• Breaking News

    Friday, July 10, 2020

    Legal Advice - Someone won a claim under my social and has been receiving payments of 20 grand over the last couple years over $100,000

    Legal Advice - Someone won a claim under my social and has been receiving payments of 20 grand over the last couple years over $100,000


    Someone won a claim under my social and has been receiving payments of 20 grand over the last couple years over $100,000

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    I recently received a check in the mail from MetLife for 20 thousand. Initially I thought it was some kind of advertisement for a life insurance showing how much I could earn as I didn't have an account with MetLife. After doing research for an scams similar to this I couldn't find anything so I called the number and didn't give any information to the bot as I was still sketched out.

    I got to a representative who looked up my name then used the last 4 of my social since my name was so common and then confirmed it with my address and date of birth. She confirmed the check was active and that it was from a claim back in 2013 they couldn't get details on the case but I was told these cases usually come from medical malpractice.

    Nothing happened to me in 2013, I was only 14 my parents confirmed they never made a claim for anything. The representative went on to tell me that I should've received checks of this amount previously each year since 2017 and that someone had cashed these checks. I told them I wasn't aware of any claim to which the representative told me we were looking at "major fraud". I'm being sent a copy of the previous checks which I then need to call the nonemergency number and give them those copies so they can open an investigation. I asked what I should do with the check and was told to cash it. The problem is I didn't make it abundantly clear I never made a claim and the representative assumed I had and just never received payment for it.

    Should I leave the check alone and give it over as evidence since I never filed a claim. My family is advising I put into my account and not touch it till the investigation is over. Is their anything I can file against the people who used my ssn Will I see any repercussions from this in the future. As for my credit I locked my credit back in 2017 due to equifax and just recently unfroze it should I freeze it again.

    TLDR: someone has been getting checks under my social from MetLife for a claim I never filed since 2017 for $20,000 each with 3 more payments coming.

    submitted by /u/Carlos-sanchez
    [link] [comments]

    (OH) Father hired me as an employee and “pays” me weekly, then removes the funds from my account

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    My father owns his own business. A few months ago he hired me on to do some remote online work for him. It was a one time payment and I was under the impression I would be terminated from the payroll system after the work was compete. Since then, the company has been paying me weekly for time worked (I do not actually do any work) and then my father transfers the payroll funds to his account once the check clears. We share a bank account, and often transfer money between the two, so he has access to do this. At first I did not notice that I was receiving payroll checks from the company until I looked further into my direct deposit details. This sounds like some form of payroll fraud, but I am unsure if this is something I could get in trouble for. I am a full-time student, and next year will be using my own income for my FAFSA - not sure if these "earnings" would hurt that. I also don't understand why he would be diverting earnings from his own company to himself through faking my employment.

    Should I be worried?

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/GhostFaceEmployee
    [link] [comments]

    I just received an email from reddit saying my account info is being subpoenaed, but I have no idea why. Where do I go from here?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Location: Michigan

    submitted by /u/DavidRandom
    [link] [comments]

    2 big related probs, IA, (1) neighbor drained their pool and flooded our basement (2) it turns out we don't have homeowners insurance

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    First problem: Last Friday night I went into my basement to find that it was flooded. It had rained but not much so we initially believed there was a water leak outside the house that was flooding the basement. We called the utility company to try and get it turned off at the street. They said see if water was visibly pooled anywhere, and when we went out we found that the neighbor had a drain line a few feet from my house, pointing toward my house. There was an extension of the line nearby going toward the street sewer grate, but the hose had been disconnected.

    The neighbors initially said that the line was an unused drain line and couldn't be the cause of my problem. However, the neighbor on the other side of them told me that they know for a fact that the neighbors had drained their in-ground pool. They said that the water got contaminated and they had to drain and re-fill it.

    When confronted with this information the neighbors admitted that they did drain their pool, but said their drain line was going to the street (which they actually are also not supposed to do apparently). They accused me of disconnecting the drain line and pointing it at my basement so that it would ruin the house for insurance money. Of course that did NOT happen.

    On Tuesday night I received an "anonymous" letter. That said, I am pretty sure it came from the neighbors on the other side of them, but I don't have proof. The letter says that the writer's son was at the neighbor's house on July 2nd and that a bunch of people were hanging out in the back yard. They said that the owner's son disconnected the drain line and dragged it off to the side because they wanted to use a gate on the side of their fence to drive a Jeep into the back yard and didn't want to run over the drain with the car. They claim that later that night was when the drain pump was turned on, specifically saying the neighbors drained it overnight so it could be empty ASAP so they could get it filled again in time for a party on the 4th of July. The writer says their son was not involved, the neighbor's son was, but their son feels bad about what happened in my basement and wanted me to know the truth.

    Second problem: I closed on the home 3 weeks ago and got a mortgage via a credit union. I got quotes for insurance and spoke with an agent, and then in the mortgage process had to give the bank the agent's information. What was explained to me at the credit union was that I needed to pay the bank the first year of insurance with my down payment, and they would pay it to the insurance company, that way they know for sure that their investment is insured.

    Closing happened, I paid the bank my down payment and I thought everything was ok. However when I contacted them about my situation they said my insurance was not paid and isn't active. They said they sent me a warning and then another notice that the policy was canceled due to nonpayment, but at the time I was initially talking to them I had not received anything. They said they assumed closing fell through, which happens sometimes.

    Sure enough, this past week I got both of their letters. They had sent them to my old address, and they just took several weeks to be forwarded via USPS.

    In the mean time I had contacted my credit union, who insists that they sent payment to the insurance company after closing. However I have been getting the run around from them, saying that the officer is on vacation and will not be back until this past Thursday. I went into the office both Thursday and Friday and was told he was out sick. I spoke with two other people, who I was given the impression are his superiors but I'm not 100% sure, who are saying that the insurance company was absolutely paid and this must be clerical error on the part of my insurance agent. I asked them for some type of receipt or documentation of the payment and they said they will look for it and get it to me, but they have not done so yet.

    Meanwhile my insurance insists on his side of things. And toward his side of the story he did send me a screenshot of his email program showing 3 sent emails to the credit union with the last one being him saying he hasn't heard back from them or me so he is assuming the sale fell through. Based on his email program it looks like they indeed did not respond to him.

    At this point I feel like I need legal help but I don't know where to begin. Is there hope in this situation or did I just ruin my life by buying this house?

    Is the situation with me paying the first year of insurance to the credit union, and them paying the insurance company, typical, or did I get scammed/screwed over in some way? (I know this is not a legal question per se but at this point I have no clue what to think anymore.)

    submitted by /u/nehomehaters
    [link] [comments]

    My new employer has a tip jar, but claims since he pays the minimum wage, all tips go back to the business. Is this legal? *Illinois*

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    I just started a job at a restaurant. I'm not a full server per se. I take orders at the counter, but also run food and drink to customers in the dining room and also bus tables, answer phones, and pack up to-go orders. They have a tip jar on the counter that usually gets pretty full every night. My employer says, however, that all tips go back into the business since he pays me my state minimum wage (IL). This seems misleading for the customers at the very least. I know when I leave something in a tip jar, its with the assumption that the money will go to the workers. One man tried to hand me 2 dollars as a tip, but my manager took the money and just put it under the register. I've tried to do a little looking and my confusion is mostly this. Am I considered a tipped worker? From what I understood from the law, businesses are required to pay a minimum of 60% of the minimum wage, but doesn't that imply that they are able to pay more if they want to while still allowing workers to receive tips? From what my employer is saying, it sounds like I'm not a tipped worker because he pays the minimum wage. Is this legal or should I consider making a report to the state?

    submitted by /u/Oliveforthis
    [link] [comments]

    Cashier stole $500 help

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    A cashier at rite aid added a $500 amazon gift card to my wife's order after she left (debit card used as credit). The bank can't do anything about it and rite aid is dodging us about refunding... this has happened to 5 other people who didn't ask for a receipt. I really don't know what to do... it's been 3 hours and rite aid is keeping what happened under wraps. It doesn't seem like they are willing to do anything

    submitted by /u/D_ROC_
    [link] [comments]

    New Neighbor wants to leave 11 year old alone for two weeks

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    I met my new neighbor today when she came to my house. She asked for a huge favor. She has to go to jail in Georgia for two weeks in August (I live in Florida), she gave a story that made no sense. The big favor: she wants me to keep an eye on her 11 year old daughter and her two dogs, as they will be staying in her home alone the entire time she is gone!! Her daughter will get herself to school and back. She said she would feel better if she knew that her daughter could come to me if she ran into any problems. What in the world? I'm speechless. That's not even legal, right?

    submitted by /u/BlackieT
    [link] [comments]

    My first big mess up in 3 years at my job and now they plan on firing me Monday

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Background: [I work for a credit union as a loan processor. I recently closed a large secured loan of $123,000. In doing so, only $90,000 of the funds were secured at the closing and the customer took off with the extra $33,000, gambling it away in Vegas. My credit union is filing a lawsuit against the customers. ]

    [Now it is my duty to ensure the loans are closed properly and that the credit unions interests are secured. However, it is the job of the underwriter to ensure the collateral and loan terms are correctly entered in the system before the loan is set to close.]

    My job is having me drive all the way to HQ from my local branch i process out of, to "talk" about the incident. I believe they may fire me due to this. However, exactly 4 minutes before i called the customer to close the loan, I first called the director of lending to double check the loan terms to ensure they were correct before the loan closing. (He is my boss.) He said it was good to go and i closed it. However, HE only entered $90,000 in the secured amount, so the member got an extra $33,000 out of the transaction.

    My bosses are blaming me, stating I should have audited the loan before i left that day, however, no one in the whole company audits loans the same day they close.

    Now I have printed out the file maintenance history from our system reflecting that it was the director of lending who entered the secured pledge amount and that he approved the loan terms 4 minutes before i closed it.

    So my questions:

    1. Can they fire me for costing the credit union $33,000 in losses, even though it was the fault of both me and the DIRECTOR OF LENDING?

    2. In the state of Illinois, can I still collect unemployment due to this being the reason I'm fired?

    3. Do I have grounds to sue the company if they fire me and not the director of lending being that we were both at fault?

    4. Do I have the right to film this conversation my company is going to have with me on Monday for the protection of my workers rights, and can they fire me for wanting to film the interaction?

    5. Can the credit union take recourse against me to reclaim the $33,000? Am I liable to pay that money to my employer if they cant retreive it from the customer who took it?

    I really need help before Monday, because this is my first fulltime job and I have only been there 3 years. I am the sole supporter/earner for my baby girl and girl friend. I cannot afford to lose my job, let alone lose my job without unemployment in this current job environment. Thank you for reading/helping.

    submitted by /u/dutchmen29
    [link] [comments]

    Received an online Walmart order 3 months after I requested a refund (WI)

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    I placed an order for DVDs from Walmart online in early April. After a couple weeks, I noticed that tracking wasn't updating on the package & stayed at "Shipping Label Created". I messaged Walmart customer service who informed me that the item was lost, & due to stock issues, they could not send me another copy & issued me a refund. I ended up ordering the DVDs from another retailer with no issue. Well, it's been 3 months since I placed the order with Walmart/got my refund, & I have received the DVDs I originally ordered. What do I do? I know Walmart is notorious for theft accusations, so I'm terrified to try to return these/contact Walmart customer service.

    submitted by /u/derbyabby
    [link] [comments]

    Someone used a video of me in a documentary without contacting me

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    I made a video on YouTube years ago about my chronic illness. Deleted after few months. This must have been five years ago. Today I've been informed that video was used in a documentary. I'm in shock and pretty upset about this.

    Are they not legally supposed to ask permission

    submitted by /u/Spicycarrottop
    [link] [comments]

    (New Jersey) Discovered leak, resolved the problem that day via building super, landlord says we are responsible because we emailed her after learning it was permanent (14 days after incident)

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    The pipe connecting to the fridge ice maker (which we haven't ever used) had some leak due to fridge malfunction. We saw the floorboards were wet, we called the buildings super immediately, who came and turned the water to the fridge off. Two weeks later, we saw the floorboards were not returning to their original color. We texted the super if this is expected. He said yes, it will be permanent. We emailed our landlord immediately.

    Now landlord has responded saying that house cannot be sold in this condition, and cites a clause in our lease: "Damage, Fire or Other Catastrophe: In the case of fire damage or other damage to the Unit not caused by the Tenant, Tenant shall give Landlord immediate notice of same." Landlord says we did not contact her immediately, but 14 days later. She says she needs to replace all the flooring because of the 14 days. I can post the full clause if it's allowed by the subreddit. FWIW, it seems the clause is written in case of damages that would require repair or termination of the lease due to resulting uninhabitable conditions. The clause does not say anything about liability for the damage. My guess is that the landlord will try to use this to make us forfeit our security deposit, as we will move out soon.

    I was planning to reply that we only became aware that it was permanent two weeks later from texting the building super, and then contacted her immediately upon learning that (we are planning to attach pictures of the text message exchange with the super). Furthermore, the situation was resolved immediately, and no further damages occurred after this.

    TL;DL: floorboards damaged by no fault of our own, super resolved problem, we later learned discoloration was permanent, immediately contacted landlord, who says we are responsible because we contacted her 14 days after the incident occurred.

    Questions: Can this clause be used to hold us responsible? In the time between the incident and our contact, no further damage occurred. How should I respond to the landlord? Should we also mention that she has not given us written notice about the interest on our security deposit?

    submitted by /u/tenantthrowawayten
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get custody of my Half Sister

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    So this is a bit of a long and complicated story and I need some help going forward.

    I'm adopted. My birth mother lost me when I was 6 months old. She had gotten pregnant with me at 15 and I was taken away from her when she was around 16-17 due to some complicated circumstances but I think I would've been taken away from her eventually and I'm honestly glad I did. I reunited with her on New Years Eve of 2018 over Facebook. And we first met around January/February of 2019. I gave her the benefit of the doubt in the begining, because she had seemed to be off much better than when she left me. And In all fairness she is. But at times she feels like she's at the adult equivalent of getting pregnant at 15. She had my half sister with her ex husband, and now she has a fiancé and they live about two hours away from me up in the mountains. We live in California Incase that's relevant for laws.

    At first I was under the impression she was taking pretty good care of my sister, until I met more of the family. She had kept me from my grandparents for about a year after we met, and held me over their heads because they obviously wanted to reconnect with me as well. She doesn't like my grandfathers new wife for various reasons but I don't want to derail it too much just know that's relevant to this.

    Like I said I gave her the benefit of the doubt, I know I myself can be messy so I didn't think much of it at the time when her car was full of trash and her house was kind of thrashed. But at this point it's been two years, nothing has changed. The house is a mess, my half sister doesn't have any clean clothes, she doesn't have a tooth brush, there's exposed tacks where the carpet is peeling back that she's stepped on several times while I've been here for just a day. I had to ask her to change several times to find clothing that was clean enough for her to be in. The dishes are piled to where I even cook her anything for lunch so we just reheated some left overs. The house smells because no one cleans the cat box, apparently my sister is supposed to do it. She's also supposed to do all the dishes. As well as feed the cats. Meanwhile her room is a mess the entire house is a mess and her mom says she's supposed to be cleaning her room but then my mom will go sit in the car and smoke pot while the rest of the house is a complete disaster. Great example you're setting. My sister is 8, she just turned 8 this year. I feel like she shouldn't be doing all the chores in the house as well as cleaning up her room when her mom barely lifts a finger when she gets home from work. Another wonderful example she sets is her smoking pot while driving. Yes. All the time, constantly, everytime i have ever been in the car with her she smokes.

    Speaking of work. Whenever my mom is at work, so is her fiancé. Which means they can't leave my 8 year old sister at home and I doubt they want to hire a baby sister because they would get cps on their asses real fast, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time. So instead of staying home my sister goes with my moms fiancé. What does he do you ask? He's a contractor. So he works on a lot of the houses and properties in the area. She either sits in the car and occupies herself, or, she helps him. She's told me she's helped him rake, shovel gravel, and paint, I think she's also helped him clean places too. Once again she is 8 years old.

    Going back to my grandparents and more members of my family, the testimonies I've gotten from them honestly make me worried for my sister. They have close friends that they met at a Renaissance fair one year. You want to know what happened? After knowing these people for 30 minutes my mom and her husband at the time asked them to watch my sister, who was a baby at the time. Originally it was only supposed to be for 30 minutes, maybe an hour. It ended up becoming 6 hours she left my baby sister with strangers at the time. My mom used to do some kind of sex work and my grandmother told me she had gone to meet with a client while bringing my sister with her. My mother has also turned her against part of the family, specifically my grandmother. Trying to convince her they're bad despite the fact that my mom almost landed my grandfather in jail because she was going to fudge documents to get cash aid and food stamps, OR forge my grandfathers signature if he didn't sign it. She also refuses to let laineys father see her, and while he also isn't a great person she never gave him a choice and just took her away and never lets her see him.

    There is so much I could say here honestly but a lot of it is word of mouth from her family which I'm not sure hold up well legally. However I'm currently at her house and I've gathered plenty of pictures and video evidence of the state of the house, her smoking pot while driving, and also me talking to my sister and asking her questions about some things. I want so badly to get her into my custody. The parents who adopted me are amazing and wonderful and I have a stable home life and I would be able to take care of her with them I just don't know exactly what steps to take from here.

    submitted by /u/m0msforseti
    [link] [comments]

    We were ten days late paying our rent because of a mixup with a new bank account, LandLord posted an order to vacate on my door this morning

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    So we recently moved into this trailer park and this was our first time paying rent here. They wanted us to use this app to pay rent. We clicked our payment and then it said that we didn't have any other charges. Except it took a few extra days for the money to process and come out of our accounts. We notified him right away, but we literally never got a reply to our text messages OR the emails we sent him. We've been trying to get ahold of him for weeks now because we needed to put a maintenance request in, but he also never responded.

    We figured it wasn't going to be a problem but when we woke up to take the dog out this morning, we had a notice on our door that said we had 3 days to leave the property or he would move to evict us. We have a year lease, and are just kind of panicking right now. I don't know what to do, and I was off of work for COVID so we cant really afford a lawyer. It's a sort of paycheck to paycheck situation at the moment.

    If we are able to stay here, ALL future payment will be happening by certified mail or money order, so we have PROOF that we paid it. We even sent our landlord screen shots of the program saying we paid it, but again, hadn't heard anything other than a vacate order. Please help me. I don't know what to do, and I don't want to be kicked out of my home. We don't have anywhere else to go.

    I am in Ohio if that helps at all.

    submitted by /u/what_about_myself
    [link] [comments]

    I'm legally changing my name at the end of the month, but will be doing field work as a biologist during my court date. How do I request of change of court date AND to Zoom or over the phone?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    The title has most of the information. I've already filed paperwork with the court house, which I don't know if they have a telephone number? Or which department I would speak with? I don't have a lawyer (maybe that's obvious...).

    I'll be in the otherside of the state (my court house is in Canoga Park, California) during my court hearing for my name change. I don't want to go to court physically because

    1) I probably can't get out of field work

    2) COVID-19

    How do I request a phone or zoom or whatever hearing? Who do I contact?

    submitted by /u/IchTanze
    [link] [comments]

    Over $300 taken from my bank account because someone else’s cashapp was hacked.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    (OHIO) I apologize if this isn't the best place to post this.

    The other day I had over $300 pulled out of my bank account by cashapp. The reason given for the charge was that a friend of mine disputed a transaction and was refunded money from my account. I immediately unlinked my bank account from cashapp.

    When I contacted my friend she informed me that her account was hacked and someone was able to steal over $700 from cashapp refunds. She deactivated her cashapp account and is currently in contact with her bank to try and get the refunded money back. She has provided me with proof of all of this.

    I contacted my bank with this information and they told me that I have to dispute these charges through cashapp. When I contacted cashapp's customer support with all of this information (including my friend's info), I was told that the refund is final and I will not be reimbursed even though they did absolutely no investigation into the fraudulent dispute.

    Was my money unlawfully taken from my account? Is there anything else I can do to get my money back? I feel as though this is a serious security issue that cashapp needs to address.

    Thanks in advance for your advice. If there is a better subreddit that I should post this in, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/Phencyclidine-n-dash
    [link] [comments]

    Dealership requesting more money?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    My husband just bought a truck from a local dealership and he received a letter today stating, "In receiving your purchase, we found that there is a balance due on your account. The balance is due to a difference in payoff on the 2916 Ford Focus that you traded in. When you traded in your vehicle, we set up an amount of $18,462.00 to payoff the loan through Golden 1 Credit Union. However, the payoff was $18,540.91. The total difference due to the dealership is $78.91. Please contact us so we can collect payment."

    So our question is, the paperwork he signed on was for the amount of $18,462.00 so are they even allowed to collect the difference and what will happen if he doesn't pay it?

    Thanks for any help!

    Edit: We bought the car and live in Southern California.

    submitted by /u/bambi_-bear
    [link] [comments]

    (WA) - Washing Machine Broke and Flooded, Collections Saying I'm Liable

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    About a year ago I was renting an apartment in a big corporate apartment complex. I put my sheets in the washing machine to wash and then me and my roommate went to McDonalds real quick to grab dinner. When we came back the apartment was flooding due to a hose in the washing machine breaking and spewing water. I turned off the washing machine and called the emergency maintenance immediately. They came and helped get all the water out and dry the apartment. This caused damages such as the water leaking through the floor into the apartment below and dripping through the ceiling. The apartment fixed everything over two weeks. I never was told anything else, except to 'not use the washing machine under the 'super' load option'. Yesterday I got a claim to my insurance saying I'm liable for the flooding and damage to the apartment. My insurance says water damage is excluded based on my policy of personal liability and if I am deemed at fault they would only pay $1000 of $20000.

    I am not at fault for the washing machine breaking. The insurance company is still waiting on the theory of liability and damages from the collections agency that put in the claim but I figured I should speak to a lawyer to see what my options are. Which I've begun to do so by reaching out for consultations to multiple agencies. Am I doing this correctly? I believe the 'theory of liability' will be something like my sheets caused the washing machine to break and flood the apartment and so I'm liable for damages.

    This really came out of the blue, they never told me anything about if I'd owe anything or what. I've never said I'm at fault or accepted any debt in any way shape or form. (cause I'm not) I think they're just tryna pass the buck on me to cover it instead.

    Going forward is there anything else I should be doing? I was not expecting my insurance to straight up say they wouldn't cover it cause water damage is 'excluded' or something under my policy. I'm also still waiting on their decision on if they accept im at fault or not but I'll be fighting this either way. It's not like I did anything out of the normal that would be deemed negligent, I washed my sheets like I had done many times before and it's not like it had overfilled the washing machine or anything.

    submitted by /u/MARSILIUS
    [link] [comments]

    Child support - Can you sue the state?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    I've been paying child support regularly for 3 years. My ex and child moved to another state over 2 years ago and my payments were and have been sent through my home state.

    My ex has applied for state health insurance and so her state has been trying to take over child support.

    Once I heard about this I contacted both states to make sure they were handling this because I didnt want to show being in arrears because of an oversight. 2 months later and it happend.

    I got a letter last week saying I owed 3 months of back child support. I just recieved a notice on my credit report and got a letter in the mail yesterday saying a judgement or something has been applied to my future tax returns.

    My state has not been communicating with hers that child support is being paid. I've called her states case worker and she said its because of my state and my state hasn't been responding to her requests.

    I'm pretty pissed, I've never missed a child support payment nor spousal support payment and just like that action has been taken against me. I only noticed the credit ding because I was notified by credit karma of a new account on my credit report.

    Do I have any leg to stand on? Am I just over reacting and it isn't that big of a deal for a case?

    My biggest fear is that this doesn't get resolved and somehow I end up in jail or am forced to travel 8 hours to appear in court to prevent something. Or be forced to pay 2x child support so each state is satisfied until this is fixed.

    Suggestions?

    I'm in Michigan

    submitted by /u/BannanasAreEvil
    [link] [comments]

    I (23F) just found out my birth certificate says I’m male. I was born in the US. Do I need to register for the draft?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    So I am a cisgender female born in the US. I make that clarification because I am not transgender but I found out a couple years ago that my birth certificate says Male. I havent really had any problems bar a couple times I've had it say Male on some of my health cards. I've lived in Ireland since I was 15.

    I'm wondering if I'm going to have any negative repercussions from the US for not registering for the draft or whatever. I already know a lot of people in the same boat have had issues entering certain countries because they're in a "gay marriage", but I don't think that would be too much of an issue.

    I have thought about moving back to the US with my boyfriend (but we would be married by then). I don't want them banging down my door for not registering for the draft. I finally found some papers to try to have it officially changed, but honestly I think it's kinda funny and cool. Plus, some people would pay to be in my situation.

    Is this something to worry about or not really? (Both my US and Irish passports say female and my mom says she's been able to get around it my whole life. SHE KNEW and didnt tell me!)

    submitted by /u/gonetodublin
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Bank Closed My Account and wont give me my money back!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    So a rundown of my situation,

    Fidelity investments closed my two individual cash management accounts totaling around 13k on 6/19. Told me in order to get the funds back from my account I had to have the sender of the funds "recall" the funds. So take the money back and send to me another way. Fidelity has stated that they are no longer doing business with me as a customer and that includes any money movement on their end. They have also stated that if I am unable to get the funds recalled they will just sit in the accounts with them. For them not to be doing business having my money in the accounts is. I contacted ADP to reverse my last three deposits in the account. ADP stated they would attempt and would make a one time exception. When ADP tried reversing the deposits they got an error that it was unsuccessful because the funds were "settled" which of course they would be because it's been over a month that the money has been deposited. ADP has stated that there is nothing else they can do. And Fidelity is still refusing to return my money saying I have to work it out with ADP

    It is 7/11 and I still have not received any written notification from Fidelity about closure or how to obtain my money out of the accounts. Fidelity has stated there is nothing else that they are doing and are even refusing to transfer me to the team that close my account (the risk) team

    Does anyone have any advice about what I can do or what steps i can take next to get MY money back?! Will I need a lawyer to get MY money back that they are refusing to give back to me?! Please any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Rjlarry11
    [link] [comments]

    Having two jobs at once in California?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    Short story is that I'm in 100% remote (even before COVID) salaried position and have become extremely efficient at my job, allowing me to do a day's work in about two hours. I'd like to pick up a second job to supplement my income. Is there any law against my getting a second job without telling my current employer? Does it make a difference if it's a contracted or fully employed position? Can my current employer fire or discipline me for "disloyalty" or something similar?

    submitted by /u/WestSorbet
    [link] [comments]

    My Living Situation is Hell and I Want To Report My Mother for Abusing My Sibling with Autism

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    So, I'm not sure if this is the best subreddit to post my situation to, but i'm not sure where else I can post this.

    My living situation has been terrible for as long as I can remember. I'm a 20 year old college student, I live in Washington state. I'm not sure how much longer I can live with my family. I've lived in a two story townhome for all of my life, it's really poorly put together since it was made in the 70's. The ceiling has fallen down several times due to water damage, we have mold and ants, our landlord doesn't fix anything, etc. Since I was 14 our situation got worse, because my dad left to live in another state for a few years, but eventually came back. My mother wouldn't take care of anything while he was gone. She became the full time care provide of my older brother (26) who is about mid-spectrum on the ASD. He cannot verbally share his own thoughts or feelings, he will basically just give you yes or no answers, or tell you about very basic things he likes or doesn't like. My mother became abusive towards my brother around the time my dad left. She started using this singing app, called smule, and she's literally addicted to it. she neglects everything around her and puts all of her attention into this app. she won't properly bathe my brother, she doesn't properly clean his clothes, she won't make nutritious meals for him and just buys him things from the dollar store to eat or food bank food and occasionally fast food. My brother began to run away because of how miserable he was, and would get into physical/verbal altercations with her, due to the lack of ability in stating that he's frustrated with his situation (like punching her arm) that she would escalate by screaming at him and grabbing a wooden stick to beat him with. My dad lives with us since he has been back, he's usually the mediator between their altercations, but he lives in our garage, so he hardly sees us. he also has several health issues such as kidney disease, congestive heart failure, a weakened immune system, etc. from prior drug abuse so he has little to no energy to help take care of my brother most of the time. Im also the only person in my family who works, my parents earn their income by the government through taking care of my brother. I'm unable to do much since i'm never home because I go to school and I work part time in retail, I also go see my boyfriend who lives an hour away on my days off. In recent years i've become increasingly fed up with my situation, and how my brother is treated. I've began to gather evidence of the abuse and living situation, but I fear that if I do report her, my brother gets taken away and placed in some home where he will just run away or will be severely neglected. I also want to know if there are any options for me regarding living situations, like as a college student does reduced income housing exist?

    TL;DR: My mother that I live with is abusive and neglecting my autistic brother and I want to know if it's smart to report her, and I want to know if there's anything I can do about my living situation as a college student

    submitted by /u/10milliondaifuku
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment