• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 8, 2020

    Legal Advice - My boyfriend lost his eye, work telling him he needs to wear a prosthetic.

    Legal Advice - My boyfriend lost his eye, work telling him he needs to wear a prosthetic.


    My boyfriend lost his eye, work telling him he needs to wear a prosthetic.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    My boyfriend lost his eye a few years ago in a shooting. he is the supervisor of a couple departments at a grocery store. his boss told him he has to wear a fake eye because it "makes customers uncomfortable". my boyfriend really does not want to do that cause it makes him uncomfortable. does he legally have to wear a fake eye to work? this is in MA if that means anything

    edit: thank you to everyone who helped, it means a lot. and thanks to the mods for being dope!

    submitted by /u/swavybaby
    [link] [comments]

    Adult Child Identity Theft by Parent.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    US NC
    My parents have stolen both my sister and mine's identity. I have tried to log into the three major credit companies and it showed that car loans, house equity loans and other loans on both accounts. I am not sure how to go about fixing this. I was about to go no contact with my parents due to their abusive behavior. I really don't have the resources to go to court right now. Is there any other way?

    submitted by /u/Legal-Magazine
    [link] [comments]

    is it illegal for a parent to deprive you of medication?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    hi, i am prescribed a typical amphetamine for my severe adhd. it helps a TON, but the only issue is that it makes my appetite non existent. my mom really doesn't like that, so she hid them from me. i haven't taken them in about a month and it's taking a toll on me and my ability to function normally and i'm just now considering, is that even legal? ive been 18 for almost 4 months but i'm still dependent and live with them and they pay for my medication (whatever minuscule copay there is after insurance). also i live in texas if that's relevant.

    submitted by /u/XxMazzy
    [link] [comments]

    [Texas] I’m about to report a sex crime against a minor, I need to know what to be prepared for as far as retaliation against me in my workplace.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Posting on an alt for privacy.

    I work for a medical practice, and part of my job is putting labs into a template to prep their chart for an appointment. While prepping a patient's chart, I came across notes from the patient's last visit in which she told the doctor that she and her husband caught her stepson (husband's son, minor) sexually abusing their toddler (daughter of both parents). It is noted in the chart that the mother has suspected the stepson for over a year. The way this was uncovered paired with the speaking ability of the child makes it undoubtable that this is a true account of what happened, and the daughter is not just making this up. The husband, who is a celebrity, does not want to report this to the police. I also have reason to believe that the doctor did not report this to the police, which I am aware is illegal. Due to the fact that everyone in Texas is a mandated reporter, and due to my sense of moral obligation (I have a 6yo niece), I am going to make a report to CPS. Please tell me if I am wrong, but I believe that I am legally able to provide CPS with the parents names and address (both are patients), as the presence of a crime nullifies doctor-patient confidentiality.

    Reporting is not something I am questioning at all. What I want to know is what would happen to my job if it somehow got back to my boss (say, if the doctor is the only person that has been told about this) and I was fired. I am unsure if I legally have to let him know that I am reporting this, and what litigation against him would look like were I to be fired. The practice is private, and has under 20 employees, and the doctor who this was told to is the owner of the practice. Here is what I specifically want to know:

    • If I were to report this, it got back to my boss, and I was fired, would this be wrongful termination?

    • My boss is a millionaire. If I were to sue for wrongful termination, what would this look like? My husband and I are upper-middle class, we are unsure if we would be buried in legal bills

    • If I were to sue for wrongful termination, would I be able to choose what the suit would be for? I'm worried about suing and the resolution to the lawsuit being to get me my job back.

    Due to covid and my health issues making me high-risk, if I was fired, I am unsure that I would be able to find another job before the end of the year. I need to know how to go about this in a way that protects me financially without bending on reporting. If I have to lose my job so that these kids (the toddler at the very least) get some help, then so be it. Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/redheadedstepaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Unbalance neighbor lied me into a psychiatric hold

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Phoenix, AZ - A now former neighbor who has mental issues called some kind of hotline and identified himself as if he were me. He then said that he (I) was going to get my gun and shoot up my apartment complex. The police came, put me in handcuffs and took me to a psychiatric facility for a 3 day hold that I thankfully didn't have to do all of.

    I'm looking into becoming a flight attendant and I know that on the background check it asks if you've ever been in a psych facility. Can I get the hold nullified or anything like that? If I choose to lie on the application, is the hold public information, can I be found out?

    submitted by /u/unhingedneighbor69
    [link] [comments]

    Hot coffee thrown at wife's face by customer who didn't read the sales sign correctly and lashed out

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Its been 6 months and we've been waiting for a response from Nordstrom where my wife worked so she ended up quitting. Basically a customer threw hot coffee at her for not giving her what she thought the sales signs read.

    She's gotten no response from the company and from what we heard from old co-workers that they basically are ignoring the whole ordeal.

    Anything we can do om our end or is it just something to let go of after this long wait

    submitted by /u/tonb4287
    [link] [comments]

    Injured at work, told I’d have disciplinary action against me.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    To start I live in Nevada and work for a major retailer (not going to name names for anonymity). I've been here for 2.5 years and I am disabled (not a physical disability).

    Now I was CAPing bins in bakery (basically doing inventory) in a freezer when I slipped on black ice and landed on my knee. I had a co-worker get a manager as I was hurt. When I explained the situation to the manager I was told that I could file an incident report but that if I did that I'd have a disciplinary action against me. I have issues with anxiety, depression and I have Asperger syndrome so to avoid extra stress I opted to avoid that. Fast forward to Tuesday and I decide I need to get my knee checked at the walk-in. When I explained that I was told I'd get a disciplinary action I was told that that was illegal and was an intimidation tactic.

    I'm worried I'll loose my job and with everything happening right now I've got no idea what to do. I'm already going to look into an attorney but I want to know; what can I do, what can my employer actually get away with and would I stand a chance against a major retailer if it came to a suit? Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/TruthIsALie94
    [link] [comments]

    My former step-siblings (16M, 17F) have been kicked out their by their abusive father’s (52M) house and fear for safety/lives of they return. How can I (21M) pursue gaining custody of them while ensuring their safety during the process

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    For backstory, the father in question has a history of violent physical abuse. He has beaten and choked my mother, his children, and myself on multiple occasions. He has never faced any legal ramifications for these action for multiple reason.

    Recently, the father has decided to kick three of my (technically former) sibling out of the house or unclear reasons. In the ensuing argument he threaten on their lives. The police have made it clear that the father must let them return but the kids no longer feel safe in that household. They are staying with me and I believe am finally in a financial position to become their legal guardian. How would I go about fighting for their custody while ensuring their safety.

    submitted by /u/lop134
    [link] [comments]

    My renters grew cannabis without my consent and vacated the home a few weeks ago (without notice). Now I am being fined $205,000 by the police. Please help.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/YJUnj1g

    Hello, I am a homeowner of several property and to my "misfortune" of never having to pursue legal action, I have zero experience in how to handle this situation...

    I rented one of my homes to a seemingly nice family of 5 (couple and 3 toddler kids) for about 6 months. For more context, I previously renovated this home in March 2019 which costed me $25,000. While I usually check up on my renters, because of coronavirus I respected these families' privacy upon request. I didn't suspect malpractice or anything out of the ordinary because they always paid on time and I hired a pest control company to spray outside and inside the house every 2 months- which they visited in May; This point infuriates me because that means I have paid this company over $1,500 dollars to not complete their work. If they would've done their job and went inside they would've notified me of the growing.. I also didn't suspect anything because while they allegedly vacated the home weeks prior to June 26th (police opened an investigation dated in letter) they still paid the June rent. Currently this family has fled and has not been found. I am going to give the police their social securities and all information I have on them.

    While on vacation with my family, I came back to receive this letter from the police and am still in shock. $204,000 fine because of growing cannabis on one of my properties. This family dodged all my calls and when I went to the property it was an absolute horror. The whole house reeked of dead animals, the fences boarded up, the windows destroyed, and the inside ruined. Keep in mind that all this happened in less than 2-3 months since I visited the property sometime in early March. There were danger signs by the police posted and to keep out so I never entered the property. However, I grabbed the notice on the door done by the building inspector who mentioned destroyed Sheetrock, removed insulation, all the HVAC systems broken or altered, and the house being unsafe for living. These fines amounted to about $5,000.

    All in all, it will cost me a hell of a lot more than 25,000 to remodel the home, a minimum of 5k in property fines, and this 205k fine to worry about which the city only gave me a total of SEVEN days to pay off. I didn't see this letter until this morning.

    Today, I called the non-emergency police line and they redirected me everywhere bouncing line to line and ultimately being unhelpful. I drove to the city police department and it's closed due to covid. I went to the clerk office and it's closed as well. I do have connections with the city's mayor (he attends several of charity events I've hosted) so I plan on emailing him, but otherwise I'm at a total loss on what to do. I have no idea who to contact to appeal this fine. The only set plan I have for tomorrow morning July 8 is to call the building inspector whose name is on the notice I got from the door.

    If there is any advice please let me know. I never had an attorney represent me before (I left a few associates of mine a message but they have ignored them) and I have no idea how to proceed- who do I call, who do I reach out to, how can I get this family to pay for these damages when they are found by the police (to my knowledge, debt collection does not attach to credit score and social unlike child support) If you could also give me a best case scenario or realistic scenario of how this plays out that would be greatly appreciated. If I were to pay the full amounts, it would ruin me and my family greatly. I don't have nearly enough to cover these costs. Although not vital to the post, I also have several receipts to document my claims.

    Receipts: •Renters signed agreement to not grow on the property.

    •I have transactions of remodeling fees and the pest control company showing I wasn't being negligent (indicated by fine).

    •Only reason why this occurred is because of coronavirus... In my state/city we were enforced to stay home and quarantine. I simply respected these family's wishes to social distance and just wire me the rent. If not for these unprecedented circumstances, I would have checked up on these homes.

    •Recorded conversations with the renters. Respectfully asking me to give them space for their kids. Me telling them to take care of the home and to be relaxed on the rent deadlines. Also, because I haven't heard from them in the previous weeks, I texted them several times when I should expect July rent with no reply showing I had no idea they vacated my property.

    •requested letters of rec on my character from notable members of community to show I am not a criminal. And I did not permit the growing of cannabis on my property.

    Please and thank you for your advice, if any. I am horrified how these next few weeks will play out.. 2020 has been terrible. And if there is any additional documentation I need to post, please let me know and I will upload them or message to you.

    submitted by /u/hieptranjd
    [link] [comments]

    My car was taken from tow yard before I could get my personal belongings and release it.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    I was in an accident on July 3rd and my car was towed to a local tow yard. I spoke with the at fault drivers insurance company and repeatedly told them I could not go pick up my belongings and tags due to my severe injuries. They attempted to bully me into releasing the vehicle so they could remove it from the tow yard and declare it totaled. I would not give in and told them I would pick up my stuff when I physically able but I would not release it until then. Today I spoke with them and they admitted they towed it from the local tow yard to their yard over an hour away. They are apologizing and saying the tow yard should never have released it. Is there a law or regulation they broke by removing it before I released it? Also they say they will have someone go through my belongings and mail it to me. I am not comfortable with someone mishandling or potentially stealing my belongings and feel they should tow it back.

    Edit : I am located in Charleston, SC

    submitted by /u/Just-Stitious
    [link] [comments]

    I got kicked out on the 4th of July. Can I pick up my stuff?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    I'm nineteen years old. I was living with my aunt from the start of the pandemic. On the Fourth of July she told me I had to be out by the next day. I was upset and I told her I could be gone by that night... I packed up what I could take with me and left. Is what she did illegal? Can I go pick up the remainder of my stuff? If I can, do I have to let her know 24 hours beforehand or something? I have mail from my bank and employer with her address on it. CA

    submitted by /u/flyinglawlie
    [link] [comments]

    When can a renter with an ESA be denied?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    (US, Montana)

    My parents bought a single-unit condo with 3 bedrooms for me (21) to live in during my time in college. We rent out the second and third rooms, and the rent checks help cover the mortgage. My parents own two properties - the house they live in, and this condo which I live in.

    I have been talking to a guy who is interested in filling our vacant 3rd room. The day before we were supposed to FaceTime and see if he would be a good fit, I learned he has an ESA (a dog). Our condo has a no-pets policy, but but he wants us to reconsider because it is an ESA.

    We don't have a yard, and I have a mild dog allergy. Most of our common area flooring is carpet and I don't have time to vacuum more than once a week, so I'd just have to live with itchy, irritable eyelids. Additionally... I just don't want to have to clean up after a dog.

    Are we legally allowed to deny him the room because he has a dog, even though it is an ESA?

    submitted by /u/probablynotyoda
    [link] [comments]

    My mom has gone crazy, and she’s abusing adderall.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    I (m16) have been verbally abuse by my mother (f40) for a week now, and she's gone completely crazy. She can't remember things I said just a few seconds ago. She also struggles heavily to complete a sentence. She is probably losing her job today because she refused to go to work. I'm leaving her with my step dad tonight. He isn't my legal guardian, and idk what she will do to get me back. If she tries to get me back I'm going to my grandmas house. I'm at the end of my rope with her. Please I need to know my rights and my options for living. I live in Wisconsin for law reference.

    submitted by /u/SIR_THICKNUT
    [link] [comments]

    My dog was attacked in my apartment complex and animal control does not want to get involved. (TX)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    My husband and I were on a walk in our apartment complex with our dog (on a leash, which he always is) and when we walked through a breezeway, a dog suddenly came around the corner out of a garage and without provocation latched on to him. The dog dragged him back towards their garage apartment and bit him several times and tried to shake him around. There was a lot of screaming going on which gathered a ton of witnesses.

    My dog is injured and traumatized but he will be okay, but only because he latched into his back and not his neck. The owners were completely unable to restrain him and it took us hitting the dog repeatedly and fighting the dog to get him to release our dog. I strongly believe he would have killed him if we hadn't fought so much.

    When we called animal control, they said they can't do anything because the dog didn't bite us, just our dog. I think this dog is dangerous because he attacked him with zero warning and refused to let go and the owners were unable to help in any way. My question is this, is there really no way to have this dog even investigated to see if it is dangerous? Also I am strapped with $700 medical bills as of now not including whatever may come at his follow up on Friday. Would it require a civil lawsuit to have them pay us this money?

    On a good note, our apartment complex has responded immediately and told us the dog was unauthorized anyways due to a breed restriction and that they are beginning the process of making them remove the dog.

    I appreciate any advice.

    submitted by /u/fredthasled
    [link] [comments]

    Can my employer lock me in?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    On mobile so apologies about formatting.

    I work as a security guard in Texas. We have to use electronic keys to unlock the gate to the sites we guard and we are supposed to lock ourselves in. The sites are somewhat dangerous and things have been known to explode so I'm already unsure of the legality of the situation on a good day, but today is worse.

    Due to my sleep-deprived brain, I forgot to refresh my key so it no longer works. They are sending someone out to my location to reset my key, but the place still needs to be guarded until they can get here.

    My employer's brilliant solution was to have the guard that was leaving let me in and then lock the gate behind themselves on their way out. Now I can do my job, so I guess that's good, but now I can't get out until the supervisor shows up. That could be hours away, or they might not come at all. I have no way to get out in the event that things start exploding or leaking toxic gases (can happen) and there is no way for emergency personnel to get in to help me if they don't have decent bolt cutters on hand.

    Does this constitute an unsafe work environment and do I have any grounds to press charges against my employer for putting me in an unsafe situation under threat of losing my job?

    UPDATE: My supervisor showed up after ~2 hours and they are now denying that they gave the instruction. I'm not going to bother pursuing anything in a he-said-she-said situation, but I will be putting in a complaint with OSHA about this and the other unsafe work conditions. Thanks for the advice

    submitted by /u/ThrowawayaworhThrow
    [link] [comments]

    My bank lost the title to my car

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    Okay, so I bought a car in WA state a couple years ago. I used a loan from my bank to purchase the car, I have not paid this loan off yet so the bank still has the title as they are the lien holders.

    I have since moved to TX and I need to get the car registered in my new state. I need the title to do so. When I contacted my bank they said they could get me what I needed but the title that they gave me is for the person that I bought the car from.

    So somewhere along the way they lost the title that is in my name, and they kept the title from the previous owner that was provided during the whole loan process. Anytime I reach out to them for updates on the title they have no answer, "we're looking, sorry, blah blah blah" it's been months, I need to get the car registered, I'm extremely lucky I haven't been pulled over and ticketed. And I can't get it registered unless I have the title in my name.

    I don't know what to do. Should I just get the car retitled in Texas, can I even do that? And if I do, shouldn't my bank pay to have the vehicle retitled?

    My brother says I should just stop paying the loan, they can't repo it without a title proving they are the lien holders, which they can't provide. He thinks they'll find that title real quick once they stop getting paid. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, although it does make sense.

    Any help at all would be much appreciated.

    Edit: Should probably add, I'm pretty timid about stepping on others toes. So I've only called them 3 times, I'm scared to come across as pushy, and I don't really push back at all when they give me the run around. Idk if this makes a difference in the advice I'll get but I thought I should accurately detail how I've handled this situation thus far. However, I am prepared to be pushy if that's what the general recommendation is.

    submitted by /u/MilkJugJohn
    [link] [comments]

    The college I attended sent my tuition to collections.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    I was apart of a program where the first 2 years of college would be taken care of by the institution. I did my FAFSA, submitted all the documents requested, and completed all of my volunteer hours. The money was never taken off my account, so I went and talked to my advisor, and he told me that they were a bit behind on taking off the tuition from student accounts. December rolls around, it's still there and I get an email telling me that I have an outstanding balance. I go to the bursar, and they tell me that they need mine and my parents 2017 tax return transcript. I printed it off from the website I filed through, but they did not accept it as it needed to be from the IRS. I created an account, went to my records and saw that 2017 was not there. I remember filing, and I got a return from that tax year, so I know that I filed. Went to the financial aid office 3 more times, got the same answers every single time. Explained the situation to no avail.

    Called the IRS, explained my situation, they told me to fill out a 1099 form and mail it in with my original W2's. I did that, they said it would take 6 weeks. That was back in February, my IRS account still says there's no record, and I can't go to the office to figure things out because of COVID. I got a letter last Friday from a collections company for the tuition. I lost my job due to the Virus, they won't let me enroll in any classes because of the outstanding balance. I am unsure what to do at this point and don't know how to move forward.

    submitted by /u/sgbco
    [link] [comments]

    Been Paying for neighbors A/C electric for last five years

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    (NJ) I own a 700 square foot unit and neighbor rents out a bigger 3 bedroom 1500 square foot unit. When building was remodeled and we both bought our units five years ago, lines were mixed up and I have found out the reason for my unusually high electric bill in summer months. Do I have any options for financial compensation aside from just asking the owner directly?

    submitted by /u/yolder68
    [link] [comments]

    Bankruptcy lawyer said the house wouldn't be put up for sale, today a real estate agent contacted us - Oregon

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    Please note: I am writing this on behalf of a family member who is aware of this posting, but I might not have all of the pertinent details right away.

    My family member has been going through the bankruptcy process for the last few months and in May, the lawyer that they've been working through contacted them relaying that the trustee stated that after the debts are discharged they will still owe ~$7,500 (money they do not have). The lawyer then relayed that even though the trustee pretty plainly stated that they (my family member) would have until 6/5 to make payment arrangements with the first payment to be expected 6/15. Their lawyer insisted though that he could negotiate this amount down at least somewhat and recommended they sit tight and wait for them to work out a deal on the back end, so they let it sit.

    Today they were contacted by a real estate agent (someone who they were familiar with and who has been working with them throughout this process) asking to schedule a time to place a lock on the door for the house to be listed. This was the first they've heard about this, with no prior notice (written or otherwise) that they would officially be evicted. My family member spoke with their lawyer and he was also surprised that this was happening since he hadn't heard from the trustee but he said that he would contact them and get this straightened out. After I spoke with my family member I strongly recommended that they write an email to the lawyer stating that these reassurances come by tomorrow (and follow up with a phone call). They said that they wouldn't be talking to the real estate agent until this is worked out or at least official word is received that they are indeed being evicted. We also discussed that they connect directly with the trustee and work out a deal, which I'm sure is improper but it seems that they are likely to lose their house unless this can be worked out somehow.

    Hindsight being 20/20 my family member should have connected with the lawyer before the 6/5 deadline but they cant do anything about that now unfortunately.

    What can be done?

    submitted by /u/d_haven
    [link] [comments]

    Colorado: does my friend have to rent her apartment to a tenant with an emotional support dog?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    My friend owns an apartment that she has rented out for the past 5 years, and now she is looking for a new tenant. She does not allow dogs, but one prospective tenant claims that her dog is an emotional support dog, which thereby disqualifies her disqualification. My questions are: is an emotional support animal the same, legally, as a more traditional service animal? And if it is, does that matter-- i.e., does it put her into a protected class?

    submitted by /u/daveco_hen
    [link] [comments]

    [IN] I think I did illegal dumping w/o knowing it was a crime. Should I try and make things right?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    Last week, my boyfriend and I had just moved into a new home and after two days of unpacking, moving, etc, we realized we missed trash pick up - we were still getting the lay of the land here. We had expired meat that was sitting out that tossed in the trash can on Wednesday, and by Thursday it smelled AWFUL. It was terrible. I was so embarrassed too because we live in a condo and I don't want our neighbors to have a bad first impression of us.

    I remembered that at one of my old apartment complexes that there was a dumpster we would use for trash.

    For context, my apartment complex has around 80 different apartment buildings, so easily there are 200-300 hundred tenants in the area and its a big space and pretty busy, so I didn't think anything of it.

    I went ahead and wrapped the expired meat in a traditional trashbag with some other trash (old clothes), drove over there around 11pm that night and opened the trash bay door and tossed it in there and drove away. I didn't realize how bad this was until I told my boyfriend what I did and he was furious saying I could get in trouble! I am so scared, I've never been in trouble with the law before and didn't think it would be that big of a deal! My logic, even before knowing it was against the law, was that this wasn't just a dumpster used by a few people - that would seem like a big violation of their space - but that this dumpster was used by hundreds of people and their guests so the complex wouldn't mind it as much.

    I am not debating that it shouldn't be wrong, it was my screw up and ignorance of the law is no excuse. I just didn't realize that this was that serious. What should I do? Should I send them money for trash pick up and apologize? I think it was like $15 a month when I lived there. I feel so bad. I'll for sure never do that again, I just didn't understand that this was this illegal.

    submitted by /u/Thor-away525
    [link] [comments]

    Tenants in bedroom with raccoons - Califronia.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Hello,

    We have had raccoons, adult and babies, living in the roof of our rented apartment (California). They occupy the ceiling in our closet, but they have access to the rest of the house and are often heard above our kitchen. They are starting to break through the roof in the closet and bathroom.

    We have notified our landlord many times in the past month, sending videos and audio recordings. Our landlord actually mentioned previous occupants complained of raccoons, but she did not believe them, and only recently did they have pest control operators visit the premises. The operators mentioned that it may be unsafe for us to live in the apartment until the animals leave. Because the house is very old it would require a large renovation to extract the babies, so the alternative to renovations would be to let them leave on their own which was suggested would take ~3 months.

    We cannot afford to rent a second room/stay in a hotel for the suggested 3 month period. We are not in a position to be moving. Ideally we would stay here without breaking our lease, which we understand can be done without recourse given the circumstances.

    We do not have renters insurance. Would the landlord's homeowners insurance provide us funding for accommodation until the pests are removed? If not, would we be legally allowed to withhold rent until it is taken care of, and what would the legal definition of "taken care of" really be?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/lnvalidEmailAddress
    [link] [comments]

    I’m a manager for a really corporate company in California, a co-worker personally informed me he tested positive for Covid-19. I spoke to HR and they told me I can’t inform any of my employees about that, even though many of them are older and worked with the infected person for days.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    I'm a Chef for this really corporate and well known company in Southern California. We just opened our restaurant doors to the public 3 weeks ago. Another manager, who I work really closely with texted me on my company cell phone and informed me that he tested positive for Covid-19. (He's now in quarantine) My initial thought was to leave the premise and get tested right away. But when I called Human Resources they made me feel like the odd one out; like it wasn't a big deal. They told me I couldn't tell any of my employees or anyone anything because it would only create panic and then the restaurant would close down (which is understandable).And if I decided to leave work and get tested I had to use my vacation days. We work in a kitchen, where's it's virtually impossible to social distance. Some of the employees are older than 50 years of age, I feel like like I have an obligation as their manager and as a person to inform them. Of course I won't disclose the persons name who has Covid, but I'm also scared that this company will retaliate if I do anything.

    My question is: What should I do in order to inform my employees that someone they worked with has Covid? I feel like they have the right to know and make their own decision if they want to keep working or at least go get tested.

    submitted by /u/Hoodwood_1105
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord is trying to double dip rent

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    I gave my landlord a 30 day notice and paid and I moved out 5 days in the 30 day notice. Well 16 days into the 30 day notice they had someone else move in. Shouldn't I get back 14 days of $$ of the 30 day notice because they had 2 people pay for rent at the same time. I live in AZ

    submitted by /u/Shadowcreeper15
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment