• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 17, 2020

    Legal Advice - [FL]Car dealer threating to sue me because I paid off the loan immediately after buying the car.

    Legal Advice - [FL]Car dealer threating to sue me because I paid off the loan immediately after buying the car.


    [FL]Car dealer threating to sue me because I paid off the loan immediately after buying the car.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Long story short, I have excellent credit (800+). Recently bought a 1 year old car. Dealer did not allow outside financing, must finance through the dealer. I played dumb, got them to eat all dealer fee's, and before I signed on the dotted line I asked if they could take a bit more money off the car for a higher interest rate and a longer loan term. They said yes no problem. They gave me a rate of 7.99% for a term of 84 months. I bought the car, and drove off. The next day I went to a credit union, got 2.75% for 48 months, put some cash down with the credit union on the loan, and refinanced the car. That entire process took roughly 10 days as the bank that originally financed the loan didn't have the payoff amount available immediately. 2 months later the car dealer caught wind of what I did, and called threating to sue me for 3K in lost "revenue". There was no language in original loan contract regarding any kind of pre payment penalty to anybody. I could have paid of the entire loan to the original bank on day 1 with cash according to the contract, which, is what I basically did, except I just refinanced instead. The dealer is claiming I defrauded them by asking for a higher interest rate up front for more money off the car. I haven't been served yet, but I have been getting a LOT of nasty emails and messages on my voicemail. I'm fairly certain I can tell them to eat shit, but I wanted another opinion. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/LetsArgueAboutNothin
    [link] [comments]

    Is it legal for my bank to REFUSE to cancel my debit card?

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    I'm shutting down my checking account, and obviously want to cancel the debit card associated with it. My bank insists that if by some mistake some business hits the debit card with a recurring charge, they simply MUST honor it. But of course, because the checking account will be closed there won't be any money in it which means the bank will hit me with an overdraft fee even though I no longer have an account with them.

    Now, being a responsible adult, I made a list of every company I do business with, and visited each to make sure that they're all switched to my new bank. I'm 99% sure there will be no accidents, but I'm human. Mistakes happen. And my bank's flat-out refusal to cancel the debit card seems... suspicious?

    Before anyone asks why I don't just keep the account open with a small sum of money on it just in case and cease using the checking account for anything else, there's a good reason: you're required to make a certain number of transactions per month in order to avoid the monthly fee. And the reason I don't want to make any transactions on the account anymore is because my bank began charging me bogus "international service" fees for when vendors allegedly use money from other countries... like the Mom 'n Pop shop I bought clothes from two counties over from me.

    Fees like this were popping up every other day. Bogus or not, fighting each individual one is impossible. The only thing I can do is leave.

    So is this legal? Keep doing business with us, and incurring fake additional charges, or risk a possible surprise overdraft fee if you made a mistake. Ethically, it feels a bit like blackmail, even if that's not what's literally happening.

    I live in the United States. I'd prefer not sharing the state I live in. Please let me know if that's a problem.

    submitted by /u/FuzzyOverlord
    [link] [comments]

    Work terminated my insurance because I’ve been out of work due to an injury sustained at work.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Edit: I looked in the workers handbook PDF that's provided through my employee portal and it doesn't say anything about insurance being terminated after a certain period of time.

    Back in February I injured my wrist at work due to someone else's mistake. I'm an EMT and need to be able to lift so I went on workers comp to start PT. When COVID started I was unable to go to PT for a few months and therefore developed some neuropathy. (Weakness due to inactivity). So once I was able to start PT it was projected to take a lot longer than originally intended to get my wrist back in order. I'm still going to PT, and a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with a large ovarian cyst that needs to be surgically removed. The surgery is next week, and earlier this week work emailed me to let me know that they have terminated my insurance. They said it's in the employee handbook that any employee that's out for more than 3 months gets taken off of insurance, and that they've been busy so 'sorry for the delay'. They told me they would send me COBRA information in the mail, and have stopped answering my emails. I told them that I'm scheduled for an important surgery next week and if I could have the insurance just through the end of the month that would be extremely helpful. They told me they can't accommodate me.

    Im at a loss, this feels wrong. I couldn't work because I got injured at work and because I wasn't working I lost my benefits.

    Is there any action I can take against this?

    Tl;dr Injured at work, so couldn't work, and work terminated my insurance because I havnt been at work

    submitted by /u/animasci_
    [link] [comments]

    Gym filmed me in a commercial while I was working out without consent

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    While I was working out this morning the gym I go to was filming a commercial and repeatedly included me in the frame. I kept moving away and asked them not to and they basically said "well if you're in the shots we already got then you're in it".

    This commercial states the city, state, and gym name. I have an active stalking and domestic violence case and am hiding from the person its against if that makes a difference.

    This is in Mississippi

    Is there anything I can legally do to make them not post my damn face on tv

    Also, just a tidbit. I feel like this was meant to be rude because I'm very heavyset? I know that doesnt make a difference legally but...ew

    submitted by /u/Mortuaryfaerie
    [link] [comments]

    My dad is still paying child support, despite his son being 32 years old and out of his ex-wife's house. Can this case be looked into to argue that we shouldn't have to pay anymore? [Mississippi Resident / Asking for Legal Info]

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    My father (62/M) has been paying child support for his son for over 10 years. The annual court case was messy and despite my dad having proof that he cared for his son during his last marriage (even submitting PHYSICAL evidence), his Ex lied in court and he lost the legal battle. Having to settle for over 25,000 dollars in child support.

    This was in the 1990's, so he's been paying for it all of my life. (22/F)

    His son is now 32 and doesn't even live with his mother anymore. Due to child support penalties, we have been unable to receive our COVID relief funds, as they are all sent to his ex to 'help' her raise a 'kid' that she doesn't even have anymore. He can't get a passport, he can't get his relief funds, and this baggage is weighing us down during these hard times.

    I want to know if the laws have changed or if anything can be done to get this greedy --- out of our pockets. She has no kid, so why do we have to keep paying? My father paid his dues and his child is over 21 years old and is no longer under her roof.

    We still have the physical evidence as proof-of-care as well.

    Is there anything we can do to get this case revisited?

    ---

    Edit: It seems to be an arrears arrangement. As I asked my mother what occurred, apparently my father stupidly accepted 'expensive gifts' in lieu of child support for his son. No write downs or proof. So it made it look like he was missing his payments, but he was purchasing pricey toys and other things to substitute paying cash with no evidence of their verbal agreement.

    New perspective: My father is an IDIOT.

    Edit 2: Thank you all for giving me the advice that I was seeking. Sucks we can't do much about arrears child support, but at least now I know it would probably be much more of a hassle to pursue it than to leave it be. We'll pay it off one day.

    submitted by /u/HaxorusImp
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot park in my own driveway because of our Neighbor. What are the options to remove his bus from the road?

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    I live in MD. My wife and I just bought a house in a small neighborhood. Our house is on a one-lane road that allows parking on both sides of the street. The issue is that our neighbor "Mike" across the street has a large, old Greyhound-style bus. It takes up a lot of space on the road (width and length) and has even attached a trailer behind the bus, completely using all of the space to park in front of his house and part of his neighbors house. This leads him to not only block a lot of space, but also park in front of our house, often blocking our driveway because he has nowhere else to park.

    The first night we were moving in some stuff, Mike comes up to us and introduces himself. The first thing he says is that his bus is totally fine and he already won a big fight with the town about it. Mike then proceeds to tell us about all of his cop friends/connections and how he is going to law school (which is doubtful as he is retired in his 70s).

    After that, we were like, okay, we can deal with the bus if it's legally permittee. Then, a car appears in front of our house with a gas can and propane tank clearly visible in the backseat from our property. I was concerned about something fishy so I reported it. Turns out it was Mike's car. He then confronts me about it, saying that i should just have talked to him, all offended and upset, going as far to state that i committed a cardinal sin by calling a cop on a black man in America (funny because I am a POC).

    I thought we resolved this and then he then proceeds to park his pickup such that it blocks our driveway. My wife and I thought we could talk to him about it. It turns out to be a big blow out fight. He says that we aren't using "logic" because it is conceivably possible to back into our driveway. Apparently, my wife and I are bad drivers to have issues maneuvering (and going over our curve) around a bus and truck parked in and around our driveway.

    The problem is that my wife and I both have cars and have borrowed my dad's truck to make the moving easier. We can't park everything in our driveway as he has been blocking it and we are afraid to park cars on the street because the road becomes so narrow that a sedan can just barely pass through. This guy has at least three cars and a bunch of motorcycles parked in his driveway so moving it to there is out of the picture.

    As we have met some of our other new neighbors, they all have had issues with Mike regarding parking and this dilapidated bus. So far, we know of at least 6 people who have fought with him. One said that this bus hasn't even moved for over 10 years.

    We have all tried to talk to him to resolve this on our own and he cannot be civil or respectful. We want to do something about this bus and parking issue but aren't sure what, if any, our legal rights are. Is there anything we can do to make him move the bus and stop blocking our driveway?

    submitted by /u/OneClickBoom
    [link] [comments]

    I was tricked into siging a restraining order. How in the hell do I get it removed?! [WA]

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    18 years ago, when I was 16, an attorney swindled me (a minor w/o my parents/counsel around) into a LIFE long restraining order for a person I had never met before. Never knowing the person, I saw no issue with agreeing to never be around them, so I willingly complied.

    I was invited on a hunting trip recently and went to get a hunting rifle. To my surprise, I was denied for my background check (Imagine my face, after 15 years of active duty, multiple deployments and being denied my 2nd Amendment rights).

    Quick research, says that in the state of Washington (Where I lived at the time. I currently live in TN), a minor can not be issued a "life long restraining order" and this should never of happened. I called the Thurston county Sherrifs office and was told to get an attorney, called an attorney and the dude wanted 10 grand to make the problem "go away" because it isn't a "simple expungment". I'm about 40k short, so I have resulted to picking Reddits brain on this conundrum. I (34M) am a M-134 Mini Gun operator, who can't buy a .22 from Walmart...any help would be amazing.

    submitted by /u/IntenseScrolling
    [link] [comments]

    Asked my boss for a raise and he asked me “doesn’t your man make enough money”

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    Idk where else to post this, I just don't know if I should go to HR or not. This was months ago, I ended up switching departments because of him but he still says unprofessional and demeaning things to me whenever he gets the chance. This is just one example that royally pissed me off, but my friend told me that I'm overreacting and what he said wasn't sexist.

    submitted by /u/deadlyhead99
    [link] [comments]

    Garbage company charging an overweight fee without ever disclosing what the weight limit is.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    The city contracts out commercial trash collection and the 3rd party contractor is allowed to charge an overweight fee if the driver deems the bin is overweight. But neither the city nor the company ever informed us what that weight is. Also, the city and company gave different answers when I pressed them for a number. The contract says the driver determines what the weight limit is.

    This is what it says in the contract: "Driver observation, document with picture and note uploaded to the CITY's CRM in REAL TIME, notify CUSTOMER within 2 hours, and otherwise follow the conditions and procedures described in Section 3.5"

    Are any of these overweight fees valid? If the customer is never informed, the definition is arbitrary, and neither city nor contractor can decide what that weight limit is?

    submitted by /u/w0nderbrad
    [link] [comments]

    Had my property lines marked at the request of my neighbor so he could build a fence and turns out a good portion of his animal coop is embarking on my property.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    My neighbor and I both own poultry and I have no issue with that at all and he has plenty of property where he can relocate them to. The problem comes from the fact that we don't really get along that well. We don't fight or anything uncivil, but every single time (literally EVERY Sing time) I see him he always has a complaint or something along the lines that my ducks were in his pond eating the fish even though part of the pond is on my property. I'm anti-social and just seeing him gives me anxiety so I was relieved when he said he would be willing to put up a fence if I paid for the land survey. Turns out that practically the whole coop is on my property.

    I already accepted that he most likely won't hold up his part of our deal and honestly don't care if he does. I want to know what legal action can I take to have his coop relocated off my property or if there would be any legal action towards me if I were to build the fence myself?

    I live in Louisiana

    Update: I spoke with my neighbor and he said he was going to get his own land surveyor and we'll see from there

    submitted by /u/Yeico2
    [link] [comments]

    Found out I have a child (Oregon)

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    6 years ago I hooked up with a girl, she ended up being pregnant. She was seeing multiple different guys at the time, and when the child was born she told me it was one of theirs. I didn't ask questions, I just continued with my life

    Last week she sent me a message asking to get a dna test because apparently they had never actually gotten one. Today it came back that I am the father to a 5 year old girl. I'm genuinely lost and don't know what to do. I would obviously like to step up and be in her life and be a good father from this point forward. But I don't know how to go about things such as custody or child support or if there's any legal ramifications of me not being there for 5 years. I'm absolutely terrified and don't know what to do. Any advice on how to go about things legally would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Update

    Just scheduled a consultation with a lawyer. I appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/Koenigsegg940
    [link] [comments]

    Can I refuse a Gym Membership to a Sex Offender?

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    We had a guy come in with a pretty serious sex offender charge. After signing him up, we saw it on his ID and looked it up. Can we revoke his membership to prevent possible issues?

    Our gym is a no-staff key-fob access only gym that is pretty low population, so you can see our concern.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/lathrowaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Coworkers petitioning to lower my mothers pay

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    As the title says. Located in Indiana. My mother works for a university - she's made her way up through the ranks and makes a fairly good salary. Covid came along and her specific job is on halt until things get back to normal, so she's temporarily working in a different department. A handful of my moms temporary coworkers found out how much she makes (considerably more than them) and verbally told her that they're petitioning to HR/management to either: have her pay dropped, remove her from the department, or increase their pay. These coworkers are individuals whom have been employed by the university for a number of years (20+) and have a feeling of entitlement.

    Is there anything she can/should do from a legal standpoint to protect herself?

    submitted by /u/DYELGABRIEL
    [link] [comments]

    I need to evict a renter

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    I'm in Ohio.

    I have a renter that's 2 1/2 months behind in rent. They won't talk to us. Just keep ignoring us. He has a job.

    I need to know what the next steps are in getting rid of the renter.

    Also they are on a month to month lease so can I just end the lease.

    submitted by /u/tblaze7
    [link] [comments]

    Manager approved my time off 6 months ago so that I could fly out to see my parents. Today he told me he's revoking my vacation because I'm needed for a critical project and the company will not refund my flight cost.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    Small company, no real HR department. I read through the employee handbook and it doesn't say anything about this. I called the airline and they say that they can't offer me a refund. Told my manager this and he said that the company won't be able to refund the cost of my flight. Is he allowed to do this? I'm in New Mexico.

    submitted by /u/cartman1427
    [link] [comments]

    Moving company forgot my TV, mailed it, didn't insure it, now USPS lost it.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    Very long story but ended up with a scam of a moving company and it's been a nightmare every step of the way.

    They "forgot" my TV on delivery, took 3 weeks of calling multiple times a day to get them to do something about it, and they eventually sent it USPS at the lowest shipping rate with no insurance. It has since been lost by USPS, and now of course the moving company is not answering. What should I do?

    We haven't filed the insurance claim yet. We did pay $120 to have it "crated" by the moving company which puts it under a more comprehensive insurance, I believe, as opposed to the BS 60 cents/lb or whatever.

    Any help/advice would be tremendously appreciated. For reference, move was MA to LA and moving co. is NJ.

    submitted by /u/DrMrPootytang
    [link] [comments]

    [ND] I was fired earlier today, since then my employer has accessed my personal emails and added their phone number and email as recovery information.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    I was fired earlier today, I knew it was coming because they'd been threatening to do it every now and then basically since I was hired. I was out of the office by noon. At around 6 PM tonight I see on my phone an alert about an email being accessed and if it was me. It was a personal email that I hadn't accessed at any time other than from my home computer. I started looking into things a bit more, and it turns out that they did this to a total of 3 emails that I've found so far as well as my other Reddit account.

    I'm pretty sure this is a crime, I've already contacted the police but apparently this was after hours in the city I'm in, and I'm probably not going to see a police officer tonight. Any input on this?

    submitted by /u/ConsciousAbility
    [link] [comments]

    I have a customer that claims that they can legally cancel any contract within 24 hours (Nj)

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    I work for a wildlife removal company. I sold a job today where we would remove mice from a person's home, as well as due repairs, sanitation, trapping etc. I gave them the paperwork which also disclosed that we do not offer refunds. I collected the balance of half by check. Later on in the day they called me and told me that they got a quote from someone over the phone for the same work for a lower price. But they are claiming to me that they can cancel any contract within 24 hours and it's some universal rule or law. just wanted to know if this was actually the case. A quick Google search didn't yield any significant results. If anyone has any idea please let me know..

    submitted by /u/IDontFeel24YearsOld
    [link] [comments]

    Bank got scammed with my money.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Long story short; applied and was approved and signed for a loan by the SBA/Small Business Administration. Was electronically wired to my account. We will say the loan amount was $100,000. I do not need to make payments til next year. Bank, at the request of the "SBA", took ALL the money from the account, closed the account and mailed a check for the amount closed to an undisclosed address which was promptly cashed. No correspondence from the bank to myself not my business occurred until I found out the account was closed. When I was told the "SBA" asked for ALL the money in account, I promptly contacted the SBA. It was confirmed on multiple accounts and levels that they did NOT AND CAN NOT just ask for the money back and nothing was received- furthermore we were not behind any payment and no judgements within the courts/IRS was made.

    Bank is firm in their stance of SBA asked. It is located in Kentucky ,Lexington.

    I want to sue my bank for transferring out money from my account without my express approval and not telling me. Be them getting scammed or not, it is not my concern what scams come along- I feel you should not have and cannot give my money away.

    submitted by /u/velocidanni
    [link] [comments]

    Dealership sold me a lemon and still reported it to financing company making it impossible to close on my home.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    So I will try my best to describe what is all going on and give as much detail to situation.

    Back in June I purchased a WRX from a small dealership here in Texas and I absolutely loved the car. Unfortunately after 5 days of having the car the engine started knocking and found out I was sold a lemon. I contacted the dealership and fought with them for about a week until they finally agreed to purchase the car back and cancel all the contracts involved with it. I returned to the dealership the next day after they agreed to this to get my down payment back and also to ensure that I wasn't going to be charged or reported to the financing company to which the dealership reassured me that they never sent anything to the finance company and that there would be no way that it would be reported. This is when I thought all was good and that I wouldn't have any further issues until last week.

    Friday I applied for a home that I've been working towards for the past year and had everything I needed to be able to finally purchase it until my realtor called me telling my I was denied due to my credit. I ended up looking into it and realized I in fact had a loan out for 25,000 for the car that the dealership purchased back from me and I had two missed payments that drop my credit score 70 points. I called the dealership infuriated wanting answers to which they have not been able to give me and now I'm on my last day to being able to purchase this home as well as losing the $500 dollar deposit I put down on it. What are my options here and what are the next steps I should I take because at this point I don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/Billymayssshere
    [link] [comments]

    Post office manager wittholds my package after mailman falsifies delivery attempt

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Post office manager takes away my package as I'm trying to pick up and withholds it bc she says my voice is too loud. Long story, I will try to focus on key points. TLDR at bottom.

    Recent new mailman has been making many mistakes. Sometimes doesn't even attempt delivery to apartment, just leaves pick up note in mailbox room.

    Most recently for a package, delivery attempt was never made, again. (family and I were home all day). But this time, not even a pink slip was left behind for me to pick it up. I only got notified from my aunt in Japan that her tracking notified her the delivery failed & package is now sitting at post office. I'm baffled. At least leave a note to pick it up if you don't want to deliver it.

    I go in to pick up, and decide to speak to the manager about the new mailman. Manager brings out the mailman. Mailman accuses me of losing pink slip, not hearing his knock on my door, & not looking carefully for pink slip. I defend myself, stunned at these false accusations.

    Suddenly manager yells "you need to lower your voice!". I'm mortified at her suddenly barking at me like I'm some maniac. I try to tell her this is my normal voice tone, she cuts me off saying I'm being disruptive. I tell her I'm not yelling I'm talking in my normal voice.

    Then she says "that's it, you're not getting this." And takes my package away, starting to walk into the back. I say, "excuse me I'd like to pick up my package." She continues to ignore me. I say, "you can't withhold my package." She disappears with my package. And the rest of the employees act like nothing happened & continue helping the line. I stand there stunned not sure what to do. So I call usps customer service, & get transferred left & right.

    While I'm on hold, a woman walks up to me and says "I just want you to know, I think they're being unreasonable what they're doing." At this point I feel like I'm going to cry. I was just treated like some crazy maniac, & this woman's words emphasize what I felt.

    I leave to finish my call, then I return to try & ask the employees for help, but they tell me to wait for the manager.

    This time the manager calls me to the corner & admits she investigated & the mailman was lying. His location showed he was nowhere near my address when he marked my package as "delivery attempt failed", so they'll do internal investigation, and I can pick up my package. No apology. End of story.

    Is this legal? Can post offices withhold packages just bc they feel like it? If I hadn't been persistent, I would've never got my package and it'd be returned to sender. I wrote to usps customer service but all I got was an email back from the same manager accusing me of being belligerent, disruptive, and escalating the situation. I'm scared of retaliation by the mailman and manager. What can I do to make sure this doesn't happen again?

    TLDR: post office manager accuses me of yelling & denies me my package saying "that's it youre not getting this." Later when I return, manager admits mailman's location showed he had lied, he had been nowhere near my address when he marked "delivery failed, no one home". Then finally lets me pick up my package.

    submitted by /u/mishazel
    [link] [comments]

    Can my parents legally keep my car from me if I(20m) move out.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    Recently I have considered moving out soon and im not sure my parents will approve because I would be living with my girlfriend and they think in too young. I know they legally can't keep me home but I recently got a new car because my old one got totaled which the car that got totaled was originally my moms car for 13 years. Insurance gave us 4500 for that car and we put that towards my new car that is 10,000. I paid 500$ down and i am making every payment on the car monthly. My dads name and my name is on the car using and between our names. My dad does pay car insurance but I am more than willing to pay it. Can I legally take the car if they try and hold it from me if I move out since my dads name is on it too and he pays insurance? I live in indiana also

    submitted by /u/Hsjxle010420
    [link] [comments]

    Owner of abandoned (?) cat now wants her back 16 years later

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Posting for a friend because she doesn't use reddit.Everyone mentioned lives in Colorado. Her brother left a cat with her 16 years ago to feed and love and pay for while he was in the Navy. After the Navy he had her for a few moths here and there but this cat has lived at the same address it's entire life. For the past decade this guy has been in a drugged fueled haze living in a van down by the river (no, seriously). Finally got his life together a little bit and has found an apartment and now he is threatening to take this cat back claimimg it's still "his" even though my friend and her parents have been responsible for this life for 10+ years. My friend is heartbroken and I worry because she is indoor/outdoor cat, and the brother is in a second floor apartment in a busy neighborhood. He also didn't know what kind of food to feed her until my friend BOUGHT him a bag of her food. I might want to add that the brother is the reason this cat has such a sensitive stomach. He is not the right home for her and I need some legal advise on steps we can take to hopefully get HER cat back. His name is on the microchip that was placed when they got her but the home address is the same as the house where my friend lives and has lived for the cats entire life. Thank you for anything in advance.

    Edit: My friend and her brother are "splitting custody" so they both see the cat a couple days a week each. It is not a legally binding arrangment. I am worried that one of these times he's just gonna not return the cat.

    submitted by /u/SiccThiccy
    [link] [comments]

    Bugs EVERYWHERE

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    I just moved into my apartment (9/15/2020) and they wouldn't let me see it first before I signed my lease bc COVID. Which I was kind of ok with kind of not but I got off work and signed and then got the keys.

    About three hours in I noticed the EXCESSIVE amount of roaches just everywhere. Showers, my purse, walls, ceilings, my BEDDING.... anywhere you can think of. They're there. I emailed my first night there saying that there were a lot of bugs and I needed my toilet replaced. The front office lady said ok, we ordered a new toilet and also we are adding you to a list of people who get weekly sprays and traps. This was great and all, but they aren't starting until the third day.

    So on the second day I found probably another 50+ bugs and killed them. I have documenting it all and have sent another email to the office with the proof. So 2 of 2 days I have sent an email regarding the bug infestations. Obviously I can't sleep or put anything on the ground because of this which is no way to live. And I'm not super sure how I feel about weekly sprays where they enter my apartment. Someone from maintenance is coming out today to evaluate while I'm at work.

    As you can imagine I'm pretty pissed about all of this. I dropped $1000 so far in prorated rent+fees just to come to an infestation. I've been reading online how I can say it's unsuitable living conditions and can break a lease. What are my options there is anyone knows? I'm the US in Arizona. I've only been living Tuesday, Wednesday, and now today is Thursday

    submitted by /u/caelanitz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment