• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    Legal Advice - Can a bar give you alcohol under the impression it is free then force you to pay for it.

    Legal Advice - Can a bar give you alcohol under the impression it is free then force you to pay for it.


    Can a bar give you alcohol under the impression it is free then force you to pay for it.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:33 PM PST

    This is in Lousiana I was walking downtown with a friend when a woman outside of a bar holding what looked like a tray of free alcohol samples and asked me if I wanted one. I said sure I took it, then drank it. She then said I owed her $20. It very clearly looked like the bar was trying to give the impression of free shots to lure people in, but instead giving people shots of fireball that cost $2 at most under the impression it is free, then after they take it saying they owe them 10x the amount. I refused to pay and she was acting like she was going to get her bouncer to try to convince me before my friend just offered to pay it. Is that legal? It seems so messed up, it's like if someone at a supermarket was handing out free samples then saying you owe them 10x the product amount.

    submitted by /u/sandorclegane2020
    [link] [comments]

    My doctor’s office revealed STD testing and prescription (PreP) information to my parent. I am not a minor. (GA, USA)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Last week 12/2 I went in to my doctors office to ask about PreP being an option for me. I am a gay 18 year old male and thought this would help me be safe. Most importantly, I wanted this to be kept between my doctor and I because my family is unaware of my sexuality, this was not explicitly stated, rather i assumed it was implied by what they asked me to do in the next sentence. Anyways, my doctor had me start the blood work and I was told before going to the lab where they took my blood to specifically write down my "phone number and whether or not we can leave a detailed voicemail" on the sheet which included the details of my visit. (This sheet is handed to the nurse/worker at the checkout desk when you leave). After they had taken my blood I went to the checkout desk and asked the lady specifically where I should write down my phone number on the sheet. She told me to cross out the phone number that was on there and to write down the one I wanted. That is exactly what I did, I also wrote down "Detailed ✅" to indicate they could leave a detailed message regarding my results if I do not pick up. When I handed the paper to the lady she said she would update it and that was the end of my visit.

    Today I had a conversation with my mom about how she received a call regarding my doctors visit, and from what I understand from my mom they were trying to reach me. My mom obviously told them who she was and they proceeded to tell her that my test results were negative (the only good thing to come from this) and that I can start on Truvada (PreP) for a 3 month prescription (along with informing her of the side effects). I am beyond pissed at my doctors office considering I am 18 and gave them my number. I never received a phone call and it has led me to believe that they did not update my contact information or it was illegible when I wrote it down (not very likely). Even so, I am shocked they decided to reveal this information at all to anyone that is not me. Do I have any stance here or is my only option complaining to them and leaving a bad review? I have been on the verge of crying all night and been avoiding my mom at all costs.

    I tried to give as much detail as possible that could help with any advice. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Anvors
    [link] [comments]

    I bought a car from a dealership, and then they sold it to someone else.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:40 PM PST

    Hey everyone,

    Hopefully, someone can help me with this.

    Yesterday I bought a used truck at a dealership. I have been looking for this truck for a year. I was trading in my current car and would be a bit upside down in the trade-in, but I knew this going in and was okay with it. I'm also finishing my bachelor's degree, work a part-time job for insurance purposes, and own my own business. With both jobs, I'm making around $50k a year. I told them my current paystubs and records don't reflect this because I've cut back on my hours and clients this past month to finish my final semester strong (16 credits this fall). I explained everything, they were fine with it. Asked me to send my proof of income today (which I did) and did the loan paperwork which I was approved for. Even signed the paperwork for the title registration etc.

    The truck had only been there a day. The truck market is absolutely insane right now and there was actually someone waiting to see if my financing was going to go through so they could buy it. I had to leave the truck there because their mechanics hadn't gone through it yet and they wanted to do the oil changes, make sure everything mechanically was fine, etc. They sent me home with one of the keys. Congratulated me on my purchase. Everything was final and done.

    Today I sent them my paystubs and bank statements from my business income etc. Everything was exactly as I told them. Tonight I get a call from the sales guy saying the credit union wouldn't approve my proof of income and asked if I could get a co-signer. I thought it was odd because I had two loans through this credit union before and they have always approved me for a loan.

    I call the credit union to speak with a loan manager. He said my proof of income was approved and the dealership rejected their counter offer WHICH I SIGNED. There was even a note in the application stating I had had multiple loans through them before and they were fine with my weird income situation at the moment and knew I was trustworthy. I learned from the sales guy after I got back with him on this that they had sold my truck to someone else standing there because they didn't think I would be approved based on my proof of income, which I had accurately told them it was when I signed the sales agreement and loan documents, to begin with.

    I don't even know where to begin here. I've been looking for this truck for a year. I have two horses that I can't buy hay for without a truck or I can't take them to the vet if there is an emergency. This truck isn't just for shits and giggles. I really do need it. The credit union approved my proof of income. I signed the sales agreements, loan documents, title paperwork everything with the amount the credit union countered with, that the dealership rejected. Is there a law against this? I have the keys to this truck on my key ring.

    Where do I go from here?

    submitted by /u/Jolsen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment