• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    Legal Advice - Legally declared BRAIN DEAD hours after *simple* Gallbladder surgery. Malpractice suit or what the fuck?? happened? HELP

    Legal Advice - Legally declared BRAIN DEAD hours after *simple* Gallbladder surgery. Malpractice suit or what the fuck?? happened? HELP


    Legally declared BRAIN DEAD hours after *simple* Gallbladder surgery. Malpractice suit or what the fuck?? happened? HELP

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:38 AM PST

    i can not comprehend how I am feeling or put into words but i will try my best to go into full depth of this, but please fucking help me. I am so mumb and lost.

    My mom went in for a simple Gallbladder surgery last week on Friday, Dec 11th. After the surgery, they said she was okay and sent her home. We get home and she goes straight to the couch to sleep, because shes tired and in pain. She did not get up ONCE since she got home after the hospital, stayed on the couch the whole time . She sat up to drink water here and there but she slept most of the time. Not even 5-6 hours after the surgery ( the same day!) She falls of the couch and starts seizing. We call 911, they fucking take their god damn sweet ass time too.. Not even 5 mins in the ambulance, they pull over on the road and do CPR because she coded. They had to do CPR all the way to the hospital (10mins away).

    She gets to the hospital and by then codes 2 more times. they then find out shes been internally bleeding because a fucking clamp fell off an artery or something from the Gallbladder removal.. they were able to stop the bleeding and stabilize her , but she never woke up after the surgery. . Its been 6 days now.

    Her heart started to beat itself friday morning to Saturday. She can not breathe on her own and now ( 5days later) her heart can't beat on its own either. She is currently on the ventilator on life support.

    2 neurologist ran test an EKG/ECG test on her brain. , no waves , nothing, just blank. All her neurological test came back unresponsive. Her eyes are fixed, she doesn't respond to intense pain, to loud noises, no response in her feet( toes moved down but now zero response), no gag or coughing reflexes. just nothing anymore.

    They are declaring her brain dead, with zero chance of recovery , all from a fucking simple gallbladder surgery , within hours the same day. .

    Some one please jsuy help me understand this and like what??? I just need some options and opinions here.

    My mom is gone.... from a simple gallbladder surgery

    Please i am to young to lose my mom. I need my mom . I am so terrified.

    submitted by /u/throwawymalpractice
    [link] [comments]

    I was sexually assaulted in an inpatient facility while under supervision for a suicide attempt.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:07 PM PST

    (Utah)

    As the above title states, I was sexually assaulted while being held in a facility after a suicide attempt.

    The person who carried the act out was another patient, I won't go in to much detail but it included a lot of groping, discusting language, and stalking.

    I informed the staff after the event took place and they told me they couldn't prove the incident happened (even though there were cameras everywhere on the floor we were on that definitely captured what happened) and told me to just go back out and that they'll wait to see if it happens again.

    I did and of course he did repeat the act, and all they told us to do was stay 6 feet away from each other to social distance. They talked to him and told him to not touch the other patients, and that was it. I requested that they move him or me, but would not do either. For the next few days I was locked up in there he kept trying to get me, telling me to come into his room, following me around, staring at me, drawing me things, saying sexually aggressive things to me etc. I lived in complete fear and panic throughout the rest of my stay.

    I kept begging the staff to do something but no one would. Eventually I broke down in front of their psychiatrist and she told me there was nothing she could do except give me the patient advocate line. She was going to keep me there longer, but I begged her to release me so I could get away from this person. She complied and released me.

    I called their advocate line and reported it, and that was it. No follow up, no apology, that was just it. And now they've sent me a bill for my stay and I'm furious. All this place served to do was worsen my mental state and make me more suicidal by retraumatizing me with this experience. I've already been spending hundreds on extra therapy trying to work through what happened, and cannot afford the bill they are presenting to me.

    Do I have any legal backing here to at least make this bill go away? Or am I just screwed?

    submitted by /u/DimStarLight
    [link] [comments]

    My (14m) friend (also 14m) probably has appendicitis but his mom refuses to take him to a hospital or even have an ambulance do it. Could me or my parents face legal repercussions if we snuck him out and checked him in? (PA)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:59 AM PST

    Basically the title. His mom thinks he's being overdramatic and doesn't want to spend money on getting it checked out. All the symptoms match with appendicitis and he's been feeling like this for 3 days but it has progressively gotten worse. How would I go about getting him treatment his mother won't? Can I even do it legally? Are me and my parents protected by Good Samaritan laws?

    submitted by /u/Broccoli_sucks
    [link] [comments]

    URGENT Aunt refuses to pay commission after I sold her house even though she signed an agreement

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    My husband is a realtor here in Toronto, Canada and he recently sold his aunt's house as per her request because she was getting too old and wanted to move into a nursing home. She is 90 years old and possibly has bipolar disorder. Her power of attorney is assigned to her sister.

    Husband was approached to sell her house four months ago. It was old and filled with old crap she hoarded so he paid for a cleaning crew and junk removal, him and aunt agreed that this would come out of his commission. She signed an OREA listing agreement in October, in which husband's commission was listed to be 2.5%, but the house was purchased through a private sale, so husband never had to run it through his brokerage or even list it. He found a buyer, and everything went smoothly.

    Come closing day, when the lawyer asks aunt about how much commission she was going to give him as her real estate agent, she says none. She refused to acknowledge the agreement and the lawyer claims she can't pay my husband because he didn't run the agreement through his brokerage. I don't know what to do! A very large chunk of our income is now gone, adding on the expenses used to prep her house for the sale (which were supposed to come out of the commission) we are in the red.

    How should we approach this? Do we have any grounds with her signed OREA listing agreement or no? Any advice would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Disastrous_Ad_1457
    [link] [comments]

    Coworker threatened to rape me, I'm being told to ignore it, we were both told not to interact anymore at work and not to discuss with anyone else.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:27 PM PST

    **Very very long story short a coworker called when I was out and said they would rape me if I had covid, I tried to brush it off as a "joke" but he reiterated that he would "sexually assault" me and even went as far as to say I'd need to go to the police. He claimed to be on specific pain meds at the beginning of the call for a health issue so I tried to brush it off as a joke while he was under the influence and really didn't know what to do, but it continued to bother me. The more I thought about it the more I realized he had made multiple worrisome comments regarding other situations with sexual assault in his personal life as well as things that in hindsight seemed mildly threatening. Joke or not and regardless of meds it isn't okay to say you're going to rape or sexually assault someone ever, so a few days after I got back to work I reported it hoping we could sit down and discuss that it wasn't okay at all and to hopefully make me feel more comfortable at work.

    I was interrogated with multiple witnesses on a few occasions after making my initial statement, as were a few coworkers that were aware of the situation because I was extremely upset and confided in them. The employer insinuated that it was not okay to discuss this with anyone but my boss during their questioning of me, as well as asking me if the aggressor seemed like the type of person would really assault me. In addition, many of their questions were extremely specific about who I had spoken to at what time and when and where I was throughout the days since, which I admitted to them my answers were not as specific and almost certainly missed details because I was extremely upset and growing more overwhelmed the longer this went on.

    Ultimately the mediation I had requested so that I could have some semblance of peace of mind or an apology because I was hoping he would do the right thing and admit it was a terrible mistake did not happen. Instead nothing was discussed and we were told not to interact in any way at work. We were also both given a few restrictions on where we were allowed to go at work and our interactions with others were both limited.

    Quite frankly the interactions they were limiting more seriously affected my day to day interactions with colleagues than his, because the place I am no longer allowed to go to discuss work projects he rarely sat at or sought information from. They said nothing in that moment about sexual assault not being tolerated or that he shouldn't bother me outside of work, just that there is to be no contact while in the building.

    It feels like they're covering for him while isolating me and I'm really worried about the security of my job for having sought help in this matter. I just want to feel safe and comfortable at work and this ordeal has been really bad for my mental health. In addition, I'm now worried that they made it seem like I somehow did something wrong in the handling of this?

    I love my job and am not trying to harm my employer in any way as it's a family business and the family is truly wonderful, but I'm feeling really hurt by what has happened and I don't know what to do. I'm also worried because my boss made a lot of statements to impress upon me that he didn't seem to believe the guy would hurt me but what if he does? He clearly didn't think about how hurtful it would be to say he would rape me so how am I to trust that it wouldn't get worse even if he can't contact me at work when the original incident happened when I wasn't at work to begin with. I'm outside of Boston, MA. Please help.**

    submitted by /u/Brilliant-Animal-104
    [link] [comments]

    Are they legally obligated to inform me my storage unit has been broken into?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:39 PM PST

    Location is Missouri, USA

    I have a storage unit that was broken into and all of my belongings were stolen. I have no idea when this happened but it could've been as far back as July. They admitted that they knew when it happened because they do daily checks on each unit and saw mine didn't have a lock on it. Another day during a check they said there were homeless people living in the unit. But they are not willing to tell me when it happened.

    My question is are they legally obligated to inform me when the unit was broken into? When the police officer checked for fingerprints, he was unable to find any. He said it was odd since there were definitely people in there (they also left some of their own items lying around) and that it's possible the fingerprints had already evaporated. He said it takes about at least a month for that to happen. Fingerprint evidence would have been very helpful to the investigation but since it's been too long, that only leaves video surveillance as the only evidence. Are they required to turn that over to the police?

    If they had informed me right away I feel like there would have been fingerprints still in the unit and it would have helped my case. Could this be considered obstruction since their lack of action possibly caused the loss of evidence?

    I am a truck driver and this unit contained everything I own outside of the bare necessities in my truck. I do not have my contract because it was in the unit with the rest of my personal items.

    submitted by /u/ANOIF
    [link] [comments]

    Needing advice on reporting non-recent sexual abuse...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:27 PM PST

    I am a 25 year old female who has been processing trauma from sexual abuse as a child. My abuser is an uncle of mine. He is in Ohio and I am in Kentucky.

    The first time it happened, I was 4 years old. The last time it happened, I was between 8-9 years old. I can distinctly count six, maybe seven, separate instances when the abuse happened.

    I hid everything from everyone forever. I suppressed everything and was in denial throughout my middle and high school years. I have since told my spouse, my brother, and my parents just in the past couple years, and a close aunt + uncle just last week. My brother has since opened up to me about his own abuse from the same uncle.

    I've developed anxiety and depression throughout all of this, and am returning to therapy soon. I've reached a point where I'm ready to report him to authorities. I'm also fearful that he has moved on to other victims and is still abusing children.

    Any and all legal and personal advice welcome. This has to stop.

    ETA: This is obviously a throw-away account.

    submitted by /u/No-Sundae4337
    [link] [comments]

    California: my water meter is apparently covering my neighbor’s house too

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Hi all. I'm a renter in California. My house is in a subdivided lot, which has 4 units on one parcel that is managed by the same rental agency. I had a leak in my water feeder from the st, and when we shut down our water at the meter it shut off our neighbor's water too.

    After checking with the city it turns out that one neighbor doesn't have a meter, and I've been paying for their water since I moved in.

    What do I need to do before I talk to my landlord?

    submitted by /u/medic_mace
    [link] [comments]

    Police destroyed my cryptocurrency passkeys and now I can't access my funds

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:45 AM PST

    Location: Minnesota, USA

    Hello

    The situation is somewhat complicated but essentially the local police executed a search warrant at my home. They seized my phone and a number of documents related to my cryptocurrency investments. Following my lawyers advice, I called in to get my property back only to find out that it had been destroyed. Some of the documents destroyed contained the addresses, seeds, and PINs for various cryptocurrency investments. It is impossible to access the funds without the information kept in those documents. The backup copies were seized and destroyed as well.

    What on earth can I possibly do? Is there any realistic avenue to seek compensation? Are they allowed to just do that? I'd greatly appreciate any advice/insight relevant to my situation.

    submitted by /u/Grass_Monster
    [link] [comments]

    Police showed up because my ex said I kidnapped my kids when they should have been with me

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:00 PM PST

    Ontario, Canada

    50/50 shared custody status quo for 7 years. This happened on my time with him.

    So my son had to stay home from school due to public health order (classroom shut down from COVID case). My ex did not believe me and threatened to call the police and say I kidnapped them. She should have received the same information as my self, via email. I thought she was bluffing as I had all right to not send him, I couldn't even if I wanted to. I'm not sure what she said to them but three officers showed up. I felt that was a lot unless it was actually a kidnapping call, does anyone have knowledge why so many would come? I ended up explaining to them the situation and they said "it seems she is misusing the police". They took information and said they will speak to her. I am waiting for the report. Now I am I left wondering if I should be concerned about the out come, or what can protect me from this nonsense in the future. I know I did nothing wrong, I followed the direction that was given, it was my time with the kid. However I do not know exactly what she said to them, I was very nervous when they showed up and it took quite some time to get my head straight. Do I need to worry?

    submitted by /u/somedumbguy84
    [link] [comments]

    Are Divorce Decrees still effective after the death of one party?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:26 AM PST

    My parents divorce decree declared that my dad would pay college tuition. 10 years later I'm out of college, my mom has since passed, and my dad refuses to pay tuition after I was under the assumption that he would be paying. I still don't have the decree in hand to determine if there are any terms about death of one party and how that affects the contract, but I was wondering if the terms of a decree are usually still binding upon death of one party in the state of Oklahoma.

    submitted by /u/localNormanite
    [link] [comments]

    (TX) Child now has camera in bedroom at other parent's house, child distraught, details in post

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:20 PM PST

    Looking for some advice on legality of this, as we cannot get a straight answer from anybody.

    My child (8m) has roughly 50/50 custody with me, and their other parent. At their other parent's home, they share a room with a step-sibling (6f). My son has been distraught for weeks, after their other parent and step-parent told him they would be putting a camera in their bedroom. It has caused him days and weeks of mental anguish at his age, he hates the idea, because he doesn't want anybody looking at his body. For background, he has been punished for trying to use the bathroom at their home to change his clothes, being basically forced to change only in the shared bedroom, while the little girl is allowed to change privately in the bathroom.

    Today, he came to me for a little while before his extended holiday custody period starts at his other parents. As soon as he got in the car, he said they put up the camera in his room, his step-parent showed him the recording of it. He is still not allowed to change anywhere but the bedroom. The camera is at the ceiling, pointing into the room, so he cannot cover it with a shirt or anything. There exists now recording(s) of my son getting undressed and dressed. I have no idea of the retention period of these, where they are stored. My son is so distraught about this, he doesn't understand why he has to be recorded. I told him to change in the bathroom, he said he would be grounded, have everything of his taken from him, and be in trouble for days or weeks if he were to do so.

    As of now, we reached out to local law enforcement to seek guidance, a local domestic violence outreach program (as there is a history of DV between myself and other parent, which has affected the child as he grew up in that household situation), a legal advocate, his school counselor, a play therapist, and even my state's Family Services abuse line to seek out whether this was overplayed in my head or something to worry about. The consensus seems to be that this is a concerning issue, but they cannot do anything.

    Help please, I don't know how to feel about this.

    Edit: Because it was asked, and I should have mentioned it: There is no reason for this, with regards to potential self harm, or harming one another. Upon looking online before calling, I found a code that seemed relevant, stating that it was acceptable if it was a child either:

    A: under 5 years old

    B: has medical needs that require supervision

    Or C: has behavioral health problems that would call for recording and monitoring, like sexually offensive behaviors, physical aggression, or sharing a room with another child who may act in such ways.

    None of these apply at all to my son. He is healthy, has no violent or sexual tendencies, no diagnoses, or anything of the sort.

    submitted by /u/Szandor31
    [link] [comments]

    Delivery man saved my number from his work.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:37 AM PST

    I made a purchase through Best Buy. It was a large appliance that i needed to be delivered. The day of delivery i received a message that delivery had arrived. I went outside and two guys where waiting for me to show them the way to my apartment. these guys were both my age. It was a little awkward because they lingered and looked around while installing the appliance. that night on Snapchat I got 2 friend requests and it was the delivery guys. They messaged me and asked how I was doing but I was so shocked and angry I didn't respond. I realIzed it was them because their story was public and i recognized the faces. One messaged me on WhatsApp and I blocked him.

    While I can block them, the fact that they saved my number is disturbing. Is them saving my phone number illegal since they got it from their work? I kind of want to contact the delivery company and let them know what happened or even Best Buy? It makes me mad that they saved my information but I don't know what all I can do about it. I've also thought about messaging directly but I don't even know what i would say. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/LaScorpio1111
    [link] [comments]

    Living on private land without occupancy permit or "House"

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:50 PM PST

    I own a 10 acre property in a rural area of BC with no local building permits (you just have to submit a site plan and sign-off saying you'll follow BC Building Codes when building structures). The land is raw - has no septic system, just a driveway and a cleared area.

    I want to temporarily live in a RV/Trailer on my property, with a small deck, without a septic system (will make an outhouse or use a composting toilet), bring in my own water (or collect rain) and disperse of grey water using a holding tank and taking it to a campground for disposal when necessary. I just want to do this seasonally as I work contracts all over and just need a place to stay when not at a work site (let's say half of the year at most).

    Is it illegal to 'camp' like this on my property? The property is very private and will cause no complaints as it is not visible from public road. What is the worst case scenario in terms of legality/fines?

    My main concern is that if RV's/Trailers are not allowed by the Regional District but no one complained BUT the regional district office noticed something on my property via recent satellite imagery (I am not sure how often they do this but am guessing it could be annually) would they have grounds to fine me? Might sound overboard, but I have heard about people being "Called-out" by District office's for buildings/structures etc. that were not on their Site-Plan but have shown up in imagery..

    submitted by /u/jacky_topaz
    [link] [comments]

    Ex wife goes crazy

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:05 PM PST

    My ex wife tried to rape and kill her new girlfriend, destroyed her gfs apartment, is now in the hospital. We have a 20 months old son together, is it possible for me to obtain a restraining order so she can't see our son? She has mental illness that needs to be dealt with before I feel our son is safe around her.

    submitted by /u/avezey
    [link] [comments]

    I've just received an email from a lawyer regarding an NDA I signed, what should I do?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:39 PM PST

    A few months back, I took on some freelance writing work from a company that I cannot name. Before the writing began I signed an NDA. Over the course of my time with them I learned that the company was incredibly suspicious. Wanton changes in the work desired, the workload itself, and even some evidence leading me to believe the company itself was completely fraudulent. Needless to say, I terminated my work with them and took down the articles I wrote (with their permission). I was never paid for anything I did.

    Today, I received an email from a man claiming to represent this company, staying that they are seeking to draft a lawsuit for compensatory and punitive damages. Apparently, I had violated my NDA by writing a bad review for the company on their TrustPilot page as I was trying to warn other freelancers. I was told to remove the review in 24 hours or they'd proceed with legal measures. My dad told me to just ignore it since it'd be way more trouble than it's worth to come after me and they're just trying to scare me to remove the review.

    I'm a 19 year old college student who lives in his parents house and it's been several months since I worked with this company. Does this email have any legitimacy? Should I just swallow my pride and take the review down?

    (I live in Rhode Island btw)

    submitted by /u/SurprisinglyThicc
    [link] [comments]

    Can a Debt Collector Keep Calling Because I refuse to Give My SSN and DOB?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:03 PM PST

    First, I apologize if this is better suited for the Off Topic sub. NY.

    I have an old debt from a few years ago when my spouse lost their job and times were tight. It's either just within or just out of SOL now.

    Every few months, the same debt collection company calls about it. Every time, I tell them that they need to send any communication to me via mail and tell them to cease calling. They've also called my employer and I've instructed them I cannot receive those types of calls at work, yet they have called there after that, as well (though less frequently).

    The last time they called a few months ago, and again earlier this week, I got annoyed and told them I've told them enough times to stop calling and send anything in the mail only. Their response both times was that "First we need to confirm who you are" and ask for my DOB and SSN. While I confirm my mailing address, I refuse to give my SSN or DOB to any unplanned inbound caller ever, and I tell them so. They say they can't stop communicating with me unless I confirm my identity with this information. I do suspect it's the correct debt collection agency and not a scammer.

    I'm only slightly familiar with the FDCPA, but I believe there are prohibitions against harassment and calling a place of employment when told they cannot do so. I'm not familiar with anything in the FDCPA or elsewhere that requires me to give personally identifying information in order for them to comply with these requests. What if it wasn't actually me and they were calling the wrong number? (I've had this happen in the past getting a ton of calls for the previous owner of my phone).

    Can someone please confirm whether they're allowed to keep calling when told not to? Also, do I have to provide sensitive personal information for them to honor the request to stop calling? Does my request to stop calling HAVE to be in writing?

    The person I spoke with earlier this week seems to have taken it as a personal challenge and now I'm receiving calls daily. I'm at the point of thinking I need to start looking into suing them for each phone call as a violation of the FDCPA.

    TIA

    submitted by /u/dismynewanon
    [link] [comments]

    My third floor neighbor is throwing used dirty water and chemicals off her third story balcony onto my first floor gated patio.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:39 PM PST

    The title pretty much explains the gist of it but I'll give some specific details. She has been asked in person twice to stop, than stopped answering her door twice after that. Management was contacted with a specific complaint December 3rd. No reply. 8 days ago she did it again and my boyfriend attempted to talk to her. She sent her BF down to try to fight mine, however her BF ended up trying to be civil, and he said he would talk to her. During their talk she e came down and threatened to kick my ass and mess with my property. He got her to go upstairs. Situation ended that day with boyfriends promise to get it to stop. Yesterday she dumped more stuff down while I was outside. We called the cops on them and also reported the bodily harm threat to me from the previous week as well so an official report was made. The police told us to continue with complaining to management. Also told me to get video proof and than maybe they could do something. This morning she dumped buckets and buckets of water and cleaning chemicals on her balcony spraying everywhere onto my patio. My furniture, front door etc are soaked. I called management again and they said they are on their second notice to these people and they are looking into us moving units. I said I would consider it because at this point I just feel unsafe. The girl in this couple is out in control and I feel unsafe even using my balcony. I also have a young child so I tried so hard to keep this amicable but it is past that. What can I do regarding the management and the police to get this handled? It is like pulling teeth with management and even the police. This girl will I'm sure eventually try to fight me I don't really have room to sit and wait for these slow steps which I have already taken. I don't think I should have to move, but if I do they damn well better evict these people as well and follow through. Any advice?

    Location is Colorado.

    submitted by /u/kaitydidit
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbors dogs got loose and bit my dogs while on a walk (what should I do?)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Currently at the vet to make sure its nothing serious, but she does have a puncture wound on her mouth. I know where my neighbors live but don't know how to approach them about this from a legal stand point. I didn't even notice my dog had a wound till we got home and was more focused on my neighbor getting their two loose dogs under control while one of them kept coming after two of my dogs

    I definitely want them to pay for this emergency vet bill thats for sure. Also if it helps, I do live in a neighborhood that has as HOA.

    submitted by /u/Pressure_Rhapsody
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to sleep in our unit

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:45 PM PST

    Hi all —

    My boyfriend and I moved into our first apartment in late August/early September [in Ontario, Canada]. We have a radiator pipe near our bed that goes off in the night making ridiculously loud noises (banging, clanging, and shaking). The noise from the pipe goes off intermittently throughout the night and disrupts our sleep (I would say we get about 3-4 hours of sleep per night). My boyfriend and I have made copious complaints (with video evidence) to the property's management with little-to-no action being made on their end towards the issue. They wrapped the pipe (with foam and this paper-like seal. This did nothing to reduce the noise whatsoever). They found the source of the noise, but will not regulate it (the noise is caused by tenants above us turning their radiator on and off during the night). We have asked to transfer units with no success (we have to wait 6 months before we can officially request to transfer). I feel like we are being pacified until our lease is up. To be honest, I cannot justify paying for a place that I can barely sleep in! Quick note: we had stayed out of the apartment for a couple weeks in late October because we could not put up with the noise — I needed to sleep to work!

    I don't know what to do. Could someone please advise?

    Also, we live in a studio apartment, even if we were to move the bed around we would still hear the pipe very clearly! And yes, we've tried earplugs, white noise, everything!

    submitted by /u/International_Pain87
    [link] [comments]

    Friend got arrested and I have his car

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:04 PM PST

    My friend got arrested for a felony and his car is parked in front of my house, he lied to me and said that he was going somewhere else and needed his car in front of my house for a week while he visits family, and he ended up getting arrested. Police are looking for his car for evidence and i am in no way affiliated with any crime ever, what do I do about his car? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/deferisawesome
    [link] [comments]

    Unwarranted eviction and sale of my assets.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:32 PM PST

    (Australia) My landlord changed the locks on my yard 2 weeks ago and has declared they will sell my assets tomorrow as an auction. There was no warning of the eviction, and for sale signs were erected on the property the next day. Landlords cannot evict tenants to my understanding and by the confirmation of QSBC due to a Covid regulation.

    Prior to this, we were to attend a dispute resolution with a mediator to address the loss of income the landlord has cost me due to not sticking to an agreement to make the yard operable. They have failed to do so for over a year, and have cost me substantially.

    I had proceeded to dispute resolution (QSBC) and she did not attend, as such the matter was referred to QCAT, where I had to submit a form 41 and form 4. However QCAT is closed as of today at 4pm until 4th of January and their phone lines are already unavailable.

    So I cannot submit a cease and desist and I cannot get QCAT to enforce an order by tomorrow so I am wondering my options.

    I can provide more details attaining to the relationship of the landlord and I if applicable, as there was bullying and harassment but my main issue is the stopping of the auction so I may proceed with the QCAT application at a later date.

    submitted by /u/TanngrisnirAU
    [link] [comments]

    Try to get rid of baggage. Did I just screw myself?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:12 PM PST

    I (M23) want to first say that I know I have made very many mistakes through this entire thing. I was young, dumb and I am still really embarrassed about this entire thing. This a lot but if anyone is willing to read it all and offer advice I would be forever grateful.

    Growing up I never really had a great home life but I was fortunate enough to be granted a partial scholarship at a school 2 hours from home. The unfortunate part was that I had to work 30-35 hours a week to pay for the rest of school and to live.

    When I was in high school (16) there was a guy I met that ran a car dealership and used teenagers to transport vehicles because we were cheap labor. I was not an idiot like most of the people driving his cars so he would ask me to help him more often.

    Over time we ended up forming a bond because our stories were actually very similar. He is an immigrant from a wealthy middle eastern family and came over for college but loved the states and decided to stay. Unfortunately, he was cut off from the wealth because they did not approve of him being in the states and dating western women and what not. He still decided to stay and start a life in his own.

    He had things together more then I did and he has a heart of gold so he would look out for me and I would be loyal to him and help him out.

    Fast forward I (M20) am in my Junior year of College he reaches out to me and says that he has now started a roadside assistance business. He wanted me to help with administrative tasks, hiring, firing, billing, sometimes taking calls and sometimes doing the service. I was always trying to make an extra dollar so I accepted.

    It worked for awhile but it became so much more then I could handle. I was having a tough time managing everything and was planning to cut off the engagement when my 20 year old car died. This was absolutely devastating to me.

    Now I definitely can no longer help him as I needed a vehicle frequently. Luckily my other jobs were on campus within walking distance so I figured I would just have to cut things tight for a few months to save up for a new car.

    THIS IS WHERE I START TO MAKE VERY DUMB DECISIONS

    I have already written a book to explain the background so I am going to try to speed things up here. Again, I feel embarrassed even writing this so please try to understand my situation.

    I told him things are too much and that my car blew up and that I would have to step back. He was begging me to stay but also was concerned for my situation. As a solution, he told me to buy a car and he would make the payments, and then scale back my hours to cover the car payments.

    This was perfect for me. The problem ended up being that I wanted to buy something cheap with a cheap car payment and he wanted me to get something more expensive so he could get more hours and so I would arrive to service in a nice vehicles.

    He sold me on a dream and I was convinced to buy something I could not afford with promise to pay. He created fake pay stubs to get me a nice vehicle. It worked okay for like 5 months until this person had to be overseas for 6 months dealing with sick family. The business made no money with no one running it. Payments stopped. My long time girlfriend broke my heart. I had a reaction to mold and almost died, moved houses. Deep depression.

    I basically shut everything out. I stopped answering their calls, I was already in a new address (same neighborhood), I was just waiting for them to take the car but they never did...

    After I had the car for about 15 months it was repossessed. I found out later that it had a court summons that kept getting sent back because they couldn't find me to serve me the papers.

    The last activity of that was an "Simmons Issued (Service Event)" & "Writ/Summons/pleading- Electronic Service Summons" from December 2019 but since he was making payments, the last real contact I had with the credit was back in the first months of when I bought the car in Feb 2018.

    I had been avoiding this for a long time but I am doing better so earlier this year in April I sent them a letter explaining my situation/embarrassment and asked if we can arrange a way to work things out. They had a lawyer call me and basically told me that I need to pay the difference of the loan in full (~9000) or they would do a payment plan on the loan amount and legal fees/other fees of (~14000). I told him I just couldn't do that and I pleaded that in reality they really only lost a few grand. He basically told me tough luck, think about it and to call him back when I am ready to choose one of those options.

    Last week I was speaking with my step mother about credit and she said that you should dispute everything and that there is no reason not too. Her reasoning was that If they don't respond in 30 days it is taken off and they can't really do anything just because you dispute. The worst that would happen is it stays.

    Well... I just received an email that I did not win the dispute and they removed remarks from my credit. I checked the state (Maryland) case search and they just requested a renewal of summons 🤦🏼‍♂️

    I just want this to go away but I also don't want to get screwed. Should I keep ducking things? Should I hire a lawyer? What should I look for in a lawyer for something like this? Should I contact the creditor direct? Was disputing the claim a bad idea? Why am I such an idiot?

    submitted by /u/throwawaytodaground
    [link] [comments]

    (OR) Judgement in my favor against debt collection agency in small claims case-what now?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:58 PM PST

    A few months ago I was served papers and taken to small claims court by a debt collection agency for about $6,000 of medical debt - making me the defendant. I responded to my notices in the required amount of time and went through the mediation process where we were unable to settle on a payment arrangement. The small claim proceed to a trial/appearance with a judge (by phone) where the plaintiff (the debt collection agency) failed to appear. The judge entered a ruling in my favor-provided the plaintiff/s are not granted a motion to reschedule due to having a legitimate reason for missing the appearance.

    What are my next steps? My main questions are: -Do I still owe that debt to the collection agency, or is it absolved due to the ruling in my favor? -If it IS absolved, should it come off my credit report? It's been reported as a negative activity due to the account being in collections.

    -Will my legal fees (*edit-I am referring to the court and filing fees) be reimbursed by the plaintiff? How does this happen?

    Thanks in advance for any support or guidance towards other resources. I feel like this is a very atypical situation and may be too good to be true.....

    submitted by /u/lilyb123321
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment