• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 10, 2020

    Legal Advice - My boss constantly drives past my apartment to see if I'm home while on the clock

    Legal Advice - My boss constantly drives past my apartment to see if I'm home while on the clock


    My boss constantly drives past my apartment to see if I'm home while on the clock

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Hi, so the title is a little messy so here's some context: I live in the town that I work in. I have a municipal job where I'm 50% in the office and 50% in the field doing inspections. When I first moved into town I told my boss which building I moved to as part of a personal conversation (or so I thought). Now every time he asks me to do something and I fail to do it right then and there he gets on my case and feels the need to drive past my apartment building to see if there is a car matching mine on the street and asks what its doing there (the car that I use with the Municipal Government plates). Is this right? I've never given him a reason to suspect that I'm not actually doing work. My reports seem to reflect that enough. Does he have the right to know where I live and use that information against me to check on me throughout the day? Plenty of employees live in town and they are not checked up on...

    submitted by /u/cjmurray614
    [link] [comments]

    My ex sent someone to take the paternity test for him. And now I have proof.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I've always known who her biological father was. He's in the army; when she was a couple months old, his mom and I tracked him down through the Red Cross (because he wouldn't give anyone his address) and they MADE him come to tn for 24 hours. In those 24 hours, we had a private paternity test done. He was the only one emailed the results. He sent me a screen shot of this email with hundreds of thousands of allele match ups, and in a MUCH smaller font, was the "0%" of possibility of paternity. I used my lady brain and knew this was altered or messed with. So I opened up a case with the child support office and we had a court ordered test conducted. For this test, he was out of state. This was all before she was 8 months old. These results (which i received in the mail) showed 0 allele match ups and 0% possibility of paternity. The two test were done by the same company, but the allele matches were completely and vastly different. I've struggled with this so hard for the past 5+ years because I KNEW something was off. Fast forward, I got my daughter an ancestry DNA kit this past February. His grandmother is of a certain specific nationality so I was just curious how much of her was too. Lo and behold, he had an ancestry profile from the year before we got together and matched to her as her father. I've been in contact with the child support office the past month to see if we could get ahold of the company who performed the test. I wanted to know why they could be obviously conflicting. When my daughter was swabbed for the 2nd test (court ordered) her picture and finger prints were taken. I've been contacting the company who did the test and the child support office (they've been a big help; couldn't have done this without them) to see if there was any way that I could get a copy of the first test (clearly altered) and to see if the picture and finger prints matched his when the 2nd test was conducted. The lady from the child support office called me today and asked if I could come by to look at the picture of him when he was swabbed for the court ordered test when he was in out of state. I said absolutely. I have always thought that he had someone else take the 2nd test. It would explain why the allele matches were not the same. It was not him in the picture. He sent someone with his ID in to take the paternity test so it would come back that she was not his child. I intend to take legal action against him for fraud/conspiracy. What will happen to him?? Is it worth it to take him to court over this atrocity he's done?

    submitted by /u/SnooPineapples9020
    [link] [comments]

    Legally binding prenup?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    I (35F) got engaged earlier this year. I make about ten times what my fiancé makes and I own a home worth about $700k. He does not own real estate and does not currently have any significant assets. Fiancé refuses to get a prenup, saying it's like planning for divorce. I am really uncomfortable getting married without a prenup given I am the only one who has something to lose here financially. He seemed most upset when I mentioned he would need to get his own lawyer to make it valid. My question is: since it's the lawyers that make him uncomfortable, would a prenup without a lawyer have any validity? For example, if we just wrote down on a piece of paper "In case of divorce, neither party will seek alimony, and the property at 123 main st is solely the property of wife" and signed it would that hold up in court?

    Edit to add: currently in California, moving to non community property state within the year.

    submitted by /u/Outside-Theme4672
    [link] [comments]

    I was featured in a YouTube video, along with my classmates, from a guy raiding high school zoom classes. He says some very offensive things throughout the video. Can I/my classmates get his video removed on grounds of featuring us without permission?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    There is a youtuber who joined various classes on our first day of online high school the other day. He just published his video yesterday that contains myself and some of my classmates who are also upset about being featured on the video. It features my teachers as well who are at the primary expense of his antics. Do we have any right to get this video removed? I would also be ok with it getting removed on the grounds of being highly inappropriate, but I'm pretty sure that is subject to YouTubes terms and guidelines.

    Edit: I am in Ohio, in the United States.

    submitted by /u/LordHyperBowser
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] Landlord withheld $6400+ of security deposit for absurdly high cleaning costs and has provided “receipts” for services that aren’t listed on the itemized deductions list. Is there legal recourse?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    My landlord has been extremely unreasonable and difficult to deal with from the day we signed our lease. He sent us an itemized list of deductions to our security deposit but they were mostly long descriptions of things that needed repair with no receipts.

    Since then, we have sent a dispute letter requesting refunds for unjust costs and receipts for the repairs performed. He has sent invoices and screenshots of checks and payments sent to workers supposedly performing these repairs that already exceeds the deposit amount withheld. However, there are major inconsistencies with the deductions list such as claiming he needed to replace the carpet when he ended up just deep cleaning it (which we already did before we left).

    He also does not seem to have completed all the repairs as listed in the itemized deductions list but the cost of the major repairs (carpet and tile cleaning, gardening) has already exceeded the total deposit withheld. My thought is that though he has spent this money on further cleaning and repairs, we should not be held responsible for such costs if they are not justified in the first place or if they were not listed in the itemized deductions list (carpet replacement that was quoted vs carpet cleaning or extensive gardening). Also, if he has overspent on the repairs quoted, is that justified against our security deposit?

    Per our lease terms, we want to seek mediation before ultimately going to small claims course. Would love any advice or guidance.

    Edit: The total security deposit was $9500 and these are the itemized deductions loosely grouped together as we asked him to split out the costs by room for our accounting convenience -

    Replacement Window Frame and Screen (documented pre-existing) - 100

    Shower Seal Repair (not sure what was wrong with it and he hasn't fixed it) - 200

    Patching and painting walls (there was pre-existing damage based on the breakdown of the locations specified) - 1100

    Various Remotes and Keys Not Listed in Lease (not even sure what he is referencing when saying we need to replace these) - 140

    Carpet Replacement (said was necessary due to not being able to get stains out but ended up spending more on further cleaning, no replacement) - 900

    Carpet Repair/Stretching (the only room in the house that didn't seem to have carpet issues so it seems like he just threw it in) - 250

    Deep Cleaning by Housekeepers (we already spent $700+ on deep cleaning using the vendors he specified and at their rate of $20/hr this would be 65 addt'l labor hours) - 1300

    Steam Cleaning of Tile Floor and Grout (pre-existing dirt in grout before we moved in, downstairs is all tile floor) - 700

    Refinishing of rails and cabinets (pre-existing documented damage) - 525

    Replacement of various items (water filters, smoke alarm batteries, HVAC filters - which we replaced before moving out and also cost a fraction of the quoted price) - 495

    Gardening (we already spent $80 on specific tree trimming and also had regular monthly gardening) - 650

    Trash Removal (unsure what this trash is and no receipt provided) - 50

    submitted by /u/dogreactsonly
    [link] [comments]

    [NE] my wife was forced to take administrative leave because they think she has a substance abuse problem. She does not.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    My wife has worked at an electric company for 2 years. My wife's sister is a close friend of one of my wife's coworker. The sister started spreading rumors with friends and family that my wife has been drinking and abusing pills. Which is not true. One day at work they sent her to get a breathalyzer and do a drug test. She passed both. They told her to go home once that was completed and they'll let her know when to return. A week later they told her they have signed her up for FMLA and they will be using all her sick leave to pay her while she's off. We are on week 2 and still haven't heard an update. Is there anything we can do legal wise? They forced her to take FMLA and use her sick leave. She is fit for work. Passed all drug test and breathalyzer.

    submitted by /u/Allofuckedupmyyard
    [link] [comments]

    [TN] Landlord won't let my friend move in and is requiring him to find someone to take over lease

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I have a friend who signed a lease with a popular student housing option in our town. On move-in day, they told him he will not be allowed to move in without submitting a guarantor, and if he cant, that he is obligated to find someone to take over the lease. This seems sketchy because I had the impression that guarantors sign the lease concurrently with the landlord and tenant, and if they don't render services as expressed in the signed lease, they are in breach of contract. Does this sound like breach of contract and what would be his options for recourse?

    submitted by /u/ClassicProtein
    [link] [comments]

    Paid $500 to buy gift card at a Kroger but the gift card failed to activate, Kroger refused to refund

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    I tried to buy couple gift cards at Kroger a week ago. I made the first purchase of a $500 gift card, the purchase went through and the gift card was activated successfully. When I did the second purchase, i made a mistake, I scan the same card again(which has already been activated), I got charged again and it denied the activation because the card has already been activated. I asked the store and called the phone number on the receipt, they refuse to refund me or give me a replacement gift card.

    Now the two $500 charges are posted on my two credit cards, and I have the two receipts showing that I paid for the same gift card twice, of course there is only $500 on the gift card not $1000

    What do I do. I asked couple lawyers they don't want to take the case.

    If I file a small claim at the court, who should I sue? That Kroger store I bought card from or Kroger corporate? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Lex_yeon
    [link] [comments]

    My abusive ex is suing me in San Francisco for totally nonsense. I live in NY, have a restraining order against him and have full custody of our daughter. The same claims were already dismissed in an action he started in NY. Anyone know where I can get legal assistance?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I am out of money to pay for another lawyer and the San Francisco Superior court is making it impossible to represent myself although I did in NY and they dismissed his duplicate suing case.

    The SF court accepted my motion to dismiss twice (it rejected it 5 other times until I did it correctly). But each hearing the judge tells me he has not read my motion and I need to do more "homework". I already did! Just yesterday my ex was awarded almost $30,000 against me for lawyer fees. All the money I have saved is for our daughter. Anyone know how I can get pro bono legal help or at minimum get the judge to acknowledge my motion? I already tried every DV/pro bono legal group I could find.

    submitted by /u/FairiesQueen
    [link] [comments]

    My husband is married to another woman

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    Hi all- I already know I need an attorney and I have a consultation this morning but posting here to see if there's any information that can help.

    I've been married to my husband since 01/25/2019 in Vermont.

    He got married to another woman in Florida in 2012 and there was no divorce before marrying me (I've seen the marriage certificate- it's legit).

    As far as I know I can get an annulment, but considering bigamy is illegal is there a way to press for a criminal charge? Or some sort of way for him to face justice for what he did. Is annulment the best Avenue? Do I qualify for annulment even if our marriage wasn't legal due to his other marriage? Thanks in advance for any info, past couple days has been insane.

    submitted by /u/LostCod
    [link] [comments]

    Told I am doing a 30(b)(6) deposition for my employer and not comfortable with this.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I would really appreciate some perspectives on this as it is causing me a lot of stress and anxiety.

    I received a meeting invite to my work email from an external attorney recently and was told out of nowhere that I was selected to be a corporate expert witness for an upcoming 30(b)(6) deposition. Our in-house attorney and my manager later confirmed this.

    The case is over 6 years old and our company has gone through significant changes due to multiple mergers and acquisitions since then. I won't share too many details of the case but the allegation is wrongful termination and the plaintiff was terminated within about a week of me starting with the company, so I had no part in his employment or separation. I was able to locate some old policies from the time to provide to our legal team, but I genuinely do not recall many specifics about the company policies and practices at the time and certainly wouldn't say I can expertly speak to them.

    When the legal team was describing the process, they said I needed to confirm I understood I am under oath and said I cannot answer more than a couple questions with "I do not know" or "I do not recall", as the person selected for this type of deposition is expected to know almost all answers as the "corporate expert". I am anxious that even if I study the few policies I could find and the legal team prepares me, there could still be many questions I simply can't answer due to not being involved in the case or given our many changes since then. I expressed this as a concern to the legal team and my manager but was told I am "the only hope". They said they are confident in the case, but I am not confident in the role I am expected to play.

    I asked what my individual liability would be here and initially was told there was none and all of the liability rested with the company. Later, when I asked again because I didn't understand the point of taking an oath in that case, they said I would be held criminally liable if I was found to not have told the truth. I will not lie or intentionally mislead, but am having a hard time reconciling being told I need to answer questions without saying I don't know/can't recall even if that's the truth.

    I am feeling pressured into doing this by my employer despite saying I am not comfortable with it. If this were a case I had personally been involved in and the timeframe was shorter to where I could be more confident, I would have a different outlook on it.

    I appreciate your time in reading this and will appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

    Location: Maryland

    submitted by /u/CopperKettlesHT
    [link] [comments]

    Social Security sent me a letter saying that they overpaid my dead father.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    I'm assuming they're trying to come after me for the money, but from what I know, I'm not responsible for my parent's debts, correct? Just to be clear, they overpaid him, not me in any way. I never recieved survivor's benefits after his death. The letter states that this took place sometime between 2001 and 2002, at that time I would have been about 3 years old.

    I'm just curious if I actually have to pay this, or if I can get out of it. I'm planning on calling them to discuss this, but wanted to wait.

    EDIT: He passed in 2018. I live in Florida

    submitted by /u/Shmungey
    [link] [comments]

    Grandparents attempting to gain guardianship of child

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    I'm posting this for my partner. They contacted lawyers, but none have gotten back to them yet.

    For sake of ease, my partner is L, the child is K, the mom is R.

    We live in Wisconsin.

    R is an alcoholic in treatment (but failing) and relies heavily on her parents to care for K. They have been caring for her quite a lot, including taking over costs for her. They have never discussed these costs with L; they've never asked for child support, they do not discuss with L when they take K to the doctor, etc. Recently they bought K's school laptop without ever telling L they were going to do so. They do these things and then act as if L is neglectful and that doing these things is some kind of burden.

    L and R had a verbal agreement, via courts, that they would share custody of K.

    Recently it was decided by the maternals that L would get weekends and that R would get weekdays. L was not consulted on this decision, L was TOLD this decision. Despite the fact that L currently has a job where they are working Saturday - Monday nights. Then L was told the maternals would "cooperate" and L would be allowed to see K on Tuesdays because daycare is Wednesday through Friday. R's work schedule is 2 hours a night (9-11pm) six days a week, so she has open availability - so it isn't like this is a schedule that was designed around her work schedule.

    Simultaneously L has been given paperwork stating that the maternal grandparents are petitioning for full guardianship of K. It is assumed that R is 100% in agreement and supportive of this, but unclear because she doesn't give straight answers to L when they talk.

    Now, these grandparents are significantly more financially well off than L is, this is true. However, there has otherwise been no evidence to suggest that K is in need of new guardianship. And the job where L is working weekends at they are making significantly more money than they've made at any other job. The job has also upgraded them to be fulltime and this means benefits, including family insurance which will cover all of K's medical needs including vision and dental. The job also gives raises every 6 months and promotions pending seniority and performance. It's considered one of the best companies to work for in our city. L also just opened up a small business where they will be teaching a certified class once a week every week. So their money will be increased even further. They won't be able to match the grandparents, but they will have substantially more money than they have in the last 4 years of K's life.

    I told L that they need to get together all the insurance information, monetary information, as well as a formal letter of how the grandparents have been leaving them out of decisions and how they are a fit parent, but I'm not sure what else can be done here, if anything.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Phanestal
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] My mom started at a workplace where they hold daily prayers and she indicated that she was being pointed out for not going to church

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    As the title said, my mom started to work in a clinic where the employer holds a prayer session before beginning their work. My mom doesn't go to church and obviously felt uncomfortable in that situation. The employer led the procession, saying something like "iamfromjob's mother is not currently a believer and I pray that Lord, you will guide her to see the way..." It seemed that everyone working at the clinic is Christian except my mom. She did express to the employer that she felt uncomfortable in being mentioned during a prayer like that.

    I'm afraid that my mom will be let go and that will be due to her not being a believer. The employer gave 3 month probation and obviously they won't state that her belief is the reason if they dismiss her but with this type of environment, does my mom have a legal case?

    We're trying to move and the job is at a place that is quite far from where we currently live so she's trying to determine whether it's worth buying a house and moving to near the job when she doesn't know how long she's gonna last, both from her side and the employer's side.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/iamfromjobland
    [link] [comments]

    Dealership charged me for unauthorized extended diagnostics, won't give my car back

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    I'm dealing with a certain Toyota dealership in New York state.

    I was quoted a $139 diagnostic fee for an initial diagnostic, and I agreed.

    When I went back for my car, they told me they did an extended diagnostic since my car is a hybrid and the fee would be $475 total.

    I did not authorize this, but they falsely claim I gave "Verbal Agreement", will not allow me to pay $139, and will not give my car back unless I pay $475.

    What is my recourse here? I need my car to get to work, and it has been 3 days. I've asked for a signed authorization to prove I requested the extended diagnostic, but they won't produce one.

    I need help.

    submitted by /u/kagamiseki
    [link] [comments]

    I’m being sexually harassed by my lawyer

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Ok. This is the first time this is happening to me, so bear with me (PS, I'm a dude).

    I recently bought a new home and needed a real estate lawyer. My realtor recommended this guy as he does for all his clients.

    I go in to sign the papers, and we have some friendly chat. He tells me about a fundraiser and says he'll send me a link via text. Cool. I got my new home and I'm happy.

    That night, he starts texting, and jokes around about marriage. We had some friendly banter back and forth and all was fun. Then out of nowhere, he starts sending me nudes of his girlfriend (he's 50, I'm late 20s).

    He tells me they are swingers and he's REALLY pushing me to sleep with her, which I found weird as hell. He sent me about 4-5 more nudes to which I kept telling him it's not my thing.

    I was worried about him messing with my mortgage papers so I just kept responding, and then eventually stopped responding.

    Que 3 weeks later (yesterday). I find out that my line of credit is messed up and didn't go through (another story), so I have to message him. I do, and he responds says he'll work on it. That same night, he sends a text, then says "wrong client." After I respond with a thumbs up, he instantly sends me a nude of him doing anal with his wife.

    I respond with "dude wtf," to which he sends a "cheers."

    Last I heard. I need my home equity line of credit fixed so I still have to communicate with him.

    I'm worried about starting a war with him if I report him. Everything in my life is going well other than this. Last thing I need is a lawyer coming after me.

    Any suggestions? Just get my file done with and block him? This is in Ontario Canada.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/thrownawayRe
    [link] [comments]

    Found out my ex is a pedophile, he's trying to sue for defamation because a group of us are trying to expose him.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    I, along with a group of his other ex girlfriends as well as roommates have recently found out that he is a pedophile. Pedophile probably isn't the politically correct term, he's in his mid 20s and has made moves on teenage girls, including getting a 14-15 year old pregnant when he was over 18. We don't have any concrete evidence unfortunately, it's just things that we individually witnessed while we were with him that we don't have physical proof of. Some of these things include me witnessing him attempting to flirt with a 14 year old high school freshman that 100% LOOKED like a kid, as well as the aforementioned pregnancy and many many others. He's also a manipulator, psychological abuser, and pathological liar but that isn't really illegal I guess.

    He found out that we were trying to gather enough evidence to expose him and he has already contacted his lawyer to inquire about how he can sue for slander or defamation of character. He is also now going on social media and making up a ton of outlandish things to make himself look better. I guess what I'm asking is, does he have any legal standing? We have not used his name or anything like that in any social media posts as of yet. Apparently he already filed a police report for harassment, even though literally none of us reached out to him regarding this; he reached out to us to tell us to stop "spreading rumors".

    I have very little legal knowledge, I'm sorry if any of this sounds strange or I didn't use correct terminology!

    Edit: I'm in the US, specifically Ohio

    submitted by /u/the_pink_witch
    [link] [comments]

    Girlfriend got bit by a dog and owner is refusing to pay for medical bill

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Posted on r/personalfinance first then moved

    In early August, my girlfriend got bit by a German Shepherd that a former coworker/friend owns. The bite was mostly superficial but enough of a bite that I took my GF to the ER to get the wound cleaned and a tetanus shot.

    We are both dog lovers and we also did not want our friend getting in trouble. We did not report the owner/dog when we were at the ER because we did not want any trouble for the dog/owner. We just want the owner to pay the medical bill, which is ~$950. I have tried getting in contact with the owner to set something up, but have since been ghosted.

    Since we did not report we thought having the owner pay would be fair.

    I dont know if there are any steps we can take, so im just going to leave this post here and see what advice is given.

    Other background: we live in virginia

    submitted by /u/nouris1
    [link] [comments]

    My future landlord is trying to get me to sign a ‘joint and several tenancy’ agreement with 6 other people I’ve never met. He assured me over email that I am only responsible for my rent and shared areas, but the contract says otherwise. Will the email hold up in court?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    The contract is meant for a group of friends whereby if one cannot pay rent or does a runner, the other members must find the money to pay. I asked him about it and he says that it has been hard to find a group of friends this year and as such he has rented out single rooms, but I am only responsible for my own rent and shared area.

    However the contract has not been changed and according to that, I would be responsible if someone ran away without paying.

    Is the email stating that I am responsible only for my rent/shared areas legally binding?

    Any help/ advice is very much appreciated

    Background info: I am a student in the UK (ie UK laws)

    submitted by /u/NewDMA
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] My ex is throwing my mail out; is this legal?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    So I own a trailer in a trailer park - it's in my name and we were never married. I let my ex stay with the kids since she had no other option and I moved elsewhere. I change addresses every year so its difficult to put temp addresses on my official docs.

    I have my mail sent there as it is the address on my business and is a more permanent address than apartments that I rent. She told me I need to "send my f*cking mail elsewhere" and has now tells me I have no mail whenever I see her. I am now missing DMV registration as well as business docs and credit cards.

    Is it legal for her to throw my mail out or return my mail since I technically do not live there, even though it is the address for my business and I own the trailer? Is there anything I can do to get her to stop?

    submitted by /u/peepeepoopoobutt123
    [link] [comments]

    Friends pulled out his 401k after being fired. Never got it, called and found out it’s been cashed already. What should he do?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Looking for advice. Found out the county has been imposing fines.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    I'm buying a house and the Title search came back. The county has code violations and has been imposing fines on the property. What I know so far: Violations from: A Roof leak and some caving in. A pipe leak under the sink. bathroom floor needs replaced, bathroom is unusable.

    The tenant has been living like this. Tenant is moving out because of the sale. The sellers law firm said the could get the county to give us a clean slate and the county would give us ample time to do the repairs. The closing was supposed to be tomorrow. I don't see that happening. I was planning to do a total remodel but this was unexpected. What is the best course of action? Does the seller have to pay the fines and bring the house to code? Do I? Or do we negotiate more? I'm not using a realtor and live in Florida if that helps.

    submitted by /u/TimeTravelingRobot
    [link] [comments]

    Craft Beer Can Explodes Causes Injury

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    I'm in California.... this is In regard to craft beers with fruit...I was injured and In my recent research since being injured from an exploding can, I noticed there was a huge discussion in regards to room temperature beer exploding because of the refermentation. There were no warnings on the label or packaging. My injury required 4 stitches and a tetanus shot 🤷‍♂️😪 ... should I consult an attorney? I don't want to destroy any business or anyone's livelihood but consumer safety should be at the top of the list. What the thoughts and opinions from craft beer aficionados?

    submitted by /u/coachkduce209
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment