• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 12, 2021

    Legal Advice - [TX] My brother had a heart attack at work, colleagues wasted 8 minutes before calling 911 because of a policy that employees can't call 911.

    Legal Advice - [TX] My brother had a heart attack at work, colleagues wasted 8 minutes before calling 911 because of a policy that employees can't call 911.


    [TX] My brother had a heart attack at work, colleagues wasted 8 minutes before calling 911 because of a policy that employees can't call 911.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:45 AM PST

    Basically the title. My brother was at work, he collapsed suddenly. His colleagues saw him. First they tried to awake him but he was unresponsive. Someone wanted to call 911 but there's a policy at their workplace that employees must ask a supervisor before they call emergency services. They can be disciplined for not doing so. It took several minutes to get ahold of a supervisor. Once the supervisor arrived, he was not sure what to do and wasted more time calling his own superior to be sure he had the right to call an ambulance, and making sure it was a "real" emergency (he's not trained in first aid at all, none of them are, so idk what he was hoping to achieve). A call to 911 was finally placed more than 8 minutes after my brother collapsed. There's video of his his colleagues running in circles and using their phones to try find their supervisor. my brother is unconscious in the ICU, he will very likely have brain damage. At the hospital we were told that the 8 minute delay was critical and almost certainly impacted his outcome. Response times are for emergency services are usually very good in our the area, they would have come much sooner had anyone just called.

    So I'm here to ask if it's legal to have a policy that your employees can't call 911 immediately when they witness an emergency. Is it something his employer can be held liable for? It's nothing short of criminal imo, I'm livid.

    submitted by /u/DavidJames934
    [link] [comments]

    (IA) I signed a lease for an apartment with great brand new appliances. On move-in day they were switched out with crappy replacements. Feels like bait and switch.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:20 AM PST

    Hi all. I am wondering if there is anything I can do about this situation. I'm guessing not, but might as well ask!

    In December I viewed an apartment. It was the exact unit I was renting (not a model unit or something) and at that time it had brand new, very nice appliances - a 28 cu ft fridge with water/ice dispensers, a nice electric stove, a dishwasher, a microwave. They were all matching stainless steel. I like entertaining for dinners etc. so having a nice kitchen is important to me and these were big pluses, as well as the nice big fridge as we have a family of 5 = full fridge.

    It also had a laundry room with nice, new HE laundry machines with high capacities, which with a family of 5 we do a LOT of laundry, so I loved the big machines as well.

    The nice new modern appliances were easily a factor in choosing this apartment over another apartment. I even chatted about it with the agent showing me the place and she was chiming in about how great they are, showing me features on the fridge, etc. She told me that the unit used to have crappy old appliances, but the guy who owned the building bought a new house for himself and wanted to bring his old appliances to it, meaning he didn't need the appliances the house came with, and he didn't think they'd sell for much so he had them put in one of the apartments instead.

    On January 1st they sent an email informing me that a couple maintenance people would be coming to the apartment at 3PM Jan 2nd for a couple maintenance items they were unable to complete sooner due to the holiday. I didn't think much of it and it didn't mention specifics.

    I picked up keys at 8AM on January 2nd and we moved in that morning, and all appliances were there. We were away from 2PM to 7PM cleaning up the old place and when we came back, the nice appliance were missing and replaced by crappy older versions. The fridge was switched out with the smallest fridge I've ever seen, the electric glass top stove was switched with a 40 year old gas stove. The only remaining item was the microwave in the kitchen. In the laundry room the separate washer and dryer were switched to a top-bottom dryer-washer combo thing that is less than half the capacity of the original washer. The fridge is so stupidly small that the maintenance guys couldn't even move all our freezer food - they filled up the new freezer and a bunch of things didn't fit, so they just left a bunch of frozen food on the counter.

    I contacted the office immediately and heard back the following week. They gave no information about cause or anything and just said they needed to switch them out. I pointed out that these are obviously very different caliber than what was previously there and they said there should be everything the lease requires and to let them know if any appliances are missing.

    They are correct in that the lease technically only says the place includes a refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, and washer/dryer - it doesn't say brands and models.

    However this feels like a ridiculous bait and switch. If these had been here when I looked at the place I would have chosen another apartment I was looking at for the same price in the same area.

    Do I have any recourse? I know it's unlikely but I feel extremely frustrated as these were a factor in my choice to rent this place vs another place and now feel stuck. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/apartmentswitcheroo
    [link] [comments]

    Non renters won't get off our property

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:34 AM PST

    My brother and I bought a house in Dallas, Oregon and the plan was to fix it up and either flip it or rent it out. Partway through the renovations a family friend needed help and asked if he and his family could stay in the house for a few weeks. We agreed. This was not for rent, nor was there any rental agreement. This was just to help a family out.

    It has now been 3 months and they refuse to leave. They have changed the locks on the doors, installed a security system, removed our washer and dryer, all without our permission, and now claim we can't kick them out because they can legally stay there as they are getting their mail there, {which we also never gave permission for,} and because of Covid.

    What can we do? This is costing us money every month and we can't even finish our renovations.

    submitted by /u/TinkerJan
    [link] [comments]

    (CA) Possibly homeless person getting occasional mail delivered to our address. Any harm in letting it continue?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 04:53 PM PST

    Hey Reddit,

    My fiance and I recently bought a house in October, and shortly after we moved in someone knocked on the door and asked if anything had come to him (it was an unemployment check). Showed me his ID unprompted to prove it was him. It was sitting with a bunch of old mail from the previous owner. He said another check was coming, and asked us to give him a call when it came. 2 or 3 pieces came since then, and I'd shoot him a text letting him know I left it in the mailbox. At first i thought he might be a previous owner / tenet, but it became clear he was homeless, and probably using the obviously empty house for a physical address.

    Didn't see or hear from him for a few months until last week, when he knocked on the door, and said he was living out of his car, and if it was OK if his debit card got mailed here, and another unemployment check, and I didn't really see a big deal. He's always been polite, and it's always been official mail, and really sparse.

    Are there any legal issues I could run into for letting someone get their mail delivered? Seems like a guy just down on his luck, so I really don't mind shooting him an occasional text. But don't want him to be able to claim residency or something.

    edit: I reached out to him with a few resources, but that it'd be better to get his mail elsewhere. Thanks for the advice.

    submitted by /u/WhiskeyTimer
    [link] [comments]

    Scheduled 50hrs a week but work only record keeps 37.5hrs on paystubs as a salary employee

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 07:19 PM PST

    Hello -

    As a salary employee here in Hawaii. I was scheduled 50hrs a week and worked 5 months before I got furloughed. I hit my year of service and I was curious on if I was able to collect a portion of my 3 weeks of vacation that I was due.

    I was told that you have to work 1000 hours to be able to collect that. I did the math before hand which put me over that at 1092.5hrs. That's taking 2.5 hours off a week for total of 47.5 per week I'm scheduled.

    The director then stated its based on 37.5 hrs per week which would put me at 862.5 hrs. I go to her that I am schedule from work 50hrs (47.5 after lunch) per week and that would put me over with the proper number. She said this is how our company keeps records. I tried asking if it was able to challenge it since that's not the proper hours you requiring us managers to work which went no where. I asked since your only record keeping that many hours then do I only have to work that amount of hours and she stated I still have to work the hours schedule but if I am able to leave early then you can. In the industry I work in, its hard to leave early and usually working more then the scheduled 50hrs a week.

    Is that legal on what they are doing? people told me to bring this to the state labor but i am afraid that its easy to just lay me off due to over half of our management team through complex has been let go.

    thank you

    submitted by /u/poodoodooman
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do about the people blocking the alley behind my apartment?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:55 PM PST

    I live in Tacoma, WA, in an apartment building. Our building has a small parking lot in the back alley that is much closer to our apartment, and it's often hard to find street parking that isn't way down the block if not further, so we always park in the alley. There is a house with a garage across the alley from us, who have no parking lot. They run some kind of business out of this garage and often have a car or truck parked in the alley for a few minutes to load/unload stuff. It's never been a problem until now, but this week they have had at least 3 large cars or trucks parked there in front of our parking lot, taking up the entire alley and blocking it so we can't get to our alley, for hours on end. Every day when we leave or get home we have to either ask someone to move or try to squeeze through a tiny gap that we just barely fit through without bumping their vehicles. We've tried to be polite but they are huffy and rude when we ask them to move and often make us wait several minutes while they "finish up" before moving the vehicles which then also takes several minutes until we can finally leave, by now late. Tonight, I finally had enough since we were doing laundry at a laundromat so would have to leave the house 3 times within a couple hours. I went and told him that the alley was not his personal parking lot and he needed to stop blocking the alley so we could use our parking lot. He said he had specific permission from our landlord to use the alley for "loading and unloading" so he had every right to be there whenever he wanted. He also said there was nothing I could do since he technically left enough room for a car to get through (like I said, a very tight squeeze even for a small car) and to take it up with TPD and if they told him to move then he would.

    What do I do? I can't live like this every day. Now my husband is scared to ask them to move in the future since he thinks they might instigate a fight with him or who knows what, because I yelled at them. Should I call my landlord and tell her they are abusing the "permission" she gave them? I'm sure she didn't think they would be blocking the entire alley for hours and hours when she said that? Should I follow through and call TPD and even if I do, are they going to do anything about it? Is he right that I have nothing I can do and he can just do this whenever he wants forever?

    submitted by /u/eccentricbirdlady
    [link] [comments]

    My gf received a check through the mail, we’re not sure what we should do with it?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:21 PM PST

    So there are a few issues, some concern the law, others concern our relationship.

    First, here's some background. my gf was using a site like eBay to sell jewelry and clothes she did not want. For some reason, they shut her account down after a few days but after a few buyers reached out to her. She then decides to sell the items without the third party buyer. Something broke down with one of the buyers and my gf decided the break off communication. The buyer sent her a check for more then amount of the item and then asked her to her deposit the remaining money in another account. My gf never sent the item. The check appears to be basically a normal piece of paper and the image of a check on the front and back.

    We are certain this thing is a scam. I don't know if my gf is giving all of the information, but assuming she is, should we contact the police or attorney general in our state? I told to check the "check" in case we needed it for any reason later.

    What should do?

    submitted by /u/wemadeit2hope
    [link] [comments]

    Corporation damaged art, created a counterfeit to replace it.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:30 PM PST

    TLDR; company was framing a valuable art piece and destroyed it, then replaced it with a counterfeit with forged signatures and didn't tell customer.

    I was having a valuable art piece professionally framed by a large corporate arts and crafts store. I had initially gotten the frame back, but they used the wrong glass. They were going to switch glass on the frame, which they said would only take 1 day. It took over 5 weeks.

    When I did finally get the piece back I noticed the autographs on the piece were wrong. I compared them to photos I had taken before I had dropped off the print, and confirmed they were counterfeit signatures.

    I called the store manager who said they would investigate the issue. Within 10 minutes, the employee who did the framing emailed me confessing that "an associate had damaged your print", "we weren't trying to fool you", and "we tried to re-create your print". The employee later gave the manager a different excuse saying "they dropped a piece of glass on it putting a hole through it."

    I had spoken with corporate about the matter and they wanted to hear the story from me. They told me their legal team would investigate and get back to me in a few days. Its been over 3 weeks since I've heard from them. I've left messages, texts, emails, and still no reply.

    I was able to get the original back, which is heavily damaged. There is no hole in the print as the employee told the manager. There was all sorts of tape on the back which damaged the print. It looks like they tried to use heat to remove the tape and it melted the gloss finish on the front which is streaking now. The entire print is warped and scratched.

    Its hard to estimate a value on such a rare piece. Only 8 were made and 1 had sold for $3,000. Based on the appreciation of other similar prints, it could soon be worth 5 figures.

    I don't know what to do, and no lawyers seem to be interested since it won't net them much profit.

    Please help!

    EDIT: location Massachusetts

    submitted by /u/Melkor462
    [link] [comments]

    $90,000 of student loan debt in my name that I was strongarmed into by my parents

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:42 PM PST

    So when I first went off to college, my parents were looking into setting up student loans to help with the expenses, as most families do. However, I for many years was kept heavily in the dark in regards to my family's financial situation, and never really had anything substantial explained to me. In fact, the only kind of formal financial education I ever received was a high school level personal finance elective that my parents to this day denounce as a waste of time. I've been questioning the legality of my parents' actions recently as my father apparently opened an IRS account in my sister's name without her knowledge or consent, and withheld the login details of said account for months before handing them over. He did not have the chance to do this with me, but back to student loans, he did have me in a car with just me and him for about 6 hours where he strongarmed me into signing up for tens of thousands of dollars of loans in my own name on mobile wifi, on my laptop, with no other legal or financial advising to speak of available at the time. I am now stuck with decades of student loan debt, a $1000/month loan payment, and quite a bit of anxiety.

    I'm not sure if I've missed any major points with this that might indicate illegality, but I'd be more than happy to elaborate if any further information is needed/wanted. I'd really appreciate some advice on what I might be able to do about this, if anything.

    submitted by /u/Willixir
    [link] [comments]

    First home purchase - terms of deal not met by seller's however

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:30 AM PST

    Hi all,

    My partner and I recently purchased our first home in Toronto. All three of our rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows as exterior walls. In our deal, we ensured "all window coverings" were included as we knew it would cost us a fair bit more to cover the windows ourselves.

    Upon taking possession of the home last week, we found no curtains or blinds. We contacted our agent, and he contacted the sellers agent, and it was agreed that the curtains and rods would be returned to the unit. We are afforded zero privacy in this unit without curtains due to the positioning of surrounding buildings, short of locking ourselves in the washroom.

    Fast forward to yesterday when the seller's agent inquired about the height of our windows. I asked why that info was required as the previous curtains were already fit to the windows in the unit. It was then revealed that the seller's agent (or the seller's themselves) were going to purchase curtains off Amazon and have them sent to us without consulting us.

    My partner and I are now annoyed by, what we feel is sneaky behaviour. We would like the original curtains returned to us, or, if for some reason that isn't possible, we feel it would at least be nice to be able to choose our own curtains. We don't want anything fancy - basic curtains are all we want.

    As of 3pm yesterday they have become non-responsive.

    We are wondering what our next steps should be, if any, as the terms of the deal have not been met however money has been released.

    Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/KierMacEalair
    [link] [comments]

    Next-door neighbor lets his dog shit on our front lawn. Refuses to clean it up.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:22 AM PST

    [IL] My next-door neighbor has a pomeranian dog. He lets it poop on our front lawn every morning. He usually lets a couple of days pass before cleaning up 3 days-worth of poop. In other words, there's usually 1-3 days-worth of dog poop on my front lawn on any given day.

    I politely approached him two months ago to ask him to start cleaning up after his dog immediately after it poops rather than waiting for 3 days to pass to clean it up. He said the reason why he lets it accumulate for 3 days is so that he won't use as many bags and because he is often too tired in the morning to pick it up. (The nerve on this guy). He said he would start picking it immediately after his dog pooped, but he recently started to let it accumulate again.

    Right now there are 8 turds on my front lawn, and I decided to go to the police. I figured since I have video footage of his dog pooping on my lawn, I would be able to get him fined. But the officer who helped me didn't even bother looking at the video before telling me that I had to 'resolve his personal issue on my own.' The officer suggested I contact animal control, but I'm not sure what they would do.

    Does anyone know what I should do next? I feel that I should approach another officer at the police department to see if they could be of service.

    Edit: I do not live in HOA area. Also, the dog owner is a tenant in a duplex building. He is not the homeowner. Can the landlord (homeowner) be held responsible for their tenant's dog poop?

    submitted by /u/mouva09
    [link] [comments]

    [IL] My father's former employer over reported his income and now the irs has billed him 12k for under reporting his income when filing taxes

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 06:49 PM PST

    As the title says the company my father used to work for over reported the amount of imcome he had earned for that year, but the problem was caught and they agreed to file an ammended W2. My father has printouts of emails of the company admitting to the problem and promising to file an ammended W2 to the irs. They did no file that ammended W2 and now the irs has billed my father 12 thousand for under reporting his income. Due to covid I know for a fact he does not have the means to pay this bill and im wondering what would his course of action be now?. Does he contact the irs or at this point does he have to find a capable lawyer?

    submitted by /u/justordinaryspoons
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor installed a security camera that only has a view of my property with audio, anything I can do?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:44 PM PST

    So I live in a trailer park in Michigan. I have a neighbor that I have had little to no interaction with. One time she basically accused me of popping her car tire and just all around has a bad attitude. I was just outside with my dog and notice on her fire exit door she has a new ring doorbell. Seems creepy to me, It lights up pretty much anywhere I go on my lot. None of her lot is visible on the camera. Seems like a invasion of privacy. Anyone has any info on laws about this?

    submitted by /u/dakattack88
    [link] [comments]

    An HOA is threatening a natural easement between my street and their cul-de-sac, how do I fight their advance?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 10:52 AM PST

    TL;DR - An HOA neighboring my street and others is strong arming them and cutting down trees they shouldn't. Where do we begin disputing their actions? Takes place in Michigan, U.S.

    The heart of the issue + Additional context :
    My neighbors and I are deeply concerned that a neighboring condo HOA is violating a past agreement to leave at least a 100 ft natural treeline easement between their streets/cul-de-sac and our streets. Last Wednesday, the HOA had a crew of about 20 men and a BULLDOZER to clear-cut trees and brush which have been present for almost 15 years and exist on land NOT OWNED legally by the HOA. My mother and our neighbor (we live on the same street) were able to halt the clear-cutting, but the HOA is pulling out all stops to try and fight us.

    I want to file a formal petition to the local court, but I am unsure that this is the right first step. My neighbor who was most affected by the tree clearing is entertaining the idea of hiring a lawyer, but we want to voice our collective discontent with the HOA. A member of the HOA board who was elected there around 4-5 years ago made a hair trigger decision to clear these trees without filing an ordinance with the city, without informing the neighboring streets, and without referring to our past agreement (drawn into the revised site plans filed with the city).

    Any advice on how we should proceed?

    submitted by /u/Kind_Guy6
    [link] [comments]

    My Parents Rented to a Deadbeat Chief of Police

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:41 PM PST

    I've never posted before and I'm doing this because my boyfriend thinks doing something will help me worry less about my parents. Any outside perspective would be welcomed but be warned, it's a real doozy of a situation.

    My parents live in Iowa. They recently bought a home to retire in, in a smaller town still in Iowa. The realtor they worked with had an idea to help them out, or so they thought. This "small town" has less than 3 thousand people and my parents bought the house from the town's mayor. The realtor said she knew someone who could rent it out for them until they could sell their current house. My parents have never been landlords and are nervous at the idea but the realtor said this kind of thing is very common and that she'll even draw up the lease agreement for them. The cherry on top is the person she set them up with is the chief of police in this small town. They thought, Great! At least someone will be there to keep it safe, a chief of police - what could go wrong? Welp, I'll tell you. This police officer has lived in my parents' new house for almost 4 months now and has only paid them half of one months rent. They attempted to cash the other half of the rent for the first month he gave them and the check bounced. He's claimed that he's mailed them checks that they've never gotten and a slew of other excuses and lies. My step-father is livid and my mother is scared. My mother googled him and he's apparently some bodybuilder / MMA fighter and she's terrified about pursuing anything against him because she's worried about retaliation from THE CHIEF OF POLICE. The mayor, whom they bought the house from basically writes this man's checks so they know he's gainfully employed and not lying about that much. My parents didn't think they needed references for him, because he's employed by the city.

    Here's the kicker, as if it needs one - the realtor who drafted the lease accidentally wrote this COP as the *landlord* on the document and my parents signed it without reading it. Yes, I know that's terrible. You should always read any legal agreement no matter what and I was disappointed when my mother told me, too. They don't know what that means and neither do I. My folks are going up there this weekend to store some of their Christmas decorations in the garage and have told him that they want him to give them a cashiers check or money order of the amount owed. My parents are the most sweet honest people you'd ever met, almost sickeningly so and my mom is actually scared of her retirement now. What if he doesn't have the check? I have a feeling he won't :(

    Do we hire a lawyer? My parents might not be able to afford one. What other options might we have? Is the lease still valid despite the error?

    TL;DR My parents rented their retirement home to a small town Chief of Police who is screwing them over. Their realtor might be in on it too.

    submitted by /u/mollygski
    [link] [comments]

    My ex-husband is trying to get half of my stimulus money I received for our kids. Is he entitled to it?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    I live in the US. My divorce was finalized in September 2020, we separated in 2018 and have lived apart since then. My ex-husband and I share 50/50 custody of our two children. In our custody agreement we state that we will each claim one child per year. We filed separate taxes (married but separate) in 2018 and 2019.

    He makes too much money to receive stimulus funds. I made too much in 2018 and didn't receive anything the first round. This round they only looked at 2019 and I received money.

    He believes he is entitled to half of my stimulus funds received for the child I claimed (so $300, since I only claimed one child and received $600 for that child). I don't believe he is entitled to any of it because we each claimed one child. If I claimed both kids, then I would think he has a case here. But since he claimed one, he received what he's qualified for, which is nothing because of how much money he makes. Not my fault.

    I also receive child support and we split other child-related expenses 75%-25% (with him paying the higher percent), which he is very angry about and feels is unfair (it's a calculation the courts determined). He also just got married in December 2020, so once they start counting the 2020 income taxes towards stimulus money (assuming there's more coming), his wife won't receive stimulus money if they file jointly, and she has received money both times (they have lived together since we separated). I feel like he's just bitter and trying to take my money, but maybe he's legally entitled to half of it.

    submitted by /u/mamadgaf
    [link] [comments]

    My employer won't acknowledge my dr approved accommodations.. ( Live in CO)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 07:07 PM PST

    Like the title says, my employer won't acknowledge my dr approved workplace accommodations.

    A brief history. I work at a dog daycare/ boarding facility and have Epilepsy. I was diagnosed this year back in April and have had three seizures since then. After the third seizure, I asked to be inside half the day to de-stress and not be in overstimulating areas where the likely hood of lowering my threshold would happen and to manage my headaches, which are a symptom of having Epilepsy. At first, they seemed supportive of this, but that lasted a few days and then it was to go back into the overstimulating areas pretty much all day. I asked to do the front desk more. Considering I am a very senior employee, I know how to do all the duties of the front desk compared to the newbies or people who don't or don't want to. When that ends, I asked to do cleaning or other indoor tasks that are in less stimulating enrolments. Once that began to end, I reached out to the two managers who are more in charge and told them how I felt regarding this and after having to continually complain, they said that corporate HR wants my doctor to fill out their accommodation packet.

    My doctor did and acknowledged that these accommodations are good to have and he even added more that I didn't think to put. He reviewed the job summary provided by my employer too. The day he sent me the filled out packet was the day I sent it to the managers, which was December 29th, 2020. The accommodations are what I had for a short-lived time and in no way, go to a point where the company needs to spend money to cater to me.

    Their excuse at first was they're 'consulting' with corporate HR... The next excuse was they're trying to find a time where the two top managers can talk to me regarding my accommodations. Keep in mind that there are two locations that these two oversee, where each location also has a site manager and 2-3 AGM's and each location has maybe 10 employees at most (including the site manager and AGM's). So either they're buying time to see if I will quit or they're just lazy assholes at this point, I'm not sure. I've also been with this company for 6 years on and off, but have been loyal and hard working.

    I'm not sure where to go from here. I feel like If I confront them, I may be aggressive about it considering how long it's been and the accommodations are approved and from my own doctor. My way of communication has been through email and texting, that way I have a paper trail and not word of mouth.

    I live in the state of Colorado if that helps.

    submitted by /u/AggressiveBit33
    [link] [comments]

    Florida Fence installer charging me an extra $1000 after work was completed

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:09 PM PST

    I hired someone off of a popular neighborhood app to trim some trees and replace a portion of my fence. He sent me this quote via text.

    "Ok I'll resend it. But all together everything shouldn't be more than $1,130. The goal is to final total at around $950.00. That's trimming the trees and hedges. Fence removal and replacement. Cleaning out weeds and stuff along the fence. Hauling and delivering everything. Dump fees. Labor, and cost of new fencing and posts hardware etc."

    He also stated the job would take two 10 hour days.

    The first day on the job, I asked for additional panels around my two garbage cans & for him to dispose of less than 10 stacked pavers as well, and acknowledged I would pay extra for those.

    10 days and a LOT of excuses later, the job is finally done. However, throughout the job he would require more and more $$, and I ended up forking over $1480.

    Today I am hit with a slurry of text and emails of a "final invoice" stating I now owe an additional $980.

    The final invoice reads as follows:

    Product : Panels for new fencing. 582.00
    Product: Post for new Fencing 225.00 Product : Concrete for new fencing 50.00

    Service: Fuel Surcharge 100.00 Service: Equiptment Surcharge 100.00

    Days: Employees Billable 220/hrx4 880.00 Days: Employees Billable 125/hrx5 625.00

    Service Waste removal surcharge. 150.00 Service Fuel surcharge for waste remov. 100.00

    Discount $1830 Discount Amount paid for materials $1480

    Subtotal 2,812.00 Discount. -1,830.00 Already paid -1480.00

    Total 982.00 Amount Paid 0.00 Balance Due $982.00

    I never received an official paper quote, or digital copy. Just the text. He never mentioned labor cost per day, I was under the impression everything was included. (Minus the extra supplies and time for the pavers and additional panels and posts and hardware for the trash can area.) Nothing was ever signed, obviously, as it was all via text.

    What can he legally do to me? Am I required to pay this?

    submitted by /u/ButtTrumpington
    [link] [comments]

    Can my landlord kick me out?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 02:45 PM PST

    So I live in a efficiency and pay $300 a month. I have like 4 more months on my lease but my landlord is trying to kick me out, raise rent, and tell me who I'm aloud and not aloud to have over. They check a couple times a day to see who is coming over and gave me a 5 day correction notice to not allow my gf over anymore. And I'll admit she does come over a lot and spend a lot of nights here she doesn't live here. But now they're saying she isn't aloud here at all, in fact they don't want anyone coming over or they're going to evict me. Is this even legal? Cus nothing in the lease says anything about raising rent or not allowing anyone over. They drive by my house constantly and bitched at me for leaving my windows open, they pull into my backyard to see if any cars are here, sometimes a couple times a day. They want to come and check on the apartment more and more frequently. They even blocked my gfs car in and were screaming at me, saying I'm hiding something cus I put a laundry basket in her car as she was about to leave.

    I don't have the money to move rn in fact I'd be completely fucked and homeless cus I just lost my job, so idk what to do.

    I pay my rent on time and everything they just don't like her being here.

    **wisconsin

    submitted by /u/Throw-away-18367327
    [link] [comments]

    [WA] Husband wants a divorce

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 01:27 PM PST

    I've reached out to some lawyers for an initial consult; but they're slow to respond. So I've come here for some general advice on what to do/not do.

    My husband asked me for a divorce the other day. He also asked me to move out, and if I didn't he would move out with our three boys.

    I'm the breadwinner in our family; he says he want's full custody but he'll give me generous visitation & he doesn't want any money.

    So my questions:

    • Can he really just get full custody? There's no abuse etc.
    • Should I move out? What if he moves out and doesn't let me see the children? We have no custody plan.

    Many thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/divorcethrowaway2232
    [link] [comments]

    A dark market was seized and I just bought something from it the day before it happened. What am I liable for?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 09:34 PM PST

    The facts: - I have never been in legal trouble before - I received nothing I've purchased - I have nothing illegal in my house or at all - what I purchased were some steroids but only enough for me (it was like three things Anavar schedule III, the other two are non-controlled substances) (this is less than a bulk amount in the state of Ohio , and is a misdemeanor of the first degree, up to $1000 fine and up to 180 days in jail) - this would be a first offense - a weed chocolate bar (decriminalized in my state and the amount was well below what you can go to jail for)

    Again I've received nothing, unfortunately due to errors with encryption my address and name were likely exposed.

    What am I looking at here? I know compared to most those guys I'm small fish. But seriously.

    submitted by /u/Hercules1812
    [link] [comments]

    Basically my mom and dad want to fight for custody of their grandson. Looking for legal advice pertaining to child neglect/ child abandonment. Please help!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 07:08 PM PST

    Hi trying to keep this short, but I'm seeking help for my parents thank you for those who help.

    People involved: Mom Dad Brother Sister in law = SIL

    Basically my mom and dad want to fight for custody of their grandson. Looking for legal advice pertaining to child neglect/ child abandonment. Please help!

    Location: Arkansas

    Background: Both parents (Brother & SIL) are shit parents, they BOTH have behavioral/ mental problems that has caused so much pain in our family. Brother has serious behavioral/ anger issues that has gotten him into trouble with the law and has a criminal history and is currently in prison on a 25 year sentence for arson, that has been reduced down to 5 years. SIL is similar, she has her own criminal history and has been incarcerated a few times. She also has her own serious mental health issues that make it hard to deal with both of them. Anyway, they thought it was a great idea to have a child before my brother went to prison. Then not even a year later SIL starts cheating on brother, would leave the baby unattended- said she was going to the store and not come back for up to two days, and this lead my parents to kicking her out of their house and her leaving her son with them. Note, she was never a mother and ignored her son completely while my parents took care of him. Now both brother and SIL are threatening parents for SIL to take her child back after abandoning him. Parents have been taking care of him since October 2020. Worst part is this is not her first abandoned child (#3) .What legal action can they take? Is their a specific type of lawyer we should be looking for?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Outrageous-Eye3194
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment