• Breaking News

    Monday, April 6, 2020

    Legal Advice - [Texas] I [23F] had sex with a 17-year-old. He told me he was 19. He took a video of us having sex without my consent and is threatening to share it. What can I do?

    Legal Advice - [Texas] I [23F] had sex with a 17-year-old. He told me he was 19. He took a video of us having sex without my consent and is threatening to share it. What can I do?


    [Texas] I [23F] had sex with a 17-year-old. He told me he was 19. He took a video of us having sex without my consent and is threatening to share it. What can I do?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    We met on Tinder in December and started seeing each other in January. We've slept together a handful of times. I decided it would be best to stop seeing each other around the start of last month when they started telling people to stay away from each other.

    At first he was really understanding but over the past couple weeks he's been pushing to see me more. I kept trying to make plans to see him once everything has calmed down but he's been insisting on coming over to my place despite everything. Yesterday I finally put my foot down and let him know we wouldn't be meeting now or later since I didn't like how pushy he was being.

    He called me and we got into it because I wouldn't let him come over. Once we hung up, he snapped me a video of us HAVING SEX in his fucking car. I don't even know when he took it. It's dark so you can't really see me but it's clearly my voice. On the video he wrote that I would either let him come over or he'd send the video to my boss and tell his mom because HE'S 17. I told him I was out of town because my sister had her baby (which is true) but he could come over when I got back. I was afraid if I told him no straight up that he'd send the video.

    I DID NOT KNOW HE WAS 17. I NEVER would have slept with him. I have screenshots of his Tinder profile where his age is clearly listed as 19. I don't have a Facebook so we were never friends on there but I do have his Insta and SC and nothing on those indicates he's 17. I keep thinking back over all of our interactions but even in text messages he doesn't say anything to indicate he was in high school. He told me he went to a local community college, he talks about college classes and getting off of his job at HEB. Anyway it's not like we had long conversations; our relationship consisted of having sex and maybe getting dinner beforehand.

    Please help me. I've been freaking out about this for several hours. I work with kids right now and I'm in school to be a school social worker, I can't have this on my record. I know I should probably go to the cops but how can I do that and make sure nothing comes out of this???

    submitted by /u/MutedStress
    [link] [comments]

    [NYC] My roommates said the landlord will bring a letter of eviction to evict me because I’m healthcare worker and pose a danger to all tenants. Is this legal?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    My roommates, who have threatened to evict me because I'm a healthcare worker, said that because I'm not quarantining with them, they have asked the landlord to evict me because I pose a danger to everyone. They said the landlord has told them he will bring a letter of eviction from the real estate office. I have offered many ways to compromise such as living in cheap hotels (but still too expensive for my current salary) if they help me with some of the costs. They flat out refused. Is this legal? My name is on the lease, and it expires in August.

    submitted by /u/Seriously-Curious
    [link] [comments]

    [California/LA County/COVID-19/Labor Law] My employer is having me work from home and answer company cell phone for Customer Service but only wanting to pay me for when a call is received and time spent on that call. They are not wanting to pay for me being available during business hours.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    The title gives most of the information but I will clarify.

    I work as a Customer Service Agent for a high dollar, low volume, bespoke product manufacturer. When I am at the office during business hours I am expected to answer all calls to the Support line (a cellphone that I keep on me at all times when at the office and required to take home with me) immediately with a goal of a 90% answer rate.

    ***I am the only Customer Service Agent for this company. ***

    I provide all of the TIER 1 product/tech support for our product as well. A majority of my time is spent waiting for support calls, managing our ZenDesk, and working on projects assigned to me by my Supervisor. There are many days where I simply sit at my desk being available for work to come in. If a call comes into the Support Line after hours I am required to record my time via Toggl. I am expected to pick up the call, handle the issue if it's quick or generate a ticket in ZenDesk and inform the customer we will be able to handle it in the morning when the rest of the office is in. If I miss the call I must reply via ZenDesk with an "after-hours" type message within 8 hours. The business owner advertises 24/7 Customer Support. Yes, I am the one who has to answer the calls on weekends as well.

    Our offices closed 2 weeks ago due to COVID-19, my employer had me start working from home so our customers could still get support. Everything we use is web-based and they previously gave me a laptop for weekend calls when I am out of town doing my own stuff. I must have wi-fi and a laptop to take most of our calls as I need to remote into the client's machine and make changes. I was being paid 8/hrs a day M-F and OT for any additional work done outside of that during the past two weeks of work at home.

    My boss contacted me this morning informing me that I need to record all time spent working and that once special projects (busy work) dry up and the current tickets are updated, I will not be paid for being available during business hours but still be required to keep my metrics up.

    I let them know I'm happy to keep working on special projects but that I need to be paid for the time spent being available. I need to be at my desk in order to do my job (office or remote) and to keep up the requirements they've set for me. My Supervisor proceeded to let me know that "a lot of people are laid off and not being paid" and "well you can't go outside right now anyway so why wouldn't you be available?". He is claiming to not understand why I am upset at this proposal and invited me to speak with the owner, I will do that once I have some ammo to back me up or enough information to accept this as a bullshit situation that I cannot change.

    I feel that they are using this pandemic to take advantage of my time and exploit me. Is there any legal basis for them to be required to pay me for my time?

    submitted by /u/subject30nine
    [link] [comments]

    Psychiatrist closed my case because I'm pregnant and refuses to treat me. They also did not give me any referrals. (Kentucky)

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I have bipolar disorder and was seeing a Psychiatrist for it. When I found out I was pregnant, I called them to let them know. They told me to quit taking my medication (cold turkey) and that they are closing my case. They also did not give me any referrals. I understand there are certain medications I can't take, but it's very dangerous for me to not receive any medical help for my bipolar disorder. My OBGYN says she cannot treat me for bipolar.

    So my question is, is this even legal? I feel like I've been discriminated against because I'm pregnant.

    Edit: clarified what my OBGYN can't treat me for.

    submitted by /u/The_Aeons_Torn
    [link] [comments]

    (Illinois)My coworkers and I are COVID-19 positive, likely because of instructions from management.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    I'm a RN that works on a wing in a state run hospital that was converted to respond to the large influx of COVID-19 rule-out and positive patients. Initially staff working with these patients were told to not wear N95 (Airborne) masks when in the room with these patients because COVID-19 was suspected by the CDC to be transmitted via droplets. When staff complained that surrounding hospitals were using N95s and requested to wear these masks as an additional precaution, we were told the hospital had a very limited supply and discouraged from using them unless our patient was having a procedure that would aerosolize the virus. We were told instead to use surgical masks. Some of our staff including me have tested positive for COVID-19. About two weeks after their initial announcement recommending the use of surgical masks, our hospital now recommends the use of N95s at all times. Our management claims that all personal protection equipment advice was taken from the CDC, and their understanding of COVID-19 is changing every day. However, staff affected by this are understandably upset, and feel that we considered expendable in the eyes of our management. We wanted to see if there are grounds for a class action lawsuit.

    submitted by /u/ThoreauAweh
    [link] [comments]

    Can a nursing home change your contract during a lockdown?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    My grandparents live in a retirement community in Pierce County, WA that has independent and assisted living. The community is currently under almost total lockdown because of COVID, although luckily they haven't had any cases there yet. Washington state has a stay-at-home order through May 2nd at least.

    My grandparents are on the independent living side. They have meals there, but handle all their own meds. My grandfather has some mild memory issues but my grandma helps him out. Physically they both get around fine and don't need help showering or getting dressed or anything.

    When I say lockdown, the residents are basically confined to their rooms, no visitors. The staff leaves food outside their doors three times a day. Their temperatures are taken everyday. If you have contact with anyone but the staff you are (even more) quarantined for 14 days. Obviously all the activities and amenities are cancelled, including the cleaning service. This has been really hard on my grandparents, but I understand the severity of the situation and that the staff are doing the best they can to protect the residents.

    The issue is with management. This week all the residents were given a new contract and told that they need to sign by the end of the month. The contract raises the base rent by $200, but more than that it converts all the the independent residents to assisted living. This gives them access to all the residents' medical records and means they can assess a bunch of additional fees for whatever help they say they need (probably a lot in my grandpa's case even though grandma is the one who actually takes care of him).

    It seems very coercive to do this in the middle of a crisis when everyone is on lockdown! We called a few other places and nobody is letting residents move in right now. Even if my parents had room, it's not really feasible to move them out either because while they can't stop my grandparents from leaving, they will not let movers in to get their stuff.

    We've told my grandparents not to sign the contract and plan to move them as soon as the lockdown is lifted, but we really don't know what else we can do. Is this legal?

    submitted by /u/Super-Barnacle
    [link] [comments]

    My wife is pregnant and due in 5 weeks and I was refused leave to quarantine in order to keep her from getting exposed to COVID-19. Under the new EFMLEA that went into effect on 02/04 it seems I may be qualified to take FMLA leave. How can I be sure and how do I even get them to give me it? [Kansas]

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    I requested non discretionary leave but they refused. I also cannot afford to take unpaid leave for this amount of time because I would lose health coverage. I read briefly about the expansion to FMLA but I'm no legal expert. I don't even know what kind of lawyer I need to contact to even get started getting help with this and every day that goes on I am putting my wife at risk to birth complications if I contract the virus and give it to her. Not to mention I am also asthmatic and somewhat worried about my own issues I may have if I get it. I'm very anxious about this whole situation and I don't know what to do.

    Edit: thank you everyone for all of your answers. I am feeling much more at ease with the resources some of you have provided me.

    submitted by /u/Bando-sama
    [link] [comments]

    Ex coworker wants a restraining order against me

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    My coworker (18 m) got fired for sexually harassing me and got really angry and started screaming and throwing stuff at me. He got arrested and I was in the middle of getting a final restraining order until the courts closed because of the virus. He now wants to file a restraining order against me based on false allegations and will have his friend/lover/??? as a witness. Is there anyway I can stop this? I have messages of him asking others for my address so that he can send people to my house to do god knows what to me.

    18f NJ

    submitted by /u/inaccurisms
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a carpenter, walked out on a client because he's racist and sexist, now he wants to sue.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    I'm a carpenter. I was building a deck at a client's house with my employee but we have a problem. Basically the client is being hostile to my employee because she's an African-American woman. He has made racists and sexist remarks, implying she's lazy because she's African-American, she isn't skilled enough to do the work properly and so on. This is not true at all, she is hard-working, skilled and a pleasure to work with. He has made inappropriate comments about her being "hot" and asking if she's my mistress and winking and things like that. We had enough of this so we told him we won't be finishing the job at his place and he can find someone else (I was calm and polite), then we left. He has paid for the materials, which we have delivered at his place and left there. He hasn't paid a cent for the job. Now there's a large hole in his garden as the deck we were building is not finished. There are heavy wooden beams stacked in his driveway so he can't use it. He called me in a rage and said I breached our contract and he would sue me for everything I have and he would destroy my reputation. I'm inclined to believe him, he seems the kind to do it. He also accuses me of blocking his driveway on purpose, and he wants me to go back and move the beams. I must admit I was a bit pissed so I might indeed have dropped the beams on the driveway on purpose. The job is not finished and I don't think I will ask for payment for the part of the work that was done, I don't want to see any more of him. If I don't make him pay, does he have grounds to sue me? The job isn't finished, but it has cost him nothing except the materials, which he has at his place, and any other carpenter can take it from here. Also, should I go back and move the beams?

    Edit: location MO

    submitted by /u/JFCCarpenter
    [link] [comments]

    How do I legally protect my elderly father from suspicious woman who is befriending him?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    My dad is in his late 80s and is a widow. He lives alone but I live nearby and help him with cleaning, food, pills, doctors appointments and finances. His doctor has expressed concern over his memory but he has been tested and it has been determined it is still safe for him to live alone with my help and frequent visits. Some days he seems really sharp still and others he seems to struggle with his memory and gets confused easily.

    A recently divorced woman about 15 yrs younger has befriended him and has offered to visit and help him with things around the house for payment and he seems to enjoy her company. Some things she has said have made me and my siblings suspect she is after his money. She has expressed that she needs money and that's why she is offering to help with him and get paid for it. She has been coming up with excuses to spend more time at his house, like not being able to drive home when it's raining. She has said she would like to live in the community that he lives in, but can't afford it. She lied to him about something I said to her, making him mad at me which makes me think she's trying to pin him against me. She also was saying some things to me amount his specific heart problems and probing for more info about his health status. She has seemed uninterested in doing the "dirty work" that is required to take care of my dad such as cleaning the house and dealing with doctors appointments and wants me to continue to do all that, despite her being paid to be his caretaker.

    I have expressed my concerns to my dad that she is after his money somehow and he has just gotten mad and said I'm being ridiculous. I suggested that, at the very least, he should change his will so that if he were to ever remarry, his money would still go to his kids, as he intends it to. And he said he would never remarry and he's not spending money on a lawyer to redo his will. My sibling and I also suggested he not have a checkbook or credit card in the house and he has refused that as well. He trusts her and seems to think she only has his best interest at heart.

    I just don't trust that this woman won't manipulate him to marry her with the intention of getting an inheritance when he dies or that she will find some way to take his money and leave him without any in his old age. I have a power of attorney that can be activated if he were to be unfit to make decisions for himself, but he is not really at that point right now. Is there anything I can do to protect my father from being financially taken advantage of in case my suspicions about this woman end up being correct? (We live in California).

    submitted by /u/Giantincacorn
    [link] [comments]

    Gas station needlestick nightmare

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I actually created this reddit account just so i could make this post. I work at my job as a gas station clerk in Wisco. I'm an essential employee being paid no extra hazard fee even though i work with 150 customers a day, but that's beside the point.

    Last saturday, I was stuck with a needle cleaning out our metal cage that is SUPPOSED to hold a Sharps bin. It was taken out about 8 months ago after I reported it was vandalized and tried to be ripped off the wall. We have a high population of IV drug users in the area, and they often try to dig in them to reuse needles since we don't have a safe needle exchange in my town. Of the 30 needles or so in the bin, many were dark and discolored or chalky and obviously full of heroin/methamphetamine/other drugs, based on my prior experience reporting this to the police in the early part of my employment here.

    I've had to clean this bin about twice a month since they removed the sharps container itself out of the wall lock box. I've been instructed to do this by my superiors, with no needle related experience or training, so i thought nothing of it as I layered 3 pairs of gloves on my hands, took the key, and opened the lock box, giving me better access than sticking my hand through the opening as I've been told to do in the past. On one of the last needles, the tip was sticking out through the orange safety cap, as it bent and went through the plastic. I got poked in the thumb, and saw it broke the skin.

    I immediately called my boss when i was standing in the bathroom, holding the sonuvabitch needle that stuck me. She immediately got defensive and without blaming me explicitly, she asked me what the fuck was I doing in there, should just let the junkies steal the needles, and again why was I cleaning up an abundance of exposed used needles in our station. She then told me that I didnt need to go to the ER, and that I should use the free/low income clinic down the road to get testing and treatment. Our local hospital is on COVID alert, and had no other means to test me other than an ER visit.

    I didnt seek medical treatment until 4 days later when workman's comp called me, and were flabbergasted I hadnt gone to the ER yet. They sent me there right away and my boss was PISSED.

    I'd love to be able to quit and leave but before that I'd like to get my ducks in a row. I'd have no livable wage and no chance at getting a full time job in the COVID market near me as many businesses are shut down and temps already hired.

    I feel like my boss is being an ass because of her own negligence and failure to protect her employees from bloodborne diseases. I work at a gas station-- i don't have medical training and I don't think that a $700 check for over 80 hours in a pay period deems me qualified to be able to be able to safely dispose of used needles in a high risk area. She didnt want me to reach out to worker's comp or an authority above her about this.

    As an added bonus, I found a used heroin needle in a garbage can in our general area yesterday. She instructed me to take the garbage bag the lone needle was in and just throw it away in our dumpster.

    How do i proceed?

    submitted by /u/gasclerk62
    [link] [comments]

    my only toilet and bathtub are clogged for 5+ days, now my toilet is overflowing all over my bathroom floor with shit water. landlord is dragging his feet like crazy on fixing it. is this lawsuit worthy?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    i am so frustrated it's insane. everytime me and my fiance need to use the bathroom we have to leave the house and go all the way to his work to use the bathroom during a pandemic/lockdown. a plumber has already come twice, that WE arranged, not the landlord. he couldn't do anything about it. plumber said it was a mainline problem and not caused by us. landlord ignores our texts for hours and doesn't try to call a new plumber unless we push and push, and even when she does she settles on the person that can come days from now. we have shit water flooding our only bathroom in our tiny house. the house reeks of shit.

    i would call a new plumber on my own but every time i do they say they need to talk to my landlord first, and she doesnt ever answer calls. im so furious and frustrated and i dont know what to do. she has used subtle threats of not renewing our lease before.

    submitted by /u/bitchbaby1
    [link] [comments]

    My Father had a stroke and is minimally responsive in the ICU. I need advice on how to proceed.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Location is Oregon. My father (63) had a massive stroke last Friday and is currently barely responsive in the ICU. He has been divorced from my mother for around 9 years and they have no contact with each other. I am his oldest child and live in the same town as him

    My concern is that there is no directive or power of Attorney set up that I know of to approve medical decisions or reach out to his mortgage company/creditors to handle payments or adjustments that may need to be made.

    My question is what is the best way to go about finding out what the next best course of action is. Do I need to speak with an attorney? What type of attorney should I look for?

    Any/all advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DrumminAnimal73
    [link] [comments]

    [Connecticut] Can my employer legally forbid us from discussing our compensation?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this. I work for a pharmaceutical company and my supervisor recently held a meeting after our performance reviews, chastising us for knowing each other's rates of pay and threatening to write us up down the line. Is discussing compensation among co-workers considered a protected activity under the national labor relations act? Does it violate other state or federal labor laws? I'm ideally hoping to find the precise section of the precise law that protects this activity. Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/pots-and-pans-robot
    [link] [comments]

    Nurses being mandated over legal limit of work hours

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    This is in Detroit, MI at a large hospital. Night shift refused to walk on to the floor tonight as there was only 5 nurses for 100 plus patients, (many people quit all at once last week). Management told them to leave the property if they would not work, which of course they did. This left day shift nurses to be mandated to stay, however we are only legally allowed to work 16 hours before a break of 8. But nurses also cannot leave without relief as this is patient abandonment. Which can lead to a loss of licensure.

    So on paper this is illegal to stay but can action be taken against nurses if they just go home? There is currently no feasible option for relief in terms of staffing. I have friends still working here and they are at hour 18. What can be done?

    submitted by /u/Ralph_Offen
    [link] [comments]

    (NV) I think HR may be retaliating against me for not joining her MLM

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I work for a large company and have used intermittent FMLA for about 6 years now for a lifelong disease. Several months ago I passed the HR assistant on my way in the building and she complimented my complexion, I thanked her and didn't think much of it as she is of a nationality that for some reason loves to point out my pasty ass. We got on the topic of skincare and she ended up pitching a company I immediately recognized as a big skincare MLM. I awkwardly told her i wasn't interested, my skin is honestly really sensitive and I'm pretty happy with my minimal routine. It wasn't a fun conversation but I thought that was the end of it.

    About a month ago I was called into her office with my supervisor and she had him call in a union representative. I'm pretty panicked but she told me not to worry, I wasn't in trouble. Once the union representative arrived to the office she told me she noticed a pattern with my FMLA usage and she wanted me to explain it.

    One of her complaints was that x% of the days I had taken were on Tuesdays and Saturdays (my day off?) near the end of the month. She also pointed out that on x% of the days I took, another associate used FMLA. I'm not exactly sure what she was trying to get at, but this led to me having to explain my condition, which is aggravated by my cycle, in front of her and my male supervisor and male coworker. It was really embarrassing.

    (Edited, accidentally hit post)

    The company's FMLA is handled through a third party company and they've always sent approval letters for every single hour I've taken. I signed up for FMLA at the advice of her predecessor, now her superior working in another location, and was left under the impression that I wouldn't have to explain my condition to management. Is it even legal for her to question me like that? I know I'm using my FMLA appropriately, but living in a right to work state has me worried that she may have me fired for some reason.

    (Edit 2)

    A bit of googling has me wondering if my right to privacy/confidentiality was violated by her calling a union representative into the room without my request.

    submitted by /u/100percentpussyjuice
    [link] [comments]

    Buyers responsibility to ship?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    I recently sold a motorcycle online ( I'm from Kansas and the buyer's phone number is from North Carolina. We agreed on a purchase price for the item and he sent a check. When I received the check it was for $1200 more than the purchase price.

    I was not aware until I received the payment that the buyer wanted me to pay for shipping. Am I wrong in thinking that such a payment is the buyer's responsibility? This is partially due to the fact that the buyer has chosen a shipping company in Connecticut that refuses to take traditional payment methods and only accepts cashapp or Walmart to Walmart, which I refuse to use. I offered to pay for shipping via PayPal but my offer was turned down.

    I offered to use the extra funds sent to me to ship it to him myself but he doesn't seem interested in that idea, nor has he given me any info regarding his preferred shipping location.

    I don't want to get into legal trouble, and was unsure whether if I refuse to pay his shady movers for shipping and just keep the money and motorcycle until he figures out something else (I hope!)

    Will be liable for some for of fraud or misrepresentation? What would be the smart legal thing moving forward? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/sweetsammyk
    [link] [comments]

    HCBM is trying to hire someone to murder me

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Location: Virginia, USA

    Background: My husband and I have full custody of my stepson because we were able to prove that his biological mother was actively sabotaging his health (not giving him his medication, even before major surgery, not taking him to doctors, etc etc). She hs always been very high conflict and refuses to comply with court orders often.

    I was approached by a mutual acquaintance of mine and warned that the biological mother was soliciting people to cut the breaks in mine and my husband's cars, or similar actions. She didn't even care if her son was in the car or not. This person is terrified of the BM. They are willing to testify but will not contact BM to get proof in writing/text as they feel that would raise suspicion.

    What do I do? I'm afraid if i go to police, they'll call it hearsay and laugh because frankly it sounds ridiculous. What can I do? I'm afraid for my child and my family.

    submitted by /u/LaVieEnRows
    [link] [comments]

    Private dock next to state park.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    So we live right next to a state park, we build a private dock onto the lake and have to pay insurance on said dock. With the current pandemic folks are allowed to fish without license and i would really like to allow folks to fish from the dock but I don't want to be sued into oblivion if there's an accident. Will signage help? I currently have a "no trespassing this is a private dock" sign hanging but would a "not responsible for accidents" be able to be held up in court. I want to allow folks onto the dock but don't wanna lose my house. Much thanks! LOCATION ARKANSAS USA

    submitted by /u/nosirkyle
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord stated will be deducting from deposit due to electric bill falling back on him, CA

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    My lease was up March 2020 and my last payment was made the last week of February. I was able to find a new place before our lease ended and ended up moving out mid March. I cut our electric and transferred it to our new place. However, electric wasn't cut off at the old place and wasn't sure what was going on. My landlord stated we'd be getting our full deposit back on 4/1/2020.

    Now, he's stating since electric fell back on him, we're not getting the full deposit back and he's taking whatever out from our deposit. The contract doesn't stipulate we had to pay him for electric only damages, replacement of keys and "any amount legally allowable". He stated "It was through the month. The line that states "less any amount necessary to pay owner." This would include the utilities through the month. The utilities were switch on March 13th however, through the rest of the month you guys were still in there cleaning and such."

    We were out of there the 15th and didn't use electric. Do i have a case against him or is he right?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Straycat43
    [link] [comments]

    Back surgery after 7 months of pain and not being able to walk. In a hit and run 13 days post op. Other driver completely at fault and left car at scene. I picked her out of a lineup. Now needing second back surgery because the accident completely undid the first. We have the same insurance.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    Alaska. I was in pain that progressively got worse for seven months. I had a x-rays, ultrasounds, am ER visit, and a MRI to show I had a herniated disc. I had two epidural steroids over one month and saw a physical therapist for three months. The entire time I was on a concoction of pain meds. I went from walking, to being, hunched over, to using crutches, and finally a driving scooter. Nothing worked. I had surgery in January and had 5 days of pain free bliss. 12 days post op I had a post op appointment where I had X-rays. The next day I was in a hit and run where the other driver pulled out in front of me turning left. She pulled out of a parking lot onto the main road. I ended up t-boning her. It was on a business' camera. She left the car and ran in a second vehicle. The police came and I ended up picking her out of a lineup that night. She was arrested the next morning. I went to the ER that night and had xrays to check my back. But nerve damage doesn't show up on a X-ray. They only said that my spine still looked sturdy. Since then the pain has gotten worse and I have had an MRI and another epidural steroid. They have said that once the virus stuff winds down I'll have a second surgery. I found out through my insurance app that the other driver and I have the same insurance so I'm already planning on getting a lawyer so I don't get screwed. I'm assuming my truck is totaled because there's frame damage but won't know until it gets taken in to be fixed when the virus is over. But for sure we've already been billed for 4K worth of parts of work that was ordered and not here yet. My main question is can I sue her for the first surgery and all that went along like physical therapy and epidurals with it since it's documented by MRIs and doctors that she is the cause that it was undone and basically worthless? Or can I only do what happened from the accident forward? And how do you figure out how much I would be owed? Thanks for reading this whole saga!

    *Edited to add Alaska

    submitted by /u/Trouts-
    [link] [comments]

    Stopped by plough drivers at Pike's Peak for reckless driving. Park Rangers said I am going to receive a summons for reckless driving.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    On Saturday I was driving at Pike's Peak, when two men operating a plough told me that my driving was unsafe and that I should leave. I had not done anything to warrant this, though my car is loud and does "look" quick.

    They had stopped to watch me round a corner, probably as I had my girlfriend film my car while I did so, (Pike's peak is on my bucket list and I wanted a video of me in my car there). I did not see any problem with what I was doing and drove around the corner as normal.

    They drove up to my girlfriend immediately afterward and said "you're not safe, you're leaving". I thought this was in reference to the filming, and we obliged and made to leave the park.

    When I got to the bottom of the tolled road, I was stopped by park rangers who requested my license and told me that I would be issued with a summons for reckless driving. I did not believe I had done anything wrong, and handed over my license as requested.

    Upon researching this, it appears to be quite a serious offense that could result in jail time, and I believe this would almost certainly impact my visa. (Irish citizen working under an O-1A).

    It is my belief that I did not act recklessly or even carelessly, and that no proof exists or could exist of this other than the two witnesses in the plough, and a park ranger who claims to have witnessed me "peel out" from a stop sign near the top of the peak. (Worth noting that my car is incapable of "peeling out," as claimed).

    What should I do here? Given the potential severity of the situation I feel getting a lawyer is prudent, but at the same time I was not stopped by an officer, nor was I doing anything wrong.

    If anyone has any direction here, it would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Bigchrome
    [link] [comments]

    Signed a lease with the promise of them fixing things, but now they won't because of "the state of emergency" they say that they can't. Our front door won't close all of the way even when dead bolted and its not a great neighborhood.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    There's a few things wrong with the apartment but we just want the door fixed so we can feel safe. I can fit my fingers in the crack in the door when its deadbolted. It looks like someone pried the door open and instead of fixing it they nailed the door back together and left it. It's not even weather proof because of the huge crack.

    Edit: im in Michigan

    submitted by /u/BuscemisBallsack
    [link] [comments]

    My roomate/landlord just took the door off of my room

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    Denver, Co she took the door off f Of my room because I'm 6 days late is this legal what can I do?

    submitted by /u/normiesenpai69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment