• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    Legal Advice - Bank cleared check for $538,367.89 out of my checking account despite my name being nowhere on the check.

    Legal Advice - Bank cleared check for $538,367.89 out of my checking account despite my name being nowhere on the check.


    Bank cleared check for $538,367.89 out of my checking account despite my name being nowhere on the check.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Hello my friends,

    TLDR is below since I tend to be verbose.

    I have a rather puzzling turn of events. I can't find any information regarding how to proceed online because it's such a bass-ackwards situation.
    I've been banking with the same bank for 14 years. I am working poor so I've never had more than $3k in my checking account that I can recall. I have a very obvious pattern to my spending habits as I only generally have enough to pay bills so my account is drained pretty much every other week (I get paid bi-weekly.) I just include this info because I feel it's important to the larger picture.

    So this morning, I woke up to my alarm and a text alert underneath it from said bank that my account balance is -$537,107.71 (I got paid today). I flipped out, as one might expect, and tried to call the fraud hotline. They conveniently open an hour after I'm already at work where I'm not allowed to have a cell phone. I checked online and was able to access the cancelled check image (which I conveniently can't access now) and it appears to be a property sale through a local (to the state) lawyer as the trustee. The routing and account numbers are indeed my account. However, my name is nowhere on the front or back and neither is my signature.

    I managed to secure the use of my vacation time so I could sit in our air conditioned parking lot (/s) and wait on hold for the bank to respond to my call. The first woman I talked to wasn't the most helpful but she was at least cordial. She seemed incredibly confused at the situation but "did me the favor" of refunding the $35 overdraft fee and then said that they would investigate the claim and provided a claim number. I asked her what I should do in the meantime as I am now beyond broke and have no access to food/gas/whatever money until they figure things that are obvious out. (I didn't word it like a jerk, though. It's not her fault this franchise is as dumb as a box of rocks.)

    She said she understood and would transfer me to some kind of "emergency fund line" so they could at least reinstate my paycheck so I could get by. She proceeded to transfer me to someone that said they don't deal with these things and that I needed to talk to the special CHECK fraud department despite my service request already being submitted.

    Now, this lady ("Lisa" from Texas) may or may not have been the same lady I initially talked to. She sounded the same and was also "from Texas" but her patience was apparently down around her ankles. She made me submit a check fraud claim, asked me if I knew these people or if I had given my account number out to anyone, implying that I am somehow in cahoots with these people. She went on to mention this amazing favor of redacting the overdraft fee and then told me, in no uncertain terms, that they don't do any emergency funding in these situations. She then asked me if I wanted to put a stop to any outgoing payments on my account and make a new one, in which case they would move any incoming funds from the original account to the new account within a few days of receipt. Given my tight timeline of having to use my measly funds and the fact that I think this is a banking error and not fraud, I told her I would wait and call back because I needed time to think about how it would impact my credit score. She then played a generic message about how they wont be liable if I am again "defrauded" unless I close the existing account and create a new one.

    I have called and talked to the lawyer's paralegal after some phone tag. She at first seemed to think I was accusing them of something but I explained that I wanted to tell them their check was going to bounce because I am sure it will incur a ton of fees. She recognized the check amount and the people listed on the check and said she would call me back after she looked into it and called the local branch. Once she called back, she said that she was confused and asked again who I was and why I knew about this check. I told her that it was cashed from my account and the routing/account number is the same. The bank is the same. But obviously I have nothing to do with this mystery purchase. She is now asking me to send an image of the check, which I don't mind doing since I will remove my actual account number.

    -Will I be somehow liable if I don't file a police report? (The report requires me to find whoever cashed the check and have them fill out paperwork.)

    -Is it possible to get the bank to reimburse me for the cost of my vacation time and whatever fees I will end up incurring because I can't pay my bills now?

    -Is there any reason I should NOT send the cancelled check (minus account number) to the paralegal?

    TLDR: Bank cashed what appears to be a legitimate check (as in, a legitimate purchase by someone other than myself) under my account despite my name not being on any part of the check, including the signature on the back. They're taking however much time they need to investigate this and then return the funds as well as doing me the massive favor of removing the late fee that was incurred by me not having half a million dollars. Lawyer's (lawyer that issued the check) paralegal wants me to send her an image of the cancelled check so she can bring it to the bank tomorrow. What do?

    PS: sorry for the formatting. I apparently suck at computers now.

    submitted by /u/Disgruntasaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Hospital won’t release still born baby until I pay 25k. Is this legal. In Maryland

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    I'm asking on the behalf on a family friend for my dad. This lady she unfortunately went into premature labor at 8 months and the baby was born stillborn. They let her take pictures and whatnot. Until it was time for discharge. The lady asked if she can take her baby so she can bury it. And they told her no they can't release the body of her still born baby unless she pays at least 25k. She's an immigrant so she's scared so she doesn't try to fight it. Is this legal? She want to have a burial for her baby. And i feel like this isn't fair. Like the hospital can send her bill and make payments on it over time. Why keep the stillborn baby's body as hostage. What are her options? I'd put a flair but I honestly don't know what category this would fall in.

    Edit: Thank you so much! I think I got it sorted. I called a funeral home and they said the situation doesn't sound right at all. But after three days the body gets moved to another facility and that place charges storage fees but even then the funeral home said they pay the storage fees and bill the family later for it and fortunately they only charge for the casket for a baby. It's just unfortunate that they didn't let her before the three days are up that she needs to find a funeral home. All they did is mention the hospital bill. But now she most likely have these unnecessary storage fees that could've been avoided if they just told her she just needed to contact a funeral home.

    submitted by /u/tootiredtosleep0
    [link] [comments]

    Wells Fargo Stole My Car

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I haven't ever posted here so let me know if I'm violating any rules, but I'm hoping for a little bit of advice.

    I woke up this morning, went outside to go to work, and found that my car was no longer in the parking lot of my apartment complex. After canceling everything I had planned for work today (which was extremely inconvenient), I called the police to report my car stolen. The police let me know that according to their records, my car was repossessed by Wells Fargo at 3 in the morning.

    Here's the fun part: my car loan isn't through Wells Fargo. I have never banked through Wells Fargo. I have never had contact with a single person who works for Wells Fargo. So I called them, and unsurprisingly, there is absolutely no trace of me in their system. I then called the bank who I ACTUALLY use for my car loan, and they told me that I have never missed a payment (which I already knew) and that they did NOT move to repossess my car. They had absolutely no idea why this happened and suggested I call the police back for more info.

    I then called the police again, who directed me to an impound lot, who directed me to another impound lot, who directed me to a repo company. The repo company took my info and told me that my name wasn't associated with the car that they allegedly repossessed, which I told them was completely unsurprising as they OBVIOUSLY HAD THE WRONG VEHICLE, and then they told me that they couldn't give me any more info because my name wasn't attached to the allegedly repossessed car, and told me to call Wells Fargo. I pointed out politely but somewhat... loudly, that I can't just call Wells Fargo and demand information about any car that they may or may not have tried to repossess in my area, particularly because the repo company wouldn't give me any info about the car that was actually the target of the repossession. They finally put me through to their contact at Wells Fargo, who took my name, VIN, and phone number and told me she'd figure this out today. She confirmed to me that there is no record of me affiliated with Wells Fargo. She also has not gotten back to me, and I'm skeptical that she will.

    Does anyone have any recommendations for how to proceed? I'm about to enter Day 2 of not having a car, and I'm not sure if I should go to my actual bank who my loan is with, my insurance company, the police, or a lawyer. I don't have a load of cash on hand to pay a lawyer, so I'm trying to avoid too many upfront costs, particularly because this issue does not seem to be even remotely my fault. I am in Indiana, if that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/jjbrews
    [link] [comments]

    My husband, who has a medical condition, was instructed by someone NOT in his immediate chain of command, to NOT take his medication at the appropriate time, but to take it against doctor’s orders. Is this actionable?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    The scenario: My husband has been instructed by his doctor to take his medication when he experiences a flare up in his medical condition. The instructions on the package say to "take as needed".

    My husband finds that the medicine makes him sleepy unless he takes it with food, so he always eats a snack when he takes it.

    They just had a big thing where he works, where people aren't allowed to eat at their desks. So he went to the break room, ate his snack, and was about to take his medication.

    A co-worker who outranks my husband but not in his direct CoC (another supervisor) saw my husband eating his snack, and this is what the guy told my husband:

    • It is "inappropriate" for my husband to be in the break room since he was clocked in to a job and "eating and drinking on the clock".

    • He instructed my husband that his medication, which is of the type that is to be taken "as needed".

    • He physically frog marched my husband back to his desk, and prevented my husband from taking his medication.

    • He threatened my husband, saying "This isn't over."

    • He scheduled a meeting for Monday with HR.

    My husband was unable to get his medication last night. I am furious. Is this even legal??????

    EDIT: Is legal, is okay. Thanks guys! Guess he's just gotta find a better job with better people.

    2ND EDIT: Yes, the co-worker did put his hands (non consensually) on my husband. There are previous complaints about this co-worker doing these sorts of things; honestly I feel that the company (which ahem has deep pockets) is exposing itself to legal risk by keeping this guy around.

    3RD EDIT: It's a union shop.

    4th EDIT: Thank you again everyone. We're moving forward with making sure HR has all of this stuff documented in case it happens again.

    5th EDIT: Union's going to help. At this point I believe the problem will be solved.

    submitted by /u/TransFatty
    [link] [comments]

    My doctor sent bloodwork to an out-of-network lab without telling me...and now the lab has billed me $659.00

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    The title basically says it all. I used my health insurance website to schedule an appointment with a doctor specifically in my network, for a free annual checkup. My doctor told me she does basic bloodwork for all of her new patients, but didn't say anything about me being charged. I guess she just assumed my insurance would cover it...but we didn't go over any of this ahead of time.

    All of a sudden three weeks later, I get a notification from my insurance that a claim was denied...and that I was going to be sent a bill for $659.00...what the heck?!?! I've been avoiding the doctor for YEARS...and finally I go in for an innocent free checkup and this is what happens?!? Help me out if you can!

    Location: Philadelphia

    submitted by /u/TweetingAtJeff
    [link] [comments]

    I fee like I’m being harassed by loss prevention at my own job

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    I'm an 18 year old (woman) college student and I work part time at Burlington. They have this process where loss prevention will check employees if necessary to control theft which is understandable how ever there's this one security guard in particular who always stops me and gives me a hard time unlike my other coworkers who are mainly men.

    He's an older man probably in his 30's. I don't feel comfortable with him searching me anymore but sometimes it's only him at the door. Do I have a right to ask for a same sex security guard to check me instead of him because at this point it feels like harassment. When I first started working there he would brag about how he can make anyone's life at work hell etc... to me the whole thing is weird.

    submitted by /u/indenial1239
    [link] [comments]

    A woman blew an airhorn into my open windows and injured my daughter’s ear as we drove by some political supporters/protesters. My daughter has lost hearing, and is in extreme pain. Police say the woman didn’t do anything criminally wrong.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    As I was driving north over the bridge on my island, my daughter and I passed several political supporters holding signs and one had an airhorn. (political party doesn't matter in this post other than my daughter was injured by a woman in that party).

    I shook my head at the disruption to traffic they were causing in general and the woman on the side of the road, on my right side (passenger) held up her airhorn in close range as we drove by to protest my look. My daughter is 9 and the windows were open- the airhorn was extremely loud and startled us both- she immediately started crying and grabbed her ear. We were on the bridge by then so I couldn't pull over- but I did call police to report it. After asking his supervisor, the officer said there nothing criminal about what the woman did. I'm floored- my daughter has lost hearing and is in pain.

    The officer did admit that if I held an airhorn to the woman's ear; then that would be assault... but since she didn't touch my daughter and wasn't in the street that North Carolina laws don't make it criminal. He also said he can't legally ask for her name. I'm not sure how that's even possible that he can't ask her name?!

    I have a photo of her, as well as video of the airhorn being blown even as a cop car drives in to check it out. The cop said they showed up and didn't hear an air horn but it's clearly on video. The woman was about 8" from the curb- close enough to have touched my car if she tried.

    I've tried to indentify the woman with the help of the community- no one is coming forward. I've contacted the organizer of the event.

    What are my options? Please help.

    submitted by /u/Prestigious-Assist-5
    [link] [comments]

    Child Care Provider Not Feeding Child Properly (Alaska)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    This is in Wasilla, Alaska

    I am having trouble locating anything that the staff of the child care facility is telling our close family friend.

    Baby is 14 months old, Mom was recently informed that after 12 months "per licensing" that they cannot feed the child breast milk or from a bottle. For over 3 weeks nowthey have been giving her a hard spouted sippy cup instead. This of course has caused her to go from what used to be 30 oz a day to roughly 8 oz. The baby is now cluster feeding nightly which at 14 months shouldnt be happening. They are starving this child. I have already looked up licensing and told her to call them. But i have been searching for this supposed form or license that says a child at 14 months has to be forced to use a hard sippy cup. They are also refusing to put the child down for a nap before she is picked up.

    Sorry if this is all over the place. Ty

    submitted by /u/Phakov_LoL
    [link] [comments]

    City Board of Assessment is saying I owe them $13k over 20 years, won't return calls/emails. Hearing is Sept 1st. How can I fight it if I don't know what they're even charging me for?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Location: Omaha, Nebraska

    Hey there, first time homeowner here. I received a letter in mail stating that the Board of Assessment has assessed a $13k bill over 20 years for "sewer and concrete" work they did to my benefit. I was never made aware of any improvements and there hasn't been any work on my street or a connecting street since I purchased this place in late February.

    I attempted to reach out to the contact email and phone numbers for the past two weeks, but haven't gotten any response or any explanation for the assessment. The letter states the hearing will be on Sept 1st. Neighbors also received letters but they haven't received any further info either.

    I think it may be related to the fact that our road/alley we live on was paved back in mid 2019, however myself and our neighbors didn't own the property back then, developers did. Can they push that charge on to us somehow...? How can I even fight this charge if they don't provide me with any details on why I'm being charged?

    Edit - photo of letterhttps://imgur.com/43hoGRX

    "Board of equalization" not Assessment, by apologies!

    submitted by /u/venom_dP
    [link] [comments]

    Got hit by an uninsured and unlicensed driver while delivering pizzas. Insurance doesn't want to pay. (Texas)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    I (20, M) was working my last day as a pizza delivery driver for pizza hut. I was rolling up on a green light where I had the right of way since I was going straight. As I was crossing another driver failed to yield and hit me on my driver's side front corner. He did not have any insurance or a license.

    There was a police officer nearby who saw the accident and ruled that the other driver was at fault for the wreck. When my stepdad and I filed the claim, everything was going smoothly, until they asked me to make a statement with a claims adjuster. I told them the exact thing I had told the police officer.

    After making the statement, the adjuster called my stepdad and let him know that we will have to pay the $8,500 repair to my vehicle out of pocket. The reason we have to pay for the repairs is due to me being on the clock as a delivery driver. I have a brand new vehicle, which means I'm required to have full coverage insurance. Is there anything I can do to help me in this situation?

    submitted by /u/DeerGoat32
    [link] [comments]

    My boyfriend signed a NDA for a interview, didn’t get hired, and now the company is using his idea and is offering to send him $500 as a “thank you.”

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    My bf interviewed for a very small agency and was put through multiple interview rounds. For the final round, he was asked to sign a NDA that included giving the company rights to his IP. He was assigned developing a presentation for an actual client and coming up with a campaign including a name. The company CEOs appeared to love him and the campaign name. He was shocked when they called late that night and said he didn't get the job. They said he didn't have the right experience, which seemed off given the nature of his experience was clear from his resume.

    Flash forward to today, months later, and they emailed saying they are launching the campaign for the client tomorrow and are using his campaign name. They want to give him $500 as a "thank you."

    The whole interview process and him not getting the job felt off to me at the time. I even questioned if this was a real attempt to hire or just to get ideas. It appears (from what we can tell through LinkedIn) that no one has the position that he interviewed for.

    So my question is this, given that he signed a NDA, does he have any leverage? Is the $500 a nice gesture or an attempt to foreclose a lawsuit? Might he be able to ask for more? The campaign is for a major retail brand.

    We reside in NYC, though have been living in NJ during the pandemic and he interviewed from NJ remotely. I don't know where the company is based but the CEOs live in CA.

    Any advice for this situation?

    submitted by /u/hungry_cat_is_hungry
    [link] [comments]

    Driver totals my brother's parked car, flees the scene (and car), and now cops are saying we are responsible for all damages

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    This is in Florida.

    Friday morning between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. an unidentified driver totaled my brother's parked car. We have roofers at our house, so our driveway has been momentarily blocked. We live in a subdivision with a lot homeowners and with our neighbor's permission, he parked his car in the grass beside their house. He was no way in the road.

    There was no witnesses to the crash, but our neighbor does have a camera that points in that direction with footage of someone swerving to the other side of the road and crashing into my brother's car in the grass. The momentum of the crash sent the car back 20 feet. The driver then stumbled out of the car and fled the scene, leaving both totaled cars and his insurance information in the glove box.

    My brother's car is an older, but nice car. It is a 2014 Nissan that is completely decked out. He got it from my dad when he upgraded. Two weeks ago, he spent $800 to get new speakers for it. He's only 17 so he worked and saved for months to get them.

    The cops are saying that since Florida is a no-fault state and the driver fled the scene, they cannot identify who is responsible for the damage. This means that our insurance will take the hit. Largely, the police have not been helpful at all. All they have told us is that they found the driver and he allegedly let someone borrow the car. Then that person let their friend borrow the car. That friend then visited his friend in my neighborhood where the car was allegedly stolen and crashed into my brother's car. Keep in mind that the owner of the other vehicle did not report their vehicle as stolen until yesterday, five days after the crash.

    I want to know if there is any way to get legal help in disputing the insurance claims. We really do not want to be saddled with the debt of paying for a new car. Do we have any other options? The car owner's story seems really unlikely, is there any way we can call BS?

    submitted by /u/AshleyJoy03
    [link] [comments]

    I was awarded $5600 in small claims court. The other party the n moved out of state. What are my options to collect?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    This was over a rental disaster, judge decided in my favor to the tune of $5600 (about 15% of what repairs actually cost, but that's a different story). The renters immediately moved out of state and their "new" mailing address was not actually their's, but a friend's. We were so overwhelmed by everything else, we didn't try to seek payment. Now we're ready to but don't know where to start.

    How do I find them and what's the best way to go about getting paid?

    Located in Washington state

    submitted by /u/Forgotenzepazzword
    [link] [comments]

    Purchased house in Kentucky in March. Inspectors claimed they inspected the roof but it's been leaking. Roofing company said there's no way they inspected the roof and it'll cost at least $9k to replace, on top of the already $3k I've spent too stop a leak around my chimney. What are my options?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    When the roofer I hired climbed up on the roof, he immediately figured out that the previous home owners replaced the roof themselves. Nails are popping, nails in the wrong place, flashing held up by duct tape, ridge vents not covered in shingles, 3 layers of shingles in some spots.

    My roofer said there's no way this roof should've passed inspection. I was present at the house during most of my inspection, which was performed by 2 older men (appear to be in their 70's or even older). They told me they inspected the roof but I thought it was highly skeptical they climbed up on the roof.

    Do I have any recourse against the inspection company or previous home owners?

    submitted by /u/SledDog888
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! An Old Lady hit my car!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    So the other day I (19 yo) was driving home and while my car was at an angle an old lady (86 yo) scraped the side of her car across my fender.

    She seemed non-malicious and was just kinda moaning like "ohhhh what do we do" and I was pretty sure we were supposed to exchange insurance and call the non-emergency police dispatch, called my mom first to confirm that was right and then called the police, an officer came over and we told him what happened, I made sure to explain that I was still in my lane and he said in NY its considered a no-fault (which doesn't make sense to me bc it was her fault, I was still in my lane). He advised us not to get insurance involved since it would end up being more expensive than just fixing both cars outright, especially with me being young and her being old.

    So we went our seperate ways after he typed some stuff up and gave us sheets with each others info on it. For my car, we just kinda shoved the fender back in place and poked at the dent a little bit and decided thats good enough, it doesn't hurt the car any it just doesn't look as pretty.

    She told me to call her when I got a quote, which I was thinking meant she would pay if we needed, but like I said we ended up poking around at it ourselves and then leaving well enough alone, which I was happy with since she seemed like a sweet old lady and I was happy to not have to charge her for repairs.

    But it turns out that sweet old lady was a false demeanor!

    Today she called me, told me fixing the scratches/dents on the side of her car cost a couple thousand dollars, and that we should go through insurance. Now here is the kicker, all the sudden, she is trying to claim that I WASN'T in my lane and that it was MY fault. She didn't try to claim that when the officer was talking to us, so I think I might be okay, but its REALLY stressing me out because if she succeeds in pushing that angle I'm royally screwed, and no witnesses stopped when the accident happened to back me up.

    I'm really scared she is going to try to screw me over. What should I do??

    submitted by /u/JazzChinchilla
    [link] [comments]

    Husband sharing revenge porn and blackmailing, police said don't have enough evidence

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    This is in California. I'm writing this on behalf of a friend's friend. Her "ex"-husband (though legally still married) is releasing revenge porn to his friends that were stolen from an iCloud account (he lives elsewhere). My friend received a message from one of the people that her husband sent the sextape to that hinted that he has seen it, though not in a definitively stated way. He has verbally mentioned the sex tapes, but hasn't put any of it into writing or anything

    My friend contacted the police but they said that there wasn't enough evidence of him doing anything wrong. She is in the process of getting a restraining order, but other than that it seems that they're saying there's nothing else they can book him on

    Additional detail, she has 2 kids with the husband, and he has been trying to get her to give them to up foster care, though she wants to keep them. I have a feeling that he is blackmailing her with the threat of the sextape in order for some monetary gain (keeping dependent stimulus checks and trying to give up the kids to avoid child support), though I haven't been able to confirm with her if this is the case

    What other recourse could she have if there's no explicit evidence that he has done anything wrong?

    Thanks all

    submitted by /u/One_Drama4068
    [link] [comments]

    Was fired from work last week after almost 9 years. Employer is withholding my last paycheck until I return the office key. I don't have the key and now he is threatening to change the locks and have me pay for it.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    I called the Kansas department of labor and started a claim against them for withholding my final paycheck. My question is if they can make me pay for the change of locks as my old employer is threatening.

    submitted by /u/gorilla1088
    [link] [comments]

    My former employer retroactively cancelled my insurance without coordinating with their COBRA provider resulting in disastrous amounts of medical bills.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    We are in NJ. I ended my employment with my previous company on December 6th (last day). My wife had a major surgery scheduled for December 10th so I was ready to go on COBRA and pay a premium for that month. On December 16th I got a notice from my ex-employer's COBRA provider with continuation of coverage documentation. The documentation stated that my coverage under former employer's plan would end on December 31st. There's even a "Proof of Health Insurance" letter that lists all my dependents and states coverage end day as December 31st. Just to be sure, around Dec 23rd I called health insurance and confirmed that I and all my dependents had coverage at the time. Now on January 9th someone from HR department at my former employer called the health insurer and instructed them to retroactively end my coverage December 5th. Now the health insurance is denying all claims that occurred after December 5th. I'm trying to resolve this amicably with my ex-employer, in theory all they have to do is call insurance provider and move my end of coverage date to December 31st as they previously reported to COBRA. I would even pay the premium for that month. However, if they refuse to do that, do I have any legal recourse available to me? We occurred $60k in medical bills as a result of this mistake.

    submitted by /u/anthonybsd
    [link] [comments]

    Disclosing child sexual abuse on a government document - can legal action be taken without my consent?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    Apologies if this is a bit too specific/complicated.

    Basically I recently filed for disability (in Canada) for my mental illnesses. The psychiatrist that filled out the documents included that I was sexually abused by my father as a child, leading to my diagnosis of PTSD. I'm a bit worried because my parents full names are included in the documents (on my birth certificate). I really don't want him to get into trouble. I know what he did was wrong but I just want to move on and heal without screwing up his life. Do I have to worry that this will potentially be reported to the police without my consent? I'm an adult now, it happened about 20 years ago. My anxiety's eating me up over this. Thank you advance.

    submitted by /u/Ok_computer_3308
    [link] [comments]

    Gifting a car

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'd like to gift a car to my daughter. She is a Pennsylvania resident and I live in NJ. I know that we don't have to pay tax here in NJ for gifts. But is there a tax if its a gift cross state? For her or for me?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Balthezor86
    [link] [comments]

    Pop-Up vendor overstaying their welcome (Arizona)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    I work at a restaurant and in the parking lot, this vendor set up shop. Initially, they were going to be there for about a month, according to their website. It's been almost 4 months and they no longe list a date when they'll be done on their website.

    In that time they've been rude, creepy. They use our restroom, get "water" from our drink dispenser. They litter, have catcalled at least one employee who's a minor, and have asked for discounts. One of them brought his girlfriend in and she seemed to be on something, could barely keep still, kept pulling her mask down and asking weird questions.

    My question is, can we legally do anything to get them out of the parking lot? Or is our only option to complain to the company until they get the clue? One of my managers said we couldn't do anything because the parking lot was public space, but those guys have been treating our place like an extension of their business and it's getting frustrating.

    submitted by /u/GuSam
    [link] [comments]

    Sexual Assault Leading To Pregnancy, Options For Male Victim

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    This takes place in Nevada.

    I have a close friend I've known since we were in the military together. For as long as I've known him, he has never wanted children because he had a traumatic childhood. He had been in a relationship for a little over a year. He found out about a month ago that his girlfriend has been drugging him and having unprotected sex with him. He broke it off with her and cut all contact with her.

    She contacted him a few days ago saying she's pregnant and he's the father. Also, she won't get an abortion and is hoping he'll come back to her (honestly she's crazy, but she peed on a stick and showed him).

    What are his rights here? Can he force an abortion since he was the victim of sexual assault? If not, will he still be held accountable and have to pay child support? What options does he have?

    submitted by /u/arkol3404
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord sent a $1200 cleaning fee to collections after moving out. No attempt to contact resident. Photos of residence at move in and move out show the state of the apartment. What can be done? TX

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Moved out from a rental unit of an apartment complex (landlord is a big company) .

    Pictures were taken at move-in and issues reported, and, at move-out. Unit was left as received. Cleaned by resident.

    A few weeks after move-out, a collections agency calls demanding $1200 for a cleaning bill. There is no cleaning report available to justify the bill.

    This feels like a professional scam. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/andyx1234
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment