• Breaking News

    Friday, December 4, 2020

    Legal Advice - [Update]: I finally became a guardian to my adult cousin!

    Legal Advice - [Update]: I finally became a guardian to my adult cousin!


    [Update]: I finally became a guardian to my adult cousin!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:55 AM PST

    Update to my post about my cousin Jimmy. First of all, warm thanks to all the people who checked on us. I'm here to share good news.

    I finally got guardianship of my cousin after a hearing with a judge. It was a tedious process with lots of paperwork but it worked in the end. I hired a lawyer who was very helpful.

    Jimmy and I received visits from social services and doctors to evaluate him. Jimmy was not really happy with this as talking to people he doesn't know gives him anxiety, but he did his best. He was formally evaluated for his disability, which had not been done since he was a kid. The social workers determined, as I had, that he couldn't stay in his home, but they agreed that he was safe with me. I was afraid they would remove him but they were really helpful and agreed that the best place for him is with me. He will also be receiving services from the state which will be a good thing, especially for his access to health care.

    We finished renovating a room with a bathroom and a little kitchen for him in my house, this way he lives with me but he has privacy when he wants to be alone. He worked hard with me on this project and we're both quite happy with the result. He seems to have accepted that he couldn't spend his nights at his house anymore. We built a chicken coop and brought his chickens to my property (it was quite the fun transporting 11 chickens in a pick-up truck). He has also started to do some gardening and he helps me around the house. The house I'm renovating was in a very poor state so there's no shortage of work to be done. Jimmy keeps himself busy and he gets to exercise as much as he needs so he's feeling well. I still drive him to his house regularly so he can fish in the creek and hike on the paths he knows. We're exploring the nature near my home so he can find new places to hike.

    On a side note we finally found Jimmy's birth certificate, with great difficulty because he was registered under his mother's maiden name and with a different first name. From what I heard from the few people who knew his parents when they were young, they didn't trust the government and came to live on an isolated farm to not be bothered by anyone. It looks like they tried to "hide" their son's birth by registering him under another name. It might have looked like a good idea at the time, but it certainly didn't help us.

    Anyway I'm quite pleased with the way the situation turned out, Jimmy now has a safe place to stay and someone to take care of him and he looks happy with his new life.

    submitted by /u/JimmysCousin
    [link] [comments]

    [Maryland]Attacked by neighbor’s dog during work furlough, and could not return to the job when called because of it. I was terminated 8 months shy of my 30 year mark, and lost what would have been my full pension.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:40 AM PST

    The attack left me needing surgeries to repair my torn ear, nose and mouth, as well as an ACL tear and a severed tendon in my calf.

    Days after having surgery on my calf, I was called back to work unexpectedly soon, and I couldn't return. My employer was understanding of the situation, but after a few weeks, they terminated me and hired someone else. As the title states-I was 8 months shy of the 30 year mark, and I planned to retire at that point with my full pension.

    FMLA was used, but I had used most of it earlier this year when my husband had a stroke. I had nowhere near enough time left for my own recovery.

    I am already planning to sue the dog owners for my injuries, but I would like to know if my loss of the full pension is something that I can recover in court. I am in the process of choosing a lawyer, but haven't picked one yet. I am incredibly stressed over this new development and was hoping for some immediate insight.

    submitted by /u/thundies
    [link] [comments]

    I found a GPS tracker on my car that is almost definitely the PI hired by my sister's husband after she left him.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:00 PM PST

    It was the big kind on a magnet stuck to the back of my undercarriage that I accidentally knocked off on a curb at work.

    I'm in Massachusetts. He lives in Canada but has hired a local PI to find her. He's announced himself to us, called my workplace, sent pictures, etc. so I'm nearly positive the tracker is from him. My sister doesn't live with me or use this vehicle.

    Is that legal? What should I do with the device? Is it safe to keep? How do I preserve it so it can be used in court?

    Thanks. This is my first reddit post so let me know if you need different information.

    submitted by /u/otherlaine
    [link] [comments]

    URGENT: Attorney Needing Advice on a Custody Battle with an International Flight Risk (Time Pertinent Due to Monday Flight Risk)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:54 PM PST

    I am an attorney in San Diego. I just got a new client. Her ex-husband has 1.5 year old son, and she has found that he is fleeing the country to Turkey on Monday/Tuesday. I am unsure of the time of flight, but know that Father will be in Istanbul on Wednesday 5 PM, Istanbul time. The earliest we can get in for an Ex Parte, is Tuesday afternoon which will be too late.

    Concerns - My understanding is that once a child gets to Turkey, Mother will not have any rights. There is no Hague convention, and Turkey will not respect Mother's plea for custody/visitation. In addition, I feel Turkey is extremely dangerous for Americans, especially for a 1.5 year old child.

    For this matter, California has proper jurisdiction. I plan on going Ex Parte, asking for immediate return of child and passport but cannot get in until Tuesday. I fear this will be too late. I have considered filing a TRO (though no abuse has occurred) on Monday morning to try to get more immediate assistance from the court.

    As a note, Father is in Oklahoma with child. It is believed he is either flying out of Oklahoma or Dallas.

    I have contacted local police, child abduction units, and TSA/airport police, but they have all indicated that this cannot 100% ensure they don't board that flight.

    To provide some more information, Father got an Airbnb in Turkey for one month. But what stands out is that Father is not Turkish. Concerns are Father will try to flea to another country with the child.

    I want to know if there is another viable strategy that can be implemented in such a short time. Thank you for any and all help.

    submitted by /u/ArmUnlucky6419
    [link] [comments]

    Parents are trying to make me the owner of a new house, but I think they're just using me.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:07 PM PST

    For reference, I just turned 21 yesterday, no credit (to my knowledge), and definitely not enough money to afford a house. I'm in NY.

    Today my parents told me they're trying to make me the owner of a house that they made an offer on. I think their offer was accepted. My parents said they need my ID and passport, as well as my signature for some forms. I also need to add my name to their bank account? I'm not sure what that really means. My parents were super vague.

    I asked them why they needed me if I don't even have credit. They said a credit wasn't necessary to own a house, which sounds like bs. I don't see why they can't have the house under their own name?

    I just need someone to explain what they're trying to do. My parents are well-known for being shady, so them making the house my bday present or something is very unlikely.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/shi_ne
    [link] [comments]

    Car was stolen, and reported found by someone other than my family

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:55 PM PST

    WA state

    11/27: I woke up to see that my car had been stolen from my house. Called the police, reported it stolen. Gave them permission to search and I was told I would be notified by the police if the car was found in a legal parking spot or notified by the towing company if it had been impounded.

    11/29: Car was found in a parking lot and reported that it was no longer stolen. It was not searched and was then impounded. Neither me (the person who reported it stolen) or my dad (the registered owner) were notified of any of this.

    12/4: My dad got a bill in the mail from a towing company where my car had been impounded. It had clearly not been searched because there were hard drugs in the car when we went to pick it up. When my dad called the police to report that we had found it he was notified that it was no longer reported as stolen. The police officer said to my dad that things had been handled improperly.

    What I'm most confused about is how the car was reported found by someone other than me or my dad. I have no idea what to do about next steps such as being reimbursed by the insurance company for the impound fees. Is there any legal action I can take for how improperly this was handled? Thank you in advance.

    TL;DR car was stolen and impounded, reported no longer stolen by an unknown person, and no one in my family was notified

    submitted by /u/probablystoned6969
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord wants to evict us within 14 days without any wrongdoing, so their friend can move in.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Under new COVID guidelines in NSW, Australia we are entitled to 90 days notice to vacate a property. We received our official 90 days notice on the 23rd of November, which gives us until the 21st of Feb to find a new property and move out.

    The issue is, the landlord mistakenly thought once the 6 month lease ended that we would be gone. They then failed to communicate their intent to the agent to have us vacate the property. As such the agent never passed on that intent to us. They have now fired the real estate agent and are managing the property themselves as of today. They came by this morning to give us a letter requesting we vacate within 14 days (19DEC)

    We have never missed rent, we have never damaged the property or had any complaints. We know it is unlawful for them to attempt to evict us, and it is obvious that they do not know what they're doing.

    Any and all advice welcome.

    submitted by /u/expedite-please
    [link] [comments]

    [UPDATE] Can I report a business for being a scam? If so, how?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:36 PM PST

    Hello everyone! I just wanted to put in this update, for those who are curious. I have to apologize. I know the original post had hardly any information. I did that on purpose because I was worried it may affect the dispute, but now that it's finished I can put in more information. I also want to apologize because this is going to be a long post.

    First off, I won the dispute! I really was not expecting that And I will explain why a bit further down.

    In August, I saw a pop up for a supplement that I could sample for $5. I was really curious about this supplement so I decided to try it. When I got the receipt emailed to me, I noticed that there was no information on the company. No email, no company name, no address, no phone number. I started to feel nervous upon seeing that. Later I had a couple of questions but I had no way of getting that information. I started to look for information. I spent days looking through Google and every social media I could think of. I even tried to find a picture of the bottle. No luck anywhere.

    Finally, I decided to try the email address that sent the receipt. I didn't think of it earlier because I thought it was an autosend. I thought it was one of those bots that automatically send receipts or other notifications, so I wasn't expecting any response. I thought I was right when I didn't get a response the next day. But three days after I sent it, I got a response.

    I wanted to confirm that this was a one time purchase. It turns out that no, it was not. It was a subscription and I had 15 days from the day of purchase to cancel it or else I would be obligated to pay $90 a month. But it didn't tell me how much time I had left to cancel. I asked her how long I had until the 15 days were up and I asked for the number. I suspected that they would not answer in time and sure enough, I didn't get an answer for a couple of days.

    While I was waiting for an answer, the supplement came in. It was by luck I noticed some tiny writing hiding in the corner of the label. It was so tiny I had to take a picture of it and enlarge it. I saw a company name and phone number. I had nothing to lose so I called. It turns out it was the number I needed, and yes I called the day after the 15 days had lapsed and as far as they were concerned, I now owe them $90.

    I explained that I couldn't find the information and all they would say was that the information is on the website. I asked what the website was, and they would not tell me. They just kept saying it over and over again to look at the website. And another point they would repeat over and over, "It's your responsibility to know that information."

    Fine. I agree. It is my responsibility to know what I agreed to, but I contend that it is THEIR responsibility to make sure I have access to that information when requested. I hung up and called my credit card company and put in the dispute and the merchant now has 90 days to respond. Sadly, if I had seen the Terms and Agreement, I wouldn't have made the dispute.

    About 90 days later I was told that the merchant did respond and the dispute was ruled in their favor. I looked at what the merchant submitted. They submitted a copy of the Terms and Conditions, as well as a print out of the pop-up screen. But the pop-up screen they submitted was not the same as what product they sent me.

    I talked to the dispute center of the bank, and they told me I have the opportunity to respond. They also told me that the credit card company has a low burden of proof for the merchant. They only require that the merchant prove they have Terms and Conditions, which is what the merchant did. They suggested that I submit a statement, but to put in as much information as I could. I ended up submiting a 10-page report on what happened, what I did, and why. I even put in a crap ton of screenshots to show them what I found.

    I realized during the weekend that I hadn't heard anything, so I called the dispute center again to get an update. Turns out the merchant never responded so the credit card company and the bank ruled in my favor! I also found out that the credit card company looked for the website and found what I found. Apparently they couldn't get any website information from the merchant either, so they decided that the website did not exist.

    So now the merchant is on record with both the bank and the credit company. I'm happy about that, but I want to do more. I really don't want anyone else to have to go through this. I don't want these guys scamming other people. I was thinking about reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, but I was told they can't really do anything. I may do it anyway, but I still want to know. Is there anything else I can do? Is there anywhere I can reach out to?

    Thank you again for the people who responded to my first post and I hope everyone is well. Please stay safe and have a great day!

    submitted by /u/ladyarcana55
    [link] [comments]

    my parents are sending me to boys town and i dont want to to go

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:16 PM PST

    my parents are sending me to boys town and i dont want to to go. I'm 14 and I have autism and sometimes say things that are rude and I'm unaware of it. My parent's have signed a form to send me to boys town Is there a way I can say no I don't want to? I like it here and I get VERY stressed with change And my phone is the only thing keeping me from sucidal thoughts ( I know don't say it) And I'm afraid they will take that away as well. Any help will be appreciated I live in nebraska

    submitted by /u/crim_wold
    [link] [comments]

    I got injured at work and was denied worker's compensation and now they written a disciplinary action on my record for a year.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 04:54 PM PST

    I work at my current for a long time now. I work on the register as a cashier. On the first week of November, I got injured for lifting a 10kg snow salt for a customer who was cashing out because they didn't provide any hand scanner. I report the incident and my supervisor handled the report. They gave a form 7 if ever I go to the doctor. They put me on modified for a week but my injury got worse. So I went to the doctor for a checkup.

    I applied for a worker's compensation and they denied my application because they said that it was my fault so therefor I can't apply for it. They just put me on modified. I don't know what I signed but I think its just for modified duties. I will ask them a copy if ever. By the way, I asked HR about this but HR keeps sending me to my supervisors. They keep handling my case.

    I told my doctor about what happened and she got pissed and told me to apply to wsib so I can make a claim for my therapy and medicine. I ask WSIB if I have a claim on file incase my work submitted any but they didn't. They didn't tell me I need to make form 6 either. So I applied and gave work a copy of form 6. I gave it to HR but once again she passed me to my supervisors. Now they were telling me that they never said I could not applied for worker's compensation. They grilled me more information on what I reported.

    I thought it was done. I submitted an FAF for additional extension of my modified duties because my injury is still not completely healed. Today they called me in the office and gave me a disciplinary action. They put it on my file for 1 year. Claiming that I practice unsafe working condition. They told me to keep quiet about it and never tell anyone about my disciplinary action. I keep asking them if it will affect my future job application and they said no.

    My question is, is this right? I felt bullied by supervisors and my HR is useless coz she keeps sending me to them. Did they violate any labor law? What rights do I have in this case and what can I do to erase that record on my file? Please help I am really stressed out. I lost a potential job because of this injury and I just want to get support from it but my work doing this. Im on Ontario by the way.

    submitted by /u/jochi0302
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] A neighbor of mine is harassing me and talking to management made it worse

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:57 PM PST

    So the acoustics in the building are pretty terrible and the walls are thin. Most people in the building either have a white noise machine, earplugs, etc because you can hear every step. I have made sure that I am quiet by what the lease designates, but this person gets pissed off when I watch TV to the point where they'll sit by the wall we share and complain about me. I stay up late for school and work, so quietly walking to bed at 1am wakes her up and she'll turn on all the faucets, stomp around, scream "we can hear everything" and then turn up her TV for a hour.

    Basically, I've been documenting their behavior and I contacted management that I would want to end my lease or switch units and no reply. Then the next day I hear her shouting about me again saying how it's my fault she's not allowed to be on the phone anymore and hangs outside the building while glaring at me on my way to work. She has a history of peaking in my apartment prior to the lockdown. A few days ago she started to shout through the walls when I had the TV on at 7pm.

    I get the lockdown is getting people in a mood, but I honestly can't live with headphones all the time because I want to avoid being screamed at through the walls. What are my options if management won't let me leave my lease or switch units?

    submitted by /u/flarption
    [link] [comments]

    Wrongful termination over colleagues' drug use.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 09:39 PM PST

    I worked at a medical facility caring for elderly people. I was in charge of meal preparation and was certified to drug test employees. I physically witnessed employees partaking in drug use around and inside the facility. I reported it to my supervisor as I was trained to do, but instead I was reprimanded for sexual harassment. I have NOT sexually harassed any employees. I feel as though I was ganged up upon for reporting the drug usage. Although my employment is at will in the state of Illinois, this was illegal activity and I was wrongfully terminated in my opinion. This has put financial hardship on me and my family. I do not have the financial funds to hire a lawyer at the moment, but who can I contact or what can I do to remedy the situation? I do not wish to work at this facility anymore, but I feel like I am entitled to severance pay because of illegal activities being covered up.

    submitted by /u/randohealthname
    [link] [comments]

    I got in a car wreck with personal injury attorney.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:34 PM PST

    MT, I t-boned another driver. They ran a red light making a left in front of me. I have not obtained the crash report yet but the responding Highway Patrol Officer said there were no witnesses and that he could make no determination of who was at fault.

    The other driver happens to be a personal injury attorney. My insurance company informed me that he had not made a claim on his insurance but that he had filed a lawsuit against me for his injuries (possible concussion). I did not sustain any injuries.

    I do not believe myself to be at fault. My insurance will hire an attorney to defend me. I am covered for up to $1 million in damages.

    My questions are: What can I expect to happen? How can I be best prepared to deal with it? Why would this guy file a law suit if he knows he has no case? Will I need to appear in court? Should I hire an attorney for myself?

    Thanks in advance, this is stressful and I'm clueless about this kind of thing.

    submitted by /u/tossit246
    [link] [comments]

    (CA) My neighbors dog keeps pooping in front of my patio/window (apartments) & never picks up after it.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:45 PM PST

    So today I watched this guys kid bring the dog out & let it poop in front of my patio/window and go back inside without cleaning up after it. I went out picked it up and placed it in the walk way to his front door. He called the cops on me. Should I be concerned? Landlord is afraid to tell this guy anything. I also was subpoena in a CPS case against him a while back. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/glitter_gaytan88
    [link] [comments]

    [TX] URGENT! Sued for car accident, deadline to answer is Monday, our insurance co is dragging its feet, help!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:54 PM PST

    My wife was at fault in a car accident last year that resulted in a personal injury claim. We have PIP insurance of $100k on our policy. Our insurance was unable to settle with the other party and my wife is being sued. We sent scans of the papers to our insurance immediately (THREE WEEKS AGO) and they have been slow as shit to do anything about it. They didn't even assign a lawyer until a few days ago after we called and pretty much BEGGED them to do something already.

    Monday at 10am is the deadline to file an "answer" with the court (I believe this is the correct term) and the lawyer assigned to the case hasn't communicated with us AT ALL. Looking at the case information online, it does not appear that the answer has been filed yet. The insurance agent on the case told my wife that "for some reason" it's okay if a lawyer files it a few days past the deadline, but it wouldn't be okay for an individual to do so. Is this true? It sounds like BS to me.

    I have been losing sleep, hair, and sanity over this for the past few weeks. We are absolutely terrified that we are 100% screwed due to our insurance company's inaction. The amount the other party is seeking in the lawsuit is astronomical, way beyond our PIP coverage.

    Do I need to find a lawyer willing to take this on over the weekend to ensure that an answer is filed before the deadline? Or do we "just trust the process" like the agent has asked us to do?

    PLEASE help. I'm so scared and angry right now.

    ETA: I forgot to mention, the other driver did not appear to have serious injuries at the time of the accident. Just some bruises, but they did choose to take an ambulance to a hospital.

    submitted by /u/Dull_Masterpiece5258
    [link] [comments]

    A piece of my city’s bridge fell and hit my car

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 01:35 PM PST

    Hello,

    I am located in Marin County, California. I was driving and a piece of bridge, about 3 feet long, fell and was hit by my car. I was driving and couldn't stop in time, so it ended up cracking my front bumper (thankfully nothing else and no injury). My car is also a lease to own, if that matters and I have never had an accident with it. I've made a police report but they were unsuccessful in finding the piece that hit me as it ricocheted off probably into the water once it hit my car. What would be my next steps? Would I report to insurance or would I have to go into a lawsuit against the city? I'm hoping to get this covered, at least. It could have been way worse and there was also an incident this year where a piece of concrete from the same bridge ended up hitting a car too (they ended up finding the piece of concrete though) So, I believe it's also matter of public safety. What would the best way for me to proceed with this? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Russian420
    [link] [comments]

    I was fired from my job at the end of august family says I was wrongfully fired. Been procrastinating on if I should do anything or if I'd have a case to make or if it's even worth it.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:52 PM PST

    Edit- Iowa
    Thanks for taking the time to read/respond. Sorry it's long. I want to apologize before hand for my poor grammar.I really don't know much about legality's and stuff in my state. I worked at this place for over two and a half years It was a fast/casual restaurant. I had received no attitude/behavioral write ups. I did however have attendance write ups. I had trouble getting to work on time or showing up sometimes. While working here I received an injury but unaware if I should have filed a claim form or not. I was not told to file a form. It was my first job so I was still and am still unsure if I can or should do anything. I got along with everyone/ I tried to get along. Never had any outbursts always kept myself under control. Had no guest complaints as far as I was aware. The injury I received I finally had surgery to fix. The only compensation if anything I would be seeking is for them to pay for the surgery. I received a injury while lifting boxes, they kept me working knowing I had the injury. Management knew I had the injury. Those I got along with were great and if I'd asked they'd get supplies that were too much for me to lift without bothering my injury management/supervises included. Now the day where things went wrong, I will also give a small bit of background. The injury was officially diagnosed in February this yearIn mid-August my sister and her family had to move back home due to a certain virus causing them to be laid-off and unable to work. Since being in food service I don't know if I was considered as essential but I was kept on schedule where a lot of other places had closed due to lock down. Back to August my sister's fiance had found a job working very close to the same store I had been working. I would essentially be doing the same work I did at my old job but I'd be getting paid more for it. I had sent in an application and was waiting for the response, this was two - three days before I was fired. I had not informed anyone at my work that I was planning to leave or looking for employment elsewhere I didn't even know if I'd get the job. If I did I'd consider it if not I'd just keep working there. (Sorry bout the build up, I've never posted to reddit before and I'm not quite sure how to format things) The day of the firing. I went in like it was any normal day for me. I said clocked in said hi to the crew I'd come to know the past two years greeted the manager of the day shift. I got to work on time and did my opening work. I had a cleaning job which was something I had to get done before leaving from my shift required me to be on my hands on knees / be bent over for a while. There was a Hot and Cold side, I worked the Hot side exclusively. There were two other crew members working the line and opening with me. We got our first few guests of the day, two regulars who I got along with and they knew me and I knew how they liked their food. Along with some other guests coming in. After checking to see the other people I was working with you all good I checked with them if I was good to go finish my job early they both said they were good. I leave the line to go do my cleaning job. The line when really busy had 4-5 people on it, we were not that busy. There were two other people on line I told one of them to come get me when we start getting busy. We start getting busy I check a few times to see if they needed me on line they said they did not need me so I went back to my job maybe two to three minutes pass and the manager calls from the line "Earth to -my name- get on line." I was bent over and on my hands on knees I was scrubbing something and I was using a chemical cleaner. I get up from the floor and go put the chemical on a cart with the scrubber for me to return back to when I get a chance. I moved lets say 20 feet and I was moving a little slow. Being bent over and on my hands and knees, with the injury I still had it wasn't fixed yet, it made it a little difficult to get up. Manager yells now "Hurry up." right after I had set the chemical and scrubber on the cart it was probably only a minute had past. I yelled back to him, it was noisy because of the overhead vents. "Do you want me to get on line with chemical coated gloves?" I was in the middle of changing my gloves when he told me to hurry up. As was company policy and especially with the new virus guidelines we had to go by. When gloves are removed wash hands before new pair. So I was about to go do that. The manager would usually get on me about being too slow not moving fast enough to what he wanted me to. He was the only one who had the issue with me as I could tell. He says "Put some pepp in your step" I say to myself as I turn back away to go finish the glove process. Quietly to myself. "No wonder I'm quitting." I was having an off day and as well was hurting from the injury and being told to hurry up after I was just on my hands and knees and had been yelled at to hurry up, I was a little annoyed so I said that. I had not decided if I was leaving/quitting yet I had not heard back from new job yet. He yells at me "What did you say?!" Me realizing he probably heard me. Do I lie to his face to probably not get in trouble or tell him exactly what I had said or get in trouble for the lie. I said what I had mumbled to myself not in any harsh or rude tone that I recall, I have issues with confrontation and it causes me anxiety so I had no reason to yell or be rude I just responded to what he had asked me. He said to me a little quietly so maybe the other crew wouldn't hear "Take off your apron and go clock out" I was immediately confused. "I was considering putting in my two week notice on the tenth" The tenth of September was the next weeks schedule and the last posted day that I was assigned to work that day. He yells at me "You no longer work here!" Me being anxious over getting in trouble for a slip up of something I said maybe getting a write off or talked to in the office. No he fired me right there on the spot in view of guests and other crew members. The crew member working the drive through at the time which is probably 20 feet away as I was headed to clock out asked what happened. I was stunned the only thing I could say was "That's fair" I walked away took apron of and went to the lobby. The crew member working the drive through at the time which is probably 20 feet away as I was headed to clock out asked what happened. Everything had happened so fast within the span of 5 minutes I was now unemployed from a place I had worked at for over two years. Honestly I had panic attack I sat there for probably ten minutes waiting for my ride to come pick me up and those two guests I had served when we opened came by as they had finished their food and were leaving asked how I was and were curious why I was out in the lobby. I was still feeling so many emotions all I could say was "I-I just got fired" He didn't come out to talk to me or ask me to come back to the office that whole time I remained. I went home. I've never had any misconduct write ups or issues with my attitude or anything, recently the mid-year performance review on attitude I received a top mark and everything else was good except for attendance being late and sometime missing days. I wrote down the events of what happened and just sort of sat there still in disbelief. Afterwards the day ended I was not contacted at all, and I was now extremely anxious about going back there and scared so I didn't same with me calling them. I received no emails or calls from the store or HR or anything to maybe get my side of what happened. The restaurant has camera I've seen them they cover a lot of area's and he and I were definitely on camera when all this went down. I have still received nothing from them except for a final paycheck and a HR survey email about my time there. Same day I was locked out of the scheduling app that would let me get in contact with any of the other managers. The day before was when I had sent my application into the new place I currently am working. Is there anything at this point I can do to get some kind of compensation for what happened? Could I have done something within the week I was fired? Would it even be worth it to try and get anything? Could I get them to pay for my injury surgery since I received while working and while I was clocked in and working I received the injury? Sorry about it being so long and any grammar mistakes. Thank you for reading/replying.

    submitted by /u/Esclah341
    [link] [comments]

    My upstairs neighbor makes noises that sound like dropping a heavy weight on the ground or like hammering a nail to the floor every night at around midnight lasting for hours. I've already complain several times to the building, but nothing seems to come of it. Is there anything I can do?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:44 PM PST

    Purchased black Friday deals from a website, weeks later I get an email saying a glitch made the discounts deeper than intended and they'd like me to pay the difference.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:45 AM PST

    I assume that the company (not small but not huge) sent these emails en masse to everyone who bought stuff during their black Friday event, but I was wondering what, if any, obligation falls on me. Basically, I ordered the items and have already received them, when this morning I receive an email that reads:

    Hi -----, ORDER PROCESSING ERROR Thank you for your recent purchase with ----- -----! We are reaching out to you today regarding a system error that occurred with our recent black Friday promotion. Upon review of your order, we show that a discount greater than the one being advertised was applied to your order.

    Please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we may take payment for the difference in cost, we would greatly appreciate it.Customer Service can be contacted during our regular business hours which are .....

    So I'm wondering if I'm legally liable to pay whatever difference they had in mind, if they can randomly charge my debit card for more money, or if I should return the items (which are not generally considered 'returnable.') Also, im in Texas and this company is in California.

    submitted by /u/SummaryExecutions
    [link] [comments]

    Can a buyer offer his agent a bonus as incentive to negotiate harder?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:03 PM PST

    Hey guys, my partner and I are currently in the market for an apartment (New York City if it's relevant). There is an apartment that we are very interested in, but my partner doesn't feel that our agent is negotiating very hard with the seller agent. My partner wants to offer our agent a bonus if he can negotiate the price down and we close. I have a very good feeling this goes against some sort of industry regulation, but I can't find a source to show my partner so we can stop this non-sense. I was talking to my friends who are either already homeowners or are also in the market and they have no idea either. One of them proposed the idea of asking on Reddit so here I am!

    Are there any rules or regulations against the buying party offering his or her agent a bonus based on the closing price? Obviously the lower the closing price, the higher the bonus. If it's against the law, specifically how? Is it illegal for the buyer to offer, for the buyer agent to ask, or for the buyer agent to accept?

    submitted by /u/homebuyer2020
    [link] [comments]

    [California] Dog bit house guest 2 months ago. No medical treatment or bills and is now threatening to sue.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 12:55 PM PST

    Happened 2 months ago. Small-medium dog (25pounds). No history of biting.

    I understand the law is against me ,I make no excuses and I take full responsibility. my roommate had invited a guest, they entered the house. my dog ran up, barked and bit her leg. She was wearing long pants. The pants were not torn, fully in tact after the bite. We haven't had a guest in a while since COVID. Usually he's friendly, we suspect this could be it. Again, not excuses but just want to reiterate he has no history of biting which I know is irrelevant in CA.

    At the time she was fine but later that night, she sent a pic of the the bite mark, purple ring , looks like hematoma to me. with a speck of blood in the middle of the ring. She even made a joke with my roommate about the whole situation and didn't seem to be too upset by it.

    My roommate even assured me she was fine as she has a small dog herself that apparently had bitten my roommate several times in the past.

    2 months later, now, my roommate and her are having a fight (non-related to the incident or my dog). and during their (verbal) fight, she threatened to sue him and me over what happened.

    I know that CA has 2 years of statue of limitation for this sort of thing. I do have a renter insurance that covers dog bites (100K limit personal liability, 1k medical expense)

    What can I expect? Can my dog be taken away or euthanized? She never went to a doctor and as far as I know, she had zero medical bills, no lost wages and no scarring.

    I suppose she can file for pain & suffering but how strong of a case could this be with no medical treatments/expenses? Esp after 2 months, what are the worst outcomes could come from this?

    submitted by /u/legalcamerra
    [link] [comments]

    Wife got a multi-year restraining order against me, and I can't see my kids. Can I request mediation for divorce? What's the fastest way to regain visitation with my kids? (Alabama)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 03:19 PM PST

    Throwaway. Wife and I have been common law married for 10 years. We have always lived together with our children and her children from a previous relationship. She lied and got a protection order against me that bars me from contacting her, being at my residence and from seeing my children (zero contact from me or agents acting on behalf) after I hinted at wanting to end things with her. I can't even get my belongings from the house. I have been ordered by that same court to maintain the household bills, even though I can't contact her to get any specific amounts on what to pay. She has access to my checking account and has taken out loans to pay bills rather than just paying directly from the account, so I have to pay extra fees from the loan companies that take money directly from my account. She continually contacts my uncle and cousins to try and relay messages to me about bills, but I can't respond because that will be a violation of the order.

    She is disabled and hasn't worked in over 30 years, before I even knew her. She is able to get free legal aid because of this and I am not. She refuses to file for divorce. I can't maintain two households. If we can't mediate, I'm afraid this will be a long, expensive battle that will only hurt the kids in the end. I miss my kids! I want to get this resolved, but how can I do that if I can't even communicate with her?

    submitted by /u/Christmaswish202020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment