• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 24, 2019

    Legal Advice - Doctor called my mother with test results after I explicitly told them I am no longer associated with her number.

    Legal Advice - Doctor called my mother with test results after I explicitly told them I am no longer associated with her number.


    Doctor called my mother with test results after I explicitly told them I am no longer associated with her number.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:41 AM PST

    This takes place in Pennsylvania.

    I went to the doctor for a suspected blood clot. I arrived at the family doctor, they had some of my contact information wrong. So we rehashed addresses and phone numbers. When we got to phone numbers, the woman working the desk read mine aloud. I said, "yep, that's mine." She proceeds to say, "and -insert my mom's #-?"

    I explicitly state that I am no longer associated with that phone number. I ask the receptionist to remove it. She nods. Cool, we are out of the woods.

    I get sent for imaging at a specialized facility. Get my ultrasound, no blood clot. Cool, we are out of the woods.

    I get stuck in traffic for about an hour and a half driving home. I got several phone calls I couldn't pick up because I refuse to use my phone while driving. I get home, see a missed call from my family doctor and call them back. "Hey, it's a negative for a blood clot." I already knew that but thank you, have a good day.

    I get inside and I was tagged in a Facebook post by my mother. I see she has also taken to messaging me on facebook. "Hey, the doctor's office said your mailbox was full~ you are negative for DVT 😊"

    They notified my mother after I explicitly told them that her number was not to be a part of my contact information.

    What are my options here? This is not the first time something like this has happened. I had a doctor at the same facility go into the waiting room and relay everything I begged her to keep secret to my mother, in ear shot of literally every unoccupied person in the facility at that point in time about 6 years ago when I was 16.

    There has to be some kind of recourse for this. This is terrible practice.

    submitted by /u/terrribleterry
    [link] [comments]

    My therapist kissed me and I don't know what to do.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 12:58 PM PST

    My therapist who I saw for my third session kissed me during a hand holding exercise. I think the exercise was meant to build trust. They asked what I needed next to continue the exercise and I asked for a hug because that is what I needed at the time. We hugged for like 10 seconds before they moaned in my ear and then i started to pull back when they grabbed my head and kissed me on the lips. I immediately walked backwards and told them that it was not okay. They tried to justify the action by saying it was to build further trust and even reframed the event saying it was just a peck on the cheek! I was shocked and terrified and ended the session as soon as I could. The irony is I went to them this session because I was feeling alone during the holidays. Now I feel more alone than ever. I have supports but I feel angry and depressed. I don't want this to happen to another one of their clients. The therapist is an older PhD therapist who told me they were gay at our first session since I shared that I am bisexual. We are both males. I finally thought I found someone to trust and build a therapeutic relationship with and now it is all ruined. Is there anything I can do to make sure this doesnt happen to anyone else they see? Thank you for reading this and letting me vent. Btw this happened last night. I live in Georgia in the United States.

    Edit: I just wanted to thank everyone for commenting and reading through my post about this event. It is still so fresh, but I feel like I have more power in this situation and am thankful for the support. Thank you for any further advice and comments.

    submitted by /u/needinghelp1111
    [link] [comments]

    Turned down unidentified school resource officer, received a ticket, can I contest this?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:06 PM PST

    I'm sorry, this is a really strange situation for me, I'd love some advice on where to go from here

    On friday I was picking up my daughter at school, we live on a military base in Colorado. The school has a small roundabout in the front for afterschool activity buses and special circumstance pickups, my daughter has cerebral palsy so I pick her up and drop her off here every day, which has been okayed by the school since it's a way shorter walk than the regular designated pick up spot and she has so many appointments that we're coming and going multiple times most days.

    After I parked in visitor parking to wait for her a man dressed all in black (polo and slacks) came up to my car door and stood almost touching the window, staring in at me smiling, I turned my body away from the window to try to signal that I didnt want to engage and called my daughters phone to see where she was. The man kept staring at me so I locked the doors, he tapped on the glass and said "I just want to talk". I was starting to get nervous so I said through the glass "Please go away, you're creeping me out!"

    He immediately looked offended, walked behind my car and blocked me in, I texted my husband to ask him to please come, then started to call the school to ask for help when the parking lot monitor came up to talk to him. I see her everyday so I hung up & hopped out of the car and told her this guy was making me nervous, he yelled at me that units were on the way and that I was violating federal installation procedures. I asked the parking monitor what was happening and she said he was the school resource officer and to just go get my daughter.

    I went inside and helped my daughter out to the car, the whole time I walked out he was glaring at me. I said "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were an officer, what's happening?" He said I had failed to identify myself on a military installation, was belligerent, and would not be allowed to leave until more units arrived. He made me wait outside of the car and when I asked if I could go to my daughter who was scared and crying in the car he said no I needed to remain in sight. It wasnt super cold that day but still I was in leggings and a tank top and its winter in CO, we waited around 10 minutes.

    I asked him to please call the principal or a school authority out to witness since he was scaring me being so visibly angry. He refused at first but after the 4(!) military police officers he called came he did contact the school. The officers talked to him and he told them I refused to tell him my name and had expired paperwork. An MP came and asked why my registration was expired. I said "no, it's not" and after he gave me the okay to go in my car I showed him my current registration and IDs, he said "oh, officer XYZ must be confused" I told him he'd never asked for my info and that there must have been a mix up since I didn't know he was an officer. He asked if he'd told me he was an officer and when I said no he rolled his eyes.

    The principal came out and asked what was going on, then told the officers that I'm allowed to use the roundabout since I have a special needs student. The officers said that they could only go by what the schools officer reported and that he'd reported I was going the wrong way down a one way (there is only 1 access point for cars).

    The school resource officer was standing maybe 10 feet away during the whole exchange just staring at me until my husband showed up, then he moved across the roundabout but continued glaring at me.

    The MPs ticketed me per his request but told me"we don't see you being belligerent, you've been helpful to us the whole time but we can only go off what he says".

    The ticket says it is for "drove wrong way on one way roadway" and carries a $100 fine. There's only 1 way in and out for personal vehicles and theres no posted 1 way sign.

    Before they left the main officer gave me a card and said if I were going to want to file a complaint I should contact these numbers. The principal apologized and said that he'd never seen the SRO acting this way and when we come back from break he would have a special sticker made to identify that I'm allowed to pick up and drop off my disabled student there.

    I called the complaint/compliment line from the card after I got home and of course no answer, voicemailbox was full then disconnected. The sergeants number on the card just rang with no answer. I googled the main line and was transferred to him and when I told him how weird the whole thing was he just kind of laughed at me and said he'd talk to him later.

    It's a little thing but it shook me up, I'm nervous about possibly having to see him for the rest of the school year, I'm wondering if it's okay to contest the ticket and what I would say.

    submitted by /u/awash907
    [link] [comments]

    Carbon Monoxide keeps being detected in my apartment in non-deadly levels, but high enough to set off my alarms. I want to get out of here but my contract doesn't say anything about such a situation. Is there any hope of getting out of the contract? I love in AZ.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:17 AM PST

    The CO levels are reading between 30 and 50ppm, if that matters. I live** in AZ.

    submitted by /u/CarbonMonoxide_TA
    [link] [comments]

    Daughter was driving and got in a single vehicle car accident. She slipped on wet road and hit a light pole on the passenger side of the vehicle. Airbag deployed on the passenger side but not her side. She hit her head and is currently in a coma in ICU. Had her airbags deploy she would have been ok

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 07:27 PM PST

    My 19yr old was driving my 2016 BMW 428i with her friend in passenger seat and my 15yr old daughter in the back seat behind the passenger. It was raining and she slipped off the road and hit a light pole sideways on the passenger side. Passenger airbag deployed and kept both her friend and my 15 yr old daughter from serious injury. My daughter who was driving was not so lucky. None of the sensors on the front of the vehicle or on driver side touched anything. The vehicle is totaled because of the severe damage on passenger side. Shouldn't the driver side airbag have deployed as well? There is no recall on the car. She was back in town for Christmas and we have been in ICU since Sunday 14th. I believe if her airbags had deployed, she would not be in this situation. We can't wait for her to regain consciousness and start her recovery. Is there any manufacturer liability? We live in Tennessee. Thanks for any advice you can give.

    submitted by /u/Ursomebunnyspecial
    [link] [comments]

    Our house has been around longer than the HOA. Do we still pay?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 11:06 AM PST

    State: Maine

    Our family built a lake house in 1950. We were the first house built on the road. As years go by more and more houses get built. Our family and our two neighbors families are the only original owners from before their was a Road Association.

    The road association was started in 2002. My unemployed grandmother is currently the owner of said property and she gets by on welfare checks. She only lives in the house during the summer months and does not benefit from the money being put towards plowing the road and winter maintenance. If that helps anything.

    The president of the association ended up sending her a letter about a year ago saying they would be putting a lean on said house if we continued to not pay.

    I am not a legally inclined person so I have no knowledge of what things mean or what to do. The dues are around $500 yearly. I was reading in other states that because we owed it before the association we are not required to pay however they've been sending some frightening letters to my grandma about taking legal action against her.

    What are we able to do?

    submitted by /u/HeyThere103
    [link] [comments]

    [CO] Got in accident 11/23, tow company employee stole my car

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 09:01 PM PST

    I got into an accident almost a month ago. My car had some pretty serious front end damage, and as the air bag was deployed I was not able to legally drive it home. I have full collision coverage with Esurance and they handled getting it to the tow yard and, I assumed, eventually to a repair shop. A week goes by, no update. I email and call, no info. At the second week I receive a call from the tow yard stating they dont know where my car is. I call my rep and he does not return my phone calls. Third week goes by. More unanswered emails and calls. Today marked the fourth week and I called in complaining, stating that nobody is returning my phone calls or emails and nobody knows where my car is and I'm about to hire an attorney because this is negligence and I'm missing work. They apologize and say they PROMISE they'll call me back.

    Well, this evening I received an email (the FIRST one from my rep in three weeks) with a private investigators report attached. Apparently an employee at the tow company stole 50k from their safe and drove away with it in my car. Hes likely in Cuba now. This was WEEKS ago and its the first I've heard of it. The tow company says they filed a police report but the place is generally a train wreck of a business and nobody really speaks English.

    .....wtf? What do I do now? I just bought the car, used, with a warranty from a local dealer ... well above market value. It's a 2012 Jeep Patriot with ~90k miles. I paid 13k with a nice warranty included and I'm still financing it. A lot. Like over 400 a month a lot. How do I resolve this without losing my shirt? Who do I sue? I am so lost ... I cant believe this happened and of course they let me know on Christmas Eve. I am going to take a breath over the holidays but ANY help or advice is appreciated for when I prepare for war on Thursday.

    Oh, also, I had thousands of dollars of my personal belongings in the car including military property. My kevlar, helmet, etc. This is going to be such a headache.

    Please advise!

    submitted by /u/purplenurplepatrol
    [link] [comments]

    Roommate drained my bank account. Happy holidays to me.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    I was previously in a lease with a friend of mine, Dick (not his real name but it's a great pseudonym at the moment.) I moved out in December of 2018. I was formally signed off the lease. The lease ended July 2019.

    I have an emergency savings account that I dont use and stupidly never checked. Apparently Dick managed to get access to this bank account number and for the last eight or so months has been using the account to pay for rent and tuition through direct transfers. He has completely drained this account and has caused it to overdraft thus my alert to the account being hacked.

    I contacted the bank on friday, and they were able to get back the last few months of transactions, but they couldn't get me anything past 90 days including the tuition. I have spoken with the police and have been told I will be receiving a "fraud manager" sometime after the holiday. The apartment complex is aware of the issue but unfortunately it's not really their fault so I dont think they can do much about it.

    I'm not exactly sure what to do now and what I should expect to happen next. Should I also contact the school? Will I likely have to go to small claims court? Does this constitute identity theft? I'm just a little lost so any guidance is appreciated. Thanks! And Merry Christmas.

    Location: Tennessee

    submitted by /u/thicklepits
    [link] [comments]

    Roommate started a fire in her room & now a debt collector is trying to collect money from EVERYONE who was under the lease on behalf of the insurance company.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Hi guys! I am located in Richmond, VA and I am seeking legal advice.

    Earlier this year I lived in a townhouse with two other girls. One of my roommates had accidentally caught her room on fire via a lit candle while she was out. Fast forward to now- my roommate and I who did NOT cause the fire (we are no longer in contact with the roommate who caused the fire) have been receiving letters from a debt collector trying to collect money from us on behalf of our landlord company's insurance company.

    I had called the debt collector to try and let them know that it was the fault of the roommate who had started the fire and not all three of us, but they are saying that since we were all under the same lease, we are ALL going to be held responsible for it.

    We did not have renter's insurance at the time and we are all now moved out of the house since around August. We have evidence ranging from text messages from her in our roommate group chat admitting to the fault of the fire as well as photos/videos of her room the day after the fire had happened.

    Do my roommate (who also did not cause the fire) and I have any legal obligations to settle this debt because we were all under the lease or is the insurance company just trying to scare us?

    submitted by /u/elyzha123
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything I can do to protect my child's hair from his father's family?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 09:04 AM PST

    For context the father and I were never married. On paper we have 60/40 physical custody and 50/50 legal. Father lives with his mother and siblings. I live with my spouse.

    My son had long hair as a toddler. His father and his family didn't like it so they buzzed it off behind my back. I was devastated that I missed out on his first major hair cut but my son was too little to care so I let it go. However, this has been a repeated theme for my ex and his family.

    My son is now 7 and adamant on growing out his hair so he can donate it to charity. His father continues to chop it off, sending my son home in tears with a botched hair cut. My son has begged me not to go back to grandma's (where his dad lives) but I'm afraid of violating the court order.

    I've tried talking to my son's dad and explaining why he wants to grow out his hair, but his dad says he doesn't think his son looks good with long hair. My spouse and I are struggling financially as we are young and on our own so constantly paying to fix these botched cuts has been a huge burden on us all.

    I know the situation sounds silly and that it's just hair, but I'm afraid of the message his dad's actions are sending my kid and more so how it's effecting their relationship. I don't want my kid to hate his dad but I can't stand to see him come home in tears anymore and his dad won't budge.

    What can I do?

    submitted by /u/breakfastatlucifers
    [link] [comments]

    I got a letter in the mail saying my mother owes the IRS over 6k. She died in 2017.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 11:54 AM PST

    Throwaway because my friends follow my main and I don't want to talk to them about this. I am in California.

    I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying my mother had never turned in her 2013 tax return, and that she owed the IRS 6k. I looked on her Turbo Tax account (as I had access to everything), and I now have a copy of her 2013 tax return.

    I'm unsure what to do at this point besides mailing them the copy of her tax return. She died in 2017 from cancer, she didn't have a house (we were renting a room), the car was in my name, and there was no will. Everything fell to me as firstborn and next of kin and I just tried to close as many accounts as I could.

    Am I going to be on the hook for this debt? What's going to happen if I send them a copy of her taxes? Can anyone help me with this?

    submitted by /u/IRSlettergirl
    [link] [comments]

    My grandmother had her gun removed from her home by my father because she has dementia and has threatened to kill people. She wants to charge my father with theft. He is her power of attorney.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 03:32 AM PST

    My grandmother (F96) has threatened numerous times to kill anyone who enters her home to either remove her to a nursing home or to harm her. Not scare, or shoot, but kill. She suffers from dementia and scored a 1 out of 5 on a cognitive test given by her physician. She no longer has a drivers license. Her caregiver refused to come work with her after the third time of my grandmother showing her the gun. My father (M75) is her eldest child and power of attorney. My grandfather passed eight years ago. He gave her the gun, telling her that when he was gone, she would have the gun to protect herself and she has taken that seriously. However, my dad and his two sisters (the three children of my grandmother) all agree that she isn't capable of handling a gun and may kill someone if she is confused about who is in her home. She often can't remember my name or my cousins, who are her grandchildren.

    My brother took the gun from her home and gave it to my dad, who has taken full responsibility to my grandmother for its removal. She has threatened numerous times to call the police and have him arrested for theft. This weekend we celebrated Christmas with my family and she hit my dad several times and told him she needed the gun. Honestly it breaks my heart knowing that my grandpa gave her the gun for her own protection but I agree that it is a risk for her to have it.

    My dad has power of attorney and the police have said that is a good thing but he is still worried that he could go to jail for theft. He has been open and honest with the police in her city. Is he at risk?

    ETA: we live in Idaho.

    submitted by /u/shutch74
    [link] [comments]

    My (31M) roommate (25M) uses my bathroom for number 2s, and my bed for sex when I'm not around thinking it's funny

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:31 PM PST

    This takes place in Texas

    REPOSTED FROM: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/ef80d8/my_31m_roommate_25m_uses_my_bathroom_for_number/

    Long story short is I met this roommate via Craigslist. I have a two bedroom apartment, each room with a private bathroom (I live close to a college campus in the USA) that I rented the second room out to him. He's started sneaking into my room when I'm at class, taking a dump, not flushing, and then when I get home he's usually struggling to hold in his laughter, sometimes mentions "Hey, don't you have to pee yet?" which queues me to know what he did. This has been happening at least once a week for a month. He claims to always use my bathroom for his "number 2's" and he brags about it when I bring friends over. He's absolutely immature.

    Things get a little more complicated now. He texted me the other day (I'm with my family for the holidays) "Be sure to wash your sheets when you get back ;) me and Mark just had the night of our lives in your bed since you're not using it!" (he is homosexual) and sent me a picture of my ruffled sheets (which I make my bed every day and wash my sheets once a week). He's on the lease so I can't kick him out. I've told him over and over again I don't like this. It's immature. He also does other miscellaneous things like comes into my room when I'm gaming and starts talking to me to distract me, then disconnects the ethernet from the wall and runs away giggling.

    Other things include hiding all of my clothes under his bed, sprinkling something called "liquid ass" all over my room (a liquid that smells like ass), pouring out a bottle of greygoose and filling it with water.. the list goes on.

    How do I handle this? My property manager has given me nil on how to deal with it.

    EDIT: Door lock is not possible in this scenario. I would have to replace the whole door.

    TLDR: My roommate is immature as hell and I don't know how to deal with it.

    submitted by /u/mankey3032
    [link] [comments]

    Mom scammed for 150k and I don't know what to do. Please help! URGENT!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 09:28 PM PST

    Hello to anyone who is reading this. So yesterday my mom confessed to me that she invested 150k in some offshore business related to stocks and other financial instruments. I am not very knowledgeable about investing in stocks and I have no idea how any of this works at all. My mom is in her 50s and neither does she have any clue what she is saying and all she is telling me is what this "person" told her about her investments and speaking to her it is clear that she has no clue what she is investing in and everything just sounds so shady.

    Basically, she heard from a friend of a friend who said that investing 20k would make her a lot of money. My mom agreed to do it and she believed that she would profit. Keep in mind I have no idea what she has done until yesterday and by yesterday she told me she has already wired 150k to someone and I am losing my mind over how she would do such a thing without even consulting me or even asking herself what she is doing. I immediately felt she is the victim of a scam and when I hear what she is telling me it looks more and more like a scam!

    So, the story goes like this she was referred by someone to participate in this "money investment" thing and the initial investment amount wanted was 20k, later someone contacted her and told her she needed to wire more money to pay off taxes for her profits? She then wired more money and since then she has wired a total of $150k to this so and so person who is apparently located in Hong Kong. This is really fucking me over! She really wired 150k to a person and has absolute 0 documentation or knowledge of what she is doing.

    The biggest catch to all of this is that the person in Hong Kong disappeared and there has been no word of this person for about a month now. I don't know what to do at this moment and I am shocked! My mom is still having hope and believes that all of this is legitimate. It is also important to note that she isn't the only one invested in this. According to my mom her other 2-3 friends are also in this with her and they also invested similar amounts. However, I am not so sure how much they invested or if they invested at all.

    I don't know my mom's friend at all, but I would say they are rather new friends and I'm starting to think, and everything just doesn't seem to add up at all. My mom's friends are rather new, and they seem to go on vacations together.

    I am having serious suspicion that this can potentially be a scam done by her so-called friends to scam her out of 150k and while simultaneously saying that they are also investing along with her.

    It has been a month now and the guy has disappeared, and it doesn't seem like any of my mom's friends are worried at all. I would imagine if my mom's friend really did invest wouldn't they be worried by now and have filed reports with the police and FBI?

    All of this is such a mess and I really don't know what went on and what is going on. All I know is my mom wired 150k to someone who claims to be in Hong Kong. My mom also says her friends invested along with her and I don't know if that is true or not.

    At this point I don't know who to trust and I am thinking there is seriously something very wrong about this whole situation and I need legal advice asap!

    I am suspecting the scammer who claims to be located in Hong Kong might have joined forces with my mom's so-called friends to scam her out of 150k. A lot of scams are very elaborate and very clever. I really don't know what went on and all I know is that she 100% got scammed and she is out of $150,000 dollars and losing that much money would make anyone suicidal and sick.

    Please help me out and give me advice on what to do. I really should not be dealing with this situation. I am only 22 years old, fresh out of college and in fact just graduated and came home 2 weeks ago. My father is extremely angry and all of us are just trying to keep it positive, but the reality is this need to be dealt with and we cannot waste any more time.

    submitted by /u/LifechainO
    [link] [comments]

    Texas apartment refusing checks, cash, and money orders

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 09:59 AM PST

    I live in an apartment complex that is now refusing cash, check, and money order for rent. They now want us to use either WIPS (which has a pretty small fee associated with it) or an online rent payment service (which also has a fee associated with it ($30)).

    I frankly don't want to pay anything over my agreed upon rent. I received the notice about a week ago. I didn't agree to this, and I KNOW there's nothing in my lease that I signed saying this.

    Is this legal? This effectively makes my rent $1380, instead of the agreed upon $1350. I've seen other posts saying that it's not but this is payment through a third party company, not the apartment complex's website.

    submitted by /u/harryhermionerw
    [link] [comments]

    Embittered client is threatening and blackmailing!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:48 PM PST

    First off, sorry if I'm doing this wrong. I've never been to this subreddit before, nor did I know it was a thing until my girlfriend suggested I post our situation here. Basically, I'm a dogsitter through the app Rover. It's something I love doing because I get to meet new people in a city I just moved to and to be honest, dogs are just wonderful. Up until today, I'd never had any issues with the clients on this website.

    Approximately two and a half weeks ago, this client (we'll call her Pepega) reached out with a request for us to board her 3 dogs from today up to the first of the new year. I asked the standard questions I ask with every booking, pretty standard stuff like vaccination info, pet demeanor and comfort with other dogs, special needs and requirements for the dogs, potty/crate trained, etc. — stuff that I feel anybody would want to know before welcoming a new dog into their home. So this doesn't get too confusing, we'll say the 3 dogs are C, B, and H. Anyway, during the preliminary inquiries, she expressed that B can take some time to warm up and doesn't always feel like being pleasant. She proposed I meet her at her home for a meet & greet so we could make sure all the dogs got along well, but I told her that wouldn't work because we didn't have the dogs we're currently sitting at that time, so we'd just be introducing C, B, and H to dogs they'd never meet again. I told her we'd instead need to try introducing her dogs to the ones already being boarded when the time of the booking came around. That was all she said on that matter, and since I've boarded plenty of dogs that needed time to warm up to being somewhere new, I accepted the boarding without issue. Fast-forward to today.

    Pepega's husband arrives almost 3 hours later than we agreed in a very apparent rush, looking to just drop the dogs off and go. We insisted (because the girlfriend I mentioned earlier is a sitter too and was a part of the whole exchange) that the dogs meet at the park so we could be certain they'd be comfortable staying with each other for the next week. Begrudgingly, he agreed and we went to the dog park a few hundred feet from our apartment. Immediately, C begins showing aggression towards one of the dogs we were already boarding. Mind you, this dog that C is showing aggression towards hasn't had a single issue with any of the other dogs she sees around the neighborhood or meets at the dog park. We tried to give them tests in different areas and with(out) other dogs being around over the course of 20-30 minutes but they couldn't keep from trying to kill each other. At that point, B and H are being model dogs, loving getting to know us and the other dogs we're boarding, so we made the executive decision to tell Pepega that we'd be able to sit B and H, but we couldn't watch C because it wouldn't be a comfortable environment for any of the dogs or us as owners. She was noticeably upset by this, but agreed and left with C. 10 minutes later, B turns into a nightmare. He's barking and biting at any dogs that go near him, and actually, fully bit us both when we tried to put a leash on him to bring him back to the house (not something she even sort of mentioned during our earlier communications). If you know ANYBODY that's just going to say "sure, I'd love to watch a dog that bites me anytime I get within 6 feet of it", please introduce me to them because it sure as hell isn't going to be me for the thrice discounted rate she haggled to get. So, we reach back out to her and say we just can't make this work, and offer to reach out to her emergency contact (which is in place for immediately necessary pick-ups that occur while the owners are away). Pepega's husband comes back, makes a very snide, passive-aggressive comment, and they leave which is what we thought was going to be the end of things.

    Shortly after, I receive another message from Pepega saying that she demands compensation for their missed flights, rental cars, hotel rooms, stress & anguish we caused their family, lost time, unprofessionalism, false advertisements I made (which anyone can clearly see isn't true upon reading the conversation history between Pepega and I), and all associated court fees. She says I better "work something out" or she's going to take me to small claims court for WAY more than they're asking right now. I reached out to Rover's sitter support team and they did a wonderful job reassuring what I thought anyway — we're in the right and we don't really need to worry about anything because any legal disputes from her can be sent directly to their legal team. They also recommended I explain the situation one last time and cease further communication. I provided a very curt message stating that the stay was canceled, she'd be receiving a full refund and that any further issues should be taken up with Rover support directly, and proceeded to ignore the multiple other legal threats she sent.

    A few hours pass and Pepega sends me another message that says I better respond to her and work out her compensation or else she's going to report me to my apartment complex for the illegal business I'm running which warrants eviction. This woman actually dug through the leasing terms of this complex just to blackmail me into paying her compensation... I went ahead and double-checked my lease and while I wasn't aware of this before, it apparently IS against their TOS to dogsit. When I moved in I explicitly asked if the pet fee was only required for dog ownership and they confirmed that, but mentioned nothing about not being allowed to dogsit. So yeah, that's where I'm at. Honestly, any input whatsoever would be appreciated, because I'm at a complete loss and very concerned that I may become homeless.

    Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

    EDIT: The bot said I need to include my location so it's Austin, TX.

    submitted by /u/GreasyDreamland
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-brother-in-law is falsifying Facebook posts for use in Family court(More in comments)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 12:07 PM PST

    Sister in law (has a 'legal attorney') has divorced and is in ongoing child custody hearings.

    I'll save you the sob story, but she deserves the kids, dad left for 3 months without communication to sleep and house with multiple partners, claiming he felt neglected due to a premature baby caused by an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured.(His reason for divorce)

    His current wife is helping him falsify Facebook posts and messages that would pose her in bad character, claiming my sister in law taunted that she was "taking everything he has and nothing less." Then submitting that fraudulent post to their legal advisor and deactivating the cloned account, claiming my sister in law deactivated a secondary account "used to spy on them".

    I was curious about how a court, if any, would validate that. I only ask this because I feel her legal advisor, appointed by the court/county due to the legal process here, isn't representing her fairly and often has better, seemingly personal contact with the opposing client.

    I know exactly how they could edit a web page to fake this without need of digitally incriminating themselves. But does the court? Do they even care?

    submitted by /u/Celeri
    [link] [comments]

    United States, nationwide company: My company just told us we have to report all conversations, even personal and not work related, with employees of competitors to our anti-trust department, with the threat of punishment including termination for failure to comply.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 01:12 PM PST

    Nationwide company so this rule affects people in every state. They're saying in person conversations, phone calls, text messages, emails, letters, any kind of communication with an employee of a competitor. A specific example given was "if our sales rep meets a sales rep from Company B at a baseball game and does not discuss work related material, the conversation must still be reported."

    Many of us have friends and relatives that work for competitor companies and are very concerned by this demand from our "leaders". I personally have friends that work for our largest competitors both nationally and locally...our kids play together, we go to church together, we have lunch together when we're working in the same area. One sent me a text message full of dicks (joke)...which is not relevant to work nor would it be appropriate to share with people at work. We discuss very personal medical issues.

    Not only are our personal conversations inappropriate to share in a work environment, it seems like there would be some legal ramifications to trying to punish an employee for not divulging personal, non-work-related conversations. And I guess that's why I'm posting here...that requirement seems unreasonable and the threat seems to be a sketchy scare tactic.

    Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I know laws may vary from state to state and the people close to me that this affects are all in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, the Carolinas, Florida, and Ohio.

    Flairing as business law but not 100% that's the most appropriate flair

    submitted by /u/shoemonkeyz
    [link] [comments]

    Help for a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 10:09 AM PST

    In the past in public schools my brother has been subject to serious harassment from staff and students alike for being a type 1 diabetic. This has taken place in California/US.

    In one instance, he had his CGM (glucose meter on smartphone) taken away for using it to check his blood sugar in class, followed then by having the same substitute teacher take away his manual one-touch monitor (the kind you have to prick your finger with to draw blood to test with) and had to go the whole day without knowing his sugars, and upon arriving home had to be hospitalized as his glucose levels were too high for the meter at our house to even read. It was 818 upon admittance to the hospital

    In a second occasion, my brother had dangerously low blood sugar and was attempting to eat glucose tablets to fix it, only to have some scum bag students steal them away from him, causing him to be forced to attempt to use a glucagon emergency injection kit. However the same kids then stole that and proceeded to play "keep away" all while school staff were in the vicinity, entirely ignoring his pleas for help, yelling that he was nearly going to pass out and could die if not allowed to take his medicine. No help was provided, and my brother went into a diabetic seizure and was hospitalized for nearly a week.

    What are our legal options here? Especially in the second case, an event that has transpired more than once with the same low life "students", although this was the first time he went low enough to actually go into a hypoglycemic seizure, the boys knew exactly what they were doing and how serious it was.

    Upon the ambulance arriving, his blood sugar has dropped to FOURTEEN mg/dl (14!!). He was so unbelievably close to DEATH! I feel as though these "children" (seniors who are legal adults now at 18) should be charged with ATTEMPTED MURDER. These little shitheads literally were trying to KILL HIM. Am I off base here? Both the school and the students here are extremely toxic, with the school not even remotely trying to feign any semblance of responsibility or decency in multiple situations in which my brother could have DIED.

    People need to be help accountable for this. I'm sure to some calling for charges of attempted murder might seem "outlandish", but how is this any different than stealing the oxygen tank from someone who is ENTIRELY dependent on portable oxygen to breathe any different? These kids are old enough to understand they could have killed him, and yet responded with such gross callousness and indifference. Literal future serial killer is the impression you get upon seeing these "people"

    Please help, I'm just barely an adult myself and our parents have passed away and I have no idea what to do!

    submitted by /u/Mike_Oxbigh
    [link] [comments]

    Getting porn taken down

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:34 PM PST

    California

    When a friend of mine was 18 she tried to kill herself and was put in a mental hospital after she got out she was on 3 different medications. At this point she filmed two porn videos which multiple people posted her real name on. Now she is older and when you google her real name the videos come up.

    Is there any way we can get google to not have the videos come up? Is there a case against the porn company given the state of her mental health at the time? She no longer lives in the state that the porn company is based in if that matters.

    She has also been the target of a lot of harassment online from men in the Middle East going as far as to send the videos to her family and friends and make accounts impersonating her family.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Helo123445
    [link] [comments]

    Georgia - 16-6-22.1 statute, does this check out?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 05:36 PM PST

    Ok so, my mother started dating this man (total loser) a few months ago. Dude makes minimum wage, has no license and my mom drives him from where he lives with his mother, to her house an hour away, multiple times a week. Myself and my siblings have all thought this dude was bad news just because he seemed like a deadbeat who was looking for a sugar mama (he is 28, my mother is 62).

    Fast forward to today, I had a weird feeling and checked his name in the sex offender registry. Sure enough, there he was: SEXUAL BATTERY AGAINST CHILD UNDER 16 GA Statute 16-6-22.1. I was sick, this guy had stayed the night with my mom one time when my daughter slept over at her house.

    Also turns out, my mother already knew about it and didn't tell me. She says I am judging without knowing the whole story. The story he tells her, that she believes, is that he was watching a 12 year old that wouldn't listen so he spanked them (don't know whether male or female), and the family threw the book at him. He was sentenced 6 years.

    This story is total bullshit, right? No one could get 6 years for just spanking a child right? I mean, my child and myself will never be in contact with him again, but I want to know still. I have submitted an email request to peachcourt.com to get court documents, because the case was not found in a web search (I assume because it involved a minor), but I assume I'll be waiting at least a week to hear back because of the holidays.

    submitted by /u/legalOTthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a expensive computer for boyfriend but our relationship is basically over HELP

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:04 PM PST

    So my boyfriend and I have been together for a long time and he loves gaming but could not afford to buy a computer on his own. I offered to buy him one on the condition that he pays me back in full for it and the monitor. I did not buy this as a gift it was more like a loan. Our relationship is not going so hot anymore and emotions are high and arguing is every other day. I am considering leaving the toxic relationship but i know he wont pay me back if i left. Is there anything i can do to make it that if either one of us left he would still have to pay me back in a timely manner? Im really conflicted and dont know what to do. Please help!

    I forgot to add that i am located in Ohio, US.

    submitted by /u/519-100
    [link] [comments]

    My ex wants to take my child up to meet a violent, registered sex offender.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 09:34 AM PST

    West Virginia

    The RSO is in virginia but is visiting my exs mother in WV. We dont have a formal custody order, so can he just take my child? Especially considering who will be there? I agreed orginally, assuming it was just exs mother and stepfather but now ex has told me the RSO will be there and is trying to force me to allow my child near him. I dont want my child around a child rapist even if they are family. Ex keeps saying "its fine." "He was framed." "He woukd never hurt a baby."

    Can ex force me to let my baby go? If he somehow gets the baby, can the police do anything? I will be going after custody after christmas since these are the people he associate's with and seems so willing to put my child in danger.

    Edit: He is registered as violent on the virginia website and i assume not supposed to be around children.

    submitted by /u/NotYourAnything
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment