and you will be free. She even posted videos of her baby girl crying. The "teacher" said this is not bad, don't worry.

    Two hours later, the baby is dead.

    We don't know the official COD. The company said her class was over so it's not our responsibility. It went all over the news in China, now the company has "stopped running" but not shut down yet.

    M (the one came up with "sleep on the tummy and your baby will sleep through the night" theory) is in America, has the greencard. D (founder of the company) is pursuing his Phd degree in UMASS now. None of them is being charged.

    Is there anything we can do here in America to stop them from doing this again? We know their names and many personal info (from people that actually know them), and we know M is not reporting her income from this sleep training job. What can we do?

    submitted by /u/itsagummybear
    [link] [comments]

    Repo company took the wrong car

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    A family member of mine in Connecticut , had their car stolen. Turns out, an insurance investigator has tracked the car down via drone. A repo company took the wrong car and it has been sitting in their lot since November. Company did not attempt to return the car nor reach out to the owner to say it was a mistake. They went through the stress of renting a car for months, trying to save for a new car. Inconveniencing others for help and mental and emotional stress of having your car stolen from right in from of their home. Should legal action be taken? Repo company's website says its insured for accidental repo. What's an attainable compensation amount? Car has been gone 6 months and will be getting it back tomorrow

    submitted by /u/casinoprince203
    [link] [comments]

    How can I visit a doctors office if i'm 13 and my parents keep forgetting?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I'm from Minnesota, I want to go see a doctor, because of the way of my body being constantly in pain, (might be hard in this pandemic, but I would still like to try) however, my parents, no matter how many times I ask, or tell them or leave them notes about it, they never actually have me go there. My question is, would it be legal to contact/go to a doctors office without my parents consent? Sorry if this isn't the right sub for this.

    submitted by /u/throwoftheawayacc
    [link] [comments]

    Schrodinger's Loan

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    The short version:

    I had a car that I once attempted to trade, backed out of the deal, and the loan was paid off by mistake. It was closed for just about three months, and then reopened. The finance company is now claiming I'm 70+ days overdue and I owe them a few hundred in late fees. I fail to see how I owe them late fees when I had no functional way to post payments to the account. I've explained this multiple times, the information doesn't seem to go anywhere, and they just keep pestering. The last message I sent them (in written form through their online portal, they've insisted on only calling me) I told them not to call me again unless they had removed the late fees and corrected the loan balance. This was this morning, and I've not heard from them since.

    The longer version:

    This started when I attempted to trade a car with a dealer. This car turned out to be very much not as advertised (thank goodness I decided to get it inspected!) and I told them to take it back. I had other issues with this dealer before this point, so I wasn't even interested in letting them try and fix it. They agreed, we voided all the paperwork, and I got my trade back.

    Fast forward a couple weeks, and I discover that my car's loan has been paid off. A few days later the dealer realizes what they did, contacts me, and asks for the title that they sent me back. Oh yes, they sent me a lien-free title for the car. I contact the finance company, they say send us the title and the dealer can send us a notarized letter explaining their mistake, and we'll return it to normal. All of this happens, I confirm they have the letter and the title, and they say they'll be in touch again once it's been re-opened.

    A month goes by, I hear nothing, the account remains listed as closed, and this little thing called COVID-19 explodes. I can no longer reach anyone at the finance company. Their phone service hangs up on me, and nobody replies to messages on their online portal. At this point I have no idea when this will ever be fixed, and I give up trying to contact them as my issues are likely not as important as people who may not be able to put food on the table because of a loan problem.

    Another month goes by, I've now missed three payments by this point, and suddenly the loan appears as open again when I randomly check one day. Of course no one has contacted me about the loan being open again, and when I try to contact the finance company about it, the phone service says the department is closed, and promptly hangs up on me. Also, there's still nobody replying to messages in their online portal.

    Around this time I notice a number is calling me on a fairly frequent basis, but I generally make a point of not answering numbers I don't recognize. It's 3-4 calls before they finally leave a message identifying themselves as the finance company, and asking me to call them back. I do so, and wind up explaining to one of their reps the situation. Again. They promise to escalate to a manager, and we end the call.

    The next day they call again, a different rep, politely advising me again that I'm 70+ days overdue. I explain the issue for a third time, get put on multiple long holds, advise them that I will not be sending them any money until they've removed the late fees and corrected the balance, and on the third long hold for the rep to talk to their manager, I hang up, because I'm about to start swearing at this person, and that's not going to help anything.

    And that brings this ridiculous situation to today. I've traded the vehicle in question as of the beginning of the week. A check for the currently listed payoff quote is on the way to this finance company. I would like the loan to be corrected, but at this point I don't know what actual options I have to do that. At this point, any over-payment I might not get back may be worth it to never have to deal with this finance company again.

    This loan, by the way, is still listed as closed on my credit, as of just a few days ago. I would of course contest any placement of derogatory marks or late payments on my credit, but would I be able to prove that? I know they've insisted on phone calls to limit the amount of written conversion I've had with them.

    What should I do here? Just refuse to talk to them until they get the payoff check? There's only so much time in a day I can spend on the phone explaining all of this yet again. On one of those calls, I will likely lose my patience with them.

    submitted by /u/mattnukem
    [link] [comments]

    Can I evict my sister?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    I recently got an apartment with my sister, but only my name is on the lease and bills because of her credit. All bills were supposed to be split evenly, but she's only paid once in four months. She's lost her job due to the virus, but has made no attempts to file for unemployment. She got her stimulus check, and blew it in a week, spending exactly zero on bills. She thanked me a few days ago for being her sugar mama and paying for everything. She continues to break state mandated quarantine even though I work with a child who has cystic fibrosis. In addition to not paying, she invites friends over who stay for five or more days at a time. I've asked her to stop bringing people over, but she says she needs to socialize for her mental health during the shutdown. She's started seeing someone she met on tindr and has invited them to live with us. I would just leave, but my name is on everything. I'm exploring my legal options, but can't evict someone while the state is in crisis. I've considered breaking the lease and just moving somewhere else. Any leasing or eviction advice would be helpful. I live in Michigan, in America. Another question, now that she has invited another person to live at the house, will I need to evict them as well?

    submitted by /u/Complete_Box
    [link] [comments]

    I got Fired today for reporting non essential businesses still working.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    So as the title says I got fired from work for reporting non essential bossiness still operating. So I work as an In house security guard and where I use to work there was renovations going on and so on. So I went online to report the companies still operating on my days off and few days later I received a phone call from HR telling me not to go to work for my next shift, I asked why and they said the client found out I was responsible for informing the city they where allowing construction to continue as a result the company terminated me with a phone call. I'm kinda stuck about what to do now I called my Union they said there is nothing they can do. As my firing was willfull. Just wondering how I can be terminated for doing something the government wanted people to do by setting up a way to report. Ontario Canada

    submitted by /u/xYesterdaysNewsx
    [link] [comments]

    Recieved a box of cpap supplies I didnt order and was told they were free covered by insurance then was charged a month later.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    Total kind of says the whole story in a nut shell but. About 2 months ago I recieved a automated message call about my sleep therapy and supplies. Near the end of the call the automated message asked if I would like to order more cpap supplies that were covered by my insurance. It didnt actually finish the question before it cut out and there was an awkward silence then the automated message said thanks and goodbye. I DID NOT ASK FOR SUPPLIES OR EVEN SAID YES TO THE ORDER OF SUPPLIES.

    Fast forward a week or two and I recieved a package of supplies so i called the provider and told them i didnt order these and asked if i would be charged for them. They checked and told me that they were covered by my insurance I made sure they understood my question by asking again a different way. "So I wont reciev any kind of charge for these correct?" I was told no so I started using some of the equipment.

    A month later I get a bill for $420 for all the equipment so I call them and tell them there must be a mistake cause I disnt order any cpap supplies AND I was quoted no charge I told them I'm not responsible for this order and they told me that I need to return the unused equipment and they will refund for the unused stuff which will only refund me like $200.

    I shouldnt have to pay for any of this as 1. I DIDNT ORDER ANY SUPPLIES, and 2. I was quoted not charge.

    I understand how insurance works but this seems pretty sketchy to be for a large company to do this. What legal options do I have to not pay for these supplies. I was debating small claims court.

    submitted by /u/Trykrist
    [link] [comments]

    I am not able to open my window because of a kid’s screaming everyday

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    I live in Germany, and I am looking for any advice, what I can do or even how I can talk to my neighbor regarding this issue.

    There is one specific kid who lives in the next apartment and he is either on the balcony or in the garden and he screams all day. It is incredible, I am not able to leave the window open for 10 minutes or I start getting headaches. With the weather it is getting more and more warm, and I just want to have some fresh air.

    I read the laws of the country and it says that children are free to do what they want, all day and all night with NO RESTRICTIONS. But this is really not normal, this amount of screaming can be preventable. It is not "a normal children's play screaming", this kid screams like he is being eaten alive.

    Right now, especially because of the pandemic everyone is at home and everyone is busy. Even if we are not able to do anything in the normal time, is there anything I can do with the current situation?

    submitted by /u/Ejvas
    [link] [comments]

    Company did layoffs first, then applies for a SBA PPP loan

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    my company laid off about 20% of our workforce in late March and a couple weeks later the CEO mentioned that they had been approved for a loan under PPP and that they were going to do whatever they could to keep the rest of us employed now.

    I heard that as part of the PPP you have to maintain the same number of FTE by June 30 as you had even before you applied for the loan? Is this true? Would my company have to re-hire these people or lose the loan forgiveness?

    If someone could point me in the direction of the actual legalese that specifies this too I would be very thankful! thank you!

    company location - VT

    submitted by /u/charsebto
    [link] [comments]

    Previous employer is trying to send me 1099-Misc form and classify me as an independent contractor when I worked as a serverr. [TX]

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    This was my very first job and didn't know about many things regarding tax going into the job. I worked at a small restaurant as a server for about 3 months, getting paid just above minimum wage. My last day was 8 months ago.

    8 months later, Today my previous employer for this restaurant messages me asking for my address to send me my 1099-Misc form. I'm not an independent contractor so I should be receiving a W-2 instead shouldn't I?

    This employer never made me sign a W-2 at the start of my job. He took money out of my paycheck which he said was for taxes, but now he's saying he didn't take money out and paid me my full wage.

    I don't want to pay extra taxes that he should've paid himself. What should I be doing?

    submitted by /u/gokuhero
    [link] [comments]

    Step-Daughter wants to move in with her Dad and I. Bio Mom is losing her mind over it. What can we do legally right now? I live in Canada, and the courts are currently closed.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    A bit of background info. Step daughter is one of three kids and will be turning 13 this summer. She has been with us for a month now, and doesn't want to return to her mom's house. The bio-mom doesn't work, or drive. All three kids have some kind of depression/anxiety problem that she has never dealt with properly. The house is depressing, they don't ever leave home and barely go to school. They eat crap food, stay up all night and play on their devices non-stop.

    We have rules here and structure that I think she recognizes she needs. She is determined with stay with us now and wants to go to school here with my kids (11 + 9) whenever that starts up again.

    Besides fighting for custody of her, we think it may be time to also fight for custody of the other two. Do we have much of a leg to stand on? Ultimately, we would like to not have to pay child support for kids that live with us but that is not main concern at this time.

    Do we have to go through court for this or can we force her into mediation.

    submitted by /u/Rhfjsodnf6788
    [link] [comments]

    Shower leaking from my condo unit to the lower floors. Who's responsible for the repairs?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    Location: Toronto, Canada

    I was told by the condo building manager that the shower inside my unit is leaking and is causing water damage to the common room on the lower floors. There is a bit of water damage to the hardwood floor in my adjacent bedroom as well. The pipes are behind the wall so obviously I haven't been messing around with the plumbing.

    Who's responsible for the repairs?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/desperate-1
    [link] [comments]

    My wife is requesting reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy and her company is not responding to the request

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    My wife was diagnosed with a medical condition and was placed on bed rest by the OB for two months. During this time she was placed on protected leave and had been updating HR and her supervisor after each appointment in regards to returning to work. Prior to being cleared to return to work with lifting restrictions, she was cleared for light duty, however the company reported light duty was not an option.

    The OB recently cleared her to return to work with a 25 pound lifting restriction which was communicated to HR and her supervisor. My wife works within the medical field, her job description has a clause "lifting occasionally 0-100 pounds." Although there is a clause in her job description about lifting, this is only a small portion of her actual job responsibilities. My wife has requested reasonable accommodations from HR and was told the decision was up to the area director. She contacted the area director along with her supervisor and has been unable to get any update on the requested accommodations. My wife's supervisor has been in touch with her, however the area director has not contacted her directly and has been difficult to contact.

    We are wondering what rights my wife has in regards to reasonable accommodations and if the company is discriminating against her due to the pregnancy. My wife is planning on contacting the state of California about the above concerns the following week, however do we need to additionally seek legal advice?

    Thank you for any and all help!

    submitted by /u/ProjectApolloTX
    [link] [comments]

    Husband loan

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    My husband had a loan for a car when he passed away. The bank told me i couldnt make payments cause the loan wasnt in my name. They told me if i wanted to keep it i had to pay the loan off. Which of.course i couldnt do, sonlet them have it back. They now have sold the car but not for asking price and they want me to pay the remainer can they actually do.this since my name was not on the loan?

    submitted by /u/ItchyPainting8
    [link] [comments]

    What should i be prepared for in regards to a divorce? MI

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    We havent been married long. 9/9/19. Do i need an attorney? Assets are pretty much split already and we are separated. I just want this crap done and over with.

    submitted by /u/thefenriswolf24
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment