• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 12, 2020

    Legal Advice - Girlfriend has a warrant out for her arrest for a parking ticket that isn't hers.

    Legal Advice - Girlfriend has a warrant out for her arrest for a parking ticket that isn't hers.


    Girlfriend has a warrant out for her arrest for a parking ticket that isn't hers.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    We got a notification in the mail that my girlfriend got a parking ticket. Here is the problem. It was for a city that is 1.5 hours away from us that we never go to and also the make of the vehicle is wrong. I figured someone fat fingered the wrong number at some point. So I called the local magistrate from the paper and told them about the situation. They agreed that someone messed up when typing in the information and hers got wrongly added. They said they couldn't do anything i had to call the parking authority for the city. So I call them. Closed because of the virus. They gave you an email to message. I type up an email telling them about the situation saying I can get the insurance policy showing the make of the car doesn't match what hers is totally different brand. Saying it would be pretty embarrassing for us to show up in court for 5 minutes to show your documentation proves it wasn't her vehicle and have the thing thrown out. Also we didn't feel comfortable leaving the house while she's pregnant for unnecessary reasons.

    So I never heard back and the phone number still doesn't work and no email. On Friday she got the warrant notification saying she had to pay the disclosed amount or she will be arrested on sight. That she had 48 hours to do so. Problem is our mail gets here late. It's after 5 on a Friday, nothing will be open till Monday so more than 48 hours and the two numbers on the warrant to call 1 says its no longer in service and the other plays like 5 ads and then hangs up.

    We don't know what to do. We are law abiding tax paying Americans and this seems so wrong a warrant is issued wrongly for a parking ticket when i know dead beat dads that owe over 20k in child support walking around care free. My girlfriend is a nurse working 12 hour days pregnant. With no one to call or talk to what's my options? Thank you all in advance

    Edit: this is PA, city for the parking ticket is Harrisburg

    submitted by /u/Baintball333
    [link] [comments]

    Psychiatrist (MD) recommended unregulated DoTerra product (MLM essential oils) and provided his wife’s information for it. Who should I report this to?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    I posted a picture of the recommendation on r/antimlm so you can see what was written specifically on the care summary.

    I'm a student home from college and I noticed my brother's care summary from his last psychiatrist appointment on the kitchen table. He's 12 years old and I've spent the majority of his life taking care of him, even home schooling him one year, so I'm very up to date on his medical history. DoTerra for anyone who doesn't know is one of those MLM companies like Mary Kay or LuluRoe but for essential oils. Essential oils are known to be dangerous when ingested as the doctor suggested. Doterra has even been flagged by the FDA for making false claims. At first I wasn't sure why a doctor would suggest an unregulated product for my brother to ingest.

    If you look at the picture available on my other post you'll see I blacked out the email address and cell phone number of the woman the psychiatrist suggested to buy from. After talking with my mom, she told me that the woman is actually the psychiatrist's WIFE!

    The other sub suggested I report this to the state medical board but I worry that this won't be taken seriously. Are there any other channels I should be looking into because this seems highly unethical and borderline dangerous? Would the FDA be able to step in because the psychiatrist is suggesting an unregulated substance for consumption?

    Any specific advice would be helpful because I don't want this guy and his wife to continue to profit off of his patients and potentially harm a child. The office is specifically for children so I worry some parents may not think twice about giving this to their kids.

    TL;DR: Psychiatrist recommended an unregulated essential oil sold by his wife for my 12 year old brother to ingest.

    submitted by /u/Dymphna-Jude
    [link] [comments]

    [OH] Fiance got pregnant, her family convinces her not to put my name on birth cert and despite wanting to be with me they are now trying to strong arm her into another marriage by threatening to have her baby taken away. Please advise.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    My fiance and I found out she was pregnant June 2019 and out daughter was born shortly after in October. When she was delivering her mother convinced her to not put my name on the babies documents as they wouldn't allow us to leave with our daughter unless I paid the expenses up front. Either having faith in her mother or with clouded ability to think due to painkillers she did as she was told and soon after we had moved into our new place and began to settle in as a family her folks pressured her into coming back to her moms to help as her mother was 'ill' which we thought would at worse be a short term thing. In fact though her mother and grandmother who live next door from each other had done a 180 on liking me and accepting me as a future son/grandson in law and had started to converse with the family of one of her exs to try to push to get the two of them hitched and once she was back they strong armed her into staying by restricting her vehicle usage among other things such as threatening to have the baby taken away for what ever reason either by CPS or the family of this ex who is supposedly fairly wealthy. Also while I'm not sure I could get her to openly admit it to anyone else out of fear it seem threats implying violence have been made against her by one party or the other (i.e. If you don't do as your told something might happen to you then the baby will go where it belongs anyway.) It wasn't until some time after this first occurred where they pushed her into coming back to her mothers in December 2019 that I became aware of the fact that I had not been put on the birth certificate and since I have been trying to figure out my best case of action.

    From what I can tell there should be no reason the baby could be taken from her as in she has no criminal records or history of drug/alcohol abuse and is a well rounded and stable individual. That aside I want parental rights to my daughter even if it were to come at the expense of child support if for nothing more than to assure my fiance that even if her family were to somehow try and have our daughter taken that I would be first in line to get her before any other party. My fiance wants me involved in our daughters life and further more still wants to be with me and she tries her hardest to visit me often albeit she's only been able to manage maybe a day or two each month since they moved her back to her mothers on average. But I'm afraid if I can't provide a situation in which my fiance knows our daughter will be safe and not at risk of being stolen from her she will never have the spine to stand against her family or her ex's family and walk away.

    Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/OpticalOverdrive
    [link] [comments]

    My Mom met a guy on the Internet, he’s now wired over $90,000 into her bank account.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    I apologize in advance for any mistakes as I'm currently shaken up by this and am on my way to my moms to talk to her and my dad.

    Her and my dad have always had a rocky relationship but it's recently gotten worse. She went on a online dating site and met this guy who said he was from Asheville, NC and was working in Taiwan. There has been a plethora of red flags including; google voice number, being in the hospital and almost dying while having a "lawyer" communicate with her, paying off her credit cards and the payments bouncing, her sending phones to somewhere in Missouri, and the list goes on.

    Well I thought she had stopped talking to this person when I got a call from my dad saying $95,200 was deposited into their account from a weird place. I told him it was probably a mistake from the bank and we will call them tomorrow and fix it. I get a call from him 5 minutes later saying my mother has been talking to someone overseas who doesn't have a bank account and needed somewhere for the money to go. At this point I'm crying because he's threatening suicide and how his life is fucked because of her and all this other stuff.

    I called my mom and she said that he sent it to her to pay off her debts (my parents are in a lot of debt). Obviously this is illegal right? I have no idea what to do or how to help. I know it's something they have to fix and it's not my problem but I need to give my dad some closure that this won't effect him, or will it? I have no idea what to do.

    ANYTHING anyone can tell me would be helpful. We live in Georgia, US.

    UPDATE: I've called the police, they're sending a officer. She's been trying to run but I've taken all of the keys and her shoes.

    UPDATE 2: The officer came. My dad and I told our sides and then she told hers. The officer had to remain unbiased (I'm so thankful he was as nice and understanding as he was). He told us the money was likely legitimate due to it being processed and her not receiving any alerts that it was fraudulent. I found out she had MoneyGrammed him $2,500 of the money and she was going to send the rest to him (my mom said she sent it to his sister) this week. Due to my mother truly believing this is not a scam, the officer could not force her to make a police report. She chose not to, the officer left. We came back inside and sat with my dad, mom, my boyfriend, and I. I had a talk with them about where they wanted to go from here. They both love each other and they decided to try and make it work. My mom said she is going to stop talking to him after the money is gone. (I am now going to tell her to leave the money and check with the bank about where it came from). I set them up for counseling at BetterHelp because they do not have insurance at the moment. I got them both to agree to try and better themselves and their relationship. All while this is happening I am moving into my brand new house, first time homebuyer, only 20 years old. I am freaking out inside and still shaking because I can't believe this is happening. Trying to keep it together for everyone.

    submitted by /u/PacificLite
    [link] [comments]

    [PA] FaceBook MarketPlace scammer gave me a fake 100$ bill as deposit, no longer wants to purchase and is demanding I Venmo her deposit back.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    I was contacted on FB Marketplace by a woman who was interested in a cabinet I was selling for $200. She basically pulled a variation on an overpayment scam. Last week she came to my home, looked at the cabinet, and we agreed in exchange for a 100$ deposit I would hold it for her daughter who would come pick it up the following week. We both signed a handwritten "receipt" stating I took her 100$ deposit hold and we both have a copy.

    This morning, the "daughter" was supposed to pick it up but she called saying she no longer wanted it, it was too big, and to please return her mother's deposit. We agreed I would Venmo the daughter her money back and she would give it to her mother. I later looked at the bill and determined it was absolutely counterfeit, now the "mother" and "daughter" continue to inquire when I am sending the money.

    My question is should I return the original bill to them, declining to Venmo, can they turn it around and make out that it is I passing a counterfeit bill to them? What protections can I take for myself in making sure this doesn't escalate? How do I respond to their frequent inquiries?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Janterese
    [link] [comments]

    Who do I talk to if I can prove somebody’s innocence for homicide? I’ve tried calling the police department but I never get a response

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Good afternoon.

    I just found all this out 2 weeks ago when I was talking to some old friends for the first time in a long time. I haven't been to California since I joined the Army.

    2 years ago an old friend of mine (Aaron) was arrested and charged with 1st degree murder, rape, and the kidnapping of a 16 year old girl in Southern California in 2017.

    This is relayed and summarized information so it's more than likely not 100% accurate. His name and the dates of this incident are changed to remain confidential.

    2018: Aaron was arrested in connection to a murder of a 16 year old. They got a search warrant for his townhouse (we used to share a townhouse with 2 other friends, but I moved out after the lease was up for renewal. The rest stayed) and apparently found enough evidence to charge him with the crimes stated above.

    My friends who lived with him were questioned. From what they relayed to me about the investigation, the detectives were asking them if they were with Aaron on June 20th 2017. My friends said they were not. The detectives asked them several more questions about Aarons personal life and information about June 20th 2017 (where they were at, etc). I was never contacted by the detectives. My friends never told the detectives about me or my information because the detectives never asked a question that required them to give them my information. (Ex. Did Aaron have any old friends that he used to spend time with). My friends told the detectives they were in Arizona for a month for work, and that Aaron did not go. They left to Arizona a week before this crime had occurred. They presented evidence of this to the detectives, and they were released and not contacted by the detectives from then on.

    During Aaron's trials, only 1 of my friends could make it. This friend told me that the prosecution had evidence of Aaron and the victim on CCTV camera at a corner store about 3 miles from where her body was discovered.

    This is impossible because Aaron and I were together during the time that video was recorded.We were 110 miles away from that location and going the opposite direction.

    We were going camping because he had just broken up with his girlfriend. He did not bring his cellphone on the trip because did not pay his phone bill and his service was shut off. However, I did bring my phone and made phone calls while at our location, so that's verifiable. I have a few pictures as well. My friends who were interviewed by the detectives were not aware that Aaron and I went camping.

    The detectives never called me even though Aaron named me as an alibi. I am unsure if this was because I was in basic training during this time, and I obviously did not have access to my phone. My last name is commonly misspelt, but I doubt that would be the reason.

    During his trial (again this is relayed information), the prosecution stated that Aaron's alibi (me) was a fictitious person and no such person with my name existed in the state of California. They stated they found his car tire tracks at the location of the body. They stated that Aaron had recently been broken up with, was distraught and "riled up", and had an attraction for underage girls given his prior charge of statutory rape while he was a Senior in High School (this was when he was 18 and the girl he had slept with was 15. Girls dad was a deputy sheriff. In my opinion, the father wanted Aaron to be punished for sleeping with his daughter. There may be information to this that I am unaware of for this crime.)

    Witnesses who gave information to the detectives during their investigation had all corroborated that they physically saw Aaron on June 20th 2017. Among other evidence based on Aaron's personal life and witnesses who were involved with the trial, this lead to Aaron being sentenced to life in prison with no parole.

    Since I have found out about this whole shitshow, I called the counties sheriff department and requested to speak to anybody. I was put on hold for hours, I was told I would be called back, I was told nobody was there at the moment. I had absolutely 0 chance to ever speak to anybody. I've also tried emailing and calling the numbers and emails listed on the states directory to try to contact his Public defender, but I have had no success.

    I have told my friends the same information I've laid out to you so they could get in contact with Aaron's family. Aaron's family was deported back to Mexico in 2018 after he was sentenced. My friends have not been able to find any of his family's contact information (I believe that his parents had used a different/false last name when they lived in California).

    I have tried searching on Pelican Bays Inmate Search, but his name is not there. I've tried every prison in California that I could and still could not find his name or his information. Is it a possibility that he is in a out of state prison? I assumed that Pelican Bay would be the most likely location of his incarceration.

    What should I do now?

    submitted by /u/AquaSense
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been paying $150 a month to my rental company for solar panels that do not work.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    A year ago in August I signed a lease for a house in California. The house came with 6 solar panels. We paid a monthly "Solar Panel Amenity Fee" for our solar panels, and we were asked to pay the True Up Bill once yearly.

    The bill came in the mail yesterday. It shows our consumption was 1,755.266 kWh and our Net Generation (from the solar panels) was -1.187 kWh. The letter also came with a notice that I had 3 days to pay the $3,081.41 in overages or I would be evicted.

    It seems to me that the panels did not generate any energy for almost the entire year. Since we were not allowed access to our PGE bill, we had no way of knowing this until we received the True Up bill.

    I would love any guidance on how to address this. My lease is up in August and I love our house. I'm hoping to not have to move out.

    submitted by /u/Fappson_14
    [link] [comments]

    Almost lost fingers at work, now they’re cutting my pay.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Was told to post this here

    So I work in the meat department in a grocery store chain as a meat cutter/butcher. While I was working on our band saw this past week cutting up T-Bones I cut my middle and index finger on the saw blade. Wasn't serious but I ended having to get seven stitches (four in my index and three in my middle finger) and the doctor told me not to use my hand for anything at all, no matter what. I was pretty much told that I was gonna get put on light duty and just put stuff back on the shelves all day. And whenever an employee gets put on light duty they receive a pay cut for the duration of the time that they are on light duty. So my work place automatically files worker's compensation for any employee accidents that happen when the employee is clocked in. I may be wrong but is it not illegal to cut an employee's pay when working while having an injury they received at work? I live in Texas btw

    submitted by /u/Donekius
    [link] [comments]

    My 17F cousin is being stalked by a customer at her job.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Hi LA I am from Ontario Canada and was informed yesterday that my 17 year old cousin is being stalked by a customer at her retail job.

    It started off with him refusing to go into anyone's checkout line besides her and turned into him chatting with her and being really weird and asking her lots of questions that made her uncomfortable. She says he shows up every day she is working and buys one thing and will wait for her to be available. She talked to management at her job and they refuse to do anything since he hasn't done anything illegal yet. He demonstrated to her that he knew a lot about her that she didn't tell him such as her parents jobs and that they leave on weekends for camp and that they recently built a house. Her boyfriend caught the guy snooping around her car and confronted him and told him to buzz off but they're pretty sure he knows where she lives and are afraid that he might do something since he knows her parents are gone on weekends.

    He is in his late 50's or early 60's and has a son her age (I know this because the son is a friend of my brother's). He is a professor at a university.

    We are unsure what to do as we are afraid if anyone confronts him that he might get violent (he is known to be a weird guy).

    For the time being my cousin is not staying home alone on weekends like she usually does but how else can she protect herself? Is whats happening now enough to get the police involved?

    submitted by /u/NotSymmetra
    [link] [comments]

    I (20F) still married to my ex (24M) he is from Ethiopia and I want a divorce, but he is pressuring me to help him get his papers.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, 20f from the United States, Texas

    I will try to sum this up the best way I can. When I had just turned 18 I met my ex boyfriend at my job at the time, and we hit it off and became super close really quickly. I was having lots of issues with my parents so I moved out and started living with him. After dating for about 3 months I found out he was here in the US almost illegally. He came on a student visa for college, dropped out of college after a year and then applied for asylum, in which his asylum case is still pending to this day. He didn't have a work permit, drivers license, only his old work permit which had expired 2 years ago, which he never renewed. He was scared he might be deported after an arrest he had before he met me and asked if I would be willing to marry him so that we could start a life together and he could get a better job, one not under the table. I was very naive and so in love with him that I agreed we could. I wanted to help him so bad. We got married in June 2018, 9 months after we met. We started having a lot of issues. He had a very bad drinking problem, he attacked me once when he was drunk and was being very violent with me. It only got worse, he was very abusive and gaslighted me constantly. In September 2019, I found out he cheated on me and I broke up with him and he went crazy. I have told him I want a divorce so many times, I want this man out of my life, he is very manipulative and treats me horribly. Now he keeps pressuring me to help him get his papers, but I don't want to help him, and I want a divorce. He said he won't sign any divorce papers, he is trying to make it as hard as possible for me. What is the best way to go about this? I am a student and don't have much money, I am just lost. Thank you for taking the time to read this, any advice will help.

    submitted by /u/Ok-Ad-7976
    [link] [comments]

    Possibly fired for not scamming the government??

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    I work for a local small dive bar, after we were allowed to open back up, due to being shut down for so long- the owner asked us to stay on our unemployment and off the books just working for tips until the extra 500 a week for us was done. Long story short I told them I was not comfortable with that and I would love to come back to work when I am able to be put back on the books and everything goes back to being open legitimately. That was about three months ago and since then they have hired somebody new and I haven't heard a word about coming back to work and as far as I know everyone is back on the books. How is it ok for me to not have a job for doing what's right? I could turn them in- how do I approach this? - wa state-

    EDIT- I have text convo exchange between me and the manager confirming exactly what they were asking from us

    submitted by /u/sociallyinnept
    [link] [comments]

    My (22M) ex (22F) abducted my cat and had him put down.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    (I'm using a anon for privacy and I'll apologise ahead of time for both the long post and any formatting issues you may experience because I'm writing this on mobile.)

    So I met my ex 2 years ago when I was a junior and she was a sophomore in college. We hit it off well and for the first year we were dating everything was fine. Things changed last fall with the start of my senior year. In an effort to pick up a last minute chemistry minor, I overloaded myself with classes and subsequently put myself under quite a lot of stress. When I get stressed out I have a terrible habit of becoming emotionally distant from those around me. (I guess it is just my terrible coping mechanism.) I don't get particularly mean, per se I just stop doing the little things to show I care. Well this went on for the whole academic year and our relationship suffered because of it. (Let me be clear that that was my fault and she made every effort to keep the relationship going.)

    When I finished up my spring semester, she surprised me with a graduation gift, a cat. I had always said that I wanted to get a cat but never had the guts to actually do it. Because of the cat, and in no small part because I was finally out of school and was instead taking a easy course to be certified as a CNA so I could work during my gap year before applying to Med School, our relationship improved for the next month or so. The cat lived with me and was happy and healthy, and I started being more emotionally available for my ex.

    Things changed after I finished the course and started job hunting. I was rejected from ten positions or so before getting notified that I had been selected to do a Zoom interview last Monday. Even though I asked her repeatedly not to because I needed to nail the interview and didn't want to be distracted, (I know it was a dick move.) my ex surprised me by coming over to my apartment right before the interview to "provide emotional support" and started talking to me about her day, her friends, ect. Right before I dialed into the call, I asked her to be quiet for a few minutes so I could do the interview, then she could keep going. She told me to hang on while she finished her story, so I snapped and said "(Her name) will you please just shut the fuck up for a few minutes?" quite loudly. She got really quiet before getting up and walking out of my apartment. I did the interview then tried to call her after, but she didn't pick up. About an hour later she texted me a long message telling me that I had no respect for her and that she was tired of trying to make the relationship work. I tried to apologise but she would have none of it. The next day, she asked me to leave my apartment for an hour or so so she could get her stuff out and leave the key I had given her. When I got back I noticed that my porch door was cracked and my cat was nowhere to be found. I thought that I had forgotten to close the door all the way before I left, a breeze had pushed it open and my cat had run off since I live on the first floor and my porch opens directly to the ground. (The weather was nice so I had the door open to let the place air out.) I texted my ex to ask if she had seen him while she was grabbing her stuff but she wouldn't reply. So I let all of my friends know to look out for him, before searching around the apartment complex for several hours. By evening I gave up because it was getting dark and I hadn't found him yet. When I got back to my apartment I left his food out on the porch and the porch door cracked in case he came back. (He had gotten out one time last month but he came back that night to sleep in my bed with me.) This went on until last Friday afternoon when my ex called me crying and confessed to me what happened.

    While she was getting her stuff, on a whim she grabbed my cat and cracked the porch door to let me think he had gotten out because she felt that since she was the one who got him for me as a sign that our relationship would grow, he was really hers. After keeping him for a couple days a mutual friend of ours discovered Friday morning what she had done and threatened to tell me so she panicked and took him to the vet and had him put down. After the heat of the moment had worn off she realised the magnitude of what she had done and called me to apologise and beg for my forgiveness. I hung up on her and have been swinging between numb and absolutely furious ever since, while considering what to do. I'll not pretend like my actions didn't cause the end of our relationship, and I would have completely understood if she had resented me for the rest of our lives for not treating her well enough. Even if she had slashed my tires or keyed my car or something, I think I'd be able to forgive her or at least understand where she was coming from; but I just can't get over how absolutely awfully she acted towards my poor cat just to hurt me. I know I probably don't have a case (I'm pretty sure he was in her name since she adopted him, and it isn't illegal to have your pet put down, even if they are happy and healthy.) but I'm considering legal action even though my parents and friends tell me it is a terrible idea. I guess my question for you guys is, should I just drop it, or should I pursue legal action?

    tl-dr: My ex and I broke up (Because of me.) and while getting her stuff from my apartment she stole the cat she gave me three months ago. Several days later, when she was caught by a mutual friend of ours, she panicked and had him put down to prevent me from getting him back.

    Edit: I forgot to mention that this was initially posted to r/relationships but I was advised to post it here.

    Edit2: I forgot to mention I live in Columbia, SC.

    submitted by /u/throwaway1314151719
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] Doctor tried to bill my insurance a year and a half after the procedure, I am no longer with that insurance and now they're claiming that I owe the whole bill

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    I just received a bill for a procedure I received a year and a half ago. It looks like they attempted to bill my old insurance (which I had at the time of the procedure) and the old insurance did not cover any of it. The bill I've been sent is FAR higher than what they quoted me before the procedure. Do they have a right to collect this long after? Does the old insurance have an obligation to cover anything if I was on the policy at the time? Thank you

    submitted by /u/datshitberacyst
    [link] [comments]

    Roommate rented out my room without telling me, and overlapped my lease dates with a new tenant.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I am located in Brampton, Ontario. I searched everywhere for a similar situation but haven't been able to find one.

    I rent a room in a house with three other roommates. There is a couple, a lady and myself. The man in the couple basically controlled the lease. He didn't own the house, but he collected the rent, and paid all the home's expenses (rent/utilities/water/internet etc.). I have never met the actual owner of the home. My lease was written by him, and I signed and gave it back to him. It was a standard lease, 845$/month all inclusive.

    I lived there for about 2 years, and the lease expired, going month to month after the first year, and we had a 60 day notice policy in the contract (standard for Ontario). I eventually had the money to get my own place and decided I was going to move out. I gave an official notice of Termination of Tenancy and still have the documentation. I gave my notice on the 13th of May, but dated the termination to become effective May 15th, ending my tenancy the 15th of July.

    I found and signed a lease in a new city, about an hour east, that is way closer to my new job, and the lease started May 15th. I bit the bullet and overlapped my leases because it was a good deal in a nice neighbourhood. My new studio apartment had less storage than my Brampton room. I had to really downsize the amount of things I owned, and having my room in Brampton for two months was nice because I was able to only take what I need, and use my old room as storage until my mom was able to come with her truck to take all my stuff that I don't have room for (she lived about 7 hours away).

    Before writing up a tenancy termination agreement, I spoke to him informally saying that I had found a potential apartment. He congratulated me, and I confirmed with him that I had to give 60 days notice. He confirmed, and I asked if I could try and find a new roommate to sublet my apartment from May 15th-July 15th so that I don't have to double my rent in that time. He got very angry for whatever reason and held a firm no on the idea. I didn't feel like pleading my case. Living with him long enough I learned that he has a very controlling person. Anyway, at the end of the conversation we agreed that if he was able to find someone that he liked for the room, that he would notify me and I would get the money as a sublet to finish my lease.

    Fast forward to early June. He became very pushy over text about when I was going to take the rest of my stuff out of my room. These texts started early June and continued up until I finally took my stuff, on July 12th. I texted him 24 hours before I was coming to get my stuff, and he said that he could move all my things into the living room, claiming he was lending a helping hand. I responded telling him explicitly not to touch my stuff, and to leave it in my room until I come and pick it up.

    On July 12th I arrive to pick up my things and drop off my keys. When I get there, a new guy is living in my room, and all my belongings were put in the living room. I spoke to the other lady still living there, and she assumed I had known he was doing this. I also spoke to the new tenant living in my room, he happened to be there when I was getting my stuff. He was not aware of what was happening either. He gave me his name and number, and he volunteered the information that he had signed a lease beginning July 1st, and he pays 850$/month all inclusive.

    The lease controlling roommate and I had became fairly good friends, but I did not trust him. I made sure to document everything. All the text exchanges, lease, termination notice, and emails. He touched and moved my belongings without my permission, and overlapped leases. Am I entitled to the 425$ dollars from when the leases overlapped (July 1st-July 15th)? I am willing to pursue this issue in small claims court if I have to, but I would like to avoid that if I can.

    Update:

    What is my best course of action to get the money? Is small claims court my only option? He is not answering my texts or calls and I doubt he will.

    submitted by /u/northwoodsU
    [link] [comments]

    Husband blindsided me with wanting a divorce- what do I need to do to get my ducks in a row?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    Location- NC I will be meeting with a divorce lawyer ASAP, but what do I need to do in the meantime? We were together for almost ten years, I was completely blindsided by this and don't know where to go from here. He was the breadwinner of our family (just the two of us), and we own our home. I need advice please.

    submitted by /u/ihaveadoggo
    [link] [comments]

    Friend is claiming unemployment in one state while working in another

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    So like the title says my friend moved to Colorado from Massachusetts in February and got a job. But when the pandemic hit in March her job closed down and she claimed unemployment like everyone else. But she decided to claimed that unemployment in MA at her parents address where she use to live. In May her job reopens and she goes back but she gets the genius idea to still claim unemployment in MA even though she is employed in CO. She said it was because she had a longer job history in MA. When she told me this she said she was gonna wait until the weeks ran out of her unemployment and If she got caught she'd say thought she had to use them up. So what type of penalty could she face? I'm trying to convince her to stop and being such an idiot.

    TLDR: Friend is working in one state and claiming unemployment in another. What will happen to her?

    submitted by /u/mikemig345
    [link] [comments]

    Can I pick up trash on Florida state parks without have to signing up to volunteer online? Fl, USA

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    This guy is black mailing me, he has my nudes and hes going to leak them

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    [California] Neighbor freaking out about Ring Spotlight Cam

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    So I was changing the battery on my Ring spotlight camera and my neighbor must have saw me. We have had the camera up over a year and its in the inlet of our patio door and looks down our backyard to our sideyard to catch motion and act as a security camera. You could only see part of his house with just the top of his pergola and windows but it cannot see into his house; it is not pointed at his house. I told him its a security camera and its set up only to detect motion in our backyard (which it is configured to do so). He said the wind could move it and I said its drilled into the house and fastened with a screw. He then asked if it uploaded to the internet and I said yes (as Ring keeps 60 days worth of footage) and I said its encrypted. He freaked out and wants me to completely remove it. I even adjusted it so it only saw his wall and now I have taped it so it only sees his fence. Isn't this my house? He said he is going to the HOA but tons of people have these and then I said well I never signed off on your pergola with the HOA. Should I be worried?

    submitted by /u/durrden
    [link] [comments]

    CenturyLink installed equipment on my house... But I don’t have CenturyLink.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    CenturyLink installed equipment on my house (in Florida). ... but I don't have CenturyLink.

    I was chatting with my neighbor about the grassy area between our two houses, when he mentioned "burying the cable." Huh? He pointed to the side of my house.

    Evidently, while I was out, CenturyLink technicians walked up and installed a box on the side of my house, ran a cable through the yard, and dipped out. (EDIT: Not near my house, not next to my house, actually ON it. As in they drilled into the siding and installed it connected to my line.)

    I have never used CenturyLink, nor does anyone in my family. No idea what's going on.

    I spent more than 2 hours calling various CenturyLink numbers (most of which were dead ends) and getting transferred around.

    One agent actually asked me if I'd like to "go ahead and sign up for the service" since I "have the equipment now anyway." Bruh.

    Another agent told me that they cannot send technicians to my house to remove it because...

    ...because I'm not a customer.

    Finally, I reached a department that deals with damages. They assured me that a technician would be out promptly to remove the equipment. That was 3 days ago.

    Ever since, I've gotten repeated text messages asking me to "finish setting up my service." In the message, a local number is provided. When I call the number, I just get a weird error message saying that I cannot be connected.

    At what point am I allowed to tear this shit off my house?

    If I get a bill from CenturyLink, I'm going to lose my effing mind.

    Edited to add that it's not just near my house or in my yard, it was drilled into the siding and physically connected to my line.

    submitted by /u/Christmas850
    [link] [comments]

    Mentally ill sister charged with armed robbery for using neighbors pool, need assistance.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    My (26F) younger sister (22F) was arrested today (1st offense) for armed robbery and trespassing. I do not believe the first charge should be applied, and I'm seeking advice.

    Backstory: My sister has severe mental illness, and she's currently in a manic/psychotic episode. She talks to the wall all day, and has been involuntarily held for 72 hour twice with in the last month. She has not snapped out of this episode and is completely delusional.

    We live in Florida, and our next door neighbors live in Canada for 8 months out of the year. In 2019, the neighbors told my sister (while she was mentally normal and friends with them) that she could use their pool while they are away. They have cameras surrounding the property and they could see her coming and going.

    For the last few months, during her psychotic/manic episode she would go swim naked in their pool - and they would see it on the camera. They asked her to stop, and she didn't because she doesn't know any better and can't rationalize anything right now. They issued a trespassing warning with the local police last week.

    Yesterday, my sister (who mind you is absolutely NOT in the right state of mind) took a kitchen knife and cut a hole in the pool screen and went swimming again. The neighbors saw her on camera and she was arrested. We later found out that she filled their pool with more water, and cost them an extra $200 on their last water bill. The police literally arrested her naked.

    I was informed by the jail today that she is being charged with armed robbery (due to having a kitchen knife to cut a hole in the screen) and trespassing.

    I completely understand the trespassing charge, and I think that's valid - but the armed robbery is confusing and hefty. My sister is facing 10 years in prison and no bail has been set. My family is also willing to pay the neighbors any charges that may have occurred because of this. Nothing was ever physically taken from the property.

    This is a small town, and the police are fully aware my sister is severely mentally ill. I would hate to see her young life wasted in prison over something I feel she didn't have control over.

    What can we do?

    EDIT: I'm also confused on if we should attempt to bail her out if/when bail is set, or if we should let her stay in jail so they can observe how mentally ill she is (which might somehow help in court)?

    TLDR; Severely mental ill and delusion sister charged with armed robbery and trespassing for cutting pool cage screen with kitchen knife and swimming in neighbor's pool naked. Nothing taken from home or property.

    submitted by /u/Indigobluechild
    [link] [comments]

    Stroudsburg, PA - live feed cameras installed on our property without our permission or knowledge ...

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    Almost 2 weeks ago my husband and I were surprised to see 2 people walking around our property without our knowledge. They said they were from the nearby rescue and were looking for a dog that got loose from them. We have seen no sign of this dog but told them we would call if we did.

    Almost a week ago we noticed a camera installed but thought it may have been the neighbors kids as the camera was pointing in their direction and they like to ride quads so we thought maybe a go pro type set up. Unfortunately today we discovered 2 more cameras in different areas of our property and with food/water bowls nearby. I can only now assume it was people from this rescue who placed these cameras but this has been done without our knowledge or permission and it seems as these are Arlo cameras they are likely on a live feed.

    Aside from the trespassing and major privacy violation they also left food out which is now a huge rotting mess due to recent rain. The area we are in has tons of wildlife (bears included) as well as our own animals that could easily get to this food. I plan to call them first thing in the morning but wanted to get some advice here as well. I have not touched the cameras though I did take photos but aside from demanding their immediate removal is there anything else I should be asking or doing? I assume this isn't legal as they did not have permission nor did they let us know but since they have one of the cameras directly aimed at our neighbors property I want to make sure we are protecting their privacy and rights as well. I alerted our neighbor once we saw the other cameras and realized it wasn't them but I am not sure if there is anything else we should be doing or documenting. Thank you for any help in advance!

    submitted by /u/jlmetz
    [link] [comments]

    Mortgage company made a credit report for a home that has been sold.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    In October of 2019, My wife and I were in the process of going through a short sale on a home in AL. We had moved to Florida and no longer lived in Alabama. Our mortgage was through "Mortgage Co. A" and the sale went through with them. However, mid process we get a notification that our mortgage had been sold/transferred to "Mortgage Co. B". Went through the closing process and the house was sold. We received a letter from "Mortgage Co. A" that our debt was closed/paid in full. In June of this year 2020, we see that Mortgage Co. B has put a report against our credit for non payment/ delinquency for the months since the sale of the home. We have called "Mortgage Co.B" several times, sent them documentation of the sale and disputed the credit hit with both credit reporting agencies involved to no avail.

    The short of it is that property is sold, it is no longer in our possession, but Mortgage Co B is reporting that we still owe and are delinquent in payments. And this is SEVERELY affecting our credit score. All research on Mortgage Co B shows that they are horrendous and completely shady. Any advice regarding this issue would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/huntthewind1971
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment