• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 10, 2020

    Legal Advice - (Michigan)how do I give up my disabled 14-year-old to the state and what are the legal ramifications if any And is there anybody out there that would want to adopt a 14-year-old special needs child

    Legal Advice - (Michigan)how do I give up my disabled 14-year-old to the state and what are the legal ramifications if any And is there anybody out there that would want to adopt a 14-year-old special needs child


    (Michigan)how do I give up my disabled 14-year-old to the state and what are the legal ramifications if any And is there anybody out there that would want to adopt a 14-year-old special needs child

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 08:14 PM PST

    My son is severely disabled (Hunter syndrome) He cannot speak but makes noises 24/7 Cannot feed himself anything with utensils only finger foods so I have to feed him when utensils are needed to eat I have to Change him several times a day he has the mind of a 9mo old to 2 year the most that he can do is show you that he is thirsty and hand me a cup or cry when he is hungry but he has no tears he receives a weekly infusion has been for the past 11 years once a week at home He walks but on his tip toes and not for long so a wheelchair is necessary . he will eventually lose the little bit of function that he has within the next few years witch will make him a vegetable and will require much more needs .. I don't believe I will mentally physically financially make it to that point ..I have a 3 more children that are very unhappy because every single day revolves around Al and he doesn't even know who we are and if he did we would never know we cannot go any where fun or exciting because he will not stop crying and making noises unit we leave .. my older children are becoming more depressed and deprived,distant I have a 2 year old as well and am worried that he will just plow right over her and keep walking because he doesn't even know what he is doing he just knows that he is walking but there is no direction for instance I had been laying on the floor he literally step on me as if I was a step and continued on . he already steals the baby's food roughly from her so this worries me even more as he gets bigger . overall he is not a bad boy he is non-violent but he is trapped inside of his body and I don't even think he knows it. all he does is look at the iPad and watch cartoons all day every day 24/7 he will do that for the rest of his life . we on the other hand have no life and are about to be divorced I have tried to place him in a home but the waiting list are extremely long years and years away from now and the help that the state offers is literally nothing a few hours a week for people coming in sitting down and playing on their phones The only reason why Im posting this is because the social worker is the one that mentioned to me that I can give my custody over to the state and that there may be consequences I feel that was her own opinion I am not sure .as each day goes bye I am barely capable of taking care of him I do not sleep or eat anymore and I am severely depressed It's very hard to change a 14-year-old's diaper every single day feed him bathe him every day he is my son and he will never know I'm his father ... I had to quit my job to take care of him so there is very little income My wife is very depressed but she has shifted her focus to the other children

    Another BIG question for me is can me giving him up to the state will that have any affect on my 3 other children please help with any information that you have regarding my situation .. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Quick_Hope_4241
    [link] [comments]

    My dad paid a $5k retainer fee and never ended up being charged. The attorney died before returning it and their partner is refusing to answer my calls. Is my dad able to be refunded?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 02:07 AM PST

    My dad paid an attorney $5k for a charge that never ended up being filed. My dad is out of town a significant amount of time and wasn't able to meet up for the money to be returned -- the attorney later died of a heart attack. A couple months after his death, his partner called and said she saw in his paperwork that there was money to be returned and that she intended to do that. She is now avoiding my dad's calls. Is my dad still entitled to his money being returned? (Minnesota)

    submitted by /u/no_okaymaybe
    [link] [comments]

    [CO] My ex has created a slanderous website to prevent me from getting a job. What are my options here?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 12:06 PM PST

    As my title say, my ex-fiancé created a site called "Donthire(my first and last name) dot com". Despite the fact that I have no "real" proof that he's the one who created it, he's the only one who i know who can code and he's spiteful enough to do it. I also know it's him because about 3 weeks ago (only about a week after we broke up) I got fired from my job after someone called my old work and reported to them about the website.

    The website has a ton of slanderous material on it. It includes my complete criminal record (I have 2 misdemeanors I got as a dumb kid) along with multiple other private things that are completely inappropriate to put on a website. Along with this, the site is now the first thing that comes up when someone googles my name.

    My ex is a immature asshole and it the only person who could have done this. This site has made it impossible for me to do anything right now. Every place I apply too don't respond and one pointed me to the site and said that as long as it's up no one will hire me

    My ex is ghosting me right now and I've told him to take it down multiple times but he still ignores me. What are my options here? I want to send a takedown letter or try to threaten a lawsuit but I have no clue where to start.

    submitted by /u/Far-Pirate-4186
    [link] [comments]

    Unlicensed Veterinarian Operated on my Dog [GA]

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 03:42 PM PST

    So a month ago, I took my dog to a vet she had never seen because she was urinating blood. She has had Lyme Disease before, back in 2018. I explained to the new vet that peeing blood isn't uncommon with the lasting issues she suffers from Lyme. That day, the vet performed a Lyme test, which I knew would be negative, and performed an ultrasound on her stomach while we waited in our car due to COVID. He came out, informed us she had bladder stones, and would need surgery, which we scheduled for a month out. He told us that he would perform a second ultrasound on the morning of her surgery to confirm the presence of stones before operating.

    We dropped her off for surgery yesterday around 9am. At 5:26, the office called me, said she was doing great after surgery and was already up moving. The lady said "We didn't find any bladder stones, but we did empty out her bladder for you!" I heard the actual vet in the background instruct her to tell me part of my dog's bladder wall was abnormally thick, which the lady then told me. I was LIVID that they performed a surgery that seems completely unnecessary and avoidable. As soon as I ended this call, I called my boyfriend, who immediately went up there to ask if they performed an ultrasound first and, if so, why they then operated anyway. He called me about 5 minutes later and said we had to go get our dog immediately. We went after hours yesterday and picked her up, even though she was supposed to spend the night.

    Today, I called the office to hopefully get a copy of all of her vet records so I can show her previous vet everything that happened. The office staff told me the vet had decided I wasn't allowed back on the property. I offered to come with police officers for everyone's safety. They declined. They wanted me to meet one staff member, the only one who will currently speak to me, in a defunct grocery store parking lot. I met her with two police officers. During this phone call, I asked multiple times to make sure I would be getting copies of the ultrasound images from a month ago AND from yesterday morning before surgery. On the phone, she said she just needed to figure out how to print them. In the parking lot in front of the cops, she said the ultrasound machine is "old school" and does not save or print any images generated. I said "So you guys have no record that you actually performed the work you said you would?" She shrugged and said "Guess not." After looking through the 11 pages of documents she gave me, several of them include forms I signed prior to surgery, yet they gave me blank documents.

    After such fishiness, I contacted my state vet licensing board. They have no record of him, or anyone with his last name, being licensed to practice veterinary medicine. My dad called the vet's office to inquire about his license number. He was told the office manager was out of office and that she was the only one with access to his license number, which is supposed to be posted in public view.

    Something's not adding up. When we asked the vet about yesterday's ultrasound, he said, "She had stones, she just passed them within the last month! I saw them last month." I said, "Did you perform an ultrasound this morning before you cut her open?" and the vet silently walked into his building. I'm not sure where to go from here, but I'm pretty positive he's unlicensed AND malpracticed on my pet.

    Edit: I've already filed a formal complaint with the state board. I guess I'm basically wondering if I should pursue civil action? Or how to go about that in general. I HAD to pay the $544 bill to get my dog back, so I put it on a credit card, and I'd like to get out of that if there's any way.

    submitted by /u/lilliep15
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbors block my driveway with burning leaves

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 01:35 PM PST

    The neighbors keep taking leaves off their yard to burn on the road. Today as I was coming home in my vehicle, they had the whole road on fire in a way I could not get to my property. My driveway and property were completely blocked by their fire. I don't remember what I said to them exactly, but I was upset and asked them how is it okay for them to block my home? The man said to me "I don't give a shit if you can get to your driveway" and I'm just really upset and stressed out by the situation. I don't want to deal with these people again but wonder what can I really do? Unfortunately I live on a dirt road that isn't maintained by the county so I'm not sure what the rules are there. Other people use the road as their are about 7 houses, but there's also another way in. I drove around to try that route too, but their fire ONLY blocked me from my home both ways.

    Edit: location Indiana USA

    submitted by /u/zebracannababe
    [link] [comments]

    Am I Liable For Someone Catching the Door Before It Closes?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Hi all,

    This is mostly curiosity, and I'm in Illinois. The other night my boyfriend and I were walking out of our gym. Unbeknownst to us, someone outside caught the door before it closed and entered without swiping a key fob. The owner of the gym sent my boyfriend a warning email to be more careful, which is fair enough. However, the email also claims that we would be liable for anything that might happen as a result of letting someone in without meaning to (I assume meaning damage to the gym) . Is that accurate?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/zap283
    [link] [comments]

    I'm being harassed by the family of the man who shot up my workplace.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 06:17 AM PST

    19 years ago there was a shooting at my workplace. A coworker shot up the shop and killed two people and injured two more, then killed himself. I was hit by three bullets and suffered very serious injuries. The shooting had a devastating impact on my life and that of my coworkers. Now I'm doing better and try to consider the whole event to be part of the past, however since about two months ago there have been posts circulating on local FB pages about the shooting. And some of my family and friends, and family and friends of coworkers that were shot that day have received weird messages through FB from some of the shooter's relatives. I'm not on FB so I received nothing directly. The posts/messages are about the shooter being wrongly accused. It says he was bullied at work and took a gun to protect himself. Other posts downright say we attacked him and he acted in self defense, or even that someone else did the crime and we conspired to have him accused and other nonsense. The truth is he was never bullied or attacked or anything. He didn't get along with the boss but that's it. Now there are posts on (at least) two of his relatives pages about what a great guy he was and so on, and how he was unjustly accused. Some posts seem to acknowledge that he was the shooter but find him excuses, and others pretend he's innocent. Some posts even accuse us of faking our injuries. Some posts could be seen as threatening, things like truth will soon be known and we're going to face consequences and so on. They're rewriting history completely. I think this is the work of a deranged person/deranged people in the shooter's family. There was scarce notice of the shooting in local media when it happened because it was just after 9/11 so obviously there was bigger news at the time. It means that people in town are rather ignorant of the facts. Because of this there are now rumors across town that maybe things are not as clear as they seem and just a few days ago someone asked me about "what happened exactly", which hadn't happened in years. This is very upsetting and traumatizing. I don't understand what they're trying to achieve 19 years later. I hate that the whole story is being brought back from the past and lies are being spread, and my and my co-workers honor is being questioned. Is there any way to make this stop? Could it be considered a case of defamation or slander or anything like that? Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/Wayne_the_snake
    [link] [comments]

    Arrested by accident because hotel gave police the wrong info (Canada, Alberta)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 10:19 AM PST

    (Sorry in advance for the rambling, I suck at telling stories and this shakes me up a lot so its a struggle) (also not sure what flair this would fall under)

    my boyfriend and I were staying in a hotel for a weekend in the mountains, our last night there we were in bed ready to go to sleep.

    We heard a knock on the door and ignored it thinking maybe it was someone knocking on the wrong hotel door. The knocking continued and eventually they said 'Police open up immediately!!!!' We were so confused. I was nude in bed so i grabbed a blanket and answered the door, and sure enough 2 male RCMP officers were standing there.

    They asked us our names 'are you _______ and ________' we said yes why? They said 'OP you are under arrest for assault' and 'OPs boyfriend you are under arrest for mischief , you need to come with us'

    I have never felt the same confusion i did at that moment, we just spent our day in town and at the pool, how could I have assaulted someone? So they tell us to get dressed, as I was naked i asked if I could go to the bathroom to put clothes on as I was uncomfortable with 2 male officers there and our door wide open, they said 'no, we aren't looking'. So I got dressed, they cuffed my boyfriend and one officer took him away, and the other officer took me away.

    We get outside and there's 2 cop cars, my bf was in one and I was put in the other, again told I am under arrest for assault, was read my legal rights and told I can seek legal counsel etc etc.

    So they proceed to tell me that I assaulted a woman at the hotel.....I was like....uh no I haven't even TALKED to another woman. So I asked for the details and they said that a woman knocked on my door and I answered the door and assaulted this woman. (Which I did NOT do, obviously) ..... I'm baffled and tell them no.....please get this woman out here to look at me and tell you guys no it wasn't her, or check the cameras. They told me 'ya well figure it out but we might need to hold you guys in the cells until this is sorted out' ...... uhhhh

    So fast forward awhile and the cops are outside and im locked in the car, and I hear on the radio ' ok, it looks like you can let ________ and _________ go, the assault occurred in another hotel room'

    Okay great, so they get us from the cars and tell us we're ok to go from the police, but THE HOTEL IS KICKING US OUT. We weren't given a reason, we had to go pack our room up as 2 officers watched us the whole time. Very intimidating.

    So we leave the hotel, no reason given...... have nowhere to go, couldn't drive home as we both had a drink with dinner, couldn't sit in my running car or we'd get a DUI, so we went and napped in another hotel rooms staircase as we weren't about to spend 150$ to check into a hotel at 2am and nap for a few hours. (We had to leave at 6am to make it back home for something)

    So now, were trying to contact the hotel as their mess up of providing the wrong hotel room and occupant names ended up with 2 innocent people arrested ..... I would at least like a refund and a sorry of some sort. But they are ignoring us, phone calls, emails, Facebook messages, everything.

    What can we do at this point? I am lost and honestly traumatized at this situation.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Cynthiadawn
    [link] [comments]

    Can I legally stop seeing my dad

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 05:23 PM PST

    I am 15 years old and I live in the state of Texas. My parents divorce was settled 4 years ago and custody is split 50/50. New custody rules are going to be drawn up because my dad is moving 9 hours away. The Pre Trial date is set for December 7th. My parents are not on good terms at all. I recently asked my dad if I can stay at my moms full time because it's getting too hard to balance all the back and forth plus school work (as I've started high school I haven't been leaving school until 6:30 because of extra curriculars) in addition to school I work at a restaurant on weekends. My parents don't get along well so if I leave a textbook or chromebook charger at the wrong house it is very hard to get any school work done (my mom is more understanding but it's still hard to get stuff back) Anyway my dad said yes but has now changed his mind because he and my mom had a fight. Am I legally able to stay at my moms house without his consent?

    submitted by /u/hedgehog102
    [link] [comments]

    Company installed water softener backwards resulting in me and wife drinking resin for two weeks and home pipe damage. Do we have to let the company fix or can we make a claim?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 06:23 PM PST

    Hi,

    We did our best to hire a local plumbing business (Texas) during trying times, but they ultimately installed our water softener backwards. After causing causing water damage in our garage, they came back a second time to flush all of our pipes of resin (that we drank), and while correctly fixing the water softener so it is not backwards, they broke an internal filter so resin is still coming into our system.

    They want to continue duct taping our plumbing together. We have videos, photos of all damage before and after. We obviously want to have them pay for these damages and go with a better company to fix the damages. We have received their COI and they are covered.

    What are our rights here? Do we have to let them fix their mistakes (this would be the third time), or do we have a chance filing a claim? We are in Texas.

    submitted by /u/MastaJiggyWiggy
    [link] [comments]

    Do I legally have to give my landlord notice that I'm moving my house off their land?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 08:30 PM PST

    Our landlord has been telling us that she is going to kick us off her land for the past year. She keeps saying "keep an eye out for the letter".

    She constantly tells us she want's to clear the land so she can sell it eventually with no one on it.

    We have a month to month lease that was set up with the previous landlord that was never updated.

    We found somewhere that would accept our house and well the ball started rolling fast (due to weather being good for now, and that being crucial to moving a manufactured home).

    So we have been getting everything packed and thrown out and well.. we haven't mentioned anything to the landlord... and now I'm starting to worry that if we don't tell them before the move, that they will be able to screw us over somehow..

    So do we legally have to give LL any advanced notice that we are moving our house, that we own, off of her land that we rent? Or can we just let her know we will not be renewing next month's lease once the house is gone?

    Any info would be very helpful! Thank you!

    Edit: we live in Texas.. I always forget to add that!

    submitted by /u/r3dditus3r52
    [link] [comments]

    I purchased 2 residential lots online at auction, now the real estate company is saying they weren't supposed to list one of the lots and is trying to refund me for that listing. Is there any recourse?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 11:04 AM PST

    I'm located in IL, the property is located in TN, and the real estate company is based in DE.

    I purchased two lots at a liquidation auction online and deposited a cashier's check into their business bank account last week. They sent me forms to complete for the deed for one of the lots, but just emailed me today saying that "a mistake was made on their end and they weren't supposed to list the second lot"

    They are saying they need to mail me my refund check as soon as possible for the lot that was mistakenly auctioned.

    I have a feeling that they wanted a better price for the lot and want to re-auction it or sell it to another company/individual.

    I'm sure I could open up a dispute on the auction site as well, they have fees for people that bid and do not send payment, but I'm not sure if they have any repercussions for companies that just refund their listings.

    I would love any suggestions or advice, I would ideally prefer to keep both lots that I paid for and not get refunded for the second lot.

    submitted by /u/llanox
    [link] [comments]

    Husband killed himself, wife left with nothing his kids get everything.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 09:01 AM PST

    My mothers husband was very sick for a couple of years needing help to go to the bathroom, wound care from his feet rotting that he refused to have amputated and my mother (a retired nurse) cared for him full time until he shot himself. His two grown daughters (both nurses) never lifted a finger to help my mother. When he shot himself he was airlifted to the hospital and died a week later. Before he was even gone the family (his daughters and grandson) started taking things from the house. My mom changed the locks and the grandson kicked the door in to the shed and took guns, tools....they took cash ($1000). My mom took the money out of a joint savings account that had about $30,000 in it. Soon after the daughters accused my mother of stealing that account. Now she is having to go through probate court, the vehicle she has was in his name so she is having to sell it, their house will have to be sold. What recourse does she have? Can she press charges for the grandson breaking into the house? This is in Mississippi. Basically his will left everything to his kids. My mom loses everything and she was married to him for almost 20 years.

    submitted by /u/kiffer1974
    [link] [comments]

    I'm literally the world's biggest idiot

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 09:50 PM PST

    I(39) am in Indiana. My dad passed away in 19'. He was a very frugal and paranoid man. He owned his own business for 30 years. He literally lived like he was nearly homeless. He saved over 1/2 his income annually. He liked to say he was a $ hoarder. He told us he was a millionaire. He used safe deposit boxes a lot. He felt if his company were to be sued they didn't know what he had other than bank balances. I had a step-mom, and a biological sister. No will that we were aware of. Law states step-mom gets 50% and we get 25% each. Step-mom was my only mom for 35 years. We were very close. We allowed her be in control of estate. His accounts showed about 240k. They had zero joint bank accounts, my dad didn't trust anyone with his money. 2 safe deposit boxes. Which she said only empty/old paperwork.

    I paid for about 10k in repairs to her home with my inheritance. I believed she did not find my dad's stash. I also had provided her with grocery $ the day he passed, 1k to hold her over, and paid for all the funeral home expenses. She insisted on paying me for all the $ I gave/paid prior to receiving inheritance. (Not the 10k in repairs, that was later)

    Well she passed this year. I took this very hard. I had something made for myself and all my step-siblings. Upon delivering it both step brothers told me that they were offered 10k in cash for their inheritance. Stepsister became her POA and she purchased a large safe. They informed me their mom mentioned going home and getting her pillow case of $ on her deathbed to daughters. I did not understand at the time why step-sisters and step-niece left while she was on her deathbed in ICU to go to her house. They just said they had to go to her house. They then tell me the sisters said 15K in cash was found hid on the property and it was gone to repairs. They conveniently left out she just inherited 125K months earlier. Brothers asked me and I told them truth. I received calls cursing me out on voicemail from stepsisters about that. I cut them all off and went to lawyer. He said I could be nice and ask for my father's things. The sisters were upset and threatened to get a lawyer. They became even more upset when I told them I just spoke with a lawyer. I got my dad's nasty underwear, pics, and ashes. They refused his clothes, watch, shotgun, bank statements, ID, SS, and birth certificate. They didn't know anything about any of my dad's finances. Yet, we had sat in floor and looked over years of bank statements together where he was taking 1-5k every single week. They literally had me giving them cash to pay her bills after her passing. Swear to God. Within weeks of her passing her daughters and granddaughters all bought brand new cars. Blocked me on snapchat once I saw it.

    Is there anything we can do to see what our dad's full estate value was? She failed to list a 1k check he received, 2 boats, 2 kayaks, four wheeler, skag, and miscellaneous tools. She remodeled extensively and I assume it was paid in cash. She told me her daughters put on their CCs before the estate was paid out. I now can safely assume that was a lie. Can we see who accessed his safe deposit boxes? Would hiring a PI be a waste of $? Lawyer said if we can approve she has more than she inherited we have case. It just hurts that I was so generous and they got my dad's $ he worked so hard to save.

    submitted by /u/number01idiot
    [link] [comments]

    Medical bill for Rape kit

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 05:31 AM PST

    I was assaulted back in august,I was told at the hospital I would not be charged. Today I came home from work to a 600$ bill for it.

    What do I do? I contacted the billing agency and they told me theirs nothing they can do I have to pay.

    Where do I go from here? Do I have to pay? Do i need to go somewhere to show this bill and get it paid for?

    I live in Tennessee. Anything will help...

    submitted by /u/GeronimoYOLO
    [link] [comments]

    Phoenix, Arizona HOA notice to add plants to front yard. Property Manager and Landlord have gone silent

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 08:48 AM PST

    Hello! I reside in Arizona. I am the tenant. About a month ago the HOA sent me and the Property Manager a letter saying that plants needed to be added to the front yard. When I contacted the HOA to tell them that I will go ahead and add the plants on their approved plant list, I was told that I could not do so until two things happen.

    1. I needed to be added to the account to make the changes (PM company needs to fill out and send the paperwork for this to happen) and
    2. A design concept needs to be submitted to the HOA, listing which plants to add, the quantity and location.

    Since the Landlord lives in another country and I have never spoken to them, I deal through the Property Manager directly. Both I and the HOA have made every attempt to contact the PM company for about a month now without any response from them (emails,phone calls and texting).

    In my lease, it states that the tenant will be responsible for maintaining and upkeep to landscaping and HOA fines.

    So, I have decided to post here to see where this puts me. Since I am responsible for HOA fines, what are my options in terms of if I start having the fines tacked onto my monthly rent? Eventually this could potentially add hundreds to my monthly rent.

    I have made every good faith attempt to contact the property manager, and I am even willing to pay for the plants and put them in. Seeing as I have been living at the house for nearly ten years, I really don't mind doing this.

    Is there any advice for my situation? Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/CertainMonth69
    [link] [comments]

    Buying land, parking a trailer, and living in it california? Is this legal?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 12:28 PM PST

    I have a 5th wheel camping trailer. My plan is to buy a lot in my town, and eventually build a kit home. But for the first few years I'd be living in my trailer having my gray water cleaned out every couple months. Is this legal? I know california has some weird zoning laws. I have a cousin who lives in her trailer and she says she moves it 5 feet every year and she is allowed to stay in it if she does that, is there any truth to this? I guess because she is moving it once a year it's not considered a residence? According to her. I don't want to spend 80-100k on a piece of land in the hopes of not getting in trouble with law enforcement and removed.

    submitted by /u/No_Brother5620
    [link] [comments]

    My father (54) is mentally and emotionally abusive. My mom (46) doesn’t want to divorce him, fearing physical violence. I’m tired of living with them but don’t want to leave her. What can I do?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 05:41 PM PST

    if this belongs in a different sub please let me know, I'm just looking for advice wherever I possibly can.

    I'm a 16 year old girl. I don't have a job because of my health issues and I can't drive yet. I have two older siblings, but they have moved out of the house for the same reason I want to. My father is an alcoholic who is extremely verbally and mentally abusive and threatens physical violence against himself and us, though he has never hit us. I have some video proof of his daily abuse, though nothing too incriminating.

    I've considered calling the police many times, but I'm scared I'll be taken away by CPS or put into foster care, or even that my mother will get in trouble for neglect. I don't want to leave my mom with him, but I am very depressed and suicidal due to this and it seems like she's not trying to leave him at all out of fear that he will stalk/harass us or kill himself or try to hurt our pets.

    My boyfriend (16) has offered many times for me to come live with him, and I'm honestly considering it. I've thought about dropping out of high school and running away. None of our distant family knows what's going on, and they don't have the money to take me in. My siblings both only have one bedroom apartments and college to pay for. I feel so trapped and I don't know what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

    **for extra context: I'm not attending school in person at this time because of the virus being very bad in my area. Also, I would like to avoid options that risk me getting taken from my mother. She takes care of me because my father is very neglectful and tries to divert his abuse from me to her. Also, the foster care and CPS system is very bad where I am from. I have had many friends in the same situation go ignored by CPS and the police, and face horrible abuse in the foster care system. That's why I feel so trapped.

    submitted by /u/inamorata558
    [link] [comments]

    My fiancé’s family wants her ring

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 10:44 PM PST

    My fiancé passed away around a month ago. In her will, she wrote that her sister and I were the executors of the will. The problem is, she typed the entire thing up, but never signed it. Because of this, her family has decided her father will take that position. In her will, she specifically mentions that the engagement ring goes to me. I paid for it entirely, and my name is in the paperwork for it.

    They are now not only telling me I need to give them the ring for documentation purposes, but also the charm bracelet I bought her years ago and have been getting charms for her for years. Also, all under my card and under my name.

    Is there any legal reason I need to give them the ring and bracelet?

    submitted by /u/Ipromiseimreallycool
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-wife stole my stimulus check.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 03:09 PM PST

    My ex-wife knows all my information and has memorized it so I'm certain she stole my stimulus check, because she also admitted to it.

    I've been waiting almost all year for my tax returns because I had to file them by mail due to not receiving my identity PIN that they sent to my old address, which I am certain my ex took and used to take my money.

    I think she went on to my SSA account which I have not been able to access because I do not have my identity PIN and changed my direct deposit information to hers.

    I was wondering why I never received one until she texted me 8 times in a row "thanks for the $1200."

    I'm not sure what form to file with the IRS. Does anyone know? Is it the tax fraud form? I'm not sure.

    Wisconsin.

    submitted by /u/stonewall131
    [link] [comments]

    Detective called my mom and I seeking my brother. They did not contact my brother [TX]

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 09:04 PM PST

    My mother and I got a call from a detective this afternoon looking for my brother. It was for a certain county that we used to live near 2 years ago.

    My brother does Uber and did a run out there within the last week. The only other thing is that he knows someone in that county. We're sure that it's nothing but we looked up the detective and he does criminal investigations. He said his name came up in his investigation and we're on his emergency contacts on his drivers license. The whole family is spooked that his full name came up.

    The one thing I'm worried about is that they tried to contact us but not him. Should we grab a lawyer?

    submitted by /u/bobapop85
    [link] [comments]

    my parents control my money

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 10:35 PM PST

    Ohio United States.

    I am 18 and am hopefully going to the military in the future and i have set up my own bank account that is in my name and my parents have no access to, however i currently am employed by my parents and get paid direct deposit into another account that I've had my whole life. it is a savings account and there is no way that i can touch the money in there because my parents have control over it (i think its set up so i have access to it when I'm 25) but i cant even withdraw any money from it. i feel its unfair to me because I've worked for them and i don't even see a paystub. i have a record of the hours that i worked for them. and also i have speculation that they have taken money from that account to pay off loans when i was still a minor. is there any legal course of action i can take to get any money that i feel that i have earned

    submitted by /u/WarAgreeable4063
    [link] [comments]

    Addicted to nicotine because of a job. What could be done?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 10:33 PM PST

    I worked at a Vape shop for 3 years. While I was at this job we were paid with nicotine for our training and after training were given free nicotine and encouraged to use it to help sell the product. The nicotine product being consumed was seen as a perk of the job and came directly from the manufacturer of the product. This arguably could've caused nicotine in employees at this business. Is this grounds for a case? This is in Pennsylvania, but it looks like this may fall under federal law if I am not mistaken.

    submitted by /u/lytle1795
    [link] [comments]

    I allowed my upstairs neighbor to store "A few boxes" into my basement. It turned out to be a whole storage shed. I want him to get it out, but I'm getting pushback and a lot of sob stories. Am I legally allowed to remove it myself?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 10:28 AM PST

    For a bit of background, I live in a two-unit house. I rent the lower unit, which is the main floor and the basement. There is a unit above me, but it's pretty small, since it's pretty much a converted attic.

    A new neighbor moved in this year. Upon his request, I allowed the neighbor to store 'a few boxes' in my basement when he first moved into the building because he practically lives in the attic above me. I have the evidence in text that it would be 'a few boxes' and that he would be the only one down there.

    The next day, he was having a truck back up to my backdoor to unload truck loads of bull-crap from his storage unit. He violated the terms of our agreement that it would only be him in my basement, that it would just be a few boxes, etc.. I've found him down there with multiple different people. He's moved my own stuff around to make room for his.

    I've told him I want it all out, and he started with saying he would, but I doubt it's going to be a short fight. He's been incredibly flakey and he's got so many sob-stories that I could write a freaking book about it. But I have enough of my own.

    I'm giving him a deadline, but I'm getting push-back. It's MY basement. Am I legally allowed to just get rid of the stuff when the deadline comes? Would I be right to get the landlord involved if I felt the need?

    EDIT: Located in Missouri

    submitted by /u/ForgotToForgive
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment