• Breaking News

    Monday, December 21, 2020

    Legal Advice - Can I call the cops/DHS on my sister if she drops her kids off at my house without permission?

    Legal Advice - Can I call the cops/DHS on my sister if she drops her kids off at my house without permission?


    Can I call the cops/DHS on my sister if she drops her kids off at my house without permission?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 02:14 PM PST

    My sister and her husband are two of the most entitled people I've ever met. They have 5 kids between the two and throw them on my 50 year old mother almost every day, unpaid. Her husband held a gun on my mom when she wouldn't watch the kids (long story and needs more context but that's basically the gist). My mom is at her wits end. She has been raising my sister's kids for the last 10 years and she's tired, and leaving.

    Here's the thing, now my mom is leaving, I know how they are, and they will find some way to start drama with me, demanding I watch there kids because they think everyone owes them something. She did this to me a lot before I turned 18, and I wouldn't put it past them to start doing it when they lose my mom.

    Can I call the cops or DHS if she does?

    Also to add for anyone who may think I'm over the top for wanting to call DHS - they are horrible parents anyways. This wouldn't be the first, second, third or even fourth time they'd been reported. I do believe it is absolutely justifiable.

    Edit: the cops have already been involved with the gun situation. DHS has been out 4 times now and do nothing every time because, as far as they're concerned, as long as my parents are around the kids are safe.

    Edit again: DHS is our equivalent of CPS. When I say DHS I mean Department of Human Services, not Homeland Security lmao

    submitted by /u/Philosophy-Standard
    [link] [comments]

    (California) Manager was taking his time to layoff. While still employed I contracted Covid. When I informed manager, hoping to utilize covid pay, he told me I was laid off 2 days before a positive result but was never told about it.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Primary Questions:

    1.Do I need to be informed of being laid off?

    1. Is there anything to pursue?

    A quick rundown of the situation. I work overnight with my last shift starting Dec 8th. I was starting a 4 day at home vacation (Dec 9-12), when my region went into a stay at home order. The new manager wanted to stay open with legal workarounds. I did not like this and asked to not return to work during the order. The manager understood and said I would get all my forms figured out soon. On Dec 16th, I had symptoms begin. On the 18th, I was tested. My positive results returning the 19th, late at night. I know my job is offering covid pay so I texted my manager early the 20th informing him of my results. This is the first time I had any contact with a supervisor since the last time. He replies in the message, "have you been reached out to? We will have your check for you on Monday. We did layoffs on Friday." I informed him I had not and asked if that will include covid pay. He said, "I'll have to ask HR as layoffs took place before the results." I asked him to inform HR I wasn't told about being laid off or signed anything.

    If any more information is needed please ask

    submitted by /u/TheLionGateKey
    [link] [comments]

    Hunters intentionally shot friends dogs (NC)

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 03:36 PM PST

    So a good friend of mine has several dogs which they absolutely love. Their property borders is next to some land that my friends neighbor rents out to hunters on a seasonal bases. These hunters came by a few days back the hunters approached my friend and told them that my friends dogs barking was disturbing their hunting, and that if my friend did not take care of it they would.

    My friend brushed it off because the dogs never life my friends property. Now it turns out that yesterday the dogs had been shot. 1 is dead and 3 others were injured, now my friend did not see them shoot the dogs but there isn't really any other people it could have been. So my question is, what options does my friend have?

    submitted by /u/baconxmann
    [link] [comments]

    Update: Sold some ammunition. Got in trouble.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 02:32 PM PST

    Original post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/kdg2ad/sold_some_ammunition_got_in_trouble/

    Yesterday, I was paid a visit.

    Long story short, my lawyer said there's not much we can do because the DOJ isn't fighnting the background check part. They're fighting the whole selling ammunition and not having a vendor license (In California you are only allowed to sell 500rds/month, even if selling an extra hundred means you can feed your family for the month, but that's neither here or there). The issue they have is they don't know how many I've 'sold' because there's no record of me selling any. For all they know I "could of sold 5000 rounds this way"

    They decided to come to my house on a sunday evening when they figured I'd be home (Joke's on them, I'm unemployed due to covid, I'm always home), and serve a warrant. They took all my ammunition and my firearms. Basically after the 5 officers were done taking the 72 rounds of ammo I had, some suit walked in and said I could forfeit these (and not purchase or sell) any firearms or ammunition for 5 years and pay "up to" $1000 fine or I could take them to court. But at the discretion of my lawyer, it'll actually be easier for me to just give them up, not have to plea anything, and get new firearms in 5 years (which I probably won't anyways).

    The bonus? The kid also gave up his firearm. (It was actually his mom who was an agent, dad was just anti-gun).

    Anyways, legally the matter is considered closed. If I was employed, I'd probably fight them in a court just on principal alone, but alas I need that money to keep my ailing mother and my kids fed.

    submitted by /u/FalselyTruthful
    [link] [comments]

    Stabbing after someone hit my car

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 03:50 AM PST

    I was stabbed in the face after a man hit my car door with his car door twice im a row. (We were parked next to eachother)

    I get out to ask him if everything is okay, amd we meet at my trunk, Before I uttered a word he slashes my face all the way down from above my temple down to my chin, slicing my nerves, tendons and muscles, leaving me with permanent paralysis of my face and disfigurement.

    My question is:

    Is there an auto injury claim, because If he never hit my car in the first place, I wouldn't have gotten out to see if everything was okay.

    This happened January first of this year and I've been living in hell ever since.

    Im not trying to get rich, but I also can't accept that there's not a case here, since I'll be wearing this face, even after I'm 6 feet under.

    Buffalo Ny at 2:30 am .

    submitted by /u/ScarChief62
    [link] [comments]

    Music was added to a Major playlist, song blew up...now distributor withholding mechanical royalties for “fraud” streams?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 09:54 AM PST

    I distribute some New Age/relaxation music through an independent distributor. The distributor got the songs onto Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube Music etc.

    Two of my songs were added to Major front-page Apple Music playlists, curated by Apple themselves (not third party).

    The songs promptly blew up, gaining thousands of streams a day. My streaming activity went up 1,000,000% in a day.

    There are now thousands of dollars in streaming revenue that the distributor is refusing to pay out. They are claiming the streams are "fraud" and they need "proof of streams." After I asked to be paid, they "suspended my account pending investigation of streaming fraud."

    When I asked them about this, they said the streaming spike activity indicates someone "bought" streams, which I never did. (Paid streams mess up algorithms so it's bad practice anyways).

    It makes sense that the numbers would spike significantly when added to a major Apple official playlist, and when I sent screenshots/links etc documenting this activity, my distributor wrote back simply claiming that "it doesn't explain the streaming activity."

    I am extremely upset because we worked very hard on this music, hit a jackpot with Apple Music's Official Editorial team, and now our distributor is claiming fraud and they are going to take our royalties away.

    To make matters worse, the songs have been added more places and featured even more this week on Apple, so this amount may soon be in the tens of thousands of dollars in mechanical royalties that they are simply refusing to pay us.

    The distribution company was founded in USA but is now based in the UK. Would I be able to file small claims with this setup?

    I have tried going back and forth with support who keep feigning ignorance to their "accounts team."

    And now that the amount may be creeping closer to out of "small claims" category, is there anything I can do beyond that?

    submitted by /u/ImpressiveHamster69
    [link] [comments]

    (Cape Girardeau, MO) Landlord says we have to share parking, lease says we get 2 spots

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 06:39 AM PST

    I love in a four-unit building managed by a fairly amicable company. We signed a lease in June and moved in in July. The parking lot is small—there are only 7 spaces, but part of the reason we signed this lease was because we got two designated parking spots, since there's hardly any room on this street to park. The language in the lease says word for word "you will have two designated parking spots." This hasn't been an issue until now. The woman downstairs has moved her boyfriend in and it's been a constant battle to get his friends not to park in our parking spaces. The spots were even marked with our apartment number. I'm assuming they called and asked about it, because they just recently repainted the spots with fresh paint and now instead of "3" marked on one spot, it's marked "1/3." We called the property company and asked what was up. They said it's always been "shared" even though this re-label on the spot is new and our lease specifically designated us two spots. They've told us we now can share another spot with a third unit in the building but that if either unit asks us to move our vehicles we have to oblige.

    Is this technically a breach of the lease since we are designated two spots in the lease or is this a legal work around since our number is still technically on one of the spots? Can we ask for a small concession on our rent for this? I'm just lost as to what to do because I don't want to walk a block every time I bring home groceries because we were told we got two spots. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/writingtheides
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend sent me patient X-rays to explain surgery that she’s learning. I think that she needs to be much more careful about this as it seems like it could get her in trouble. Is my concern unfounded?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 06:20 AM PST

    The title basically explains it all.

    Location is Arizona.

    No names were visible on the X-rays.

    submitted by /u/Notaracist88
    [link] [comments]

    Emergency. Just had a crazy emergency. How do I get custody of my kids to keep them safe? KY

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 06:45 PM PST

    Some backstory. Please help me. This just happened.

    I am a single father (28M) to two young boys (8 and 7). This is in Kentucky.

    The boy's mother got addicted to heroin when they were younger and only visits very rarely. Their grandmother (mom side) got emergency custody of the boys when their mother left and has had it ever since as far as I know.

    I have whatever custody I come with by default. I have never been to court. I wasn't around the first two years they were born because I was an immature ass hole, but for the past six years, I have stepped up to the plate. I have them most of the time. Her mother has had the child support cancelled because I have them most of the time. I have worked my ass of to raise these boys. I have never done drugs, I have no criminal record, I own a car, have a good job, and have a furnished two bedroom apartment with beds, plenty of food, toys etc. etc.

    Their grandmother's other child has three young children and has lost custody of these kids. Social services asked the grandmother to take in these three children. So now they have grandmother, three young children, and two other adult friends all living in this two bedroom trailer.

    My kids were visiting/spending time with this grandmother tonight while I got some alone time. I got a phone from the grandmother a little bit ago that one of the other kids had beat the $#1& out of my child. She said the police were there.

    I sped over immediately. From what I was told. The boys were fighting over silly string and the boys grandmother kept telling them to stop. (she is disabled and can't move very well so these other three kids walk all over her). It escalated and the oldest other kid grabbed a steak knife out of the sink. My kids have told me he does this often. He started chasing everyone around trying to stab/cut them with this steak knife. Grandmother finally got the knife away from him, and he freaked out. He proceeded to push my child down and beat him up very badly. He has marks on his stomach and on his face. He then kicked my other child in the private parts and attacked him as well. Grandma called the police. The police acted more as a precense to scare the kids and said have a good night. I arrived after police left and took my kids home.

    I had the kids retell me the story on video, I took pictures of injuries. (Although my 7 year old has scrapes close to his private area that I obviously didn't capture.) What the heck do I do? She has been telling me she is going to go down and sign her custody over to me for some time, but I've been starting to think she's hanging this over my head to manipulate us. I don't know a lot about this. I have just been trying to work hard and be a good dad. I have never pushed the custody because I have them most of the time and she lives 10 minutes away and watches the kids while I work for free.

    Ever since she's got these other three kids, I have learned more and more. She is taking pain pills for disabilities, and she has all these people living in this small trailer. Social services has been around for the other three kids, but from what I understand, they are not supposed to be with their mother and she has been letting their mother still take them. Tonight is the last straw. Who do I call in the morning? Am I legally allowed to just keep my kids from her? She is supposed to watch them tomorrow evening so I can work, but I obviously don't want them going back over there after tonight. But, am I legally allowed to just keep them? I've never signed away any custody and I should have whatever I come with by default right? It's time to fix this. Who do I call???

    submitted by /u/MrFrogBog
    [link] [comments]

    [New Jersey] Health violation? My landlord wont get the septic professionally repaired. How do I handle this?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 05:13 PM PST

    I (23, M) live with my girlfriend on a small property, our plumbing backs up once a month (sinks/shower wont drain, toilet wont flush) nothing has overflown onto the floor yet. we call the landlord, he comes and opens the septic and fixes it.

    Our contract states the landlord will take care of all repairs.

    We moved here 4 months ago, every month since towards the end of the month, almost on schedule, we have had this issue.

    It is very inconvenient and the landlord blames us, the one day he opened it and half a corn on the cob floated up, we havent had corn on the cob here yet. He claims this has never happened to previous tenants.

    He suggested we take shorter showers and do not flush the toilet as much, he suggested i go pee outside or in the sink.

    The last few times he took hoses and his own electric pump and pumped the septic into the marsh/woods next to our house, we live near a river.

    Is this a health violation? Im young, I dont really know how to handle this. Do I tell him if its not permanently fixed, we will leave?

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/AustinBoston_14
    [link] [comments]

    Parent is trying to claim me on her tax forms but I don’t even live with her

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 11:13 AM PST

    So for context she was extremely abusive growing up so by the time I turned 18 I moved out. I moved somewhere safe and told her I was living somewhere safe and didn't tell her where so she wouldn't try an have a whole meltdown. Anyways fast forward last year she kept telling me she's getting a lawyer since I'm not letting her claim me on her taxes. I don't know much about it but I know I wasn't in any trouble with the law. This year she's threatening to call the irs since I don't want to give her any information about my taxes ( keep in mind she's most likely just trying to find out where I live) my question is . Am I doing something wrong legally? Or is she lying to me?also she lied to the irs lady and said she paid for my college (she didn't) I don't know why she's trying to call the irs for either.I live in the US

    submitted by /u/sneakysodathief
    [link] [comments]

    Sold my car, new owner failed to register it in his name, I just received a $1000 bill since the car was towed.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 09:14 PM PST

    EDIT: I'm in California. Specifically Santa Barbara County

    Sold my car last month but I got a bill in the mail from the tow truck company for $1k in fees and a notice from my county's police department that the car had been towed. The notice from the PD had both my name and the new owners name on it, yet the bill was only in my name. I completed the bill of sale, and submitted the release of reliability online right after the car was sold.

    To my understanding, the new owner must not have registered it as his with the DMV? I'm not really sure why I recieved the notice and the bill since I submitted all neccessary documents. The new owner is not responding to my messages. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/idekanything
    [link] [comments]

    [Ohio] Landlord claims their lease differs from mine

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 08:40 AM PST

    My landlord provides a $150 utility allowance for every month. If the total costs of utilities exceed $150, all residents in the house split the cost of the overages.

    My copy of the lease, signed by both of us, says the limit is $200. Landlord told us the utilities for the past month exceeded $150, but not $200.

    I have an email sent by the landlord with the lease attached, from before I moved in. In the lease attached, the utility allowance also say $200.

    They are threatening me with eviction me to pay for the overages. They said the email is fake and my lease is faked. They claim their copy of the lease says $150.

    Can they evict me for something I don't legally owe? Whose side would a judge take? The landlord or the tenant?

    submitted by /u/cpt_andu
    [link] [comments]

    I got my US citizenship through naturalization. Did I automatically forfeit my other citizenship?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:01 PM PST

    I recently got my US citizenship through naturalization. I don't want dual citizenship. Did I automatically forfeit my non-US citizenship through naturalization process or I will need to renounce my non-US citizenship separately? My current non-US passport is expiring in Apr 2022 if that info helps. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/mkmanu
    [link] [comments]

    My mother has alzheimer's. My sister has assumed durable power of attorney and filed a living will without consulting me.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 02:02 PM PST

    Jacksonville, FL here. My mother was diagnosed with alzheimer's about a year ago. My sister set up a living will and assumed durable power of attorney and made me secondary. She's also assumed control of all of my mother's finances. The attorney she filed with refuses to speak with me unless my mother or sister are present. I've tried to get one of them to accompany me to meet him, but my mother is deteriorating quickly, and my sister always stalls on me. The secrecy makes me uneasy. My sister has a complicated history, and I'm afraid she may be mismanaging my mother's finances for her own gain. How can I gain more transparency regarding my mother's care, and how do I get more information on this attorney my sister has employed? I'm lower class, and I don't have the means to hire an attorney of my own. And, I would much rather it not come to that if it's avoidable. I just want to know my mother is being taken care of. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Lunchbox212
    [link] [comments]

    Legally is a receptionist at a doctors appointment allowed to discuss anything with their spouse patient related?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 09:52 AM PST

    I'm in KY and I've been taking my kids to the same doctor for 5 years but recently my sons stepmom got a job as a receptionist there. She's been texting my ex about our sons files all day and a few months ago she told him that my nephew tested positive for Covid even though we weren't around him so it wasn't her place to tell. If she keeps up with all of my kids(not just her stepson) and my nephew I'm sure she does it with other people too so is this legal? If not who do I contact? We really like the doctor and I'm fine with my sons dad knowing about our son but not my other kids and my sister isn't ok with him knowing all of her sons medical history.

    Sorry for the way it all looks, I'm on mobile. Edit; I meant doctors office in title

    submitted by /u/ButtonSquare4131
    [link] [comments]

    I've been plagiarized.. now what? (NY)

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 12:30 PM PST

    (Location is NY)

    I wrote a blog post on my website several months ago, and it was also published as a an article on a different site. Both posts are under my name. Today, I woke up to an email from a complete stranger giving me a heads up that an article in a major paper had lifted a substantial amount from my article. Website traffic confirms that both articles saw a huge spike in hits just before the article in the paper was published. I am not attributed in any way in the article in the paper, nor did they contact me.

    What the hell do I do?

    ETA: I've already emailed their Standards editor, no reply yet. Do I go public? Should I get a lawyer?

    submitted by /u/thplagme
    [link] [comments]

    I believe I'm the biological father of a 12-year old and was never told. Paternity process & realistic expectations in Arizona?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 06:15 PM PST

    A one-night stand type of situation. After doing some digging on social media, and paying for a biological facial recognition match I'm near 100% certain the child is mine. The mother and I are actually friends on social media and based on her other posts I'm guessing she just had the mindset of "if it's meant to be he will notice". The problem is she was married and I thought her husband was the father until she had two more kids that look nothing like the first. After digging the child was about 4 when they started dating.
    From my understanding, she's not legally required to tell me and it's on me to take the steps to prove it. I haven't asked her yet as I wanted to know what the process is for requesting a paternity test and what I am legally entitled to expect once proven I am her real father. They are about 1.5 hours from me and obviously, I want to do whatever is in the best interest of my kid but I absolutely want to be involved in her life. Also wanted to know what type of therapy a judge would support/require in this situation.
    Appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/Life-Hacking
    [link] [comments]

    My trust cannot be passed to my children

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 04:30 PM PST

    Hi everyone. I was given a trust agreement today signed by my grandma to go into effect upon her eventual death.

    There is a section that states that the trust can be passed to my descendant(s) upon my death. It defines descendant as a legitimate child by blood. It specifies for adoption that, "An adopted person is included as a descendant if: (A) One of his/her adopting was a descendant (me) and (B) his adopted parents were (i) married at the time of the adoption and (ii) the marriage was between one man and one woman."

    I am gay and my grandmother knows this. I have been in a committed relationship for a few years now, and I have told her many times that we have discussed and agreed upon an eventual marriage - sometime within the next few years. She has met him and I thought everything went well -- I know she has strong religious convictions, but I did not expect them to go this far.

    I want to have children eventually. I am not sure if that would be via surrogate or adoption, but either would exclude them from any assets still held in this trust. Is there a way around this part? It specifically states that the trust cannot be altered, amended, or revoked unless a provision within the trust is unenforceable.

    This is in Texas. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/GreenPartyhat
    [link] [comments]

    Mortgage with ex wife who filed bankruptcy

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 03:39 PM PST

    Sorry if i dont use proper acronyms but this is my first time posting and I could really use some advice. The Ex-wife and I have a mortgage on a home with roughly $120,00 owed. She was awarded the home during the divorce however I am currently still residing at the home. My Ex has stated that she was okay with me removing her off of the mortgage and deed. I was going to do the quit claims deed, refinance, and then modify the divorce decree. I proceeded with a quit claims deed but unfortunately we had to put a stop to this because she just told me that she filed for bankruptcy and added the house to it. I am the primary on the mortgage and used a VA loan to get it.

    I was wondering if there was still an option to remove her off the mortgage before the bankruptcy is finalized and put the mortgage debt solely on me? I understand we would need to refinance to remove her but what else do I have to do to make sure the bank doesn't take my home. TIA

    submitted by /u/miafoo
    [link] [comments]

    [Ohio] Unstable Man Squatting Next Door Stalking Me and Prolonging Eviction Process Criminal and Housing Laws

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 05:59 AM PST

    This is a long, complicated situation, and involves both housing and criminal law in Ohio. Back in July 2020, an unstable homeless man started squatting on my grandmother's rental property next door to me, despite the posted "no trespassing" sign, while he was waiting for his rental application to process with my family. The property manager told him multiple times to leave as he was trespassing, but the more that he was told to leave, the more living room furniture he collected and added to the front yard. While there, he proceeded to urinate and defecate in the yard, harass and stalk other renters including myself, violate the local sound ordinance stealing electricity from one of the neighbors blasting a radio all hours of the night, and more.

    The property manager declined his rental application for various reasons (including multiple recent evictions for non-payment of rent), and at the time he had 3 active warrants for his arrest. Local police and Sheriffs Department were called multiple times, but they claimed that he was harmless and were not able to arrest him for misdemeanors due to the pandemic. Then, he manipulated the elderly woman next door into allowing him to move into her rental property with her. Once inside, he violated the terms of her lease in numerous ways including releasing a stray cat onto the property, lighting the property on fire twice, placing a "for sale" sign on the front of the rental unit, breaking into and entering other rental units, inviting a number of other homeless people into the unit to use utilities (the landlord pays the water bill), continuing to stalk and harass other tenants, and more.

    This led to my grandmother having to file an eviction of both of the individuals back in August 2020, and myself to file a protection order against him as he began to stalk me daily and has made a number of aggressive threats that lead me to believe he intends to harm myself and my unborn child. He has also killed two of the neighbors' cats via poisoning, and he is physically and verbally abusing the elderly woman he has manipulated into allowing him to move in with her. I have contacted adult protective services and the local police department on this matter 4 times, but the woman refuses to press charges and lies about what he is doing to her even though it often spills out into the community property for all to see and hear.

    This man has been delaying the eviction process using the pandemic as his excuse for not being able to find housing, and while we have already attended 3 hearings on the matter and he didn't even show up for trial and the eviction was granted in early December, somehow he was able to still reverse the process and now we have to start all over again with the eviction hearing in January. In addition, he knows my due date and has told the housing court that he can not vacate the premises until that date. This is terrifying because he has been stalking me for months and now he is making it clear that he intends to be here for my baby to be born. Thankfully, I was granted the protection order which helps, but he keeps testing the limits of violating it and getting away with it as the police will not arrest him due to the pandemic.

    In addition, he has racked up a 4th warrant for his arrest since August, and one of the warrants that he already has is for violating a restraining order as he has done this to other people in the past. My grandmother's attorney has all of this information as well as access to the numerous police reports and calls for service and fire reports on the matter, but he is not doing anything with that information, and for some reason the housing court sees this man as the victim in this situation. Meanwhile, my grandmother is on the verge of bankruptcy due to all of the costs associated with what is going on here as she has not been able to collect rent since August, he has damaged the property badly, and he keeps racking up higher and higher utility bills knowing that she has to pay for it. She plans to sue for damages after the eviction goes through, but there is no telling when that will finally happen.

    What else can we do to get the eviction to go through on this man before my baby is born? He clearly needs mental help, and while we are empathetic to his situation he is very unstable and dangerous to all involved, yet the housing court keeps granting him more and more allowances. I am so afraid that he is going to end up killing my elderly neighbor, myself, my baby, and/or harming one of my relatives. I can't afford to move away right now and it stinks that I even have to consider that because this is my family's land and he is an aggressive intruder. I understand that Ohio squatters rights and housing laws tend to favor the "renter" no matter what, and that it's even worse due to the pandemic, but surely there must be something that can be done to get justice in this situation. Please, if you have any advice or ideas, please help. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/motorgurl86
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a home with a garage apartment without a permanent heat source.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 09:28 AM PST

    Posted this on the landlord subreddit and after viewing the replies I believe this subreddit is better for my question. First, the property is a single family home with a detached second floor garage apartment that is currently being rented out on a month to month lease. Neither the current owner of the home or tenant has a copy. We are currently under contract on the home to buy it. This is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The garage apartment does not have a permanent heat source. Currently they use a space heater. After viewing the property, it does not look like a permanent heat source was ever installed, but can be fairly easily. From everything I've read a landlord must provide several things including heat. Is this illegal?

    submitted by /u/mateo173
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbors have 8ft of my property fenced in their yard.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 07:59 AM PST

    So the title pretty much says it all. I have recently found out that the neighbors behind our house have 8ft of our property in fenced in their yard. This is a good bit! We found this out because we are trying to build a shed/workshop in the backyard for our cars and more space. We talked to them and a surveyor and we were told that we can't do anything about it since their fence has been up for 40 years. I also need to mention that this house is abandoned and has been for a very long time. We have issues with stray cats, raccoons, armadillos that destroy my garden, insects and mice that are coming into our yard since they have all made this abandoned property their home. What can we do to get our 8ft back?

    submitted by /u/spottieottie93
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment