• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 4, 2020

    Legal Advice - [USA-VA] Neighbor harassing delivery drivers and blocking them from leaving.

    Legal Advice - [USA-VA] Neighbor harassing delivery drivers and blocking them from leaving.


    [USA-VA] Neighbor harassing delivery drivers and blocking them from leaving.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:20 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I plan to make a call to our local sheriffs office non-emergency line later today but wanted some input on what my neighbor is doing.

    For context, my neighbor gets super frustrated (and I mean tilted) when people turn around at the end of the road, which he claims is the end of his driveway. According to the county records, he doesn't own it, and it is more of an easement for him to access his property. This guy will sit out there and pick leaves out of the gravel and pat it all back down everyday. Land that isn't his but he keeps trying to claim as his. I can prove it isn't his just from available plot records from the courthouse.

    I get deliveries from everyone, and since they're so often some of the drivers are fill-ins, or new. It's to be expected. So sometimes they turn around at the end of the road where the easement starts and back into my driveway.

    Some of my other neighbors also get deliveries, although not as frequently as I do. When they pull into their driveways my neighbor gets into his car and blocks the driveway the delivery driver is currently in, and starts to yell and harass them.

    Is there anything else I can do other than notify the sheriffs office and take pictures/notes? I'd like to be able to nip this in the bud, as it seems he's grown increasingly agitated and confrontational.

    Thanks.

    Edit: Location is Virginia.

    Edit edit: Area of contention.

    submitted by /u/sparky1337
    [link] [comments]

    Brother wants my tax documents to help legitimize his marriage to a non-citizen

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:25 PM PST

    My brother married a man from Vietnam a while ago and now he is pressuring me to provide the last three years of my tax returns as well as "co-sign" something for him. I believe that this is somehow supposed to help his husband with citizenship.

    My question is: Does this sound like normal practice, or is this fishy? Is this something an immigration lawyer would ask for? I do not want to get involved in this if it's not legitimate. Thanks in advance for any advice/insight!

    submitted by /u/professor_trashcan
    [link] [comments]

    [CO] My ex is planning on moving out of state but never sees kids ... what are my options if he just abandons the kids?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:10 PM PST

    BACKGROUND: My ex and I have two kids (11 & 16). In our original parenting plan, we shared overnights with 5 nights/wk with me, 2 nights/wk with him, + shared holidays.

    Over a year ago, our childrens' and family therapists had concerns about his parenting and thought overnights were detrimental to the kids. I was going to start a PRE, but my ex agreed to no overnights/no holidays and signed a new PP my lawyer drew up, which is filed with the court.

    Current plan is my ex sees the kids 2x week for 3hrs. In 18 months, my ex has never exercised his right to see the kids during those times. I have let the kids go over when his parents were visiting or for birthdays, but they've probably only seen him 4-5 times in 18 months.

    NOW: My ex is planning on moving out of state. He hasn't said anything about what he envisions visitation to look like. I half expect him to just leave and make no motion to see the kids. He doesn't have the means to take me to court.

    Is this a form of abandonment? Is there something I should file after a period of time? If he leaves, can I move out of state, too?

    (Not sure if this makes a difference, but he hasn't paid child support in three years.)

    submitted by /u/too_latte
    [link] [comments]

    Can I be sued for defamation of character from a exit interview, where I am the employee leaving the company?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 07:26 AM PST

    I just had my exit interview because I am leaving this store I have been working at for 2 years. I have had a certain manager here target and harass me for the past 2 years I've worked here. So in the exit interview I said that she has yelled at me, had unrealistic expectations, never once told me I do a good job, has written me up for things I didnt do, and always trys to catch me not doing my job when I do the best I can. She deserves it she is a horrible person and I do not regret saying it but I am worried she could sue me if she lost her job over it or something. Location: United States

    submitted by /u/bitcyknw
    [link] [comments]

    Paypal told me I could get my Money in 180 days and then they stole it all. $12,742.81. Please Help.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:07 PM PST

    $12,742.81 was stolen from me and I have no clue how to get it back. I have 2 paypal accounts that I've been using for about 3 years to run my business. I had a business account, verified tax ID # and all that jazz. Everything was dandy for 3 years.

    Well, in May (In the smack MIDDLE of a global PANDEMIC) they decided I violated their terms and put a 180 day hold on my accounts funds. They told me that in 180 days the money would get released back to me.

    The 2 accounts combined had a total of $12,742.81. (Yes, I withdrew the money daily, and never let it sit there, but due to the account limitations they didn't allow me to remove the funds for a few weeks, and they only allowed me to recieve funds.)

    Yesterday the dreaded 180 days finally ended. When I logged into my accounts I noticed My Money was all transferred to PayPal. I was shocked, so naturally I called Paypal and spent over 3 hours with them on the phone to no avail.

    I asked to speak to every manager and pleaded in every way imaginable, but everytime, their response was the same, "You violated our terms, so we took this money as a penalty fee. This is our final decision. Whatever money is leftover in your Paypal after these fees, you may transfer to your account". Over and over again. But they TOOK every single last penny I had.

    I was counting on this money heavily. I counted down the 180 grueling days during a fucking Pandemic one by one, and struggle every single day, waiting on money that I earned and desperately need to keep me afloat this year. They lied to me about the 180 days and this whole situation is absolutely insane. I did nothing illegal, I have a legitimate business, and taking this amount of money has to be illegal on their end, right? Paypal has ruined me financially, and I have no idea what to do to fix this. I held out for 6 months but I'm at the point where I'm in desperate need of my money back.

    Please, can anyone give me advice? Help!

    TLDR: Paypal put a 180 day hold on $12,742.81 I had in my account. After 180 days passed yesterday, they told me they took every penny of it for a "penalty fee" and that their decision was final. How do I get my money back?? This is insane and they told me I would get it back in 6 months. Help!

    submitted by /u/ServiceWithAHug
    [link] [comments]

    Sellers couldn't close on house, they still have down payment

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    First time posting here so bare with me as I try to explain this without breaking any rules:

    My fiancé and I had an offer excepted in early September this year for a house in Douglas, MA. I am the only person on the FHA loan from my mortgage company. The house for sale did not pass Title 5 inspection (have a working septic system on the property) when they put it up for sale.

    We were informed by sellers agent that they were in the process of having septic system replaced before any closing. They accepted our offer and we even visited them mid-September to help keep some items on property to speed up their exit. The seller himself informed me the new tank was not in place yet and the closing date was set as 10/30/2020.

    I went through the entire process of getting my loan approved. We signed a purchase and sale agreement. I deposited 14K dollars as a part of down payment and P&S deposit. As the month of October passed we were under the impression that the new septic system was being installed and would be ready by the closing date.

    The weeks leading up to the closing date we were preparing for the septic to not be ready by the time we closed so we had holdback requirements in place for sellers. The week before closing the sellers agent informed us the work would begin on 10/27 to replace the septic. On 10/28 the sellers agent informed us that they do not even have an approved plan for septic replacement. They would need an additional 2-3 weeks to get plan and then have contractors bid on job and then begin the work.

    We never heard from sellers or their agent on 10/29, 10/30 (closing date) or 10/31. On 10/31 we sent a document requesting release of escrow funds so we could back out of deal. We have not heard from them in almost a week.

    -Do we have any legal action here? The sellers are in breach of contract as they did not have a Title 5 certificate at closing or meet requirements of the holdback. I am currently displaced and out thousands of dollars with no end in sight. Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/NTavares
    [link] [comments]

    If a guy sends me an unsolicited dick pic in my Instagram messages, what’s the legality of me then screenshotting it and sending it to his family members?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 09:25 PM PST

    [FLORIDA] I'm anticipating getting fired relatively soon (story in text), and wanted to know if there's anything I should know about resigning versus being terminated. Benefits/costs for myself or the employer? Any legal way to leverage the resignation option?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:15 PM PST

    WHY I'M GETTING CANNED: OD'd in the parking lot at work on a mixture of my prescribed drugs and opioids. No memory of the incident or day at all, but tox showed what I took. Even worse, my pistol was found in my vehicle. I don't really know why I had it, I don't typically have it in my car. Whether or not it was legal to have it is kind of a gray area and my lawyer is pretty insistent I won't face legal repercussions, but my employer certainly frowns on it.

    QUESTION DETAILS: HR has spoken to me and taken statements. They claimed they would update me about a week and a half ago but haven't, so I feel they see this isn't quite the immediate termination situation I thought it would be, though why I can't say. Though I expect them to let me go eventually, it's not certain. I mostly want to know if there's any way to leverage the ability to resign versus straight termination. Also, resigning means no chance of unemployment, but would I be eligible anyway? Even if I resigned, would I have any way of avoiding disclosing all of this to future employers, considering I won't have a record? Any other thoughts are welcome. Thanks Reddit.

    submitted by /u/MyLegalThrowaway4987
    [link] [comments]

    Apartment complex trying to force us to pay full months rent, we move out in 2 days

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    The past few months my roommates and I have been looking to move into a townhouse.

    The apartment we currently have is in abhorrent condition, none of the windows are sealed and have black mold, the sinks are constantly clogged (no matter how much drain-o we use), and the carpet has racks sticking through it.

    As you can guess we are very eager to move and found a nice townhouse less than 5 minutes for our current spot. The current apartment complex rules state that we have to give them 20 days notice before moving, within the week of finding a new place (on October 2nd) called the current apartment complex office 6 times. All the times the message box was full so leaving a message wasn't an option and no one answered. Reaching the last day we could notify the office we tried emailing instead on October 9th. The office didn't open/read the email until the 12th and replied that they couldn't accept the notification because we didn't tell them within the 20 days. They claim they were in the office the whole time we called but that is obviously untrue since we couldn't reach them/they didn't answer. During the past month we have emailed them many times asking about a prorated price for the 6 days we were staying this month to which they only replied "will you be able to turn in the keys this weekend". We replied that we did notify them in time and it was not our fault the email wasn't read in time, to which the reply "will you be able to turn the keys in, etc." my roommates messaged the office a few more times inquiring about a prorated rent for November but received no reply.

    Fast forward to today, my roommates missed a call from the current apartment office at 2pm asking if we were turning in the keys or paying the full month today.

    When we tried to contact them back to work out the problem the office told us that they can't do anything with out a manager present and their manager won't be in until tomorrow morning.

    We cannot move into our new place until tomorrow or Friday.

    Is there any legal prevention that can stop them from charging us for the whole month or kicking us out tonight?

    Edit: I'm in Vancouver, WA

    submitted by /u/Xxfreedslave69xX
    [link] [comments]

    ER nurse accessing medical records without authorization

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:40 PM PST

    (In the US) So I have a family member whose child had tests done at the doctor. This family member has an ongoing custody battle with the kids father. Kids father has a gf who is an ER nurse in the same health network who accessed the records for the testing before they were even released. My family member is the ONLY one with permission to the child's medical file. Fam member has been on the phone for the last 2 days and is being run around in circles by everyone at the hospital. No one seems to know what to do. Is this a normal occurrence? It's pretty messed up and makes me think it happens all the time. Is there anything my fam member can do to prove what happened? Has not spoken to an attorney on this matter yet.

    submitted by /u/Cheeze_and_Rice
    [link] [comments]

    Someone broke into my husband's car and caught them (it happened as I was getting home from the store). As they were trying to get away, they tried to hit me with their car. (NM)

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:50 PM PST

    This happened an hour ago in Southern New Mexico, and I'll try to be detailed and thorough, but I'm still shaken up. We're waiting on the police right now and haven't touched anything.

    Around 8:25pm, my husband and I returned home in my car from Walmart. I was getting the mail, and I peeked at my husband's car. He was laid off due to Covid and since we use my car, we haven't had to use it, and we were asked to park it out of the way, under a light, and with a security camera facing it. We live in an apartment complex with a lot of cameras. Anyways, as I peek at his car, I noticed the back window was broken out, the hood was open, and the driver side door was open. I started to walk towards the car, and saw a lady peek from the hood. I dialed the police, and saw her and a guy jump into a car. I got the license plate, the make, and the model of the car, the color, etc. I was walking towards our car, and the car with the people who broke into my car sharply pulled out right towards me (I jumped out of the way), and almost hit me again driving forward. They were in a rush to get out, obviously, and I wasn't

    My question is: is there anything we can do? We called the police, his insurance, the landlord, and we are waiting. But I'm wondering what we should do about the fact that they tried to hit me twice, is there anything crucial for me to do right now that I'm missing? We took pictures, saw which way they went, gave the police all the info. We've never had this happen to us, and I just don't want to mess anything up if/when we have to deal with this. Also, what will happen? I read on Google (which i take with a grain of salt) that it's good we got the license plate, what the car looks like, and which way they went. We also haven't touched anything, but we generally can see what they took (the car battery, a tire that was in the back seat that was flat, the window they broke didn't work, but they took the car manual and registration and saw where we live). Thank you for everything.

    submitted by /u/theballinstalin
    [link] [comments]

    Fired for a 3 month old drug test

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 07:23 PM PST

    Asking this on behalf of a family member. She took a drug test for a job three months ago and was hired. She has been working for this company since and today she was fired for supposedly failing that 3 month old drug test. This happened in Washington state which I know is an at will state. I am just curious if there is a time limit from when the test was taken and when they can fire her for that reason. Like do they have 3 days or something from said test to fire person?

    submitted by /u/spiddeyfan69
    [link] [comments]

    Order of protection 500 feet but offender lives 300 feet away.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 07:56 PM PST

    The court said that the person who raped me who also lives 300 feet away from me needs to be 500 feet away from me at all times. He lives within 300 feet of a protected address but it specifies that he can't be within 500 feet of me or family. I was wondering what this meant legally? I am living in Illinois.

    submitted by /u/majorasmask1998
    [link] [comments]

    Reverse hit and run?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:29 PM PST

    Location: CA

    So today I was driving on the freeway when traffic stopped suddenly. I barely kissed the car in front of me's trailer hitch. I mean barely like I wasn't even sure if I actually hit them. Anyways I followed the car for some time waiting for them to pull over. They didn't activate their hazards or turn signal, just kept going. We passed multiple chances to pull over (including multiple exits) until finally I just gave up following them.

    Basically I hit them and they ran.

    I checked my car when I got home and I couldn't find any sign of damage, nor did I see any damage to their car as I was following them.

    Obviously I'm at fault for not breaking quite soon enough, but is this considered a hit and run when they're the one that didn't stop? What should I have done differently?

    submitted by /u/CasVelur
    [link] [comments]

    [Texas] Someone filed an animal abuse report on me

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:25 AM PST

    Background:

    I do a lot of volunteer rescue work in my community. Most of it is done privately, rather than through an organization, but I am a part of an independent volunteer rescue network for fosters and trappers.

    Part of what I do is feral colony caretaking. We humanely trap unowned cats, have them neutered, vaccinated, deflead, dewormed, microchipped, and treated for any medical issues. Then we recover them in our home, and return them to where we found them.

    This is otherwise known as trap, neuter, return, or "TNR."

    One of our newer colonies is in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. We've already TNR'd more than half the cats there, and fostered and socialized 3 kittens for adoption.

    I feed these cats very discreetly, once a day, in the middle of a concrete drainage way behind some houses. I set out bowls at 5:30 AM, go to feed another nearby colony, then come back around 6:00 AM to pick up all the bowls.

    I also leave a game camera by the bowls to keep track of the colony (injury, illness, pregnancy, missing, etc), quickly identify any new cats or kittens to ensure we trap them and prioritize accordingly, and to keep an eye on wildlife (daylight hours change throughout the year, so we continually have to adjust the feeding schedule to avoid raccoons and opossums, which the cameras help us keep track of). The camera is picked up along with the bowls around 6.

    Incident:

    On November 1st, when I came to pick up the bowls, they were all missing, as well as the game camera.

    No one has messed with the bowls the past two days, but today when I was picking them up, a man literally ran at me, screaming.

    I had talked to two neighbors in this area previously. I told them what I was doing, and gave one of them the name of the local low cost spay/neuter clinic I was taking a trapped cat to that morning, since he seemed concerned.

    This angry neighbor had clearly spoken to that one because he screamed that he checked and I "did not work there."

    I calmly explained that I never said I worked there, it was simply the clinic I was taking them to, as that is all they are - a vet clinic, not a rescue organization (in fact, that other guy had specifically asked if I worked there, and I explicitly clarified this, and explained I do this on my own time and dime...).

    This man continued to yell quite aggressively at me and would not listen to anything I was trying to say.

    He said he's a former cop and he knows where I live and my name, and repeatedly shouted my address and name at me (although he had my name a bit wrong).

    When I did manage to get a word in, he cut me off, shouted he didn't believe me, demanded I tell him where some neighbors missing cat is, and accused me of hurting his two outdoor cats.

    He told me that he's "already opened up a case" on me, filed an animal abuse report on me, told me I'm already being investigated, submitted my camera for evidence, told me I wouldn't get away with this, etc

    He then made a beeline for my car and stuck his head in the open window while screaming "Do you have any cats in here right now?!"

    The entire time I was trying to deescalate, calmly empathize with his concerns, and explain what I was doing, but he was honestly just going on nonstop - cutting me off or shouting over me every time I attempted to speak.

    After about five (frankly scary) minutes, I finally managed to calm him down enough to get a word in.

    I told him I understood his concern, especially since he had two outdoor cats of his own that were frequently in the same area. But I assured him of what we were doing and that I was not trapping his cats, briefly explained TNR, and encouraged him to Google it.

    He again stated his two cats have shown up in the past couple of months with injuries, so he knows what I said is not true.

    I told him one of the reasons we neuter the males is to decrease aggression, and that his cats may have been injured by one of those we haven't been able to neuter yet.

    He said he didn't believe that, because one of them had a paw injury that was "really suspicious."

    He seemed under the impression that I only started caring for this colony recently, but I have been doing so for over 6 months (long before his cats were injured).

    I explained I also hadn't trapped there in a while (we target females first, and we'd already spayed all the females there, so now we're working on the females in the other nearby colony), and that I only use humane traps that do not harm the cats.

    I finally persuaded him to take my contact information, and gave him the name of the spay/neuter clinic, as well as my primary vet clinic (which is where we take kittens, friendly cats, and injured ferals - they are well aware of what we do, and fully support us).

    Still angry, he shouted that he doesn't like animals being hurt, and that he was going to check into things, and if everything was on the up and up, he would apologize.

    I've called both of the vet clinics to give them permission to confirm that I'm a client and vouch for me when he calls.

    My question is what should I do - if anything - about the report that's been filed on me?

    I have probably 50+ contacts in the rescue community, plus all of my past adopters, who can vouch for me. I'm also active with advocacy on Facebook and Nextdoor, so what I do is no secret.

    I'm not sure if I should proactively contact PD to give them contact information for the organizations I've worked with, as well as my vet clinics, to help them close this case ASAP (and hopefully get my property back...), or whether it's best to just keep to myself, keep my mouth shut, and allow them to contact me.

    How should I proceed? And what might I be able to expect here?

    submitted by /u/CatsAnonymousHiImA
    [link] [comments]

    [DC] In a rowhouse, is there a right of way through the alley in the back? How would I find out?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:44 AM PST

    I live in a rowhouse in DC. Our house and five others share an alley. The owner of the house on one end is thinking of expanding his house to block the alley. Can he do that?

    It seems like we need some kind of rear egress, to get any heavy furniture or equipment to the rear of the house and to get out in the event of a fire. Hypothetically we could still get out through on the other end of the alley if he blocked his end, but among other things we'd lose it if a house on the other side did so. I really wouldn't want both of them to be able to block the alley, and it would be weird if his right to do so depended on whether someone else already had.

    The alley is only a footpath about three feet wide, useful for getting bikes, trash cans, and similar things in and out our back doors and backyards. Going from west to east my house is the third and the guy thinking about blocking the alley is the sixth. On the other side of his house is the street where we take our trash cans for weekly pickup. On the other side of the first house is an alley. This one is big enough for cars, but there's a foot or so of a step down from the footpath alley to the car alley, so it's very bad for getting anything heavy in or out.

    Expanding his house to fill his whole lot would definitely be over the lot occupancy percentage in the local zoning regulations, but zoning enforcement isn't great, and I'm not sure the zoning regulations wouldn't let him block the alley in some other way if he wanted to be a dick.

    submitted by /u/cybishop3
    [link] [comments]

    [FL] Came back from vacation to find animal control called on me due to stray kittens born on my balcony while I was gone

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:50 AM PST

    Hello! I am in Florida, USA. I took the majority of October off for vacation, returning on Nov. 2nd. During this time, a stray cat had apparently given birth on my balcony and was living there with her 4 kittens. I received a call from my leasing office on Nov. 3rd that one of the kittens had fallen off the balcony (He's okay, I live on 2nd floor) and a resident had called them to report it. The same resident called animal control who told me they could not remove the other kittens because they had become my property and my responsibility because they weren't sure how long they had been there. Animal control also said it would cost $75 in order to surrender them.

    Can the kittens legally be considered mine even when I was not home when they were born and therefore couldn't get rid of them when they were born? I am afraid my leasing office may try to argue that I should owe a pet fee or that I am going against my leasing agreement since the kittens technically belong to me now, and I am curious if anyone has any information on the process of surrendering the stray kittens and if I have to take them to animal control since they are strays

    submitted by /u/MidgetChemist
    [link] [comments]

    Can I be fired for my political views in CA?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Yesterday I was talking to my boss making small talk and I said "I hope Biden wins"

    He then went off the rails yelling at me to which I said absolutely nothing back, I did not say a single word. He then fired me specifically because I dont support Trump.

    Is this legal? Can I sue?

    submitted by /u/noonecaresabtu
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t split a house with your girlfriend

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:02 PM PST

    Alright so here goes...

    (USA-Missouri) Girlfriend and I bought a house together in Sept 2018. We are both on the deed and mortgage and paid equally since the down payment. We've recently split up and I'm discussing buying her out of the mortgage and keeping the house.

    We split mortgage payments equally for about a year, then she was having trouble keeping up with her student loans, so I began to pay more than her every month toward the mortgage (I have all of these payments documented).

    She claims that the law will side with her that she should receive her full 50% share regardless of her paying less per month for several months. If I have the documentation from those months, is this still the case? She's unwilling to settle up the mortgage money before she gets the 50% share. Will probably be seeking out realty lawyer for their opinion, but I was curious if anybody has ever ran into this situation before. Thanks

    submitted by /u/DependentWarthog
    [link] [comments]

    Termination with no warning

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 07:55 PM PST

    Location: Wood Dale, Illinois My job (Amazon fulfillment center) just spontaneously sent me a letter informing me of my termination, I've worked at the company for about 8 months now, ive been late (by no more than 10 minutes) maybe 5 times my entire time here, other than that I haven't gotten a single complaint from my managers, I dont understand, last week my manager offered me a fixed shift, I said that would be fine, there wasn't time to agree in the specific schedule and then he put me down for 5am-4:30pm shifts for the rest of the week, I explained to him I couldnt make those shifts, I'm in college, the next day the 5am shifts were removed but I had an attendance accruence for missing the shift, I spoke to him about it and he said hed have it fixed, now this week theres another 5am shift on my online schedule and today I received an email letter confirming my termination, I have no idea what's going on

    submitted by /u/Laura_Luv93
    [link] [comments]

    [USA-WI] Could you be fired from your job for using your heal insurance that your job wouldn't agree with?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 09:07 PM PST

    My family is concerned that if I were to be prescribed estrogen for a mtf transition. That my dads health insurance would cover. He could be fired from his job because it is a more conservative business. Would this be legal to do?

    submitted by /u/Zip-rr
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] A Vet's office let my friend's dog run away and they found her remains yesterday morning--do they have any kind of case they could pursue?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:11 AM PST

    My friends are feeling overwhelmed right now at the loss of their beloved pet after the vet's office let her get away and run off into the woods. They found her remains about a week later in what looks like a coyote attack. There were work days taken off for the search among other fees involved (signage, etc). Do my friends have any case they could hold against the vet, and what kind would it be? Any advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/cubiclequeen
    [link] [comments]

    I think my employee is lying about testing positive for Covid

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 05:51 PM PST

    I'll try to keep it short, this has been a very troublesome employee and I wouldn't put it past him to pull something like this. He only sent me a photo of the letter and with an important deadline coming up, the circumstances just seem suspicious. We are based in Maryland.

    I read that the public health department should notify me if any of my employees test positive but I haven't gotten such a notification which makes me doubt, is this true?

    Can I call the clinic to confirm the result or would that be a violation of HIPAA?

    submitted by /u/kevin41714
    [link] [comments]

    A man broke into my house and attempted to sexually assault my brother

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Okay so last week a man broke into my(21f) house and tried to sexually assault my 14 year old brother who luckily managed to fight the guy off. The creep ran away before we could restrian him and get the police to my house but we still called and told them everything.

    According to my brother the guy knew his name was scared me because my brother has a uncommon Irish name which meant the creep most likely had been stalking us for a while now. And was waiting for an opportunity to strike.

    Anyway we found that the police caught the creep because he had been holding out candy to kids on Halloween and one of the parents recognized him and called the authorities and now have him in custody. So what steps do we need to take to make sure the creep gets what he deserves?

    TL:DR; Creep broke into my house and got caught by the police.

    submitted by /u/Mistert335
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment