• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 3, 2020

    Legal Advice - Girlfriend drank from water fountain at airport, was told 15 minutes later that all water was highly contaminated.

    Legal Advice - Girlfriend drank from water fountain at airport, was told 15 minutes later that all water was highly contaminated.


    Girlfriend drank from water fountain at airport, was told 15 minutes later that all water was highly contaminated.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:36 AM PST

    My girlfriend and I were coming home from a trip abroad and had just gone through customs in Houston. On our way to the next gate we decided to use the restroom, she waited for me as I went in. As I came out, she was just finishing a presumably long drink of water from the fountain. On our way to the gate we stopped at one of the restaurants, and ordered food. After asking for water, we were told that the airport water system had been contaminated 2 days prior, and that they were not allowed to serve us water. Not from machines, or sinks, or anything. My girlfriend remarked on the water that she had drank, and they just ignored it and got us different drinks. My girlfriend is now extremely sick, with very similar systems to food poisoning. Is there any grounds to stand on as there was no written warnings in the airport ?

    submitted by /u/JerrBearrrrr
    [link] [comments]

    (Alabama) Is is illegal for a bank manager to inform a potential stranger how much money I have in my Checking out, down to the cent?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PST

    In a small town a few hours from me, someone who was depositing a check into my account decided to ask their good ole boy manager how much fucking money i have in my account, and the manager happily obliged. I am the ONLY person who's name is on the account, I am not a dependent, and this manager was WELL aware this person did not have access to the account. They didn't even know the account number.

    This seems ridiculous, and a massive invasion of my privacy. Were any laws broken by the manager here?

    I'm sorry, I assume this question is adequate for this sub, I can't find much info elsewhere and I'm a little heated at the moment.

    submitted by /u/AgaveMichael
    [link] [comments]

    Deli sandwich shop knowingly gave us real meat when we ordered the meat substitute. It caused my daughter to be admitted into the hospital.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:47 AM PST

    My daughter has an alpha-gal allergy. She was diagnosed last year.

    Since then, it has been necessary for her to cut out dairy and red meat. She eats poultry occasionally but mainly vegan food since she likes the alternatives.

    There is a chain deli shop in our town that has a vegan menu. Vegan dressings, bread, meat alternatives, etc. We go there often as a family because she's able to get a faux roast beef sandwich, philly cheese steak, etc. while the rest of the family can enjoy something normal to us.

    Yesterday we decided to try delivery. They have been advertising it quite a lot on partnered delivery apps and we received a coupon for free delivery.

    We specifically checked the box that said "cancel order if out of stock" for her meat alternative sandwich. We also added in the special instructions that she had a meat allergy so we'd need them to use clean utensils and gloves just to be safe. They never have a problem with it when we go in.

    Long story short, the delivery partner from the app arrived and we ate our food. Our daughter took a couple bites and started to go into anaphylactic shock.

    Admittedly, we did not check her food because we trusted that the delivery service would be as good as the in-store service.

    We called the app's customer service and the restaurant. The app just gave us a refund on the item and apologized that we received meat instead of the alternative. They did not care that it caused our daughter to be in the hospital.

    The restaurant said that they were sorry that happened but they can't do anything about it since they "told the delivery driver they were out of the beef substitute". Like I said we specifically said cancel the order if they were out of stock.

    What can we do about this? Neither the delivery app nor the restaurant wants to take responsibility.

    submitted by /u/foodsubstitute1234
    [link] [comments]

    Incompetent Dentist Destroyed My Teeth

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:30 AM PST

    First, a mea culpa: I never should've trusted a new dentist with this much work based on Yelp ratings. But the office staff seemed super friendly and the dentist herself appeared to be competent on my first visit.

    But she said I had about 10 cavities. Everything looked legit so we decided to do one side of the mouth per visit. We started with the left - 5 cavities. While I was knocked out on anesthesia she said she found a 6th, so I agreed to filling that one as well.

    Once I could feel my face the next day my heart sank. She had destroyed all of my top and bottom molars. She had ground down every single one and turned them into sharp edged bowls, with jagged sides like shark teeth. On top of that, she'd spackled the filling in so sloppily that they splattered the sides of some of the teeth. And somehow she'd done damage to one of my canines such that it hurts to chew on that side, when that tooth wasn't even supposed to be touched.

    As a coup de grace, she completely dismissed my TMJ disorder as imagination. I've since dislocated my jaw twice while chewing.

    Where the hell do I start?? This whole experience makes me sick to my stomach. I can't stop obsessing over it. I can barely floss because my teeth are so sharp. And I can't stop feeling them every minute of every day. I've also had to switch to soft foods because of the pain.

    I haven't talked to their office since then other than to cancel the remaining visit. I don't know where to begin - talk to them (what could they possible say or do?), visit a different dentist, go straight to a lawyer?

    submitted by /u/ap0110
    [link] [comments]

    My election vote was turned in, and it wasn't me.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 05:27 PM PST

    Update: I contacted my local Voter Registration Status, and unfortunately there is nothing they can do. If it was through mail, I could have had it intercepted as mail fraud, but if it was turned in at a local center, then there's nothing that can be done. I'm a little angry and frustrated, but what can I do. Thank you to everyone that gave advice and support. This thread can be closed now.

    Hi, I'm just asking what I can do, if there's a way to cancel my vote, because someone else (family member) intercepted my ballot, filled it out, forged my signature, and turned it in this morning (March 3rd).

    I confronted this person, and they denied it even though I found the envelope opened with all the contents except for the ballot.

    She admitted to it later on, and got angry at me for even mentioning it. She is a huge Trump supporter, and was always irritated that I'm a Democrat, and that I even had the audacity to register.

    I've tried to google help, but I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

    Can anyone here please help me? I'm 100% serious.

    submitted by /u/Kael-009
    [link] [comments]

    [FL/NY]Locked out of hotel building due to wrong door code, hotel refuses to issue a refund

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 04:54 AM PST

    TLDR- hotel provided incorrect door code, there was no overnight staff and emergency number was non responsive until the following morning. They've acknowledged the events but refuse a refund.

    So I was on vacation this past weekend in florida, me and my friend checked into a hotel dropped off our belongings and left for the night. The door wasn't locked during the day.

    When we got back the door code that was provided at check in was incorrect. We tried calling the front desk (which was pointless because they are not staffed overnight). We then tried calling and texting the emergency number to no avail.

    We got separated looking to charge our phones and my friend literally had to sleep on the sidewalk in front of the hotel until someone arrived at 7 am. I was lucky enough to find a place elsewhere for a "reasonable" $190.

    The emergency number reached me at 8 am with a different code than the one that was provided and "wished me well" on my travels when I informed them that I had to make another reservation. I contacted the booking service, which was able to confirm all of the events with the hotel. However the hotel "was not able to issue a refund under these circumstances."

    Ideally I'd like to contest the charges with my bank, but I'm still out almost $200 for the emergency hotel purchase, not to mention the embarrassment my friend went through.

    What, if any, is my recourse for this situation? All communication is documented.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bagforthebadger
    [link] [comments]

    My stolen motorbike was recovered by police and they won’t return it??

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:05 PM PST

    My motorbike was stolen December 2019 and insurance was not paid out on it. I have all original Paperwork, keys, insurance rego etc and police reports.

    It was found by police in March when an individual tried to register the bike and it was flagged as stolen and police took it.

    Police are now telling me despite me being the owner of the property on all paperwork. This third party has purchased it off Facebook marketplace with no paperwork and knock off keys. They are telling me that since there is a dispute of ownership it must go to court as the other party believes they own it as they paid for it. This will take a minimum of 3 months before I even get a court date.

    Surely this can be a case of give me back my property it's legally mine? as the other party is unlucky but has no right to it?

    Australia, Victoria

    submitted by /u/pleasereturnmythings
    [link] [comments]

    (Virginia) blackmailed by affair partners wife after exposing the affair

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 05:08 PM PST

    I'm married, and my affair partner was married. I told his wife about our affair, and everyone found out which I'm dealing with with my own relationship. However, my affair partner and I work together at the same company. His wife works for a company that is our client.

    She texted me that I need to resign from my job effective immediately or she "will share the info that will get me fired". And I don't know what she's referring to. I also think she's threatening me because she doesn't want her husband to lose his job, she just wants me out of his hair.

    I haven't talked to him or responded to any of her messages. Does this fall under blackmail, and do I need to get a lawyer?

    Edit: based on all your responses, officers came to my house and I told them what the text said but they said it was not "an actual threat" and that I need to communicate with HR about it. Do I have any other options?

    submitted by /u/rawflsaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Boss fired me for becoming eligible for health insurance

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:46 PM PST

    A little background, 5 months ago I was hired at a company in NYS with a provision in our union contract that we become eligible for health benefits after 90 days of employment. Also in the contract is a provision that before our 90 days of employment we are probationary employees and can be terminated for any reason.

    80 days into my employment I was injured off the job and the Orthopedist took me out of work for 8-12 weeks and recommended that I receive corrective surgery within the next two weeks to fully restore function to my damaged joint. A couple of days after I notified my supervisor of my absence and sent them the forms from the doctor, my supervisor called me to "see how I was doing." I mentioned that I needed corrective surgery, and he asked if I needed the application for health insurance. I told him I did and he replied that "It wouldn't be fair for us to help pay for your health insurance if you're not working while receiving benefits, so we're letting you go. But you're a great employee and as soon as you're healed just reapply and we'll rehire you immediately."

    While I understand that the contract considers me a "probationary employee" until 90 days, and they terminated me on day 87, given that I had no disciplinary record and was terminated only after they discovered that I would be making a health insurance claim, is this still considered a legal termination? Would it be worth consulting an attorney as I now have a permanent diminished function in a limb that would not exist had they not barred my access to health insurance?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Barry-umm
    [link] [comments]

    Dealership sent car to auction without consent

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:11 AM PST

    TLDR;So it's been days 11 days and Im still without a vehicle!!

    Back story. I was buying a used car but the deal fell thru. I used my old car as a partial down payment along with cash. The dealership gave me the cash back but they sent my old car to the auction in another state before the deal was even finalized and now I'm without a car at all because the deal fell thru on the car i was going to purchase and the dealership took that car back. What do I do? The dealership is in Memphis Tn. They sent my car to Atlanta Ga. I signed the contract on the 14th of Feb they took possession back of the car I was purchasing on Feb 26th (10 day rule) since it had to be towed back to the dealership because it locked me out at Wal-Mart, Its now March 3rd..I went to the dealership on the 25th to retrieve my personal belongings out of the vehicle i was purchasing and asked for my car and they couldn't find the keys and they said it was gone. It was determined after a few minutes later that it had been sent to Atlanta Ga. So they sent my car to another state without even finalizing the deal of the purchase of the car and took back the car I was trying to purchase which left me without a vehicle and are being very rude to me now about when my car will be back so I will have a way to go! BTW..thus is a VERY large dealership!! Not a small mom and pop place.

    submitted by /u/angelakbyrd
    [link] [comments]

    Is a restaurant allowed to take back tips from an employee after a customer come's in the next day asking for the tip back?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:37 PM PST

    The manager at my work asked my girlfriend earlier today to pay the restaurant back $13 because a customer came in asking for it back after they paid and signed the receipt the previous day. I think gratuity was added to the bill and they tipped on top, but my girlfriend made clear to everyone gratuity was added and the customer who came in said he heard her, but wanted it back.

    The fact it was only $13 isn't the problem, my question is if the establishment is allowed to make her pay that tip money back in this situation? Is it illegal or just a dick move?

    If you know of a better subreddit than this, do let me know! This happened in Arizona.

    submitted by /u/OutaSight83
    [link] [comments]

    (CT) Dog attacks me upon entering house, bites me 4 times, 1 bite is now infected.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:06 PM PST

    29 year old male, if it makes a difference. I was with two female friends on Friday night, walking into their friend's house and I'm the last to enter the door. Immediately, a (large) dog begins barking/growling at me and out of nowhere, another (medium-sized) dog jumps on me and bites my hand. My friends panicked and their friend (the dog's owner) rushed into the room as I proceeded to pull my hand away - then the dog bites me three more times in the leg. The owner (also female) seemed unsure of how to handle the situation, and was slow to react. She scolded the dog, apologized and said "he's only done this a couple times, I don't get it" meanwhile I look at the damage and see that my jeans didn't even rip, so I tell her that I should be okay. I have a high tolerance for pain and have never been bitten by an animal before, so I kind of brushed it off immediately thinking that my skin was not broken and it wouldn't be too big of an issue. I get home later that night and realize the three bites on my leg did indeed break the skin, one of them being quite deep. The next morning I see a doctor who gives me a tetanus shot and appropriate antibiotics - fast forward three days and the deep wound is now infected. I'm missing a business trip because of it, and am in a decent amount of pain, and have to go on heavy duty antibiotics. I update my friends on my condition and they offer little advice/help. I haven't reached out to the dog owner, frankly her blasé attitude towards the incident leads me to believe I won't make any progress going directly to her. I've spent a few hundred on medical bills, and am missing a 4 day work trip as a result of this. Looking to be compensated, how do I go about this?

    submitted by /u/robby2161
    [link] [comments]

    (WI) Please help, our town clerk sucks

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:20 AM PST

    I live in and work part time for a tiny township. Our town clerk has no idea what they are doing, but no one else wants the job and its an elected position.

    Among various other concerns that have arisen around them, the main problem comes from screwing up paychecks. In the past they have; ignored/lost then found the W4s filled out by some employees, thus not having any medicare of SS withheld. Entered in hours worked on one pay period wrong, then deducted or added them to the next pay period, with out explaining it to employees. Sent out paychecks early, with what they assumed the hours would be, then fixing it by adjusting the next pay periods hour(again, not notifying the employees). When filling out paperwork they have swapped the number for rate of pay with hours worked, and then again adjusted it the next period to make up for it. I could go on about other stuff they are sketchy about, but this I will stick to what has effected me personally. I don't really work enough for this job for it to make a big difference personally.

    At this point I make sure to check paystubs to make sure they match my time sheet. Lately when they are screwed up, they dont send out the paystubs at all, which also a big clue to look out for something. It has been over 3 months since i recieved a paycheck that matched my timesheet. For a month since i had a raise, i had no idea how much per hour i should be getting.

    Is there anything i can do, anything i can explain to them to help them get it right, or at least fix it right if there is a screw up? Its a small town so i dont want my name attached to formal complaints.

    submitted by /u/joemullermd
    [link] [comments]

    Gas station by my house added a third card reader, checking account drained two days after using it.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:12 PM PST

    -Georgia

    The sketchy gas station(Citgo) by my house has always had two card readers which is normal but they just added a third one, it's an old Verifone. When I was in there last week the manager told me to use it so I did. Two days later someone started using my card info at a gas station(Valero) a couple towns over. It's fishy because the transactions at the Valero were $99.81 $99.80 $99.90 $99.87 $75.00 $75.00. I went to the Valero after I filed disreputes to see if they would maybe help me identify the person for a police report. There was only one guy working(the owner) and he didn't want to show me shit and got mad when I mentioned police report. So I'm starting to wonder if he's the guy using my card and maybe he got the card info from the Citgo manager. I'm almost 100 percent sure it was that card reader at the Citgo that got me because they also charged me $20 after midnight(they close at 11) on a day I didn't even go there in the middle of the Valero transactions. I want to file a police report because I'm worried I won't get that money back, from what I was reading it's hard to win disputes if they're using your pin because it's hard to prove it wasn't you making the transactions. Any advice would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/brushee25
    [link] [comments]

    Illinois, special needs kid and neighbor noise complaints. Condo HOA billing $50

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 02:13 PM PST

    Hi,

    A friend has a kiddo (8) that lives with his mom in a condo. Her son is severely autistic and receives in home therapy 6 days a week and he will scream or stomp the floors.

    She is asking for legal advice on how to manage the neighbors complaints and the HOA billing $50 per complaint now.

    She has had the therapists who provide 3 hours of in home therapy a day to discuss the plan with the neighbors.

    The issue is he is autistic and can be loud.

    Neighbors hate her & her son, complain constantly to HOA about the noise (he sleeps from 8:30-6:00am) so the complaints have to be before 8:30pm or afternoon 6:00am most of the time.

    They are at a loss here for what to do. Any laws or rules that she could review?

    submitted by /u/boonepii
    [link] [comments]

    A person opened up their driverside car door onto me as I was riding my bike.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 03:23 PM PST

    Additional context. The car was parked in the bike lane. It was one of those huge residential bike lanes where it can fit both a parked car and still have enough room for a cyclist.

    I was passing up the parked car when the door opened. I tried to swerve out of the way but my pedal clipped the car door and I feel face first.

    I was rushed to the ER for concussion and stitches.

    What are my rights?

    Edit: I live in CA

    submitted by /u/chromatofficial
    [link] [comments]

    HOA failed to fix garage door for three months and my possessions were stolen

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I live in a condo building with an HOA and a below-ground garage. Part of our HOA fees go to a 24/7 security staff and of course, general maintenance.

    In November of last year, the garage door that protects access to my garage broke and was stuck open. Since then, the staff has done nothing to get it fixed, despite there being plenty of money in the HOA budget to do so and the obvious security risk it poses, particularly given our location downtown.

    Yesterday, another resident was the victim of an attempted robbery at knifepoint in the garage, and my $1,300 scooter was stolen. My girlfriend is very shaken up and afraid to come home from work due to the robbery, and I'm in a real pickle because we only have one car, and that scooter was how I got to work, etc.

    I believe the lack of action and negligence by the HOA and building staff to fix the issue in a timely manner led to this. In particular, they're suddenly getting it fixed this Friday, so clearly, there was no reason it couldn't have been done sooner aside from laziness.

    What's the best way to recoup the cost of my scooter from the HOA so I can buy a new one?

    I'm located in Ohio.

    submitted by /u/cookestudios
    [link] [comments]

    Dog shelter lied or their vet dosen't know anything about animals (OK)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:36 PM PST

    Based in Oklahoma. My husband and I adopted a pit mix momma on the 23rd of February. She had given birth 2 months prior. Her last pup was getting adopted as we were filling out her paperwork.

    We were told she is approximately 1 year 2 months old. With how young she is this would obviously be her first litter. She got spayed on the 17th of February. We were also told she has a respiratory infection but she was over it now. She was also underweight and you could see her ribs.

    My husband took her to our vet for her recheck on her spay on the 27th of February. Our vet said she was actually around 3 years old and has had multiple litters. We were told her "old owners gave her up because she got pregnant." We found out she has a tumor in one of her breast. We've also noticed that she's bleeding quite frequently from her vagina and that definitely shouldn't be happening after 2 months after birth. Our vet says she has internal bleeding.

    They completely didn't disclose any of this. They also should've known these problems because tumors don't grow that fast. I have no idea if I can even do anything about this? I don't want to get rid of her because I love her, but I don't want this to happen to someone else.

    submitted by /u/lunna_lupus
    [link] [comments]

    Awful neighbors commit code violations left and right and now they've put a porta potty in the cul-de-sac. Any way to get the city to actually do something about them?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 05:02 PM PST

    So basically I live on a little street at the end of the cul-de-sac within the limits of a small city. We have these neighbors that were obviously going to be a problem since we moved in several years ago. From what I know about them, they are several generations living in one 800 sq ft house. They have a trailer in their yard (illegal here) and frequently have additional people occupying that space. Sometimes the city will come by and tell them people can't live in the trailer, but there's always someone else within a few months.

    At the worst, I counted nearly 15 people living in the house/trailer, right now I believe it's closer to 10, including a 5 year old whose mom is pregnant with another kid. In addition, they have 8-10 dogs, but I've never gotten an exact count. They don't have a driveway of any kind, so they park all 5, sometimes 6 of their vehicles in the cul-de-sac, making it very hard to turn around and so no one else can ever use the extra space for guests or whatever. To make it even more annoying, they swear they own those "parking spots", though I've looked at the city map and it's public street. Sometimes they park in such a way that they block my other neighbor's driveway completely, and he calls the city to complain frequently. Each time the city comes out and draws some lines, but they always go back to parking however.

    No one in the house holds any jobs, and from what I've seen of the inside it should probably be condemned. They frequently lose power and water service, and I know they have major plumbing issues, which they've never fixed. I've chatted with some of the younger generation a few times and they openly admitted they have only one bathroom and frequently piss outside or in buckets.

    So in spite of all these things, I've never personally reported them, because I'm not one to do that sort of thing usually. However, this morning I came out to an outhouse sitting in the cul-de-sac just outside their fence. My guess is their plumbing isn't working again, but shit, this one really crosses the line for me. I love my house and the area overall isn't bad, but these people are making me embarrassed to even live here.

    My question is, who should I contact to actually see some results? Even if the city does come out and gives them a slap on the wrist, what's to stop them from just saying "Fuck You" and keep doing what they want like always? Any advice would be helpful. Btw, this is in Washington State, Pierce County if that helps.

    submitted by /u/dacoobobswife2
    [link] [comments]

    US Citizen—Received a fine unfairly on the Metro in Paris

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 03:38 PM PST

    Just got a 35,00 EUR fine on the metro for having an "invalid ticket," even though I had a valid ticket (plus a book of unused tickets, because I haven't been using metro much). He proceeded to insult my French (I'm multilingual—French is new to me... and the 5th language I'm learning), saying "I'm sorry you don't speak French, speak to me when you do..." and then had the nerve to tell me to just pay the fine and "it's passed my bedtime" and "it doesn't matter if your ticket is okay, you have on LV and can afford it."

    This has absolutely nothing to do with the money... I'm just extremely offended and upset, and feel that I've been out through undue pain when I took all steps needed to take the metro prior to boarding. I don't know that I've ever felt this embarrassed. What can I do?

    Edit: Bot tells me the body must say that I'm in Paris, France.

    submitted by /u/CunilDingus
    [link] [comments]

    doctor didn't report my sexual assault as a minor

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Some background

    When I was a minor I was hospitalized for depression. While in the hospital I disclosed a sexual assault to the psychiatrist. I told him who did it, how often etc. In my state there are mandatory reporting laws and the doctor should have had things investigated. Nothing was ever reported to dcf for investigation. He actually never touched upon that subject again. I have all the old hospital records. When I left the hospital and went to another one my discharge summary which should have detailed that disclosure didn't mention anything about my assault so I could be treated for it. Keep in mind my discharge summary contained all types of details about any major family changes, med changes, breakthroughs in therapy etc and it should have been included. They updated a diagnosis for PTSD and that's all. No one at the other hospital I went to after knew about my assault and I was given incorrect medication which made me sick for a good year after as my mood swings were attributed to bipolar disorder (I am not bipolar and have been evaluated for it as an adult, I have ptsd) and not trauma or side effects from the meds that were making me very sick. At the time he was prescibing medication that I was noted on intake to have a bad reaction to on top of the lack of reporting my sexual assault. I was physically sick almost the entire time I was under his care from medication and there are hundreds of pages of notes detailing my own and my family's complaints and concerns at the time that seemed to be ignored. He just upped medication dosages and added more stuff even when it made me sicker physically and mentally. Also in his notes a month later it says he told my family about the assault but they were all clueless. I was going home on weekends at risk of being assaulted by the same person again and no one had any idea.

    As an adult my rapist started stalking me again and I had to go to the police to do finally report my assault to try to get things to stop. They asked for any records of disclosure which is why I got my old hospital records.

    I tried going to the medical board in my state but this happened but I am past the point of being able to report it to them to have them do things because it's been too long even though I was a minor and I have medical and police records to back up what happened to me.

    Is there any way to take legal action against this doctor? The hospital I was at was shut down due to unsafe conditions for patients but the doctor is still practicing at another clinic now. It makes me rly sick thinking he might still be hurting people. He already has one complaint against him filed a few years ago and I have spoken with people who have worked with him directly after getting in contact with a some peeps looking for info and apparently they weren't suprised by how I was treated which is concerning.

    I have ptsd from my stay at the hospital because it was so traumatic and because the staff was so abusive. I was lucky enough to get into a good hospital that helped take me off all the meds he prescibed that were making me sick but the hospital he worked in has been investigated numerous times and was shut down because it was in such a chaotic unsafe state. I lost a couple years of my life due to this doctors negligence and his negligence effected me years later. If I had just been able to report my rapist he likely could have seen jail time and never would have stalked me again. I'm just wondering if there are any legal steps I can take to prevent the doctor from hurting other people (as he broke the law by not reporting my disclosure at all never mind within the required timeframe) or even possibly seeking damages for all the trouble his negligence caused that still effects me to this day. I appreciate any help! Thank you

    I'm in the usa.

    submitted by /u/sunflowermornings22
    [link] [comments]

    Getting money back from a pilot instructor/school.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:16 PM PST

    Last year My girlfriend took some training to get her private pilots licence and spent about $10,000. The school set her up with an instructor they employ and after a while it seemed he wasn't really doing his job all that well.

    She decided to switch schools as a result and it taking some ground school lessons. Apparently her previous instructor broke numerous laws and guidelines in training (as she is now discovering through her new school and proper teachings). She also had a sit down with an instructor evaluator, and she confirmed that her instructors behaviour was completely out of line.

    Is there any way to recoup any of these costs? She paid $140/hour to be instructed by a guy that put her life in incredible amounts of danger every single time they went flying, or she went solo flying.

    We live in Manitoba Canada

    submitted by /u/i_make_drugs
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord told us rent is going up $200/mo. We have less than 30 days before the lease is signed. Can we not sign it?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:22 AM PST

    This is in Virginia.

    We've lived here for five years, me and four other guys sharing the place. The rent wasn't raised for the first three years, and the landlords raised it $200 last year citing that as a justification. The lease is due to be signed at the end of the month and today they let us know that they're increasing the rent another $200/mo.

    The lease said any negotiations on renewing/extending the lease would take place 60 days before the term ended. No one said anything on either side (as usual) so we expected we'd have the same lease. I think we thought silence on their end meant there'd be no significant changes to the lease, and I think they took our silence as meaning we'd be ok with the same increase.

    submitted by /u/peto2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment