• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 4, 2020

    Legal Advice - [UPDATE] HOA wrongfully towed my car, and admits in writing it was wrongfully towed. Won’t refund my money, tells me to get it from the towing company. Towing company won’t refund my money.

    Legal Advice - [UPDATE] HOA wrongfully towed my car, and admits in writing it was wrongfully towed. Won’t refund my money, tells me to get it from the towing company. Towing company won’t refund my money.


    [UPDATE] HOA wrongfully towed my car, and admits in writing it was wrongfully towed. Won’t refund my money, tells me to get it from the towing company. Towing company won’t refund my money.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Original post here

    [FLORIDA]

    My car was towed from my own complex due to "expired registration,", even though the registration was never expired. I tried explaining this to the tow company, even showed them the registration, and they said they just tow when the HOA or the spotters tell them to tow. I talked to the HOA, they admitted in writing that the car was wrongfully towed, but won't issue a reimbursement because (direct quote):

    "This is between you and [TOWING COMPANY] as this was a wrongfully towed vehicle towed by [TOWING COMPANY]."

    Should I just take these people to small claims court at this point? I also plan on reporting the towing company to any and all regulatory authorities, just so they have something on file, because this is not the first or second time they've done this to someone in my neighborhood. I spoke to a gentleman here whose car was also illegally towed under astounding circumstances.

    submitted by /u/Umbra427
    [link] [comments]

    Employer serving food to public during pandemic has confirmed positive cases and not telling anyone

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    We're in Texas. My company is serving food to to our local community at different locations throughout the city. We come into contact with hundreds of people everyday and we are not provided with any masks, only food service gloves as ppe. I had to borrow hand sanitizer from someone, because our company would not provide it. At one of our locations, an employee's SO tested positive for covid 19. That employee was then asked to get tested. They also came back positive. This employee worked for 2 weeks preparing meals and serving the community while being infected. My company has chosen to not tell anyone. They finished out the week and then sent everyone home from that location for 2 weeks quarantine, but didn't tell them why. They have already hired a new staff to move to that location to take over next week. The community doesn't know they were previously exposed, the employees for the past 2 weeks don't know, and the one person who does know, was told she couldn't tell anyone. She told me because she tells me everything and she was the site supervisor over there. The company won't pay for her to get tested or anything. I feel like the community and the employees need to know. Can I lose my job if I let health authorities and/or local news know what is going on?? What are my options?

    Update: I have filed an official complaint with OSHA

    submitted by /u/UnexpectedAnxietyCat
    [link] [comments]

    Assulted at work by a customer, job doesn't have workers comp.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    I work at a car rental place. A gentleman dropped off a car dirty and we were going to call him to tell him that we were charging a cleaning fee ($300). We stopped midway through calling him and decided I should take pictures to see if the manager thinks it's worth it to charge the fee. He calls us back after we disconnect while its rining, and I just tell him it's a misdial. He starts asking me about whether the car was good. I said it's a little dirty, but we are getting it checked in now. He starts going off about the cleaning fee and gets real belligerent screaming stuff like "charge me the 300 bitch" and "see what happens". I hang up the phone on him after he gets loud and isnt listening to me. I go outside to take the pictures and the guy walks up on me and continues screaming at me over this fee and asking me why I'm taking pictures. He gets in my face as I'm starting to get loud and say I'm just doing my job, the cleaning fee hasnt even been decided yet. He gets within an inch if my face and is still screaming, which at this point I scream get the fuck out of my face and I proceed to try to take a step back. At the same time, he sucker punches the right side of my face and I go down. Then he holds my neck down and hits me a few more times before I'm able to get up. I get up and go inside my job and tell them to call the police and that I was just assulted. The cops came and the guy also happened to be pulling back up to the store at the same time. Cops talked to him, then me and basically said they cant arrest him because of Covid and I should go to the jail to file a warrant. I went to the jail and they said they aren't taking applications for warrants. I went to the ER and they said my jaw is broken in 2 places and I have to have surgery to wire it together. The owner of the location I work at (it's a franchise) claims she doesn't have workers comp because she doesn't have enough workers on staff to legal be required to have it. However our state laws say 3 or more employees require it, and she has more than 3 employees. I'm not sure what legal action I can take or what I should do at this point but the surgery is around 20k and I cant afford that. I'm just looking for some guidance on what I should do. Thank you.

    TLDR: Customer broke my jaw at work, job claims they are required to have workers comp so they don't.

    Edit: This is in Georgia, USA.

    Edit 2: when I say I went to the jail, I went to the magistrate courts in the jail, which is where I was directed to go.

    submitted by /u/WashMyCar
    [link] [comments]

    Requesting an autopsy in Utah

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    My father passed away due to neglect a few nights ago. I can't share a lot of detail but I'm trying to request an autopsy be done in Utah and I'm running into a lot of road blocks.

    -The medical examiner won't do it because they don't deem it criminal. I have filed a police report

    -Doctors have requested it but the medical examiner still won't do it

    -I have not been able to find someone to do a private autopsy. I tried 1800-autopsy(yes it's real) and they don't operate in Utah

    Does anyone have experience with this? Any reputable options for an autopsy?

    submitted by /u/SNUFFYCAKES
    [link] [comments]

    (MA) Dealerships (sales) are “non-essential” and closed - tell me if I don’t extend my lease month-to-month I have to “virtually ground” the car....in my driveway AND continue to pay insurance.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    Lease matures on the 15th, Toyota graciously offers an extra 10-day return period. Then they state that dealerships aren't accepting lease returns at this time and tell me my options are to either 1. Extend the lease month to month or 2. "Virtually ground" my car. Which apparently entails taking a picture of the odometer and parking my car in the driveway. I am not allowed to drive the car, but they are telling me I would have to continue paying my insurance. The liability is pretty clear here. I don't want to extend my lease and I don't want to store someone else's car in my driveway and pay insurance. Is there any other options here I am missing?

    submitted by /u/HD400
    [link] [comments]

    Is it legal for an Under-age American Girl to be dating a 26 year old that's in Sweden?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    Exactly the title. I'm a 15 year old and I'm simply just trying to protect my friend, but she's claiming that there are loopholes around it and she's not listening since she's so Deeply in love with this Swedish man.

    Sorry If this isn't formal, just looking for advice to fix this.

    submitted by /u/EkuriZ
    [link] [comments]

    Girlfriend's salon is having staff file for unemployment but asking them to do video consultations while they are closed

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    NJ has shut down all non-essential businesses as of March 20th, so the studio's owners have recommended all employees file for unemployment while they are closed.

    They have asked their employees to do three things:

    • Be available for weekly hour-long video staff meetings for the next 8 weeks. (Not being paid for this)

    • Come up with 10 different ways to grow the studio while it's closed / when it re-opens, and explain how to implement them. (Not being paid for this)

    • Start doing 30-60 min video consulting calls with clients, that the studio is charging the client up to $100 for, while employees are on unemployment. They have been asked to come into the studio to do this since it has better lighting (directly going against state closures and, again, not being paid for this)

    In my gut, I know all of this is wrong on so many levels, but I wanted to see if anyone had any good insight. It honestly sounds like they're trying to get employees to quit so they can fight unemployment while milking them for ideas and making a few extra bucks, but I'm not entirely sure...it could be straight up incompetence and ignorance.

    submitted by /u/CoffeeOrDeathPlease
    [link] [comments]

    Fraudulent use of my SSN for child support

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, hope you all are staying sane during this pandemic. I, however, have been ripping out my hair from frustration. I could not find any specific threads or rules about this, so if I am in violation of anything I do apologize and will fix.

    DCS: Department of Child Services

    UI: Unemployment Insurance

    ESD: Employment Security Department

    SSN: Social Security Number

    Backstory for context: I live in Chelan County, Washington. Recently I have been temp. laid off and applied for Unemployment Insurance. On March 24th I checked my benefits account, and I was (barely) notified on my standby benefits acception form that I would have child support intercepts/deductions. Wild, because I DO NOT have children. Thankfully my S.O. has been with me since we were teens so she knows it's all 100% fake too.

    With almost no possibility of contacting UI claims line (too many people calling at once) I called DCS to clear up my name, and the DCS agent stated that someone for sure was using my SSN on their child support claim. He cleaned it up and supposedly sent confirmation to the ESD. Speed forward to yesterday, I manage to reach a UI agent after 4.5 hours on hold and asked to have that end cleared up as well to be safe. UI agent was super nice said nothing looked off and didnt see any child support stuff, and cleared some other non-related benefits issues to have my payments go through. Im pretty sure said agent was just overworked and maybe slipped up on noticing the deductions, or I just misunderstood something she may have said. After all, I have been at home for almost 3 weeks straight so maybe Im slipping...

    Now today, benefits say "Paid" and I still lost almost half of my money to child support intercepts. I understand that I can receive that lost money by contacting ESD and sorting it out once more. My main issue is what agencies/organizations do I contact to have this cleared up and properly report fraud.

    I want to make sure I do everything I can to prevent any reoccurence of this in the future, so any solid suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

    Thanks for reading redditors of legaladvice.

    Side note: Something similar happened a few years ago, and I notified Social Security offices, and Department of Child Services who then "fixed" the issues. Either they did not OR I just have piss-poor luck. Likely the latter, as time has shown me.

    *edit: formatting on mobile

    submitted by /u/Ojhka956
    [link] [comments]

    My nosy landlady might actually kill me [CO]

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    So, I originally posted this almost a week ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/fqt1qp/landlord_wants_to_enter_apartment_for_absurd/ (tl;dr, my landlady wanted to enter my apartment to store her luggage in a storage closet after returning from international travel, despite the fact that I'm on strict isolation and on oxygen).

    That issue resolved. I called our local PD non-emergency line and they said they would not be able to help in this situation as they are not responding to any non-urgent calls, and that she has the right to enter my apartment with 24 hours notice. I ended up going upstairs late at night, seeing the luggage, and carrying it down with a disinfecting wipe. She was NOT HAPPY.

    Well, unfortunately there's a new challenge. She says she needs entrance to my apartment for "maintenance" to the furnace next week. She says it's something ONLY she can do (she is 72, 4'10, about 90 lbs, has a pacemaker and no technical knowledge whatsoever), and will take half an hour. This is in spite of me telling her my doctor says it is a literal matter of life and death for me. My doctor says if it is actually unavoidable she should don a mask and gloves and minimize her time in my room. And that I should stay in the bathroom for at least three hours after her departure to give droplets time to disperse, and then I can disinfect surfaces. I am running out of disinfectant and do not have a mask or gloves. My landlady does not have a mask or gloves, and honestly would not wear them if she did.

    I offered to do whatever it was, replace the filter or do maintenance, but she says again that only she can do it.

    She has had visitors over in the past two days, and has been going out to visit friends semi-regularly, so her claims to be "quarantined and totally fine" are bullshit.

    I do not have a way of locking the door so that she can't get in. It opens outward and there's no way for me to replace the non-locking handle.

    Do I have any other legal options or legal arguments I could share with her to convince her this is a horrifically bad idea?

    I'm in Colorado, nearby but not in the City/County of Denver.

    submitted by /u/TheWaystone
    [link] [comments]

    My Landlord is redoing the entire foundation while I am living inside

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    So my landlord told me they are going to redo the foundation and that it will take the entire month. They said the workers would be there Monday - Friday and there would be minimal noise. So far it has been extremely loud, to the point where I can't sleep in the morning and am having trouble working from home because of the noise. Also not crazy about having a huge crew of people around my place with the virus going on. I was hoping to catch up on some sleep today (Saturday) but they were working again even though she said mon-fri.

    My place is basically like a construction zone at this point, there are wires and a fence with all this equipment in my yard. Am I entitled to a lower rent or anything during this month or do I just need to suck it up and take it? For reference I live in Southern California.

    submitted by /u/moremysterious
    [link] [comments]

    Covid-19 + nurse

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I am a nurse at a skilled nursing facility/LTC facility in New Jersey. I work on a subacute unit (post hospital). I tested positive for covid-19 yesterday, and I'm the first of anyone from my facility to do so, including patients. My director of nursing asked me not to write about it on Facebook, that for "safety" they would handle it and inform people. I understand the reporting of everything to Dept of Health, etc and notifying staff/residents/RPs etc. I don't have an issue with that. I read the letter the sent to employees notifying of the positive case and when I last worked, without naming my name. This I do not have a problem with. Can they actually tell me not to post on social media about my test results? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/icecreamtreats
    [link] [comments]

    [UPDATE] I haven't been able to talk to my son in over 2 weeks. Who do I need to contact to resolve this matter without having to get a lawyer? TX

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    My son is currently living with my ex-husband in CO. I'm in TX. For the past two weeks, I've been trying to get in touch with him to talk to my 5-year-old son and I haven't been able to get a hold of him. My ex keeps on ignoring all of my calls. I'm getting a little worried at this point. I'm not sure who to contact to get help. Would that be the state of TX?

    UPDATE: I called the local police department in his area and asked for a wellness check on my son. They went to his place I guess he wasn't home. They called him to have him call me. I get a call from his new wife yelling at me over the phone and saying that I get on their nerves... so I just hang up the phone. Then she messaged me saying that if a call the cops again they're going to court and have my parental rights taken away, just because they get annoyed of me calling about my son.

    So at this point, I'm very disappointed with the law enforcement. I called them to specifically check on my son to make sure that he's ok. Mind you it's been like 3 weeks since I've seen him last over the video chat. I don't think that they're abusing him, but at the same time as a mother, I need to seem him with my own eyes.

    I called the responding officer back and explained everything. He said he's not able to enforce anything and that I would have to contact the court.

    My custody agreement was made during the time my ex-husband lived in the state of TX. Now that he's in CO how do I go about having that changed?

    submitted by /u/5555UMI
    [link] [comments]

    4 years after divorce, my relentless dad keeps filing lawsuits against my mom and it's costing us thousands per month.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I have just turned 18, I hope me being adult widens my options. We live in New York, specifically in Suffolk County, Long Island.

    -My father has his own (delusional) narrative of how he's invested billions of dollars into my brother and I. He has completely made up that figure. He continues to make baseless claims that my mother is abusive, mentally ill, promiscuous, and other rather false statements about how she is unfit as a parent.

    -I have a brother who is 16.

    -My mother has full custody of my brother and had full custody of me until I turned 18.

    -My mother has a boyfriend who lives with us. We are all happy with him.

    -My father currently lives in the basement. He was legally required to move out a while ago. We have almost no interaction with him.

    Anyway, my father continues to file lawsuits against my mother, her lawyer, AND the judges involved in the cases. I'm seeing the lawyer bills and the numbers are adding up to the tens of thousands of dollars a year. What can I or my mother do to try and stop these lawsuits?

    If more details are necessary, I'll provide.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Big_Benis_Boi
    [link] [comments]

    My landlord hired a new property management company but hasn't transferred my security deposit. It now showing as a past due balance on my account.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I live in Portland, OR, USA.

    In early March, I came home to a short note taped to my front door that said "just wanted to give you a heads up...property management company is scheduled to take over on April 1st, 2020. signed from my landlord.

    I got a letter from the management company last week with the new address for rent and the option for an online payment option.

    I called repeatedly to get set up in their online system and when I finally reached them, they said they hadn't been provided with all the tenants contact information so it had been hard to set up? This was a red flag to me.

    I asked if they had a copy of my lease. They said they did. So I said then they had my contact information as it's written in my lease.

    I finally get an email with online rent access and it's showing I owe my monthly rent + a $1200 security deposit that is marked past due (and the due date is before I was made aware of the transfer of management).

    I paid this deposit via check the day I signed my lease last September.

    I pay my rent balance and leave the remaining past due balance. I called and emailed to ask about the past due bill.

    I finally got an email saying they hadn't gotten my deposit from my landlord yet and will update it when they do.

    I'm getting regular automated emails about my past due balance.

    My questions are:

    How long does my landlord have to transfer this money?

    Isn't this technically my money being held by the landlord and shouldn't I have gotten more formal notice in the manner?

    Is this something that I should just ignore until my lease is up in September and hope I get the $ back? Or should I be getting some sort of documentation of the transfer of the money now?

    Tl;dr Landlord hired a property management company last month but hasn't paid them my security deposit. I am getting a bill marked past due from the management company who say they will remove the charge once they get the money from my landlord.

    submitted by /u/feministkilljoykate
    [link] [comments]

    [SoCal] my neighbor abuses her dog.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    We've tried to contact animal control, Property manager, and LBC Police. We've sent in proof of the abuse such as her pouring soap into the dogs eyes and grabbing it by the collar and putting it down the stairs outside. She leaves the dog in small cage for days at a time and come homes and it's it because it made a mess in its cage. Animal control closed the case saying it wasn't bad enough. Others in my complex have complained as well. She threatened my roommate the other day because of it. We are not sure what to do. She is giving it a bath outside with cold water from the fountain. It's 60 degrees. She has it chained up on the stairs so it can't really touch the floor. Please help.

    submitted by /u/pettycrocker1
    [link] [comments]

    Intimidated by a lawyer

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    My dog was bit last year in November and I had to take her to emergency care. It was at a dog park and the guy who's dog bit mine had no collar but more importantly the guy was a family law lawyer (I found out which kind later). He gave me his info and promised to pay for my vet bills, but after sending him all the info from the vet; he sent one of the slimiest weasley emails backing out that I've ever read. I don't think it would be ok to post the letter here (it was from his law firm) but he made some pretty absurd accusations even saying ridiculous shit like because his dog is black and mine is gold that I and my dog must be racist. Basically, he intimidated me by him being a lawyer. When I asked him his name at the park he said "I'm a lawyer" and the info he gave me was his firms. When he emailed me back it was from his firm. He fled the scene at the dog park and I chased him down and asked if he could talk and he agreed. But in his email he stated I aggressed him and threatened me to back off because he's a lawyer.

    I didn't do anything at the time because it scared the girl I was dating so badly that I didn't pursue it. I told her I would write a letter to the Bar but she was scared he would somehow retaliate.

    Is there anything I can do now? Is it still too late to file a police report? I have all the documentation and pictures still. My girlfriend even got a witness at the dog park to give us a testimony that his dog bit mine and he fled the scene.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tl;dr in November a lawyers dog attacked mine (property damage) and he intimidated me several times to back off and won't pay for vet bills he originally promised to pay. I'm just a youngin and have no legal skill. What do?

    submitted by /u/currentcoast
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor shot arrow at my house

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    Yesterday afternoon, my gf and daughter thought they saw the neighbor from across the street at the bottom of our driveway doing something next to my car. He then left my property and went back to his house. I checked all our cars and nothing seemed amiss and sort of forgot about it. Today, I opened my garage door which is at the top of our steep driveway and noticed an arrow on the ground at the edge of the driveway. This at least answered my question about what the neighbor had been doing. I then closed the garage door and sure enough there was a hole through one side of the metal door.

    I have heard him in his yard on occasion shooting arrows, but I was not aware that he was shooting towards my house. His yard is obscured by brush but by the way the narrow yard runs, he would need to be shooting either towards my house, or the opposite direction towards his other neighbor. My garage is about 50 feet onto my property and probably 15-20 feet higher than the street level. So his shot most have soared over our cars and our steep driveway to hit the garage.

    I'm not super worried about the damage to the garage (Although it's annoying). I'm more bothered by the fact that it could have gone through my daughter window, hit our cars, or come into the garage (I often have the garage door open if I am working out there). It seems to me, that it would be considered negligent to be shooting arrows with your neighbors house behind the target.

    I have not talked to him yet, and I just want to know how best to proceed. I really just want make sure he never shoots arrows in the direction of my house again. Is he legally free to shoot arrows in his yard towards my house?

    Edit: I live in California

    submitted by /u/trimbandit
    [link] [comments]

    Housemates vanished the day rent was due, left and ambiguous note and blocked me

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    The situation: As we all know COVID-19 has been a huge stressor for tenants who are struggling financially. Thankfully my landlord is being very flexible regarding rent payments. Last week I texted my housemates/two sub tenants who are NOT on the lease and asked them if they needed any assistance or support through this time and that our landlord would be flexible with us. I happened to be staying at a family members house during this past week because I wanted a bit of a bigger space to live out our social distancing. Well I started to get a sneaking suspicion something was up when I saw that my message wasn't going through to one of them. I texted the other and asked what was up and to let me know since they are dating. He said she wasn't responding to him either. Another red flag. I decided to get home that same night, and unfortunately my suspicions were correct. I found a note that said "boyfriends name has the keys, he said he'd be back. Contact him. Thanks for everything" Now here's the issue, I never got a verbal or in writing "I'm moving out", I can't get ahold of the boyfriend, he's who knows where and I don't know what my rights are regarding abolishing our agreement for them to stay here. Especially given the nature of the corona virus evictions. Oddly enough, their stuff is still here in the bedroom and kitchen. It's all really gross and I don't want to clean it, they were slobs. To be clear they missed rent three days ago, this is the first time.

    My plan so far: I looked up some tenants rights in California and served them a three day to pay rent or quit. I posted it on their bedroom door (which they haven't seen), and sent them a pdf document saying they needed to respond or get out within three days. On the third day if they haven't responded I have prepared a abandoned property legal document to say we will hold on to their stuff for 18 days and then we will be disposing if it.

    Is there anything more I can do right now?? I really need to clear and fill the space ASAP considering I've lost my job and need assistance paying rent. I can't afford a place by myself in California and the back rent owed for their half. It's taking everything in me not to just immediately throw it out. But one of them completely blocked me and the other isn't responding and hasn't come home.

    Any answers helps and I really appreciate it.

    Edit: reposted with mods permission.

    Edit 2: I spoke with an attorney, they advised me to proceed with a date stamped posting to their door and a mailed letter to this address that states they are in good faith abandoning the property and they have 18 days to retrieve their belongings before I'm allowed to sell them for the rent owed or discard of them. He let me know I am allowed to put their belongings into boxes and store them safely here... so I will be proceeding with that advice.

    Thanks to all of you that gave advice and if you have anymore I'll still check it out!

    submitted by /u/teetertat
    [link] [comments]

    State police want to return confiscated drug money to me. I want it but am highly skeptical.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    This is in Pennsylvania. Was arrested for criminal use of a communication facility 2 years ago. They confiscated almost $1000 at the scene along with drugs and cell phones. Got charged, plead guilty, went to jail, completed probation, everything is clear. Been paying on my fine every month too.

    Yesterday the arresting officer called and asked if i wanted it back. He said it would cost more to go through the proceedings to seize its worth. Basically saying because its a small amount that it would cost the court more than $1000 to properly seize it.

    Is this legitimate? it feels legit, surely they can't charge me with a crime just for accepting that money can they?

    submitted by /u/VietStamm
    [link] [comments]

    My therapist sent out my email to 7 other clients.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Like the title above, I just started seeing a new therapist and she had to update privacy signatures to have permission to have online sessions. Well when she emailed seven other clients she put my name and email address at the bottom of all of their emails. I just feel this is gross incompetence and I don't know how to go forward with trust with her when she just foolishly gave out my name. help?

    submitted by /u/throwaway85498709
    [link] [comments]

    Supervisor spreading my private information to other staff.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Delete if not allowed I live in BC Canada working as a Health Care Aid for a union, I opened up to my supervisor about my mental health in confidence for them to get a better understanding. I found out later, to my horror, that my supervisor told all of my other coworkers. Is there anything I can do? I know it's a silly question but I'm getting treated differently because of this leak of information. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/NornsAnnex
    [link] [comments]

    MN - Lived in the top half of a duplex for 1.5 years, landlord is now asking that we share the back deck we haven’t shared for this entire time.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    As the title states; my wife and I have lived in our unit for a year and a half and now our landlord has decided that the deck on our level (that our back door opens to and has stairs that go downstairs) is going to be a shared space. He has never used it and when showing the unit to us initially it was told that it was ours to use. We have a table and a bbq on it and use it often. Is there any grounds for him to do this? Attached is a link to our current text conversation. texts with landlord

    submitted by /u/phoenixrising77
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment