• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 25, 2020

    Legal Advice - My wife had to have surgery. We were told it would be $1300. Ended up being $4500 because her doctor didn’t tell us s the hospital would have a $3200 fee.

    Legal Advice - My wife had to have surgery. We were told it would be $1300. Ended up being $4500 because her doctor didn’t tell us s the hospital would have a $3200 fee.


    My wife had to have surgery. We were told it would be $1300. Ended up being $4500 because her doctor didn’t tell us s the hospital would have a $3200 fee.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 05:35 AM PST

    My wife's doctor told her she needed surgery. Her family has a history of cancer. Three of her grandparents and both of her parents have died from it. So we want to do everything we can to stay alert.

    Before the surgery she had to do a financial worksheet at the doctors office laying out all of their costs for the procedure. The financial worksheet they gave said the surgery was $1300 out of pocket.

    A month later we get an additional bill from the hospital for $3200 more. She called the doctors financial person and asked why she wasn't told there would be a separate hospital fee. Her doctor's office said that the hospital bill is a separate fee and that we should've known and expected it.

    How would someone know or expect that? I have had knee surgeries done before and there's never been a separate fee from the hospital that I had to pay.

    That's a significant unexpected expense. Is there anything we can do?

    Sorry for leaving it out of the original post. We live in the state of Georgia

    submitted by /u/yackofalltradescoach
    [link] [comments]

    Non-Custodial mother thought my 15yo daughter how to perform oral sex on men, encouraged her to sneak out of our home at 3am to meet with a boy for a sexual encounter, and supplied prescription meds in someone else's name that my daughter eventually overdosed on (GA/SC)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:53 PM PST

    First and foremost, to anyone reading, I appreciate your time and I thank you. This is by all means very unpleasant to write and it will be quite the ride.

    Here we go:

    The non custodial mother (SC Resident) and I (GA Resident) have been legally divorced for over 14 years, we have two children together, the oldest is now 18 years old, and our youngest is now 15 years old. Over the years I've obtained full physical custody of both of them, she was allowed a visitation schedule of every other weekend + every Tuesday and Thursday, however she chose to only visit 3 times per year for a combined 2.5 months per year (summer and winter breaks).

    She has always been very resentful towards me and bad mouthed me to our children any chance she got, I never really cared and refused to bad mouth her back because in all honesty it wasn't worth my time and I did not want my children to be stuck in the middle of a trash talking battle.

    Things have gotten progressively worse over the years with the non custodial mother progressively finding ways to undermine decisions made in my home and continuously painting me as a terrible person with zero proof nor reason to her claims. I spent my earlier years as a single father putting myself through college and eventually opening a business, it wasn't easy by any means but I did it, and did it all while she made two more children with two other men, one of the men ended up turning out to be a pedophile and heavy meth abuser while the second man left shortly after fathering a child with her to also pursue an addiction to meth. It is important to mention that the second man I mentioned has told me personally that he met my ex wife while she was prostituting herself.

    Back to the main story, my 15 yo daughter confided in her mother that her and a friend of hers planned on sneaking out of my home late at night this past Saturday to meet up with a boy she had been chatting with, the non-custodial mother not only encouraged this but also bought her lube, condoms, and gave her a lesson on how to perform oral sex on a man. All incredibly disgusting things. Thank the heavens, the plan fell through and after sneaking out of the home, the car my daughter was riding in was pulled over and my daughter was brought back home by a police officer. Once finding out of this incident, my wife and I removed all forms of technology from my daughter and grounded her to her room where I gave her a very passionate talk about how incredibly stupid her actions were and went over the type of scenarios she could've found her self in when putting herself in that type of situation and how I will need to take some type of legal action towards her mother to ensure the cancerous advice stopped immediately.

    Fast forward to Sunday, it is noon and my daughter is still in bed, in an effort to make her feel better I asked her to ride downtown with me to clear her mind and grab something to eat. She was very tired and looked very depleted. Within a few minutes she confessed to my wife that she had taken over a dozen pills the night before in an effort to hurt herself, the pills were prescription pills (prescribed to someone else) used as anti depressant that my ex wife gave to my daughter to help her gain weight, important to state here that my daughter is petite but by all means nowhere near malnourished, we eat incredibly healthy in this home and do not skip meals.

    After a 24 hour hospital visit my daughter has now been transferred to a pediatric psych ward where she's receiving mandatory help on how to cope with negative events in a better manner.

    My daughter is an incredibly smart young woman with a great future ahead of her. I need to absolutely stop the cancerous influence her mother is constantly injecting into her.

    Here is what I have done so far:

    • Filed a police report for the prescription medication with my local police department (GA).
    • Notified SC's Child Protective Services of the lesson on oral sex and prescription meds my ex provided to my daughter.

    What else can I possibly do to ensure my ex STOPS this toxic behavior that's putting my daughter's life in danger??

    submitted by /u/No-Lifeguard6524
    [link] [comments]

    Business owner felt sick on 11/19. Came to work on 11/20 and held a lunch meeting with many employees. Masks on and off during the lunch. Felt worse that night. Tested positive for covid and waited until 11/25 to inform the office that she and 3-4 others were positive.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 05:46 PM PST

    So now the office is only being told they'll close for the 4 day holiday and get a deep cleaning. But reopen Monday. Multiple people tested positive. No mandated 2 week quarantine for the dozen or more that were in contact. How can this be legal and what can anyone do if they're infected now due to their delay in information many more have had contact and possible infections.

    submitted by /u/Mixitman
    [link] [comments]

    Earlier in the year, l found a hunting tree-stand on the edge of my property, facing towards my property so l took it down, today my wife noticed that someone had put a hunting blind roughly 30' from my property line, but facing towards my property. What can l do?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:23 AM PST

    I bought a few trail cams that I'll install, and lm adding more posted signs, which there's already a bunch. Is there any legal action l could take, or have it removed? My wife and l walk our dog along our property, we have trails all over it.

    Western upstate ny

    submitted by /u/HappyPigBoy
    [link] [comments]

    My husband was fired today... because a subordinate pointed a loaded gun at him ��

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:11 AM PST

    A subordinate pointed a loaded gun at his supervisor (my husband) when he confronted him about sitting in his car all day at the job site instead of working. This subordinate doesn't have a concealed carry permit but keeps a loaded firearm in his passenger side door. My husband immediately informed the head of the company about what just happened and the entire altercation is captured on video. The owner told my husband not to report it and then the subordinate wqs given a "talking to" by the owner of the company. He used this as an opportunity to basically tell the owner a whole bunch of lies regarding my husband as well as that he had worked alone the day this all happened (which is against regulation) even though he was only working alone because the subordinate took off in a hurry after my husband called their boss.

    So today, my husband was fired and meanwhile the rabid piece of shit who thinks he can point a loaded weapon at people during arguments gets to keep his job and isn't being penalized in any way. Keep in mind, the company has a strict "no weapons" policy on all job sites and the employee was and is well aware of that.

    My husband should file a police report, right? Surely the subordinate committed a crime, and by not reporting it (and telling the ex sup to not report it as well) couldn't the owner be charged with a crime as well? We live in Colorado for the record.

    submitted by /u/caitcatsmokesdope
    [link] [comments]

    Legality of hiding a camera in my disabled mother's care home room (Arizona)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:04 PM PST

    My mom lives in an adult care home in Arizona. My dad hires a private caregiver to take care of her during the day, but the private caregiver cannot be there 7 days a week or at night. He suspects that the night and weekend staff may not be doing their job and are not changing her or particularly giving her her medicine. My mom is too heavily disabled to be able to tell us reliably if she's being taken care of properly.

    We would consider moving her, but she is extremely high maintenance on top of the fact that she will likely die before springtime next year.

    I would like to buy a small camera to hide in the room to make sure my mom is being cared for properly but I'm not sure if that would be legal. Arizona is a one-party consent state, but I'm not sure if the power of attorney my dad and I are named in for my mom would have any legal standing for giving consent.

    Would this be legal? What aspects am I not considering?

    submitted by /u/JustAThrowaway814738
    [link] [comments]

    I called to complain to my ISP about not receiving promised internet speeds; he then proceeded to shut off my service with no warning.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:18 PM PST

    First off, I live in Washington state. I'm a self employed during this pandemic; which means that I've been working from home to ensure the safety of everyone around me. I live in a somewhat rural area so I pay about $60 for 10Mbps download and 5Mbps upload from a privately owned ISP. However, for the last few months I've been experiencing HORRIBLE slowdowns to the point of receiving 1.65Mbps download and .06Mbps upload MAX. I was attempting to upload some graphics for a local business today, but what should have taken 5 minutes to upload was taking well over 1 hour. I called to complain about the speeds and to ask for a resolution only to be met with the response "deal with it or find a better service" and then he disconnected the internet with no warning. We've already paid for this month and the only other available service in my area has data caps which isn't viable with trying to make a living from sending orders to people online. Is there anything I can do?

    Furthermore, I find it disgusting that in a time where working or going to school from home is necessary that an internet service provider would shut off the service with prejudice. Just my ¢2.

    submitted by /u/TooStonedTv
    [link] [comments]

    I’m deployed and my ex refuses to return my things

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:55 PM PST

    I'm in the military and deployed, and left my things with my then-gf for safekeeping. She's got two of my computers and all the peripherals, some personal documents, the key to my storage unit, and our dog. She broke up with me near the middle of my tour, and we obviously have been on uneasy terms.

    She recently accused me of cheating on her since being gone (I didn't), and refuses to turn over my things to a trusted friend back home. A mutual friend told me she wanted to sell or destroy things. I really don't care to mend things with my ex at this point, and only want my things back after a very long tour and year so I can cut ties afterwards. I have been patient because I know 2020 is a rough year, but I only see messages about how giving back thousands of dollars worth of stuff is the least important thing for her right now.

    I go home in the next month. Is my best and only bet to wait and then ask for police to help me get my stuff?

    Our dog is in my name on pet records, but I feel unsure about taking him back after being gone so long. I'm not sure how to prove all the computers she has are mine, outside of maybe old receipts from when I built them? I really just want my stuff, and as little contact with my ex as needed so I can move on from that stage of my life.

    Thank you in advance, I hope this isn't the wrong sub.

    edit: home is in TX, USA

    submitted by /u/FanGirlorian
    [link] [comments]

    I had an emergency appendectomy and I'm stuck with a $43k hospital bill

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:48 AM PST

    Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/hmu6x6/i_had_an_emergency_appendectomy_and_now_my/

    Florida.

    tl;dr My insurance company says hospital was in-network but surgeon and Dr. we're not. Even though it was an emergency surgery I have to pay $43k bill.

    1. I jumped through every hoop for 6 months. I wrote 2 appeal letters. I had 2 appeal calls. I've waited for them to send me these ridiculous appeal (accept/deny) letters that they keep sending to the wrong addresses. Today I got the 1st one that said they denied my appeal.
    2. What do I do? They claim during my emergency I should have asked if the surgeon was in-network which is fucking ridiculous. I was told I had no time and taken to the OR waiting room immediately.
    submitted by /u/hawaiianshirtday2
    [link] [comments]

    Just learned my wife was involved in a hit and run accident, while under the influence. With my 2 minor children in the vehicle.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 05:34 PM PST

    This happened about a hour ago in Illinois. And I'm 10 hrs away in Oklahoma. She clipped another car on the highway, said f**k it and when on about herself. Cops seen her swerving and were aware of the collision. They found a 3/4 drank pint of vodka in her van. What she blew is not known at this time. My 2 kids in the car uninjured thank god. My in-laws only lived 30min away so they picked up the kids, Van is impounded. So I've attempted to research Illinois law. And I'm coming up with. A hit and run, possible dui, and child endangerment... are we talking felony charges? You guys think there's a chance of posting bail tonight? I have no idea where they took her. Not even sure where to start.

    submitted by /u/milf-stalker
    [link] [comments]

    My father paid a lawyer to seal and/or erase medical records that would prove that he sexually abused me as a child. [CT]

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:54 AM PST

    Hi all, My father is a pedo and constantly sexually abused me as a child. I went to the hospital on numerous occasions for anal and jaw injuries. My father covered his tracks well and at some point in time (when I was still only a child), I remember him getting a lawyer or other authority of some sort to seal / erase these records. He told this authority that he cared about me and didn't want this on my record for my own mental health / didn't want me to remember the trauma of these hospital visits. Obviously, being a child, I couldn't do much to stop him.

    I am wondering 1) how is this even possible? because Google says no, but my memory is very clear regarding this, and 2) do I, now an adult, have any way to access these records, for example if I figure out which lawyer it was or something?

    I understand this is a long shot - this happened over 10 years ago now, but would like some honest opinions from people who know more about legal stuff than me.

    submitted by /u/darkchocolate48
    [link] [comments]

    [OH] Local auction site bids on its own items till you reach your max amount.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:31 PM PST

    There is a local auction site in Ohio I have nought items from. The other day I had noticed a someone with a account I seen before drove a item up to the max amount I had set. I did some further investigation into past auctions in my records and its always the same person. They only start to bid when the item is around 1 hour left and they never win it because it always stops at a price just under the max amount people set on the site. I have read it is illegal but also legal depending on if they disclose it.

    This is what their TOS says about the site

    XXXXX.com reserves the right to end, delay, or extend the length of any auction, or time of pick-up, for any reason, at any time. In addition, any item may be removed from the online auction at any time, without warning. XXXXX.com also reserves the right to refuse sale, at any time, before payment is made.

    I'm not sure if it is or isnt legal for them to bid on their own stuff with what their TOS says but I would think it is illegal to use the information people put into their site to run the price up to their max amount regardless of if they disclosed they bid or not.

    Any info would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/asterik216
    [link] [comments]

    Is filling out a dementia patients’ ballot legal when they are not aware of what’s happening? Just learned that my mother filled out my grandfather with severe dementia’s absentee ballot for Trump in Nevada.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:47 AM PST

    (California) Who do I report to if my package has been tempered with?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:40 PM PST

    It's a bit embarrassing but I ordered a sex toy (from Texas) and it was clear that the package has been resealed and the sex toy packaging itself has also been opened.

    Do I report it to the company that I ordered it from or the postal service?

    submitted by /u/CITYcommaSTATE
    [link] [comments]

    Someone is threatening my wife and kids - advice needed

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:18 PM PST

    Today, I have received two emails from someone threatening my family, including my wife and son. Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/gpJ8pF7

    If you are involved in law enforcement or criminal law, I would be happy for some advice on how to handle this. I have never received such a vile series of messages before. Clearly, police need to be informed, but then what?

    I operate a public YouTube channel and multimedia company, and they emailed me at my business email.

    submitted by /u/craiggroshek
    [link] [comments]

    My Ex-Boss owes me $1000, won’t pay.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:10 PM PST

    This occurred in Missouri.

    So in March I started a new job, basically an apprentice/laborer for this guys contracting business. I was not a w-2 employee, but an independent contractor. But due the nature of the job being hourly pay and Monday through Friday , it was like I was an employee.

    On Nov 9th, I got a $595 check that was charged back ($12 fee) . That night I told him I quit because I was tired of cleaning up his temper tantrums and dealing with his incompetence. Didn't mention the incessant racism, bitterness, assholeness. Insulting pissing match followed. That night his truck got broken into he thinks it was me (wasn't). On Nov 10, deposited the check. On Nov 12, it was charged back. I do not believe it just bounce for a few reasons. In August a 308 $ check bounced and I didn't realize til a few weeks later, never said anything (was still on good terms and thought he was short on cash at the moment). That check was "adjusted" immediately, not "charged back two days later. Also, never got paid for my last day $85.

    In total, $1000.

    I went to work for a guy that he labored us out too this summer. He's telling him I was drinking and smoking on the job, a danger to others, etc etc.

    THIS IS WHERE IT GETS JUICY

    Monday night, my coworker got his last check, boss basically fired him when he asked to come back after a few weeks off because he hurt his ankle. My coworker (friend since middle school) calls me saying my boss said he's gonna shoot me if I show up to his house (he's living in the flip house we were working on). I was gonna go to return t-shirts, and try and get my money, not anymore.

    Last night, my coworker searched his name on google. Found a blog post on him that stated he scammed a business partner around $200,000. He lost the court case with $1.7 million settlement. Also, stole from a trust between him and his sister from his parents estate. He's been in over 200 court cases in my metro area. FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, in 2019 he has had an order of protection filed against him for "proved allegations of domestic violence, stalking and/or sexual assault. Valid for 4 years, disallows him from owning a firearm for the duration of the order. He showed me and my coworker a shotgun a few months ago...

    So what do I do? Contractors lien? Small claims court? Call the FBI and give a tip of a man with a gun who isn't allowed to have one?

    TLDR: Independent contractor that worked for hourly, m-f, got shafted for $1000 when I quit. Found dirt on him.

    submitted by /u/AngleGrinderAnus
    [link] [comments]

    The City is forcing private homeowners to fix their sidewalks but giving commercial homeowners a pass. Could this be a violation of the Equal Protections Clause?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:40 AM PST

    In New York City, the property owner is required to fix their sidewalks. The law applies equally to everyone. Yet, the Department of Transportation (DOT) has a different policy depending on homeowner: If it's a 1-3 family home, the DOT sends a violation and if the sidewalk isn't fixed within 45 days, they hire a contractor and send a bill. The property owner has no choice but to pay.

    Yet, if it's a 4+ family or commercial property, they just send a violation (without a monetary penalty) and have a internal policy of not fixing the sidewalk and not sending a bill. So it's all up to the kindness of the property owner's heart.

    A senior DOT person has personally confirmed their policy to me in emails.

    The result is some sidewalks are nice and clean while others are broken and dangerous. One sidewalk next to a commercial property recently collapsed and sent a man down into a rat nest (and eventually a hospital, thankfully he survived).

    Is there anything here in terms of the Equal Protection Clause? I know law enforcement has discretion and there is a thing called agency rulemaking but at the same time there is really a double standard here that puts a lot of people in danger.

    EDIT: *Equal Protection Clause. I don't know why I always heard a "s" at the end.

    EDIT 2: The headline should say property owners instead of homeowners. A storefront for instance is not a home.

    submitted by /u/mikewhoneedsabike
    [link] [comments]

    Roommate moved in another person and they won’t leave. Anything I can do legally?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:18 PM PST

    Earlier this year I moved into an apartment with a very close friend (Let's call her Jill). 5 months before we moved in, she broke up with her live-in boyfriend (Let's call him Stan), so when we were preparing to sign the lease Jill told me they were done, romantically, and (other than a few visits here and there) I wouldn't have to see him. I don't like Stan AT ALL, and I'd prefer not to see him, so it's pretty safe to assume I don't want him in my house, correct?

    2 months later Jill and I lose our jobs, and while I was working a side job and getting financial help from my parents, Stan was paying Jills half of the bills. It started out as him staying over for a weekend, then gradually went to him spending every night here. I told Jill I was uncomfortable with that (for more reasons than one) and she told me he wasn't going to leave and basically there was nothing I could do about it.

    In response, I contacted our leasing office and notified them that she was in violation of our lease (by having a guest stay longer than 3 days), to which they did nothing. I'm at my wits end, and Jill has made me so uncomfortable, I just want this to be over with, and I want them out. I live in Ohio, is there anything I can do legally to remove BOTH Jill and Stan?

    tldr: My roommate moved in her boyfriend illegally, the leasing office won't do anything, and I want them both out. Is there any action I can take in Ohio...?

    submitted by /u/nicolereddit201
    [link] [comments]

    Shein stole my idea

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 04:27 PM PST

    I make earrings and I post them on instagram, Shein must of seen one of my posts because there's an exact copy of one my earring on their website. Is there anyway I can get them to remove the earrings from their website?

    submitted by /u/qtftrutti
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord says I'm behind in rent but won't tell me which months

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:26 PM PST

    I got an email from my landlord this month telling me I was 2 months behind on rent. I have sent every month this year and have the checks to prove it. I asked him to tell me which months and he didnt response for weeks. I then told him I had proof of all of my payments for the year and he still said I was behind that he needed my bank records to match up with his.

    He is notoriously unorganized and has lost rents before from people. I feel like Is it up to him to tell me where I am behind as opposed to me having to prove payment. Theoretically he could find a payment I don't have a recipt for from years ago and then claim those are the month. I paid some with money orders years ago and may not have those right on hand. I just find it odd that he wont just say its june and july as opposed to having to show my reciepts match his which he wont give me.

    submitted by /u/throwupandaway910
    [link] [comments]

    30 M- Denver - Wasn’t on lease, roommate kicked me out and left me homeless during pandemic

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:19 PM PST

    What are my options? Happened 2 weeks ago.

    submitted by /u/openyoureyes89
    [link] [comments]

    Can my apartment complex decide to charge me for picking up packages late mid lease?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 06:30 PM PST

    My "luxury" apartment complex changed management this summer and it's really going downhill. Before if you received a package it would go to the mail room. The automated system would text you and you could go down, enter your passcode and a locker would open with your package.

    A few weeks ago we got an email that said they were implementing a new rule. If you didn't pick up your package within two days they would charge you $10 a day until you came to pick it up. You wouldn't be able to retrieve any packages until you gave them your payment info. You can enable "vacation mode" after you sign up which makes all packages undeliverable.

    They decided to suddenly implement this in the middle of thanksgiving week when people were out of town. I got an unexpected package which will cost $50 by the time I return.

    Can they do this in the middle of a lease? If not what should I do?

    I'm in Texas in case that's relevant.

    Edit: here is what my lease says about packages. Not sure I understand it.

    1. RIGHT TO USELOCKERS. Resident shall have the right to use the package lockers as part of a package delivery system at the property in accordance with this Addendum through the date on which Resident's right to occupy the Unit has been terminated. Provided, however, Owner shall have the right to terminate Resident's right to use the lockers prior to the termination of Resident's right to occupy the Unit for any reason, including: (i) the property is no longer served by a package delivery system; (ii) in Owner's sole discretion, the lockers are no longer in a condition to store packages; or (iii) Owner gives Resident as least 30 days prior written notice of Owner's intent to discontinue the use of lockers in the apartment community. Resident acknowledges that the lockers are to be used only in connection with the package delivery system set up by the independent contractor package delivery service serving the property. Resident shall be responsible for removing all items from any lockers in a timely fashion, but no later than the date on which Resident's right to use the lockers is terminated. In the event that Resident's right to use the locker is terminated, Owner shall have the right to enter the lockers by whatever means necessary and remove and dispose of any contents in the lockers.

    2. SET-UP CHARGES. Resident will pay a one-time set-up fee of $0.00 for package locker, which is the amount charged by the service provider and/or administrative and account costs, which Owner may have to expend in the set-up of the service.

    3. ACCEPTANCE OF PACKAGES. Resident acknowledges and agrees that Owner does not accept packages on behalf of Resident, but has provided the lockers for Resident's use and arranged for _________________, an independent contractor vendor that has set up a package delivery system for residents at the property. Resident acknowledges that the lockers can be used only in connection with the approved package delivery system. Resident acknowledges that Resident's use of the lockers and package delivery system is at the sole discretion of Resident and that Resident's use and payment for the system will be governed by a separate agreement between Resident and the company that has set up the system. Owner is not responsible for the conduct or performance of any package delivery company or system, or malfunction of locker, or for damaged, lost, stolen or misplaced packages.

    4. AUTHORIZATION FOR ACCEPTANCE. Resident understands and agrees that if the locker is full, packages may be released to Management.Resident authorizes Landlord to accept packages and deliveries from _________________ or other service industries. Resident understands that this service is provided as a convenience to Resident and Resident agrees to not hold Landlord responsible for accepting the package or delivery in the event of loss, theft or damage. Resident also acknowledges that Landlord representatives are not required to sign for delivery nor is it the responsibility of the Landlord to notify Resident when packages are received. Resident further authorizes Landlord to release any and all packages received through this Release to Resident or any authorized occupant identified in this Agreement.

    5. ADDITIONAL MONTHLY RENT. By signing below, Resident agrees to pay an additional monthly rent of $0.00 in the same time and manner Resident pays rent pursuant to the Lease which allows Resident access to the lockers and package delivery system. Resident acknowledges that the additional monthly rent shall be in addition to any other fees or charges paid to the any package delivery company arranged for by Resident. Resident further understands and agrees that the monthly rent may increase with 30-days advance notice.

    6. CONTENTS OF LOCKERS. The lockers shall be used for the delivery of packages only. Resident shall not store any items in any lockers. Resident agrees that utilizing the lockers in violation of applicable laws or for any criminal purpose shall constitute a violation of this Addendum. Resident agrees to never have delivered to any lockers the following items: (i) flammable or explosive substances, fuel, fireworks, rags, piles of paper, firearms or other dangerous articles, substances or materials that may create a fire or environmental hazard; or (ii) food or other perishables, or items which are subject to infestation by vermin or which may leak or omit odors.

    Release and indemnity. Resident acknowledges that the lockers are provided as an accommodation and option to Resident, without assuming any obligation or liability by Owner or Owner's affiliates, Management, employees or agents,

    Owner reserves the right to change, modify or discontinue use of the package delivery system for any reason. Resident agrees that the discontinuance is not a reduction in services and will not impact the lease agreement between the Parties.

    submitted by /u/dr2ptflexibility
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have a case?? Damages. So many damages.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:53 PM PST

    Didn't think I'd have to pull out the throwaway account but here we are since my abuser knows my other account. California.

    Here includes 3 parties involved.

    A doctor. A mother. An 18 year old.

    I am suffering. I haven't been able to eat for the last 3 days and even before the 3 days I only consumed less than 300 calories. I started having eating troubles since November 1st.

    I am currently homeless in a hotel and quickly running out of money. Trying to fix that. With my dog too...

    It all started with a Fake ID.

    I dated a person who used a fake ID at the time we began talking. He was actually 17 at the time. Mind you I was 27 and now 28. He used this ID to meet me in person 13 days after his 18th birthday.

    He lied to me about his age until well after I had moved in.

    I had a very stable roommate for the last 8 years and always had a comfy home. I held down a job always and worked really hard to do and see the things I wanted.

    This person is a drug addict. He was in rehab 2 months before I met him and his mother slowly started to give everything back to him like alcohol, weed, and then ultimately his fake ID.

    He cleaned out my savings account, made me quit my job, drugged me, physically abused me, held me captive, wrecked my car, and then ultimately he and his mother conspired to abandon me in the middle of a pandemic.

    The amount of abuse on top of having to save his life twice by calling 911 due to his drug abuse has left me so torn. It's been really traumatic. I also found out he has abused 2 other women.

    I had taken him to a doctor that prescribed his mother Xanax because the doctor couldn't prescribed it to him because he was on the National Opioid watch list and didn't want to get in trouble.

    While he was abusing Xanax he was also huffing nitrious oxide. I told him I wouldn't take him to get it so he takes my car in the night and when I wake I found he did the entire box.

    This led to me losing my ability to drive my car because after the second time of him almost drowning and me saving him and calling 911 he freaks out and steals it evading the help that was there for him. Mind you the car was in my ex boyfriends name so I am fucked there.

    They locked me out of my own home. Still have possession of my things. Then they served a temp restraining order filled with lies to hurt me even more. Now I am out money for an attorney and I am sure this is exactly what they wanted.

    This has caused me so much anxiety and depression that I am actively contemplating suicide, again.

    He abused me on Halloween and I OD'd on purpose to kill myself because I could no longer watch the person I love abuse me so much.

    I have a lot of evidence of everything stated also.

    What's my recourse? Please help.

    submitted by /u/sinkingstella
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment