• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 6, 2020

    Legal Advice - Received two certified letters of incoherent yet vaguely threatening legalese

    Legal Advice - Received two certified letters of incoherent yet vaguely threatening legalese


    Received two certified letters of incoherent yet vaguely threatening legalese

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    My wife and I purchased a home in Maryland six months ago. In addition to the run-of-the-mill "buy your title now!" and "get insurance to pay off your mortgage!" scams, I've received two pieces of certified mail that read like incoherent semi-legal ramblings. My take is that someone thinks they can claim a property by writ of fiat or some nonsense.

    Should I simply ignore these? Should I report these to anyone? Thanks for your time.

    Three months ago:

    https://www.scribd.com/document/464590313/Older-Letter

    Today:

    https://www.scribd.com/document/464590314/Newer-Letter

    submitted by /u/daegon
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord repeatedly comes over unannounced. What can I do legally?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I live in Washington where its required by landlord-tenant law that the landlord provide at least 24 hours notice before coming to the property you are renting. With the ongoing pandemic, there are even extra protections in place. My landlord has not followed this during our entire stay despite knowing the law.

    About an hour ago, I looked through my back window and was shocked to see two people poking around the back yard. Once I saw my landlord lingering behind them, I realized she was showing the property without giving us any heads up . . . during a god damn pandemic. This is probably the 5th time I can remember her stopping by without any warning.

    The worst violation was to my upstairs neighbor. He found the house listed for sale on a realty site randomly and when he went to look through the pictures listed of the house, he found photos taken INSIDE HIS ROOM while he was not present. All of his personal belongings were on display and he had never given her consent to enter the premises.

    Had these incidents been isolated incidents, I honestly would not care because hey we all make mistakes. However, she has consistently ignored or been unwilling to follow even the most basic laws meant to ensure tenant privacy and I am completely fed up with it. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do legally to either pursue damages or at least get her a fine? We have pictures of her parked her during these unannounced visits, texts of her admitting fault and all five of the people living on her property can back up these claims.

    submitted by /u/trowtallaway
    [link] [comments]

    Venue won't refund us unless we sign cancellation letter with non-disparagement clause

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    This is in NY.

    My fiance and I were contacting our wedding venue for a refund due to COVID-19 over the past couple months. There was a lot of back and forth, but ultimately our planned date for our wedding fell under a time where they could not physically open due to the mandated shut down that the governor had put in place and they had agreed to a refund. However, in order for the refund they said that we had to sign a cancellation letter that includes a non-disparagement clause in it.

    Nowhere in the original contract did it say that we need to sign anything or agree to anything in order for our refund to be given back to us, but now they are saying they are legally required to have this letter signed. I tried to have them take out the clause but they refused, stating that we need to sign it before we can get our money back. Now they are even going as far as to ignoring my follow up e-mail with them. We do not want to sign the clause as we feel as if it's not right that they can just force us to sign something just so we can get our refund that is rightfully ours.

    The original contract has stated that refund will be given back by 10 business days as well, which the date is coming up on.

    My questions are:

    1. Is this legal? Can the venue just withhold my money even though they cannot physically provide the venue and agreed to a refund?
    2. What can we do at this point? If we were to find a lawyer, the fees might end up costing more than our deposit.
    submitted by /u/Quick_Length
    [link] [comments]

    Homeowner required to hook up to city sewer - closing documents from title company said the home was on sewer already. Turns out the house is on a septic tank.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    TLDR at the bottom

    We bought a house in 2016 in Idaho. All documents from the title company and previous homeowner said the property was on city sewer. Fast forward to fall 2018, we received a letter from the city saying we were required to hook up to sewer and we were responsible for all cost associated plus a $3000 hook up fee. The city said previous owners had been notified they were required to connect. We would have to run gravity feed lines from our main floor out to the street under our concrete patio and finished landscaping. We would have to tear up our basement bathroom to install a sump pump for our laundry room, toilet, sink and shower in the basement, tear up curbing, street asphalt to hook into the connection point approximately 150 feet from our furthest kitchen drain. We would then restore everything to its original state. This will be an incredibly expensive process of $50,000 or more.

    To add to the costs, a previous homeowner placed a concrete slab for a three-season room (all window walls and ceiling) for a hot tub sauna that a plumber suspected is over the top of the septic tank.

    Do we have any legal standing with the title company to reimburse for our costs? We feel they did not do their due diligence as the city has records going back 40 years stating our house was NOT hooked up. Apparently, our dead-end street has the last remaining houses on septic in the whole city. Had we been made aware prior to closing, we would have negotiated a lower selling price or passed on the purchase.

    We have no way of knowing when the city sent out letters to previous owners, just that they are claiming letters were sent. Our neighbor confirms the previous owner was aware the house was septic, but he has been MIA since the sale. His realtor has been unable to get a hold of him.

    TLDR: We received a letter from the city telling us we were required to hook up to city sewer. Closing documents from the title company (and previous homeowner) said we were on sewer. Turns out we have septic. Rough estimates of $50,000+ for sewer hook up. Do we have a legal course of action with the title company?

    Edited to add location

    submitted by /u/a_cede
    [link] [comments]

    I was assaulted by my brother, leading to 3 facial fractures. I hesitate to press charges as my parents are concerned. How long can I wait to do so?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    [CANADA] About 3 days back, my extremely abusive 25 year old brother who regularly spouts verbal abuse at my parents and family members, lost his cool again started screaming and swearing. I heard the screaming and came to see what was going on. He got extremely agitated that I was interfering and punched me (M 22) hard in the face. Cops were called and as soon as they arrived he calmed down considerably. They talked to him and were convinced he wouldn't cause more trouble, and left.

    My face swelled up and went numb, and I went to the clinic the next day only to be told I needed emergency care. They took a CAT Scan and said I had 3 facial fractures.

    My parents are very sweet and put up with their abusive son because they have some parental love for him. He however, takes full advantage of this and freeloads in the basement. My parents do not want to kick him out.

    I am contemplating pressing charges, even if only for him to move out. My parents have urged me to keep quiet about this but seeing as he continues being verbally abusive to my parents, it's hard for me to sit still.

    • How long do I have to open up an assault case? The swelling and redness in my face will likely last another week.
    • Can I drop the case later? I only want him to move out and stop abusing us. I don't wish to ruin his life by giving him a criminal case as this will likely lead to him planning my murder. My parents would also be upset if I did.
    • What is the best advice moving forward? My intentions are to get him away from the family
    submitted by /u/Face_Breaker
    [link] [comments]

    Contractor burned my house down. Am I obligated to pay outstanding balance? (NJ)

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    During a major home renovation, I recently had a serious house fire that is a potential total loss. 1-2 weeks later, my contractor started sending me invoices for payment, is asking to call me to discuss payment, and then emailed my loan officer behind my back with an invoice requesting payment (I'm financing most the work with a renovation loan.) In short, he's been leaning hard on me to pay for everything that was completed between the last payment and the fire.

    In the meantime, the fire investigator hired by my insurance company as well as the city's arson investigator have concluded that work being done by my contractor caused the fire. My insurer is certain enough of this that they've filed suit against my contractor to recoup the costs of my insurance claim (subrogation). My contractor seems to accept this, as they are cooperating with the adjuster and are working with their own insurance to share the cost of my claim.

    My question is, am I obligated to pay the outstanding balance to my contractor if they're at fault for the fire? Obviously, I will not be rehiring them for rebuilding.

    submitted by /u/AgitatedAorta
    [link] [comments]

    I am separated from my wife and she got pregnant by another man. What steps should I take?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    Background:

    So my wife and I have started the divorce process. We have been separated for over 2 years and she moved to a different state. We are really good friends and we co parent very well. Just not good as partners. When we filed the divorce paperwork she didnt ask for any of my stuff, or money or military retirement. Basically just we go our own ways with our own stuff. The only reason we havent finalized is due to busy work schedules and neither of us plan on getting remarried. She still keeps my military health insurance as well.

    So onto the baby:

    She has been wanting another child for the last year or so by a man she has been dating and she found out today she is 18 weeks pregnant. She is super excited and I guess I'm happy for her. Until I started reading that she could put me as the child's father. I dont think she would ever do it, but I still want to protect myself from a headache down the road.

    Has anyone been in a similar situation, or have advice?

    Edit: I live in Southern California and she lives in Idaho and will give birth in Idaho.

    submitted by /u/puasd
    [link] [comments]

    If a curfew is in place in my city and i am on my own property but outside, am i breaking said curfew?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    I had an argument with a group of cops telling me to get inside while i was on my front porch/steps.

    And have seen videos of cops shooting at people with less-than-lethal rounds and yelling "go in your home" and whole no charge or arrest came with my argument-i was wondering whether or not those people or others would have some sort of case or complaint at least against the cops that fired/gave the order to.

    submitted by /u/marco_reus_is_best
    [link] [comments]

    Townhome complex moved dumpster in front of homes and there is a maggot problem

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    USA, FL

    For context, my townhome complex has a few dumpsters located in the back of the neighborhood - not near any homes and not obstructing any parking/in designated spots. The other month they moved a dumpster onto my street directly in front of my home and placed it in a parking spot. Whenever it rains, the dumpster and the entire street in front of my house becomes covered COMPLETELY with maggots. My car (parked near the dumpster) has maggots on it and the air smells putrid. There were dead maggots in the house by the front door as well.

    Is this some sort of health violation? It's extremely unsanitary and they had this problem the other week - I called and they did something to clean off the maggots but they're back and there's even more.

    submitted by /u/sakaribari
    [link] [comments]

    Sexually harassed at work

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    I (19f) have worked at a store since I was 16. They recently hired temp people for covid, and one of them was put in my department. The first day I worked alone with him he sexually harassed me. He got too close to me after asking him repeatedly to back up, said he would take pictures of my ass, and repeatedly was trying to get me to go to an area without a camera so he could fuck me. Creepy as fuck right? I ended up reporting and he got suspended. The manager of the store said the guy that harassed me wasn't going to be scheduled to work while I was there if he came back. The company has a zero tolerance policy but I walked in today and the guy that harassed me was standing at the door working (it's been about 2 weeks). I was obviously very uncomfortable because he had to know I reported him, he knows where I work, and i fear he's gonna try to hurt me or retaliate in some other way. The company is disregarding my safety and putting me in danger by allowing this to happen, I just dont really know where to go from here. Any advice would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/broncobai
    [link] [comments]

    Dissomaster Child Support: I have a 401k loan that requires automatic payments on my paycheck to repay the loan, is this considered a contribution that increases my income ?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    It appears I will be a payor for a child support payment to my ex wife. We have 50/50 physical and legal custody for our children.

    I noticed her lawyer placed a 401k contribution amount in my dissomaster column for a 401k loan that I have that was taken out during our marriage (community loan) .

    I am trying to understand if this is increasing my net income that will then increase my child support liability or if it decreases it.

    I understand that voluntary contributions to 401k increases my income for child support but I don't know how a 401k loan impacts it.

    This is in California within Ventura County

    Please help

    submitted by /u/stnarsah
    [link] [comments]

    Park Rangers Seized My Firearm

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    A few days ago, Park Rangers seized my firearm after running a serial number check and the firearm came up as stolen. However, the serial number they ran was on the barrel of the pistol, not the frame. I was not arrested and only issued a citation. I was not given a receipt for my seized property as well.

    The firearm was owned by my late Grandfather for 40+ years and I would like it back. Please advise on what steps I should take. I am already looking into getting a lawyer.

    Edit: This was in Nevada on National Park Land.

    submitted by /u/bacon-overlord
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend’s friend is the sole owner of her ex’s Motorcycle, wants to take it and sell it. He won’t let her. What can she do?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    Our story begins in North Carolina. My girlfriend's friend rushed into a relationship with this guy and moved into a house that his parents bought and solely own. She paid for almost all of the furnishings, appliances, as well as his motorcycle. He used to have another vehicle but sold it. She is the only name on the title for the bike but it's in his garage. She wants to sell it and get her money back out of it as she doesn't ride. It's his only transportation so he doesn't want to give it to her and won't let her in the garage and threatens to call the cops. I suggested she ask a deputy to come with her to see if he will turn it over to her civilly. He's a pretty unpredictable guy so I think that would be the safest option for her. If he says "no, you can't come into my house or garage", what options does she have? Based on the past interactions in moving her stuff out, he has been consistently petty and called the cops multiple times on her for her taking her stuff, furniture, appliances out, but no one was charged with anything. But I could totally see him hiding it somewhere and saying it was stolen.

    What options does she have to get the bike back without doing something illegal like having a friend kick his door in, take the keys from him and put the bike on a trailer?

    submitted by /u/ronerychiver
    [link] [comments]

    Insane grandmother keeps making false accusations against me

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    US, Tennessee.

    Here's the situation: My grandma has always been eccentric/borderline insane, but usually harmless. The kind of old lady who keeps chickens in her home and mails you a box of random trash/crap across the country, insured for a hundred dollars because it's "valuable." She is a major hoarder.

    Recently, as in the last two-ish years, she has become way more out of touch with reality and had started pulling paranoid stunts. She has called the police to accuse me of stealing her rolling pins, my brother of stealing her mail, and a few months ago actually had two officers over for several hours to have them write a report that she believed I had stolen... I think it was a medallion of her father's? And some pearls. They wrote it up, likely to appease her. This was extremely upsetting to me as I work in healthcare and must pass background checks. A week later a friend convinced her to go to the police station and apologize and explain that she had lied about me and just misplaced her items. But they said they couldn't delete the report. She does have moments where I think she knows what she's saying isn't true, but mostly I think it's real to her.

    Tonight I found out she told a family friend that I stole narcotics from her house!! This is a HUGE red flag for me, because not only do I work in healthcare and have background checks, but I am on controlled substance prescriptions that I have to take. I don't think she has actually officially accused me to police, but I have no way to know that she won't.

    Do I have any way to keep her from making these accusations against me? I have no idea why she targets me out of my family, other than she is paranoid and must be really losing reality. She's completely incapable of being reasoned with. I don't know what to do.

    Can I go to the police and tell them about her? Would it keep them from believing her when she next decides to try to ruin my career and life? If she does go to police, do I have any way to have reports written about me removed? How do I even prove that she's crazy? I have 20+ family and friends that could witness to her erratic and paranoid behavior, I don't have keys/access to her house although it is owned by my father, and I haven't been to her house in probably a year or more. I have never stolen anything from her or anyone else, and I don't know what to do to protect myself.

    Edit: I just found out my mom talked to her doctor and he said he has never prescribed any narcotics to her. My parents told her that if they found out she did have narcotics they would turn her in to the police for illegal drug possession. They also told me if she tried to accuse me again they would work toward getting her admitted to a mental facility. I don't know what else we can do.

    submitted by /u/StarvingMedici
    [link] [comments]

    Cares ACT violation

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    (edited) Hello, I'm a college student who lost their job because of COVID-19. My housing is federally backed by FANNIE Mae so I know I'm protected under the CARES ACT until July 25 from eviction of non-payment but, my landlord has been trying to evict me since April. Today I am supposed to be served with an eviction notice with 3 days to move out. I have emailed them back about the cares act but they never responded. I am confused on what to do since I am broke college student who can't afford a lawyer but I do know that I am legally protected. How do I and other tenants protect ourselves when they are violating our rights? Can they force us out or serve us with an eviction? This property is located in Houston, Tx 77004.

    An update: Reading through my lease I discovered that they may have broken it. My building's elevator was broken for 2 months and in the lease it states that all repairs must be taken place within 7 days. The lease states that there is a 12 hour minimum notice in order for staff to come in and last week I believe one of the staff members tried to enter my apartment but it had the security lock on.

    submitted by /u/AcanthopterygiiIll14
    [link] [comments]

    My beagles need to run!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    Girlfriend and I bought a house in Wisconsin last October, we want to put up a fence to better contain our toddler and two beagles, and if you've ever had either I think you know what I'm talking about. We went to verify our lot markers and were in for a surprise. Using a metal detector and tape measure we found three of the lot markers where we expected them to be. The fourth marker was 5 ft from where it should've been, making our front lot line 5 feet shorter than it should be.

    Per the deed, the city website, and the county website our lot is supposed to be 61 ft x 165 ft. The lot markers in the back yard look good at 61 ft apart. The front two lot markers are 56 ft apart. We did not yet verify the 165 ft length.

    Talked to the neighbor on that side and he had no idea.

    Backstory: The neighbor in question has lived there for 40 years. About 25 years ago they put in a concrete driveway and built a huge garage. If we're correct in our measurements a part of the concrete driveway is on our property.

    We're thinking someone, maybe the neighbor who built the driveway and garage moved the lot marker.

    Or what are the odds our lot size has been listed all these years by the city and county wrong?

    I am going to call the city on Monday when they open to see what they have to say. Then we plan to hire a surveyor to verify our lot markers. Then probably talk to a lawyer.

    Since we had the metal detector and tape measure out, we verified both of our neighbors lot markers. Our one neighbor measured just how it should. The other neighbors lot in question measures 5 ft longer.

    Anyone out there have this same problem? How did you handle it and how did it turn out?

    TL;DR: Bought a house last fall, suspect that part of the neighbors concrete driveway is on our property.

    submitted by /u/chivas55
    [link] [comments]

    [OK, USA] Felon family member providing my address as theirs to their associates, but do not live here

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    [Oklahoma, USA] Today, a group of four people showed up at my home demanding that family member (FM) give back their ex's "cards." FM does not live with me and never has. In fact, I disowned FM many years ago. I learned from others that FM was in a relationship with an accused child abuser, who I believe was part of the group who showed up at my house. Do I have any legal recourse against FM for having random people show up at my house, potentially endangering my children, because they lied and said they live here? To my knowledge, FM has been homeless since their release from prison.

    submitted by /u/jess_I_can
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE! I NEED IMMEDIATE HELP. I don't know what else to do, but I know I need to act upon my situation before something bad happens. Please.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    I'M FROM THE CHICAGO LAND AREA.

    The situation is as follows,

    My father is coming home tomorrow from a business trip and I'm afraid he's going to hurt my family.

    He's threatening to take my niece away and send her to foster care, and destroy my mothers life. My niece lives with me, my mother (her grandmother), and my sister (the aunt). The birth mother (we'll call her the Birthgiver and who is my other sister) abandoned my neice barely at the age of 1 years old to be with her boyfriend.

    My father has threatened to send her back to her Birthgiver even though she's EXTREMELY UNFIT and a drug addict. As well as neglectful when she was in her daughters life. My father will not EVER change is mind about the thought process of "a mother should raise their child", when clearly she doesn't want to.

    As of right now too my parents marriage is basically shit and I wished they have gotten a divorce years ago. My dad favors his other family more, and says we ruined his life. He actually is currently WITH his other "favorite family" right now, or as he put it on the phone, "I'm with MY family right now".

    He comes home tomorrow, and I'm afraid he's going to hurt my mom and sister and niece again. He has in the past and I have proof. I don't know if I should call the cops and give them a heads up about what's going to happen. Because really, I don't know if it'll case more harm than good to my niece. Because there is a GAL (Guardian ad litem), assigned to my nieces case right now for a battle of visitation right for the Birthgiver to see her daughter. Even though we NEVER denied her visitations, but she chose to live her life without her daughter in it.

    I need to know. Will this cause more harm than good to call the police about the potential threat of my father ruining our lives, or stay quiet and wait to see what happens?

    Please I need a family lawyers advice or someone who will know the best thing to do. Please.

    submitted by /u/spacecadet979
    [link] [comments]

    My mother and I (f20) want to get my sister(15) away from our physically abusive father

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Our father has always been abusive, when we lived together as a family before my mother divorced him, he would always beat us.

    We would call the cops but they never did anything. When I had a bruise on my arm once the school called cps but they still did nothing.

    Our mom was almost strangled to death by our father when she worked up the courage to get a divorce.

    This brings us to the present. My sister was sick, and needed medicine. She refused to ask our father for help for fear of him beating her. So I sent her medicine. My father found out, and told my sister that he would take away all her belongings, and not be able to contact me if she tells me again. He did not allow her to rest and made her clean and cook dinner while he was smoking weed with his friends.

    That led to this morning where he was still angry about what happened last night with the medicine. He continuously degraded her and slapped her threatening to continue hitting her and taking away her stuff.

    My mother and father have shared custody of my sister. And they have shared guardianship of my 22 year old brother nonverbal, with severe autism. My brother is not blood related to our father, only our mother.

    My sister recorded the entire incident with her phone, which prompted them to call cps. They said if it wasn't enough evidence for an investigation then they couldn't do anything about it.

    What can me and my mother do? We don't know any legal stuff. What can/should we do to get my mother full custody of my sister and brother? We all were physically and mentally abused by our father. We don't have evidence for all of us, but we can speak up for ourselves.

    Since my brother is an autistic adult, how can me and my mother go about getting her full guardianship over him? My mom currently has them for the weekend, my dad doesn't know about the recordings my sister took, I am afraid of what he will do to my siblings once he finds out my mother doesn't want to give them back. We are on a time crunch What can we legally do? Please help.

    TLDR: Father been abusing entire family for years. This morning he hit my sister. She recorded it. Her and my mom reported it to cps. What can we do if they can't help? What can we do legally for mom to get full custody of my siblings.

    Colorado denver

    submitted by /u/Scared-Athlete8062
    [link] [comments]

    Bird breeder sold us a sickly baby that was older than described, now refuses to refund.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Me and my wife recently purchased a young bird from a breeder. The bird was small and timid, but the breeder assured us he was just like that because he was only 6 weeks old. We purchased the bird under the assumption that the bird was young and not malnourished.

    After we returned home and got the bird set up and fed, he texted us and let us know the bird was actually just below 9 weeks old. Thus, the reason he was so small wasn't his age. He has no feeding response and is in general extremely scared of everything.

    We waited a few days but he was not improving and was not eating much. We found out the method of feeding he taught us was actually dangerous for the bird as well. We talked to him and he agreed for us to bring the bird back. But once I handed the bird over, he told us he would only feed it until it was full weaned and then we would "get it back", no refund. This is not what was agreed to when we drove the two hours down to bring it back. He also told us that "no breeder does refunds". Are we legally entitled to a refund because the bird wasnt what he told us?

    submitted by /u/ChapoGod
    [link] [comments]

    The water company is forcing me to pay to have my water hooked back up to a meter they're replacing. Should this be my responsibility to fix?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Almost two months ago my neighbor had another neighbor with a backhoe come and "clean the ditch" which involved them digging and hitting a water line. We came home to no water and went to check on them (neighbors are elderly and the man recently had some medical issues) to make sure ours was the only one out. That's when they told us they busted a line that they didn't know was ours and cut the water off at our meter because it stopped the leak. We had words, but eventually my fiancé capped the line and things were fine. Or so we thought.

    Two days ago, I get a call from the water department. The neighbors heard we were going to try and sell the house, and decided to call and report our water line being on their property illegally. When these houses were built, the county didn't run water out here, so a resident ran a line up our street. We live on the corner, the angry neighbors are next up the road, then there are a few more houses on up to the dead end. So the one line served all the houses, but at some point the county ran lines and every house except ours is on the new line. So now that the county knows, they have to come out and put in a new meter (the one we are on now is the wrong size according to them) and run a new line from their main. I have been informed that it is up to me to pay to hook things back up on my side. They will not hook my water back up to the new meter at all. The person I spoke to didn't know how much it would cost me, nor could she give me a date for when this would happen. She said they would come out yesterday to do the initial planning. I asked if my fiance could speak with them to have them put the meter as close to--if not in the same spot as-- the old one as possible, and she said she could try to have them call when they arrived. They had my fiancé's number, and he kept an eye out but never heard or saw anyone.

    We have only lived here for 2.5 years and had no idea any of this was even a thing until the issue with the neighbors. So my question is: should I have to pay to have my water reconnected? We live in Limestone County, AL.

    submitted by /u/satisfied_empty
    [link] [comments]

    My dog was mauled, owner says she is not responsible for follow up care

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Hello, this is my first time posting. My dog was mauled , not bitten, mauled, by another dog while she was on a walk with my mom. The dog ran to them and took my dog in its mouth and swung her back and forth. My mother screamed at the top of her lungs and neighbors came out to help, one carrying a shovel to get the dog off. A few minutes later the owner shows up and says her dog accidentally got out and that they have only had her a couple weeks. We honestly didn't know if our dog would make it, it was so bad. She was very prompt to pay the emergency vet bill which was great but this is where it gets sticky. My dog somehow reopened her stitches and needed to go to the vet, another $600. The owner initially said she would pay half, then called back saying she is not going to pay any of the bill because it was Biscuit's (my dog) fault. I spoke to her again and she is now saying she will only pay $200 of the vet bill IF I sign a release saying she is not liable for any further visits. I can't sigh that, she could get an infection or something else. I don't want to take this to court but don't know what to do! Please help!

    Edit: I am in California

    submitted by /u/TunaToes
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to get grandparents visitation reversed?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    The child is 15, the bio mom passed away years ago, the grandmother took the father to court and was granted weekly visitation. The grandmother is verbally abusive. The child no longer wants to spend time with her. Is it possible to get out of the visitations? How hard would this be?

    Edit: State is California.

    submitted by /u/ashesinlalaland
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment