• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 3, 2020

    Legal Advice - Neighbor is threatening "legal action" if I swap out my own mailbox

    Legal Advice - Neighbor is threatening "legal action" if I swap out my own mailbox


    Neighbor is threatening "legal action" if I swap out my own mailbox

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 11:41 AM PST

    ND, USA.

    Petty alert!

    The street that I live on requires that all mailboxes be posted on one side, which happens to be the side opposite of my driveway. Currently, I share a mailbox post with my neighbor who lives directly across from me. The two mailboxes are identical (this is important later).

    I am a sole proprietor who sells handmade items online and I frequently ship boxes that don't fit into a typical sized mailbox. I also receive small to medium sized packages that I'd prefer to not be placed at my door.

    I have purchased an "extra large" size mailbox (it is approved by the PMG) and notified my neighbor across the street that I will be swapping out my current mailbox that is installed on the shared post as a courtesy. Oh my goodness, she was NOT a happy camper.

    She is very upset that the mailboxes will no longer match in size. In her tantrum, she threw insults my way about ruining the neighborhood ¯_(ツ)_/¯. That is all fine and good, but the thing she said that perked my ears was her threat of "legal action" if I change my mailbox.

    So, I called the city zoning and planning department to get direction. The planners that I spoke with stated that since the mailboxes are posted in the city's right of way on the boulevard, I am able to use whichever mailbox I choose to as long as it is PMG approved, which it is.

    Also, I am not located within an HOA and I have no signed covenants.

    In my mind, that settles it. BUT...

    IF this neighbor is serious about pursuing something legally, how far could it potentially go? Should I contact a lawyers office just in case?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Jangsterish
    [link] [comments]

    [Texas] My car (parked on public street) was moved by construction workers to a different public street.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 09:28 AM PST

    My car was parked (legally) on the street in front of my apartment complex. Myself and my landlord were given no warning (verbal or written) that there would be construction on this road and that I couldn't park there. When I parked there the night before there were no cones or signs indicating that they would be working on that part of the street the next day. When I went to drive somewhere the next day, I couldn't find my car and had to use the alarm to find it parked under a sketchy bridge about a block away from where I had parked it. At no point was I told in between them moving it and me finding it they it had been moved. Is this legal? Do I have any kind of recourse? They tried to tow it again this morning but I saw it and came out and just moved it myself.

    UPDATE: Called the city and they basically said that's standard practice and it's too bad they didn't notify me before hand. They then suggested I go ask the random construction workers when they would be done. I asked about putting a complaint in and they just deflected until I hung up. Woo bureaucracy. Going to put a note on my car when there's construction in the area that just says to call before towing. Also on a positive note ran into some of the construction workers when I was walking my dog and they were genuinely concerned about my car getting towed and were real bros about it.

    submitted by /u/everytunnelends
    [link] [comments]

    My brother in law is receiving food stamps for my nephew's that are in my legal custody.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 07:15 AM PST

    Hi I recently received custody of my two nephews, to avoid the courts with CPS help I received custodial guardianship. I was told to apply for food stamps because I'm just 19 and they are two growing teenage boys. But apparently the father is still getting those food stamps and when I told the interviewer over the phone that they were now in my custody and I can send that to them. She tells me the dad has to change that but I know he won't so I told her and she hung up on me. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/GoatMochi
    [link] [comments]

    My husband is being asked to repay 13k to unemployment due to him being overpaid

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:33 PM PST

    We live in Michigan. In March he was given a job offer, and was hired but declined the position due to Michigan going into lockdown the day he was scheduled to start training. He filed for unemployment in April, and was asked for more employment information. Shortly after he received a call from unemployment asking exactly why he declined the job. He said it was due to covid and he didn't want to risk being around that many people. Not long after, he was approved for 39 weeks of PUA due to being unemployed as a result of covid-19. He got a job in late August and starting declining his weekly benefits, and hasn't received any money since late July, but his claim is still active. On October 28th he received another letter saying his status was redetermined and that he is not eligible for unemployment benefits due to him not establishing that his seperation reason is covid-19 related, and has to pay back the money he was given. Do we need a lawyer for this? Did we mess up or did the unemployment agency mess up? Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this.

    submitted by /u/butteryuzzies
    [link] [comments]

    (Ca) los angeles. Month to month co-tenant, told that I cannot give 30 days notice and am leased in perpetuity until roommates also give notice.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 01:30 PM PST

    Hi all, I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and have 4 tenants on the same lease. The lease is month to month and has been for over a year. Me and one other tenant gave our thirty day notice which was required by the lease. The leasing company has told us we cannot have our names taken off the lease unless all 4 tenants give notice. I've been trying to research online how that would work, as that means that should my roommates never leave, neither could I. They have lived there 5 years and have no intention of moving, we added our names last year. The roommates do not have a problem with us removing our name, but the leasing company does.

    My understanding is im simply declining to renew my month to month tenancy as of December 1st, while the leasing company has told me that for liability reasons my name must stay on the lease until the other 2 decide they would like to move, even if that was in twenty years.

    If anyone could help clarify how to approach this, that would be wonderful. If this had been a year long lease I would have simply not needed to renew, but because its month to month they're saying I can't get out of it at all.

    submitted by /u/dumbsnowhusky
    [link] [comments]

    OREGON STATE--I'm needing legal advice regarding my 15yr old son who raped my daughter and admitted to this allegation before he left my house. Then turned around and lied to law enforcement about having done that and is now pressing charges on me for abuse, neglect and that I'm not fit to parent.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 10:53 PM PST

    I found out that my second oldest son raped my daughter and when asked he admitted having done this to his sister. I sent him to temporarily stay with my mother who has gotten a lawyer for my second oldest son while still under my parental custody, changed his school and has convinced my son to press charges on me for abuse, neglect and unfit to parent my second oldest son due to my mental health problems which I've never been diagnosed with any. My daughter is scared to tell her story due to the fact my second oldest son had threatened her life and I was told by DHS that even if she came out with her story it wouldn't be credible and would be thrown out of court. Two counties, two DHS office involved with no communication between and nothing but a run around while trying to get my son moved from my mothers, which I put him there to start with temporarily then decided to move him to my sisters house to stop the interference of my mother who has blocked me every time to communicate with my son due to an alleged safety threat. Mind you I placed my second oldest son in my mothers house temporarily and enlisted the help of my local DHS and law enforcement offices. My DHS had a courtesy DHS office involved for my second oldest son in his grandmother's location. My DHS office relinquished the case and jurisdiction to the courtesy DHS office and at the last attempt for moving my son was blocked and I am now going to court for a shelter hearing. The petition that was put into the courts based on claims from my second oldest son of abuse, neglect and unfit to parent him due to my mental health problems, lack of skills, and quite a few other charges or allegations.

    These allegations are false and no one will represent my case. If anyone has any advice or suggestions please share them.

    submitted by /u/Erica_55
    [link] [comments]

    landlord sent to collection saying I didn't pay rent in 2017 for 4 months

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:23 PM PST

    [US South Dakota] I sent a letter of verification to a debt collector trying to figure out how my old landlord thinks I owe them 3,000$. They sent me the tenant ledger and appear to only have records beginning on 01/01/18. They are saying on it that I didn't pay rent for the 4 months prior to this date which is bullshit but technically I don't even really have proof anymore that I paid which is what really sucks. I know that I did not skip my rent for 4 months straight. I moved out in July 2018 and the ledger is trying to charge me for things that happened past that date all the way until 11/29 even though I hadn't lived there for 3 months prior to then. They took my security deposit on 9/04/18 a whole month after I moved out and applied it to this 3,000 they think I owe. Which was past the 21 day security deposit refund date. What is my best plan moving forward now?

    submitted by /u/Iuseredditnow
    [link] [comments]

    My partner left months ago with zero notice, moved to the opposite coast and is now threatening to fight for custody.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 09:12 PM PST

    WA state. No current court orders. My ex and I co-habitated for 4.5 years and share a 3 year old daughter. We had had a really rough streak of bad luck (deaths, illness, finances) over the last 2 years topped off by his covid unemployment. He has documented mental health issues. He lied about maintaining his therapy and his attempts to make an appointment for medication that he needs. He snapped 2 days after our daughters 3rd birthday and just packed up and left while I was at work and the kids were at daycare, stole money from one of my accounts and went east. I convinced him to return and financially facilitated his return, only for him to not come home. He lived in his car for a while and eventually manipulated an employment opportunity with a relocation program to get himself back to the east coast to take a higher paying job.

    He now maintains he's contacted an attorney who thinks he has a case for custody and doesn't understand why Im not for a bi coastal custody agreement.

    There was no parenting plan in place. I have written admissions of his failure to take care of his mental health. He's given me zero support since he left and hasn't asked to see her or speak to her since early September.

    I don't have money for an attorney, but I feel like I don't necessarily need one with the documentation I have.

    What's the first step I can take to ensure what's in the best interest of my daughter?

    Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

    submitted by /u/bbhd87
    [link] [comments]

    I refuse to make this transfer

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Most likely this can be complicated since it's not on the US, but maybe some basic concepts can help here. Sorry if I make mistakes on writing.

    So I live on Uruguay and my GF mother and her husband on Chile, today, my mother in law's husband sent me a message, asking if we can help him with something. His plan is to send thw CL currency to UY, so we can exchange that to USD (situation on CL is not going well) so, in order to preserve their savings (learned from Venezuela that when everything is going bad look for another currency) , they want to do so, main reason, because UY has better rates than CL in this moment. I refuse to do so, mainly because that could be interpreted as tax evasion, fraud, capital flight and another bunch of stuffs, and everything would be registered on bank transfers.

    My GF says that I am overreacting, and maybe I'm doing, but in any case I'm not okay with that. Besides, according to the guy, we are talking about 121.000 USD, and now my GF says that is like 5.000 USD (that still is like 50% of our salary per year, so that doesn't look right for any bank).

    My point is, that's most likely illegal, we are foreigners and I won't accept this is any way. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/LucioFer95
    [link] [comments]

    California - Condo listing says 2 dedicated parking spots, CCNR's say 1 + 1 shared - what to do?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:47 AM PST

    We're in escrow to buy a condo in a 3 unit HOA in the Bay Area. ~20 days to close.

    The parking area is outdoors and has 4 parking spots - 1 per unit and 1 that, according to CCNRs, is shared between our unit and one other unit.

    The listing for the property explicitly states "2 dedicated parking spots".

    The seller and selling agent state the HOA members have agreed that the shared parking spot is in fact dedicated to our unit, however, they can not produce any documentation proving it.

    We signed off on the CCNRs and disclosures prior to offering.

    We do not want to lose the deal over the parking spot but I strongly feel the property was misrepresented in the listing vs what it legally is.

    I've been thinking of stating that we believe the listing was misrepresented and that we want (something like) 10k off of the purchase price, given that it is in fact a 1.5 parking spot property and not 2, as per the listing. If they don't agree to a decreased price, I will submit a complaint to the CA Dept. of RE against the selling agent.

    Selling agent and my agent both work for the same brokerage.

    What would you do in this situation?

    submitted by /u/overdude
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor Poops on Floor, Landlord Won’t Start Evicting

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:53 PM PST

    I don't even know where to start. About a year ago, a new neighbor moved into my month-to-month building in a major city in CA. I'll call him Old Man (OM). He seemed okay, but super disabled; his back curls in a C shape. I talked to landlord about getting him a ramp to get into his place immediately, she said she'd ask him. He refused.

    About a month later, the cockroaches came. We (the upstairs neighbors, me, and OM) reported them. Pest control came into all of our apartments and sprayed. They gave him some sort of notice to clean. But the waves of roaches just kept coming for months. Finally, they're able to keep them to just his apartment through plugs in the walls.

    After that, it became summer and a strong urine odor appeared. We talked to OM, the landlord, and started calling adult protective services. They want us to find family, but he has none. He kept promising to get a maid, but failing to do so. My landlord didn't want to get involved. She'd send notices for pest control and tell him to clean, but that's it. She kept insisting that she was telling him he had to clean, so he would.

    We (a neighbor and I) spoke to OM about moving to a care facility. He told us his price range and we gave him a list of ones available in his area. He said there were long wait lists (which I believe) but we asked him to call and get on three lists. We offered to help him with it but he didn't want to disclose his info.

    Then, Covid came and he started falling. We found him outside of his vehicle on the ground several times. He has a large SUV that he can't get into. I have shown him how to order groceries on his phone, which he does regularly. I try to help him get stuff online instead of going out. But he will often go out to his car at 10-11 at night and then bump it into things or fall trying to get into it. We (me and the other neighbors) have reported him to DMV, but they claim we need his drivers license number to fully report, which we can't get. I doubt he could pass a license exam at this point so I am not sure he even has an active license.

    Paramedics have been called weekly for the past few months because he falls in his apartment or on the ground. We spoke to them and they said they can't do anything if he chooses to live this way. We have continued to call APS regarding each falls date/time. APS frequently calls him, so he changes his phone number again and again. We give them the new number, but they don't do anything but call. APS also confirmed that the landlord is reporting the same incidents we are. Eventually, after finding him on the ground a bunch of times, he fell and had a heart attack and went to rehab for a month.

    During this time, the landlord opened the apartment to let pest control in, then came over to notify me there is a fly infestation because of open, spilled food and filth. She refused to go into the apartment because it was so bad. I asked if she can initiate an eviction but she said "the courts are too backed up because of Covid" so she hasn't started yet. She promises she will soon.

    Now that he's back, care workers are reporting to us that there is human feces on the floor and in other areas of the apartment. We told the landlord and she said she knew, but didn't start evicting because "the courts are too liberal" and "it wouldn't do any good."

    APS tells us that until he's declared mentally incompetent, they can't force him to get help.

    I know the obvious answer is for me to move, but I'm concerned about OM.

    This man poops on his floor and is a huge danger to himself. How can we get him the help that he needs? What can we do beyond reporting to APS, DMV, and the landlord? Can we report the landlord to public health because she has refused to take action on a tenant not maintaining an apartment? Are there any other steps we can take to ensure everyone's safety?

    submitted by /u/kenseypoop
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-Employee contacted current clients

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 12:10 PM PST

    I own a small business in Florida. It was brought to my attention by a loyal client that an ex-employee of mine e-mailed them letting them know they no longer work for my company but for a competitor and offered discounted "First time customer" services to them.

    I was forwarded the e-mail, and the e-mail was sent to our entire e-mail database of clients. Clearly this ex-employee took our distribution list before leaving. Is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/Experiment333
    [link] [comments]

    HOA is trying to put a lien on my house

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 08:12 AM PST

    Hi, I am from CA. As title says, HOA is trying to put a lien on my house for a missing payment of HOA fees and late fees on top of it. I have auto draft and my payment was deducted from my bank account. When we first received notification of the intent to lien, it was near the start of quarantine. We asked them to verify and send us documentation of the missing payment. They did and we spoke with them over the phone. They were nice said if we can get the check information, it should clear everything up. My bank doesn't give the check information but the reference information and confirmed that they didn't cash the check. HOA then says they need the board to approve to stop the lien and refund the fees. It's Ben a month and the person I've been speaking with said there was no response but the answer is most likely no. I already resent the uncashed payment, they cashed it. So I just want to know if I have any legal right to having the lien stopped and no fees since my bank can confirm the check was sent out and they didn't cash it? They have always charged me weird late fees so I just thought this was something they the cause and didn't think much of it initially. Your help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/annndtheeen
    [link] [comments]

    Is it legal for my employer to ding my paycheck 5$ for using my cellphone at work? (California, USA)

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 11:05 AM PST

    The Townhome Complex that I live in has changed owners several times. The recent owners have made a new rule that disrupts my family.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 09:16 PM PST

    I live in a Townhome in Kansas City, Missouri. The complex has changed owners several times in the last 3 and 1/2 years that I've lived here. I believe there have been 5 different owners. The newest owners have been here since about February or March of this year.

    Today we received a letter that says they are now a non friendly pet property. We have two cats. One cat that we got two months after living here. The other cat about a year after living here. I have paid a pet deposit for both cats. We have not had to sign a new lease since living here. The lease we signed said we may have two small pets. Both cats were declawed when we got them. It's not like they are going around tearing stuff up. Also I am wondering if being declawed might make it harder to find them a home if we have to get rid of them. They are like family so I hope it doesn't come to that. Moving isn't really an option for us.

    I really just want to hear someone else's opinion or advice on the situation.

    submitted by /u/moonlxght_madness
    [link] [comments]

    Without permission my parents put me as a co signer to a house and car. Help please !!

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Hello, excuse my grammar in advance . We just found out several months ago that my fiancé's parents stolen his identity and added him to co-signer to there new house and a truck. My fiancé is torn. He doesn't know what to do. They have a green card and doesn't want them to get in trouble. He gave them the option to get out of his name ASAP but they seem to careless about it and haven't done anything about it. The truck has a total of 6 late payments from his report.He wants to do it without getting them in trouble. We're planning on getting a new car and house in the near future but it seems impossible with his screwed up credit thanks to his parents. What can he do about this without getting his parents in trouble ? Is there anything we can do about this ??

    submitted by /u/Samantha9875
    [link] [comments]

    My sons friend(16M) is being abused. How can we help him?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Just for context we're from Los Angeles , CA.

    So my sons friend Jason is 16, going on 17 in December. Jason has a very unfortunate situation. His biological mother and father are not in his life. His real dad killed himself when he was very very little and his mom is a crackhead lost in the streets. He lives with his biological aunt who has had custody of him since he was 8. Jason has lived on our street since he was 8 years old and we've only seen/met him recently. We met him maybe 7-8 months ago when the pandemic first started. When my son introduced us to him we thought he was a friend from school and we quickly learned he lives on our street and always has. This striked us as odd as we live in a really small neighborhood and everyone knows everyone kind of situation. Another pattern we noticed was that Jason only came over late night. Between 10-11 PM. He would come over, eat and watch tv with my son. I would come out of my bedroom in the middle of the night for whatever reason(1-3AM) (pee, water, just to check on the boys) and Jason was always sleeping here with my son. It was like he came over just to eat and sleep with my kid. It never bothered us. We didn't mind. Were very genuine people and don't judge based off of things like that.

    Anyways, Jason is very very slim. Pale skin. Very polite, sweet and respectful kid. His physical appearance is important to the story. But, Definitely the type I wouldn't mind my son hanging out with. After Jason hung out with my son a few times, my son brought up that he is neglected at home and said his mom(aunt) is abusive. I listened and took his claims seriously but my husband and I decided not to get involved.

    One night we were sitting with our son in the living room watching tv. My son was on his phone as many teenagers do. And we heard him watching a video of someone degrading themselves and crying, obviously upset and struggling. We heard the person in distress, crying saying "my life is shit. I'm a disappointment to my family. I'm nothing. I'm a bad kid. I'm better off gone" My husband kept asking my son "who is that" "who is that" let me see" and my son was just frozen and staring at the screen. We took his phone and saw it was Jason. Jason was visibly shaken and at the edge. I sent my son running to his Jason's to make sure he was okay and didn't hurt himself. My son came back walking with Jason in his arms hugging him. Jason said his mom(aunt) is going through a divorce and has been drinking a lot. She came home after day drinking all day, absolutely trashed and yelling at him. Saying how much of a disappointment he is, how he's not going to amount to anything and end up like his mother. She does this 4-5 times a week. And every single time he takes it really hard. That same day he also said he hadn't eaten the entire day and was just sobbing for hours. He told us that he has to stay inside ALL DAY. He's never allowed out the house. He's never allowed to hang out with friends. EVER. He's not allowed to leave the house only once a day to walk the aunts dog up and down the block. The reason he comes at night is because he has to sneak out. He comes here to see his friends, eat and sleep comfortably. He says he's an insomniac in her home.

    The other the night the boys were hanging out as usual and went out to grab a pizza from the delivery guy. His aunt was out there waiting and immediately flipped out on him. Started yelling at him. Demanded he go with her. Cussed him out about sneaking out and beat him all the way home in front of all his friends. This was around 10PM and my husband and I were laying in bed. We came out to grab some water and the boys told us everything. We were obviously upset but couldn't do anything. We hadn't seen or heard from his for almost 3 weeks after that. It was horrible just thinking about him and his safety. We were so so scared and worried about him.

    The other night I came out to grab some water and pee like I always do midnight and my boys were up. It was about 11PM. And my son says "JASON IS HERE" we were tripped out but relieved. He was here. And alive. And okay. I hugged him and asked how he was doing and welcomed him back home. I felt so sad for him as I hugged his skinny little body and he just sobbed for minutes. He caught us up on what had happened since we saw him last and he got caught sneaking out. Apparently one of our nosy neighbors who had been seeing him sneak out while his aunt was passed out drunk told on him and the aunt basically set a trap that she was asleep for the night and he fell for it. He said his aunt beat him that night with chords and wires and showed us the scars on his back. We all sobbed with him. He said she's been verbally abusive since and makes him sleep in the tiny bathroom on the floor. He has a phone hidden and He took pictures and video of his little blanket and pillow on the small ass bathroom floor with his head nearly 5 inches from the fucking toilet seat. He also filmed this bitch passed out drunk on her bed while he had his bed made on the bathroom floor.

    Now. This this where we need help. This kid has been through it. As if not having him real parents isn't bad enough this piece of shit of a fucking human has the audacity to have her nephew like a fucking prisoner. As if physically abusing him, starving him wasn't enough. She also tells him how much of a piece of shit he is. How he'll never amount to anything and end up like his mother. That she's glad he isn't her real son because she's so fucking embarrassed and ashamed to even have to be his fake mom. This kid is so stressed. You can see it in his demeanor. His face. The way he speaks. The fact that he is almost 17 and only 100 pounds. We want to help him but don't know how ? I'm assuming she has full custody and gets government benefits to raise him. Idk how to go about anything or reporting her to CPS? Could my husband and I take him in? How would we even do that? We love this sweet boy to death and my son sees him as a brother. His friend group knows everything and so do some of the other parents of the boys in the friend group. Could he possibly get emancipated? I know he would have to have a job in order to do that in California but his aunt would never allow him to do anything positive for himself. She's holding onto him as long as she can. Any advice legal or just advice in general at all is appreciated. We would love to take him in and have him be a part of the family.

    submitted by /u/ondadownlow
    [link] [comments]

    When a neighbor's dog kills your dog

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 08:31 PM PST

    I have a 5 pound yorkie, the neighbor has 2 large dogs, 1 mutt and a pit. They are diagonal neighbors that share a few fence slats between our yards. My son was playing with our dog in the backyard and for some reason left her there instead of our dog run when he had to go do something. At some point the neighbors dogs broke a fence slat that they could not fit through and my dog got snatched through it or went into their yard and was mauled. I just got home from work to find this out so these are the details that I understand and nobody can tell me definitively what happened. I called animal control to ask for an officer to be dispatched for a report and to do something about this dog. The dispatcher told me that there isn't a lot that can be done because my dog is expected to stay in my yard as theirs are expected to stay in their yard. This doesn't make sense to me since my dog would have stayed in the yard if their dog did not break the fence slat for the 2nd time. I believe the mutt is the one that killed her. She (my dog that is dead) has puppies that had gotten into their yard from the same location and the pit just stood over them watching them when we found them. I just replaced that fence slat about 1 month ago and have since then kept them to the dog run.

    I just had the officer visit and say that they could speculate that another dog jumped into their yard and did it... without definitive proof such as an eyewitness or video they can do anything. ffs

    What is my recourse?

    submitted by /u/Mean_Green_83
    [link] [comments]

    Stalking

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 09:29 PM PST

    Hi everyone. (From North Carolina, USA) For the past year or so, I've been stalked online. This person has gone to extreme lengths to continuously harass me. Leaked where I live on the internet, contacted my family members, have made INSANELY heinous threats to me...... (including rpe, kking me and my family members).

    He keeps making twitter and instagram accounts to send me messages, I've tried ignoring them so he would go away. He's not IP banned on twitter or Instagram.

    I've tried contacting these corporations and telling them that he's made over 100 accounts (on both) to contact me. I even hired a private investigator, nothing happened. I even hired a private investigator, he subpoenaed these social media sites and NOTHING.

    I do have a picture of his face. Is there any way I could scan the picture and find him somehow on the internet? Or find any of his ACTUAL accounts? He keeps using other people's names and pictures on fake accounts and is getting around it by using a VPN. Please help.

    submitted by /u/bailsSZN
    [link] [comments]

    My landlord is selling the house I live in. What are my rights?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 01:54 PM PST

    My landlord put the house up for sale earlier this week. I still live in this house, I have two cats in the home. I was told by them I would have 24 hours notice if anyone wanted to come look at the house.

    I get a text from the realtor this morning at 9am saying she was bringing people to my home one hour later at 10am. I told her no, I need 24 hours notice and she argued with me.

    My question is, what are my rights as a tenant? As far as this realtor coming in and out of my home with last minutes notice?

    **EDIT, I live in PA, and there is no formal lease as I know my landlords personally. I feel like this will hurt me more than it has helped me.

    submitted by /u/cuntrypie
    [link] [comments]

    I think the woman my late-father cheated on my mom with is trying to extort money from my mom?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 01:56 PM PST

    Background: My father (whom I was not close with by choice), moved out of state while we were in high school-roughly 15 years-and had been cheating on my mom for years with a woman who we learned he lived with up until the time he had a major heart attack that killed him. My father was 1000% a hoarder, and had a major problem with buying and keeping things that nobody needs or wants, and due to his large "collection," he had it all in storage units. My brother, sisters and my brother-in-laws went to go clear out his storage unit. I was advised to stay with my mom because whoever went would be meeting the other woman, and I'm known in my family to be very protective of those I care about and have a pretty hot head and sharp tongue to those I don't. The unit was cleared out with the exception of "a few pieces of trash" to quote my brother. My father had no will of any sort, and no documentation of what to do with his belongings or even his remains.

    My father and this other woman became friends with the woman who runs the complex where the storage unit is located. The woman has been demanding money from my mom for months for "rental fees," and other things that she claims are part of the contract my father signed. I've told my mom to request a scan of the contract with his signature so we can see what he signed over, but I'm also curious to know if the other woman's name is on it (which would get the burden off us, if I'm not mistaken). We think if that's the case, then the other woman is mad that since my father never divorced my mom, she got nothing from his estate and has no claim to anything, and this friend who runs the complex is helping her screw my mom.

    I've rented a storage unit in the past, and it was always cut and dry when it came time for me to end my relationship with the unit or the complex. Since this deals with my father who died, another woman, and my mom, I have no idea what to do. The woman from the complex who has called and demanded money from my mom has reportedly be very rude and threatening, and will give zero answers to anyone.

    What should I do? I don't want this to go on any longer than it has.

    submitted by /u/KnucklestheEnchilada
    [link] [comments]

    My ex husband was arrested for welfare fraud but the court still wants to modify child support

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 08:53 PM PST

    Sorry if the title is horrible. I couldn't think of a better way to explain it in a few sentences. Right now my ex husband and me equally share time with our daughter. Our jobs are not Mon-Fri 9 to 5, we work in cycles, example: 5 days on 4 days off or 4 days on 5 days off etc. We work for the same agency but on opposite cycles. So when I'm working he is off and when he's working I'm off. Whoever is off has our daughter. Since our jobs are the exact same with the exact same salary we don't pay child support to each other.

    My ex husband has been arrested for fraudulently claiming welfare and other benefits he shouldn't be eligible because he has a job. But I've been called to court and it is to modify child support because he supposedly was on welfare while I was not. I don't know how this happened because he has a job and makes the same pay as me. We both work for the government. We live in California. I tried calling the court to them about his arrest but nothing came of it.

    Can I get this thrown out without going to court or can I deal with this in court without a lawyer? I just want to explain that he had a job this whole time. Money is tight right now because I've had to find a babysitter for my daughter when I'm working now because my ex is in custody.

    submitted by /u/legal_throwaway87
    [link] [comments]

    Employer Wants to Track Us on Personal Phone

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:06 AM PST

    Here is a short version of what I have going on in the workplace.

    I work in sales (B2B) and internally they have been developing an app for us to use in the market. They say it's for statistics and to help us narrow down our markets to become more productive. So far it's been used to micro-manage the sales team. We are salary, they are now having us "clock in", and to track us.

    I just found out the app was tracking us using background location services all day every day. They just told us that the app will no longer do this, that's how we all just found out. Now it will only track us when we are clocked in. Is this legal? These are our personal phones that we have to download this app that tracks us. They give us a small amount of money for our phones each month (42%), but does that allow them to track us?

    submitted by /u/anonfortacos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment