• Breaking News

    Friday, December 11, 2020

    Legal Advice - Can my employer refuse/ write me up for going to the bathroom?

    Legal Advice - Can my employer refuse/ write me up for going to the bathroom?


    Can my employer refuse/ write me up for going to the bathroom?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:44 AM PST

    I feel like I'm in elementary school all over, being told by the teacher I'd better just hold it and not make a mess......

    I started working from home for a national organization that contracts workers out to companies for customer service. I like it a lot, especially since it provides me the security of not having to leave home during a pandemic. For the most part I like the job, the only problem I have it they don't expect us to be human or have bodily functions. You are not allowed, for any reason, to leave your computer and go to the bathroom. They do provide medical exceptions, but that's absolutely it.

    We were originally told in training if you had to go, clock out really quickly, go, and come back. The first time I did that (I was gone for 3 min), I got told to never do that. We get one 10 min break during our shift and you should go on that- you know, because our bodies work on command like that. God help you if you get tummy bubbles and hour after your break.

    My break comes 45 min into my shift, so I'm stuck for the rest of my shift having to hold it if I need to go. I do have some stomach problems, but I'm in the middle of getting a diagnosis and am waiting on the procedures I need to get done. This isn't something I abuse and in the 74 days I've been with them, I've only had to clock out and go to the bathroom 3 times. I was back within a 6 min time frame and get right back to work.

    Yesterday I was emailed by my boss and scolded again as well as told there would be repercussions if I did it again. I'm already looking for another job, but I'm the meantime, I want to know if this is legal. Or if there is anything I can do.I was reading some stuff on OSHA but I wasn't sure what it meant in terms of employee bathroom enforcement when working from home.

    I'm in GA. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Flowergirlthrowaway2
    [link] [comments]

    [Massachusetts] Employer Refusing to not Use Sick Time While I'm on a State Order to Stay Home; Threatening to Terminate if Put in Extended Quarantine Even if Negative

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:03 AM PST

    As the title says, my employer is withholding paying me. If they are going to they said they'd use my sick time. They are also going to not retroactively give back that sick time if I come up negative.

    This all stems from my partner, whose showing symptoms and was ordered testing. I was as well. Both of us were told to stay home until further notice. This was yesterday.

    Last night my boss called me, demanding a note from the testing facility. Being aware of this possibility, I asked for such a note and was given a number for employers to call. Well, he didn't like that because they refused to actually give a note, because they straight up don't have time to give one out to every employer that asks. Instead the employer calls that number, they confirm the test visit and instructions with a robot, and move on.

    He told me to call the state hot line and demand a note, an hour after the line closed. So I called the er (of the hospital that did the test) and had the charge nurse call him. She reiterated that they don't have time for his shit and he's already had confirmation, now with her and their automatic number.

    Today, he once again had me call the hot line. This time he said I was to go to work or else if they didn't give him a note. So, I called the hot line, without him so he couldn't lie. I told them the situation and they had a supervisor come on and put in a call to the state health department. I put him in the conference call and let them go at it with him. For nearly an hour he argued with them that he needed that note, that their word was not going to cut it. He only relented on me not going to work after the woman from the health department asked for the address to where I worked and made it extremely clear that they were going to see him today.

    After all that, after they all hung up, he stated that I would be using my sick time and that if it's negative that I was not getting it back. To add on, during this entire debacle, he was told multiple times that a negative does not mean I leave quarantine right away. He is threatening to either terminate me if I don't go to work if it's a negative, even with a state order to stay home, or not pay me after my sick time runs or both. Again, also refusing to return it after any possible order is lifted.

    What is my recourse here? I know for a damn fact he can't do anything he is saying and yet I believe he will.

    Also, sorry if this is a little long winded and dense. I feel like shit (hence the test!) and it's making it hard to really properly articulate.

    Edit: Update, test came back negative, but I'm still being ordered home for 14 days as I'm showing symptoms.

    Edit 2: Quick update, between the last update and now I was able to get in touch with someone in hr (this was unreasonably hard) and through her, the state hot line, the state health department, and an er doctor. My boss has been taken out of the picture and I'm dealing directly with upper management. Who suddenly now give a shit about me. I'm still not sure I'll be paid, no one has told me what is going on there. However, I am at least good on keeping my job.

    submitted by /u/Applecocaine
    [link] [comments]

    Leased a car and a month later dealership is calling me to return the car

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:06 PM PST

    My mother leased a car(I cosigned for her on the car). About a month later I get a call from the dealership saying that they need the car back and we weren't approved for the lease. We signed a bunch of paperwork, made the down payment and have made a monthly payment already. They say we need to bring the car back and redo the deal for a purchase instead of a lease.

    Edit: They said we need to return the car because financing wasn't approved. The deal was done on a Sunday. I don't know why they would take our money, and let us leave with the car. If it was within a day or two I understand, but a month doesn't make sense.

    How could they let us walk out of there with the vehicle? Is this legal? Do we have to return the car? This sounds like the sales person trying to strong arm a car sale out of us. Any help or insight provided is truly appreciated.

    Miami, FL

    submitted by /u/wesleyshynes
    [link] [comments]

    [Indiana] Can someone be held past the age of 18 by a non-profit Christian camp?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:53 PM PST

    Alright preemptively if this violates rule 4 please delete. This is a situation that while not currently happening may happen soon so if that portion of it does indeed violate the rules then I understand.

    To be as discretionary and keep my friends privacy as possible I shall be referring to them as "Alex" and refrain from as much identifying information as possible. The gist of this situation is that my friend is being sent to a christian camp esc place of which they will in a few months turn 18. They have asked me to when they do turn 18 to go there and pick them up as they would be going there against their will. If I arrive there and they refuse to allow me to see them, or take them home do they have any legal standing. I have proof in writing of them requesting me to pick them up, a picture of their ID as proof they are indeed 18.

    Should I be concerned about them being able to keep them there, or will I legally be in the clear?

    submitted by /u/ThrowawayWBCH2
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbors and fences

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:36 PM PST

    We have inherited a pain in the butt problem and I don't know what we can do about it. Hope this is the right place.

    Before we owned this house our neighbor behind our house planted bushes directly on the property line. They have since grown considerably and are 5'- 8' onto our property in some spots. We want to put up a privacy fence because we have dogs and kids and all that jazz.

    He is dead set that we cannot touch those bushes and has gone as far as having a lawyer send us a cease and desist.

    What are the steps we can take to put up a fence and not lose a few hundred square foot of yard? We're in Ohio

    submitted by /u/Coneofshame518
    [link] [comments]

    Management is asking me to change employee reviews to reduce raises

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 11:10 AM PST

    I am a manager over a couple employees, we're in the construction industry, a pretty good sized corporation. We've always known that raises are based off of the multiple levels of manager reviews. I fairly reviewed my employees a couple months ago. I got a call today from my manager stating that they had reopened the reviews and that they need me to go back in and give only a certain number on the numbering scale for my employees that they are reducing the raises they have to give. I told my manager I was not comfortable doing that and that I was going to take a stand and push back against that request. My manager told me that he understands and supports me taking the stance that I am. My manager informed me that he was very surprised by the request as well.

    What is going on here? Is that legal? Are they not asking me to falsify an employee review? Or would it not be falsifying the record if the original manager made the change. I assume it would definitely be falsifying a record if someone went in and changed what I had already submitted. Is that why they're asking me to do it? What should I do?

    EDIT: Somehow my company doesn't have control over raises outside of title and reviews. I'm not sure why it's required to be such a strict process. I always thought employers had choice with all of that but I've heard this before with these sized construction companies. I'm not sure if it's union related or not (none of us are union).

    submitted by /u/throwitaway792735
    [link] [comments]

    (FL) Baker act question/issue

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:29 PM PST

    My niece (16) allegedly attempted suicde while at school, (Thursday) and the police were called, and she was taken to a mental health hospital. Yesterday, a nurse called and indicated that niece had been diagnosed with PTSD and was wanting to stay for 5 days. Now we were finally able to talk with her tonight and she stated that she 1) never said she wanted to stay past the 72 hours, 2) has not been seen/evaluated by a doctor yet. From my understanding of the baker act, she should have been evaluated within 12 hours of her intake, and that has not happened and it is been over 24 hours. Right now the immediate question is: does the mental health center have to follow these guidelines, and are the guidelines 'set in stone' in that they have to be followed exactly as they are written?

    submitted by /u/jnelsoninjax
    [link] [comments]

    HOA attorney charging $100 letter prep fee for account statement [US-TN]

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:14 AM PST

    Edit: Thank you all for your replies! Feeling a little better now. The situation sucks but I learnt a valuable lesson and will remember to always ask about fees before requesting any service from a legal office.

    Original Post:

    In Tennessee, USA. Working on refinancing my mortgage. Underwriter requested for an HOA account statement. My HOA doesn't provide account statements and directs requests for balance inquiries etc. to their attorney. I called the guy earlier this week on the phone number mentioned in the HOA's annual invoice and asked for an account statement. He asked me to email him with some info (name, address, lot number). He DID NOT mention that there's any fee for this. Never having dealt with a lawyer, I didn't think to ask either. I sent him an email with the info explaining I need an account statement for mortgage refinance and wrote that an electronic copy should be good enough.

    Today I get an email from him with no text body and just a PDF attachment. The PDF has boilerplate language, says the annual assessment for my property has been paid, and some legalese about HOA's fees/late fee policy, and at the bottom:

    Letter Preparation Fee: $100.00

    PLEASE SEND SEPARATE CHECKS FOR DUES BALANCES AND THE LETTER FEE!

    Is this standard practice? It surely doesn't feel so and I'm wary of even reaching back out to protest this sneak attack or ask him to waive it in good faith lest he charge me more for his time or some other shit like that. Do I have any options or am I out a hundred bucks? Please help!


    [link] [comments]

    I’m the other woman and being blackmailed

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:49 PM PST

    TENNESSEE

    Before you throw flames at me I was told he was separated, and I'm done talking to him.

    The wife KEEPS attempting to contact me via his email, her email, social media, and even a google voice account. All to say not to talk to him anymore. I haven't even reached out to him in over a week, I got another message from her today. She's found all our exchanges (personal emails, nudes, texts) and has threatened to release them if I reached out to him.

    This final message pissed me off and I texted him (knowing she'd see it) to have her stop harassing me, we're over and what she's doing is illegal. He and I work at the same institution, but different departments (don't worry I'm looking for employment elsewhere).

    Please keep the hate and flames I'm already shattered over this entire situation. Do I have any recourse besides not speaking to him? What if she really did leak my nudes?

    submitted by /u/Nothingbuthurt
    [link] [comments]

    Death Certificate Mistake

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 03:41 PM PST

    So I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have a question.

    My SO recently passed away, while he was on a solo trip in another state. The family received his death certificate this week, and the address listed is the correct city/state, but completely incorrect. It's an address that does exist- I looked it up, and it's across town, and no where near either of us have ever been (relatively new to the area).

    Does anyone have any idea why the death certificate would list something so absurdly incorrect? It's not even the name of a street that he has ever lived on, let alone recently. This all happened so far away from me, and because we weren't legally tied together I'm hearing every big decision or any notification secondhand.

    submitted by /u/potentiallyunknown
    [link] [comments]

    TX How to get legal guardianship of my mom so she can live

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:57 PM PST

    This story is pretty wild but stay with me. My mother is a disabled cancer patient. She is in the hospital due to a fall and is unable to get around on her own without some assistance and is unable to drive herself anywhere. My sisters that we'll call (A) and (L) live with my parents. My father and (L) are disabled veterans with their own mental and physical problems. A is a high functioning but disabled person.

    (A) had been telling me that she was suspecting (L) of taking (A) and my mom's pain medication as well as making claims of emotional abuse as well as theft of both of their drivers license. I had helped (A) make a police report regarding the issue and there is now an open investigation against my father and (L) on possible (but very likely) charges of narcotic theft and identity theft. My mother had even made these claims to me herself about (L) being abusive and taking her meds away from her but she is reluctant and too unwell to make a report.

    My father and (L) are not providing myself or my other sibling (I) any information regarding our mothers care and even took us off of the contact list at the hospital our mother is staying. So now we are mostly left in the dark with only (A) being able to tell us bits of information and my mother calling from time to time. (A) had recently told me that (L) had been tampering with our mom's medication which very likely led to the fall that occurred. My father is of no help and is just as emotionally and verbally abusive as (L) towards our mom and even comments that despite our mothers wishes, he WILL put her in either hospice or a nursing home facility despite (I) being able to transport our mom and give her the care she needs in another country.

    My question is if I have a solid enough case to start and go about removing my father as power of attorney and becoming my mother's legal guardian until (I) is able to enter the country and transport my mother and get her the love and care she needs. (A), (I) and myself don't want our mom to be sent away and will do all that we legally can to get her in a better and healthier place away from the toxicity and abuse.

    submitted by /u/AnnaEd64
    [link] [comments]

    How do I retrieve medical records that I am now unaware of?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:47 PM PST

    TN-I am looking into applying for disability. I have Bipolar Disorder along with a few other mental illnesses and health issues that have proven to hinder my ability to hold a job. I have been in and out of the hospital and doctor's office since I was 11 years old (22 now) so I don't even know where to start looking for them, as I simply cannot remember all the times and places where I was hospitalized and treated. Thanks in advance!

    *edit* The title was poorly worded, I apologize for that.

    submitted by /u/Kitty91998
    [link] [comments]

    Wisdom teeth removal

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:15 PM PST

    I got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. I get put to sleep, and I wake up after about 45 minutes. I was fighting during the sedation. They decided to pull out the remaining two teeth under local anesthetic instead of putting me back to sleep. I could feel everything. Now it's worth noting that I consider myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance. They restrained my wrist and a nurse was holding my head down and another was holding my feet down. I kept asking why I was awake and I couldn't understand. I kept saying it was hurting me as they were pulling my other teeth out. It was the worst pain I've ever experienced. I was screaming and crying. The nurses tried to explain what was happening but it was while I was in excruciating pain. Nobody took a second to stop and explain what was going on. A second oral surgeon was in there at one point. People kept going in and out. I currently have a rash on my wrist from trying to get out of the restraints. I would love if anyone in the dentistry field could answer but really any advice or opinions would be appreciated. 1. Why didn't they put me back to sleep? I was clearly in pain and crying and screaming. I figured that if I was fighting them under sedation they would just give me a higher dose. Please inform me 2. Why could I feel everything as they were pulling my teeth? At first, I thought maybe I was just in a state of shock from waking up during surgery and maybe it didn't hurt that bad. But the more I think about it, the more I KNOW I was in true excruciating pain. An important thing to note here is that my family has a history of not reacting well to novacane. Could that be why mine hurt? no idea if novacane is what was used in my surgery 3. Am I incorrect (morally or legally speaking) in thinking that the dentist should have made sure the local anesthetic was working? He kept reassuring me that it was just pressure and not pain, not stopping once. I understand he had a job to do but I'm truly traumatized from the experience. Maybe there's something I'm missing (actually it's very likely that there's something I'm missing) so any help/advice would be helpful. 4. Has anyone else had an even remotely similar experience By the way,I literally made an account just for this. Even after the surgery, I got very little explanation. The surgeon didn't even speak to me. Nobody addressed my pain. Nobody addressed why a second oral surgeon had to step in or why people were running in and out of the room. I was told the surgery would be about 30 minutes and it ended up being about 2 hours. Which would be totally fine if I was given a better explanation of why. Please help. Do I have a case? Should I schedule a consultation?

    submitted by /u/heyjude09
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove a property from an HOA?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:14 PM PST

    Located in Arkansas. I need advice on removing my property from an HOA. My property is a home on 4 acres in a city. It backs up to a neighborhood with an HOA and my property is within the boundary line of that neighborhood. My property does not utilize the roads or amenities of the HOA neighborhood. The HOA neighborhood is full of .25 acre properties that are very uncharacteristic of my property. To access my property I never enter the HOA neighborhood. I want to de-annex from the HOA. My property does not belong in that neighborhood. Who do I contact and what do I do? Thanks for the advice.

    submitted by /u/NoStatistician7988
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord asked me to deposit rent into a different account after I had deposited into the old account early.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:06 AM PST

    I rent a house from a private landlord who moved out of state for work and rented out her house.

    The lease states that rent should be paid by depositing into her bank account. It doesn't specify the number, just says "Landlord will provide account number directly to tenant for deposit." She gave me a voided check and every month I just take the check into the bank and write a check with her on the TO line and the number from her check on the memo. It has worked fine for several years.

    There is another thing in the lease that has specifically come up here: the lease says "Rent is due on the first of every month. A grace period will apply until the 4th of the month. If rent is not received between the 1st and 4th of the month, landlord may enact a late fee" etc.

    In late November I had a hospitalized family member out of town, so I decided to deposit the rent early just in case I had to go out of town on short notice. I went to the bank and did everything normally on the 22nd of November.

    On November 27th, my landlord emailed me asking me to deposit rent to a new bank account. I let her know I had already deposited it into the old one and she was upset and said I am supposed to wait until the 1st. I explained the situation. She said she "no longer has access" to that account and that I need to deposit it to the correct account. She implied that the account had been closed or something, so I thought perhaps the bank could help.

    I went to the bank and spoke with them. They told me that the account is still open and they have not impeded her access to the bank in any way. However the manager made a comment that "I can see why she wanted you to put the money in a different account." She then spoke privately with the teller I had been talking to, and I caught bits and pieces. It sounds like she wrote a large bad check that sent her account balance very negative. So the bank manager was guessing that since the account balance is very negative, she wanted the money to go into a different account at another bank so she could get the money, rather than having it chip away at her super negative balance. However I don't know that in an official capacity, I just overheard them guessing.

    In any case, they said they get the money back from the account. That their policy only allows for reversing this type of transaction in a clear case of clerical error, such as if the teller typed the number wrong or the name did not match the owner of the account. They said since this wasn't clerical error but rather an account owner issue, they would need permission from the account owner to reverse the transaction, but the manager then said that's actually not an option anyway because it would basically be a cash withdrawal and cash withdrawals can't be made "due to the current state of the account" (makes sense if her account balance is negative). They said if my check to her account hadn't already cleared we might've been able to do more but at this point I'm SOL.

    I informed the landlord simply that the bank says they can't reverse the transaction because I'm not the account owner, so she would need to contact them directly and I will deposit into the new account next month. That was not enough for her and she is putting the blame squarely on me, saying that I deposited rent too early. She is saying that because the lease mentions "between the 1st and 4th of the month" then I am legally obligated to have not paid until the 1st - but that statement in the lease specifically talks about a late fee, I never interpreted it to mean I'm not ALLOWED to pay before the 1st of the month and I have done so many times without incident.

    Trying to figure out what to do now. The landlord is threatening to start eviction proceedings saying she can do so because my nonpayment is not due to COVID, if I don't deposit additional rent into the new account by Monday. She says if I want my other money back it's between me and that bank.

    Looking for general advice re the landlord and re the bank.. one kinda depends on the other I guess. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/endthedreadtheend
    [link] [comments]

    Dads estate being foreclosed. He died ten years ago.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 06:11 PM PST

    I was 16 when my dad passed away. His house was empty before that. The bank / mortgage company sent me a letter saying it's being sold at auction in February.

    I don't have much money, but is there any way I could get my dads house in my name before being sold at auction? I'm not even sure if this is the right sub for this. All I know is this letter along with his death anniversary really is hitting me hard and I have no guidance or clue what to do.

    Edit - I'm in Massachusetts

    submitted by /u/akittyunderthestars
    [link] [comments]

    My father died on Nov 28 and his roommate stole all his stuff. What can I do?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:41 PM PST

    I've never posted, but I thought maybe I can get some help here. My dad died of covid on the above date and a lady he lived with just assumed all his belongings are now hers and has taken them without consent. My dad was paying off a work van that he had filled with tools and has a storage unit that was full of more tools and other things(I haven't seen inside it). I was told I could put his unit under my name when I have his death certificate and my birth certificate. Should be getting that in 2-3 days. Same for his car and phone. In the meantime, though, this lady has been emptying his unit and taking all his stuff. I saw her leaving once after I walked out of the office. She was driving my dad's car and it seemed like she had a big box in the back(dark tints, but it was daylight). I think I will have to file a lawsuit, but I'm really broke and am not sure of how to go about it much either. Also, the storage place has cameras in front of the elevator and in it. And outside the main door so there is footage of her taking his things out and putting them in the car. I just don't have access and want to ask for it for this. This situation is really stressful and she doesn't want to cooperate. What should I do? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/zantetsuken51
    [link] [comments]

    Verifying my deaf mom through Tangerine bank (Canadian)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:51 PM PST

    Hi Reddit!

    I hope this post isn't too long. My mom's deaf, and doesn't pay for a landline service. I'm 20 and so I live with her

    Tangerine Bank has locked her account almost a year ago (I don't even think she was mistyping the password) and I've tried calling to simply unlock it. It's an online bank, with no branches, with just a few locations to get very basic things done. Each time, I wasn't "authorized to verify the account" even with all the account details they can ask me, ready to offer it to them. This is understood because other banks are similar

    Here's the options they give me:

    1. Use a TTY and call through Bell Relay Service
    2. Get my mom to speak the answers into the phone
    3. Use live chat
    4. Set up power of attorney with a lawyer

    1A: We have a TTY but no home phone service which is needed. It doesn't make sense to pay a $50 installation charge, a $52 monthly fee, plus a possible contract termination fee.

    My brother and I have tried using the iPhone TTY feature to call with no success. When we dial Bell Relay, the connection drops after a minute of idle. I've contacted Bell Relay through phone and i've contacted Apple for solutions and both representatives were clueless. I've called the city and they had no tty's to offer.

    2A: This actually had me aggravated. My mom is DEAF, deaf people are often very hard to understand when they speak. Especially because my mom's English isn't that good. They hear her say her name (first of many questions) and they say nope nevermind - yeah duh! It's actually offended me, and i'm very rarely offended

    3A. I've been on the Tangerine website hundreds of times, and live chat is ALWAYS unavailable, all throughout business hours. Why do they have it listed as a contact option? Not sure

    4A. To pay $500-$1000 in lawyer fees to set up PoA solely for Tangerine will NOT happen. We've never had to set up PoA for anything, and i've heard it somehow negatively impacts my mom to have someone power of attorney for her.

    Other things I'm considering now:

    - Sending an escalated complaint to Tangerine - I swear i've done this before with no response

    - Finding places with TTY's, which are hopefully still open with covid. The airport might have a TTY

    - Finding someone who still has their home phone and bringing over our tty. I'll need to figure out how to use it, and most home phones these days are internet based so i'll need to hope the tty would work that way.

    I say i've done this almost a year ago because i've been so frustrated that I gave up. Yesterday, my mom showed me a February credit card statement with interest charges accrued and I realized I had to do something. Her credit's probably been damaged, and she needs to apply for a mortgage with me at some point soon. All I need to do is find out the balance, pay the balance and close the account. I learned my lesson that a deaf person should NEVER bank with someone who doesn't have branches. We've never had an issue with TD Bank

    I post all this because I want to know if I any kind of legal leg up against Tangerine. Can they get in trouble for not offering a solution for us? Is this disability discrimination? What are my chances at removing this whole situation from my mom's credit bureaus?

    Thank you in advance to all you who reply!

    submitted by /u/mAshedp0tatoes
    [link] [comments]

    Do the children or spouse of a deceased partial owner of a property have any legal control or rights to his ownership share?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 05:34 PM PST

    My Grandfather passed away some years ago and left his land(in South Carolina) to his 3 children. One of the 3 has since passed away with no will. The land is still in my grandfathers name but the remaining 2 have agreed to sign over all control to me in exchange for paying back taxes and future taxes until they both pass and it will be left to me. Does the one third share of the property that belonged to the deceased sibling pass to his spouse or children? Do they also have to sign off or can they kick me off the property or interfere in any way now or in the future?

    submitted by /u/Tapatar
    [link] [comments]

    Repair man charges me a large bill without confirming work beforehand that I wouldn't have had him do. What are my options?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:11 PM PST

    I moved into a house 6 months ago, in Virginia, where I have a home warranty. Over the summer, I used my home warranty on my heat pump / ac, and the person they sent basically told me that they have no idea how to work on the system I have because it's "the Tesla of heat pumps".

    Recently the heat pump started making a different sound, and I thought I'd pay $100 to have the people who installed it check it out. They came while I was taking my kid to school. When I get back to the house 25 min later and approach the person working on the system, he tells me that the HVAC system has a major leak, and that he's put 8 lbs (!!) of freon into my system. 8 lbs is $400 worth of freon.

    I'm a bit miffed because none of these charges were checked with my wife or myself. He just did it. If I had been asked if he can put 8 lbs of freon into my system, I'd have said no, paid him the agreed upon $100 for diagnosing the system, and then called my home warranty company. Instead he wants $1200 to replace the leaky coil (part is under warranty), and if I refuse installation, he wants $500 for the diagnosis, and freon.

    What are my options at this point?

    submitted by /u/spierce7
    [link] [comments]

    My company said they mailed my paycheck but I still haven't received it

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:19 PM PST

    I am from Michigan for state information. I've been working this job since the end of October and when we started we gave our direct deposit information. Our first check was brought to the location by our boss. The next check was supposed to be direct deposit but only one of the 5 employees got it that way. I received mine in the mail about 2 or 3 days after though one of my coworkers didn't receive his.

    This next payday I went to check my account and it hadn't been deposited. I called HR and was told that they had mailed it(I'm still not sure why when they have had our direct deposit info for about a month). It has now been a week and a day since when they told me they sent it out. Other employees at my site also said they were told the same thing and they also still haven't received it. The employee who never got his first check just quit because he hasn't gotten either of them.

    I called HR today and was told basically it's completely out of their hands and it's the post offices fault. I'm starting to get very suspicious since their office is in the same state as me and I've never had a letter take this long. I'm running out of money and I dont even know if ill be able to get gas to work the shifts I'm scheduled.

    Is there anything I can do or anyone I should talk to? I asked the post office and basically got a shrug in response and everyone in the company just tells me to talk to someone else. I really enjoy this job and don't want to stop working there but I dont want to be taken advantage of. Any help or information would be very appreciated.

    submitted by /u/diardiar
    [link] [comments]

    Age of consent law question

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:46 PM PST

    Hey y'all so I just recently got my self in a situation that I need a little bit of help with... So I am 19 years old and this girl I have been talking over the 3 months is 17 years old and soon to 18 years old and she is also a sex worker and we both are in the state of Texas as well. Just to give you some background info...

    So we just recently got into argument and she says if I don't give her x amount of money by this is end of the date she said she will take me court and she says I can end up facing jail time because of her age.

    Sorry for rambling just a little bit worried

    EDIT: https://imgur.com/a/xjywu0r

    For you guys to read

    submitted by /u/Wolverine-Existing
    [link] [comments]

    My gfs ex wants to take the dog.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:07 PM PST

    So my gf bought a dog when she was with her ex. Time passed they broke up he moved out. She works nights and he still wanted to see the dog so she let him watch the dog when she was working. We met. We started dating. She now wants him out of the picture. He is threatening her with going to court and taking the dog. I've been assured many times she has paid for the dog and all expenses related to the dog without his help. Does he have any claim to the dog? Edit This is CT usa

    submitted by /u/throwaway63678433
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment