• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 11, 2020

    Legal Advice - Need advice on recourse: Police employee and had a direct supervisor both spread rumors of and accuse me openly of drinking/doing drugs at work Ohio).

    Legal Advice - Need advice on recourse: Police employee and had a direct supervisor both spread rumors of and accuse me openly of drinking/doing drugs at work Ohio).


    Need advice on recourse: Police employee and had a direct supervisor both spread rumors of and accuse me openly of drinking/doing drugs at work Ohio).

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Old throwaway for reasons

    I work as non sworn employee of a large police department. On my last shift I was taken into the conference room with my direct supervisor, my union rep and God knows why, two police officers. Again, I am not an officer and they are nowhere in my chain of command except for my commander.

    After being told a story about how my boss used to get drunk at work before her intervention 11 years ago, I was asked point blank what help she could offer me and accused of drinking and also being seen "nodding" from alleged heroin abuse. This is because I spend my breaks and lunch in my car (away from them) and I sometimes seem "agitated." I have not once ever fallen asleep at work (we work overnights).

    For the record, I have not done drugs since smoking pot in 2012 and spending six hours in a panic attack and have not ever done anything stronger than that. Not to mention that due to stomach issues I don't even drink at all and haven't for almost a year. I offered right then to go get tested to which she replied that opiates only stay in your system for 3 days and the complaint that started this (made by one of the supervisors) was over a week ago and one of the officers pointed out that my offering it made it not a random, no idea how the fuck that matters. So they refused to test me.

    After defending myself (pretty angrily but professionally) I left the room and within minutes found out that she and other supervisors had been having a little bridge club and had spread this rumor by asking all my friends if I do drugs.

    So they have essentially ruined my name, both in my department and with the officers. Everyone in the room "knows" that I am either drunk or high at work thanks to their spreading this rumor instead of just taking me for a drug test straight off the bat and squashing this the right way like they do in every other case.

    Chances are good I am done there, they openly told me they are "watching me like a hawk." I want to reiterate, I do NOT do drugs and I don't even fucking drink, ever.

    My union rep is filing a formal complaint, but do I have any other recourse? This supervisor has done this before but never in such a public way, always one on one and she has never been right. I want to prevent them from retaliating on me for defending myself (they are petty and vengeful) and from ever doing this to someone else.

    Thanks, sorry if this is convoluted, I am still a little angry and fired up.

    edit: I want to thank you all for your input. Reddit will never cease to amaze me with what a resource it is for so many diffrent things, and the fact that so many of you who do this for a living will take your personal time to answer these and put so much thought and effort into it, well I feel very lucky and grateful.

    submitted by /u/ProtectAndVerve
    [link] [comments]

    My stepdad was the beneficiary of $400,000 from his ex-wife. The lawyer in charge of handling their case failed to give him the paperwork in time, and the money was passed to someone else. Can my stepdad pursue any legal action against the lawyer, or is there any way to reclaim that money?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Please forgive my limited knowledge of how this stuff works, but I'll try to be as descriptive as possible: In November of 2019 my stepdad received a letter that his ex-wife had passed and was leaving him $400,000. He was obviously very emotional, but my parents have been in a financial rut for a long time and really needed the money (even if they didn't, it was supposed to go to my stepdad). My parents had already employed a lawyer for another case in which they were trying to reclaim about $15,000 from a relative who had cheated them, so they reached out to him to handle this situation.

    The lawyer said my stepdad needed to retrieve his original marriage license and some more paperwork to finalize the funds being sent- which my stepdad next-day shipped the following week after a trip to the town he and his ex-wife were married, and the lawyer said he received it....in November. (My parents live out of state, and the lawyer they're using is based where I live in Oklahoma).

    Cut to February. The lawyer contacts my parents and says that he's sorry, but he meant to inform them that they only had 60 days to "fill out one last form", and that they missed their opportunity to receive the money; stating the funds were now being transferred to the next beneficiary on the list. He had apparently had some health issues, but completely dropped the ball on finishing what was needed to get my stepdad the money.

    My parents have been so overwhelmed and had no idea that there was an expiration on them retrieving the funds, and under their lawyers guidance, believed that they had done everything they needed in order to get it. They have no idea what to do, and are not even sure there's a way to recoup the money that was owed them- so I thought I'd ask... Is that not negligence? Could the lawyer be sued for not relaying all of the information and failing to do all that was required to get my stepdad his money? Is there anything at all that can be done that wouldn't put my parents in worse financial crisis?

    submitted by /u/tejeti
    [link] [comments]

    PayPal sent themselves 7,000 USD from my account for “PayPal’s damages”

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Throwaway because I don't want personal money posts on my main account.

    I've had a PayPal account for nearly 10 years. It's been great, until now.

    I'm a personal trainer. I've turned half my home into a gym which is where I train my clients.

    I also sell supliments to my clients through a local supplement store including: protein powder, creatine monohydrate, and metabolic spike.

    Without warning, my PayPal account was "limited" in April for reasoning that was never explained to me. I had 7,000 USD in the account at the time. I tried PayPal phone support for months and was just told to wait until 180 days from my "limit" and then I could withdraw the money.

    Well, it's been 180 days and I went to check out my PayPal account and there's a transfer "to PayPal" of the amount of everything that was in my account. The memo line says "PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation."

    I checked PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy and there's nothing against selling training sessions or workout supplements, so I'm completely lost.

    I need this money to pay my rent and bills plus not to mention feed myself and my dog. I marked my calendar for the date I was supposed to get this money and I expected and needed it. I don't know what to do!

    Edit: my city/state/country is Denver, Colorado USA

    Edit2: I called PayPal and they said they can't provide any more information other than the fact that I violated their AUP and they have in their terms they can fine me for that and they did and that it's final. They wouldn't provide more.

    Edit3: Both people I spoke to with PayPal were very clear they couldn't provide info on how I violated the AUP or what the damages were for or how the amount of damages was totaled, but it was coincidentally exactly my balance

    submitted by /u/ThrowawayHelpMe3947
    [link] [comments]

    A 18-year old renter secretly installed nanny camera in our guest bathroom. Need advice on how to move forward.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I'm in a predicament and urgently needing advice on next steps. I have a young 18 years old renter in my home. He has been living with me for ~4 years, when he was still a dependent. We were not his legal guardian. He pays for a bedroom and uses the guest bathroom. The rest of the family (women and young kids) also uses this bathroom.

    We discovered a nanny camera installed and hidden behind a canvas. We checked in his room and found 2 cameras and 2 sd cards. I haven't have the gut to open the sd card to see what's in there.

    How should we go from here? Is this a minor misdemeanor or a felony? Should we call the police? Would this be in this record?

    submitted by /u/tln12
    [link] [comments]

    Teenage son found drugs in dad's house

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    So, my teenager told me that he found pot and hard drugs (small baggies of what sounds like crystal meth) at his dad's house.

    I've suspected dad was on meth because of stories (vacuuming the walls at 3 in the morning because bugs, kids say dad doesn't sleep during the week, and most recently scabs/ bandaids on his face)... but now kiddo has told me.

    So, what's my next step? Go to family court? Call the cops? CPS?

    I don't want to send kiddo over for next scheduled visitation.

    Ex and I are not on speaking terms if that matters.

    In Texas.

    Edit: typo of-> if

    submitted by /u/Pandemicteacher
    [link] [comments]

    Could I report someone who I know is shooting innocent dogs to the police?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    Good Afternoon.

    I just came on to this Reddit in order to ask this question. I am on mobile so I apologize for any mistakes or misunderstandings.

    Before I start, I live within the RGV area in Texas, if that helps.

    Okay so, my parents are friends with this one couple. Let's call them John and Jane. They met John and Jane a few months ago, so they don't know much about them. They recently were on a FaceTime call and they both told us about how John shoots any dog that steps foot on his property.

    He said, "I don't care if it's just one small step on my property, I go grab my gun and get rid of them. And if they try to look for shelter here, they're stupid because they're gonna get killed within 5 seconds. Then I drag their bodies out of my area and throw them out in the dumpster."

    I was shocked. In that moment, I didn't know how to react and I simply got quiet and left to my room silently. My sister let him know that it is incredibly wrong to do that. He laughed it off and said "Don't care. It's my property and I get to do whatever the fuck I want within it."

    Jane is also fully aware of this, as well as their two kids, who apparently watch as he does it and are "currently teaching them to do it too." One is 11 years old and the other 13.

    They are absolutely sick. Well, at least to me. The dogs do not put him or anyone else in any danger whatsoever. He just decides to shoot them because they enter his land.

    Is it something that should be reported to the police? Would I be able to report him? Would I need proof?

    I know the answer is yes but I just needed to know if I needed some kind of proof in order to report him.

    Thank you in advance for any help.

    submitted by /u/melcnxe
    [link] [comments]

    Cease and Desist on Me Too Post

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    BC CANADA

    I made a me too post on my ex boyfriend and so did his other ex. We were both served with a cease and desist for defamation on claiming sexual assault, cheating, and emotional abuse. He is wanting a written apology also.

    We have hard proof of all of this, except the sexual assault. We only have police files for the sexual assault which never went to court. What should we do? Should we take down the posts? What type of lawyers should we seek? In case he does sue? How do defamation cases even go, am I to prove everything I said is indeed true? Do i get myself a civil lawyer or defamation lawyer or some other type of lawyer?

    submitted by /u/bananawaggle
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor Wants to Take Strip of My Land Thru "Adverse Possession"

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I have a gravel RV pad that runs along side my house. The other side of the RV pad runs parallel to my property line and is nicely edged with bricks. Being neighborly, I set the edge of the bricks 12" over on my side of the property line. Between the bricks and the neighbor's house is a strip of grass.

    My neighbor informed me he wants to build a fence right up to the bricks which would entirely be on my side of the property line. He said he assumed the brick edge was the property line (even though all property marker pins are very visible). I tied a string between the markers when I put the bricks in.

    Normally the fence wouldn't be an issue (even though it's useless to me), but I actually need access right up to my property line (beyond the brick edge) to fit wheel barrows, equipment, etc along my RV (that's my access route between the front and back yard).

    My neighbor said that 12" strip between the RV pad edge and MY property line is HIS because of "adverse possession" and he mows that strip. My position is that I actually use that extra 12" often moving stuff back and forth to the back yard. Therefore he hasn't had exclusive use of the land which is a requirement of adverse possession - from what I read.

    We've had a good relationship up to this point. I feel he's taking advantage of the situation. I live in Washington state.

    submitted by /u/Bitter-Basket
    [link] [comments]

    Was almost shot in my own bed...

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, however, I'm wondering what can be done legally.

    A couple mornings ago (while I was not home thankfully) the person living in the apartment behind us accidentally discharged his firearm (which are not allowed in the complex) into our bedroom wall.

    The bullet pierced the wall above the bed, right where my head would have been if I was asleep/home at the time which I normally am which is honestly terrifying. It struck across our bedroom damaging some clothes and a bag, thankfully nothing else.

    The cops had to search our apartment for the bullet and take photos of the scene, all while we weren't home yet which is okay, however, I am wondering who is legally liable for what and what can be done relating to the whole situation?

    I'm pretty sure the person has been evicted already (at the time of the "accident"), however, I am not sure what else has been done and can be done. Any advice would be awesome!

    Thanks~

    submitted by /u/InOneFowlSoup
    [link] [comments]

    Can I go to civil court for stollen, falsely surrendered dogs?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    I owned 2 dogs when I unfortunately got taken into police custody, I couldn't come up with bail right away so I spent just 4 days incarcerated. During this time my sister was supposed to take care of them. Behind my back she signed my dogs away back to the rescue they came from, because she said she was too busy for them. However she forged my signature and claimed it was me returning them. Anyway when I got out I reached out to the rescue asking for them back, and told them the signature was forged and I could prove it. The rescue said no, refused to show me the paperwork, and blocked my phone number. I'm 100% sure they know it wasn't me who signed them away. They were being fostered at the time I got out asking for their return. They have since been foster failed (the guy fostering them adopted them. I will note the guy who now has them is the owner/ head of the rescue) They were just that great. I was a vet tech and have years of vet records for them to show proof of ownership and great care. Do I have a case to take the rescue to court and get my dogs back? I don't want to press charges on my sister. I still have the text exchanges with the rescue asking for them back explaining the situation. I just want to take the rescue to court and get my dogs back. I miss them so much and its been 5 months and still cry multiple times a week missing them.

    TL;DR- dogs were given away by someone dog sitting, the rescue was aware and refuses to give them back.

    Edit- this is in North Carolina

    submitted by /u/memewatcher2323
    [link] [comments]

    False noise complaints and landlord negligence

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    State: California Location: Bay Area

    I thought I moved into my dream apartment. One night I plugged something into the wall and the next door neighbor tapped on the wall. The next night I listened to a podcast at very low level at bedtime (volume 2, could barely hear it) and he started banging on the wall. One day when I was unpacking my belongings during the day and he started banging on the wall and then came to my door. He told me i was making too much noise which wasn't true and felt intimidating. Moreover, I thought it was odd; I really wasn't making noise. I was only showing signs of life, and unpacking. I've lived in apartments my entire life (never lived in a house ever) and have always been told I'm quiet. Have never had a noise complaint and I'm not a young student, I'm a 50yrs old woman living with a cat. I'm quiet.

    One day last week the property manager called and told me a noise complaint was lodged against me. I couldn't understand, I had gone to sleep early and couldn't have made sound. He suggested I speak to my neighbor and i did. Did it help? No. The next day I took a shower and again he started banging on the wall and complained. When I had gone to speak to my neighbor the day before, he said "people don't always come to speak to me" which indicated I'm not alone and he has a habit of complaining - and got me thinking.

    So, I contacted previous residents of this apartment. Turns out, the last two residents left because he lodged over 100 false noise complaints against them in a very short period of time, filed false police reports about them, one of them had a mysterious incident of slashed tires, and the other has stories of him stalking her. The previous residents showed me emails and documentation of their experiences AND their communication with the property manager + rental company which proves this is an ongoing problem. The company and property manager very clearly knew this would happen to me; it's an ongoing pattern. He's driven residents away from the exact apartment unit I am renting, by pounding on the wall constantly, filing false reports, endless noise complaints and frightening intimidation for no reason. One person was accused of making noise when she was out of town for 3 weeks.

    The property company has done nothing. All of them had to break their lease to get out of the situation.

    I've started to document my experience, am logging all of the documentation from previous renters. The company and property manager are pretending to be surprised; I know they are lying to me. Meanwhile, I'm scared of my neighbor. He's a big guy, I'm a small woman living alone. I am prepared to fight the ensuing storm ahead based on past behavior. It was expensive to move in, and the deposit was also a lot of money. I've lived here 3 months total.

    My question is, is this negligence? Are the property company and building manager negligent? They know this man has harassed previous neighbors who have gotten out of their lease due to the harassment (documented). All of them, however, were too scared of the man to file a restraining order. But, they have a lot of documentation that he filed false police reports and noise complaints and his harassment drove them out.

    My decibel meter and cameras arrive this week. But, are they negligent? I feel as though I am in danger and they knew it when they rented this apartment to me. I have a lot of proof that they knew this would happen.

    Thoughts? What other recourse do I have? A restraining order? Harassment? Ughhhhh :(

    This is definitely an awful feeling. I'm scared to make any sound and scared to sleep in the bedroom. I've been sleeping on my couch. This apartment is almost unusable because I'm so afraid of making a single sound. The other day I dropped a fork and almost had an anxiety attack because it made a sound.

    submitted by /u/LovelyLeela
    [link] [comments]

    Neighboring Suite in business park is illegally selling nitrous oxide. How to report?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    The suite next to mine is a nitrous fill station, possibly more. They have a roll up door in the front and back. Cars enter through the rear door, I hear the loud sounds of gas being released, bottles clanking, then minutes later they exit through the front door. The doors are only ever opened long enough for cars to enter/exit. They put up security cameras everywhere (they completely wrecked the walls doing so), and blast extremely loud club music non-stop.

    I now have all kinds of people walking into my place of business with empty tanks asking for 'a NOS fill'. These people aren't exactly doctors and dentists, they often times have face tattoos and get angry when I tell them I don't do 'fills'. There are cars doing burn outs in our business park, people huffing balloons right in front of my office, and other debauchery. I need it to stop.

    I've notified the management company of the business park, nothing done yet. I've submitted information via an online police tip submission. What other recourse do I have?

    This is in Southern California, I know nitrous oxide is illegal for personal consumption and automotive use. I'm tired of people walking into my warehouse, I'm tired of high volume club music, I'm tired of waiting for an accident to happen and shrapnel to come blasting through the thin drywall separating our two units.

    Addt info: I've setup one of my trail cams (motion activated camera used for hunting) in my front door to capture the people that walk up to my unit and the cars that exit. Don't know if that'll be useful or not.

    submitted by /u/DrummerStp
    [link] [comments]

    Divorce in PA, how screwed am I?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    I (f29) have been married to spouse (m33) for five years in PA. Just bought a house two months ago, all in my name. Spouse doesn't work and hasn't worked more then a year throughout our marriage, and never full time. I make 42k a year. I am getting a divorce because last night after being critical of me on and off for two weeks, he threw a bucket of water on me, then threw a stereo in my direction while screaming at me that I never do what he tells me too. Yes I know I am probably going to suffer for foolishly sticking by this dude for so long, I just want to know how bad.

    submitted by /u/Optimal_Sell3851
    [link] [comments]

    [Renting][Tenant][TX] - Before move in saw apartment on a Zoom call. Moved in and immediately saw roaches. Landlady told me to lawyer up if I wanted to break lease - nobody will rent me a new property.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I absolutely cannot stand roaches. They are filthy, and would potentially endanger my pregnant wife.

    So I moved to Texas for a job, and previewed a bunch of properties and settled on this one. The video walkthrough looked fine I guess.

    I drive 22 hours to Texas. I am exhausted. I move all my belongings into this apartment and notice a roach next to the stove. A german cockroach. In a panic I called the landlady

    "Well your realtor didn't see the roach? You didn't see it in the Zoom call? Too bad, you can't break lease. We can spray"

    I've played this rodeo before. They call the company, company sprays, roaches come back two days later because the eggs hatch. I spent THREE MONTHS dealing with this in NC. I eventually moved to one of their other properties and never had a problem. But this easily could have been a problem if I brough eggs with me. I hardly got any sleep and just cleaned cleaned cleaned. Another apartment had them. This place in Texas is a duplex. They won't get rid of them.

    In a fit, I tear through the apartment. I found DOZENS of roaches. Landlady tells me to lawyer up. It's likely they knew the place had roaches and bombed the place before I moved in. They all look like fresh corpses. I see eggs, nymphs, and adults alike.

    I don't know what to do. I have my first day of work tomorrow and I'm renting a Holiday Inn. My car is jam-packed full of my belongings. I drove 1600 miles to be here.

    Is there something that can be done about the apartment being safe/clean on initial walkthrough? Because it's not.

    submitted by /u/TPMJB
    [link] [comments]

    Curious about legality of my employer's "on call" demands - Michigan

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    I recently started a new job working swing shifts and found out that once every couple of months you are required to be (what they call) on call for 7 days or nights. Their rules are that if they call you any time before the shift starts, you have an hour (or two, can't quite remember) to make it in to work. Employees are not paid for any of the time they should be expecting calls.

    I tried looking into the laws in MI about this, but they weren't very clear to me. I'm about to be on call for night shifts, and the thought of getting called at 4pm to work for 12 hours all night is kinda shitty. I also like to spend time with my family, so not being on edge all day about being called in would be great too.

    Does anybody understand MI laws better than I do and can shed some light on my situation?

    submitted by /u/Aggressive_Champion
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for a lawyer to not tell you the retainer is exhausted and then say you owe them money?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    I haven't received an invoice in a while and had no idea we went over the retainer. She keeps telling me to send her the money I owe her but I don't have the money right now. Is this normal for lawyers to do this? I'm in the US.

    submitted by /u/HoneyIShrunkTheTwins
    [link] [comments]

    Broken tree fell on my property and damaged my barn...who is responsible for what?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Located in CA

    My neighbor has a huge eucalyptus tree, probably 80' tall. One very large branch broke off, fell on my side of the fence, and ripped a hole in my barn. I can not yet tell if the fence is damaged. While out there inspecting the tree, another very large section broke off while we were underneath it. Luckily it fell away from us and no one was hurt. My understanding is this is considered an act of God and I am responsible to clean the debris on my side, but they are still responsible for the repair of my barn (not much damage but still.) Is my understanding correct? Also, what comes next regarding the tree. The tree has always seemed healthy, and there seems to be no reason to assume it's not, but should it still be inspected? We were not experiencing any windy or stormy conditions that might explain this. What if the home owner won't pay for an inspection? If the tree falls, it would not damage my home, but could destroy my barn or my neighbors house depending on which way it goes. He is a landlord, and last I spoke to him a few years ago was underwater on the house, and didn't want to help repair the leaning retaining wall between our properties that retains the foundation to his house. If the retaining wall gives, the the 50' tree up against it will likely also give and fall on my house. The tree is already leaning towards my house and the retaining wall leans a little more every year. What precautions should I take?

    https://imgur.com/E8pOjqF

    submitted by /u/beachbumjeremy
    [link] [comments]

    Roommate of Deceased Mother took things that don't belong to him

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Atlanta, Georgia
    I finally evicted my moms Roommate who has been living on the property for the last 13 months or so without rent and I have paid utilities of up to $3298 while he's been there. My mother passed away in July of 2019 and we gave the guy 4 months to move out, but he started refusing to do so after we gave him 4 months notice. We tried to help him but he made it more and more difficult as we continued to go about. $3k in Legal Fees and 3k in me paying for his utilities for a year because if I had requested it from him, he would have been exempt due to CARES act. I'm at this juncture.

    He finally vacated after a lengthy year long eviction process that has been painful.

    Taking a look around the property, it seems he took several large items that don't belong to him and some family items such as a China Cabinet and the china that was in it, some bedroom furniture. Possible some of my mothers jewelry.

    Do you guys have any suggestions? Do I need to file a report for the missing items? Since they are things that are so old and I don't have a receipt, what do I do?

    submitted by /u/memizex
    [link] [comments]

    Small town political suppression

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    I am 69, retired and live alone in a mixed use property that used to be the store front for your antique business before my wife passed away. In august 2020 i put up a 3x5 Black Lives Matters flag in front of my building and pro Biden imagery on my property. in Avon Park Florida . Locals detested it , tore down my BLM flag .They filed complaints with the city leading to an order to take my signs down, and telling me I can't live on the property zoned c4, mixed use, anymore because of zoning. I have exhausted my options and it is my only place to live. I can't afford representation and can't afford to live elsewhere and i don't want to abandon the property I own, I don't want to be homeless and have had zero issues until displaying my political ideology "what are my options? What can I do?"

    submitted by /u/No-Sell-5030
    [link] [comments]

    [OK] Can I get in trouble for my neighbor using my electricity?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    I live next door to a mentally ill drug addict. He is squatting in the house right next to me.

    He has been in jail for the last 35 days for attempting to murder his girlfriend with a hammer. I am a 23 year old single woman and I am living in constant fear because he is always coming to my home, asking me for things, coming up to me when I'm getting out of my car in the driveway, asking for cigarettes, food, drugs, etc.

    Well, he's apparently out of jail now. Here is what happened:

    Last night he approached me while I was getting out of my car from a grocery trip. I could tell he was high and I was very scared. It was dark and there was no one else around. He told me I needed to let him run an extension cord into my house so he could have a light on in his house. I obeyed and then locked all my doors and went to a friends house because I was so scared.

    Will I get in trouble if the police find out I allowed this to happen? I know I shouldn't have. I have anxiety and I just obeyed him because he literally went to jail for beating the shit out of his girlfriend. I was scared he would do something to hurt me so I just did what he said. What should I do? The police are here every few days because he harasses all the neighbors. He beat the shit out of another neighbor recently and I'm so scared of him doing something to me. I don't want to live here anymore but I know I can't get out of my lease just because this person is harassing me.

    submitted by /u/anxiousthrow_away_20
    [link] [comments]

    Contractor used excavator to smash our home ONTARIO

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    In Ontario- We hired a young contractor to renovate our basement apartment. Quote included basement floor, drywall repair, and final paint. The young man explained that the water damage we were repairing could be fixed with a French drain and offered to fix said problem by installing one. In order to excavate around the home our deck needed removal, this was all end of last year. While pulling the deck off with a rented mini excavator, he mis-operated and collided with our home, pushing the wall in and breaking a patio door frame. He said it would be fixed at his expense, verbally. He also claimed the deck replacement and new retaining wall could be covered by our agreed upon budget. I'll add there is no contract so this is more a personal liability than a business claim. An entire year has passed, I've been blocked on our messenger, but contact with my husband remained. He has in writing promised this would be done by thanksgiving weekend, here we are and no communication or new door being installed. And he's openly said he won't put a new deck on anymore. Claimed COVID was the reason but continued on all summer installing decks and fences around town posting photos, so I know this is a lie. Since the incident he has reneged his obligation to pay for his mistake of smashing the house and now wants us to pay for the door. I'd like to to go to small claims court, but am not sure if it's worth my time. What are our options and do we have a leg to stand on should I try to demand he replaces the door(and deck in my opinion) at his cost.

    submitted by /u/halesandbales
    [link] [comments]

    My father was just hospitalized. What happens to my siblings now?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    My father was just admitted to ICU with lung complications. He's probably not gonna be coming home soon. My mother left home back in 2017 and my siblings who, between the 5 of them, are ages 20 and 12 have been living with him since then. I moved out later that year because my brother was 18 and my father was mostly able at the time.

    He started struggling badly with his MS later in 2019 and refused to receive any medical treatment so my siblings just took care of him.

    Today when he started having a really hard time breathing and started going pale. So I drove home to see what was going on and ended up calling the paramedics to take him to a hospital. His lungs were full of fluid and he wasn't getting full breaths so he's been admitted into an intensive care facility and he probably won't be able to come home for a long time.

    I'm not sure what happens at this point. I live on the other side of the state with a wife and kid and we barely make enough money between us to take care of ourselves so I won't be able to take all my siblings in if any.

    I'm not sure what to do.

    edit: fixed some dates

    submitted by /u/Danoofaz
    [link] [comments]

    Recently found out parent who passed away due to Cancer and was taking diabetes medicine which was recently recalled

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    My father passed away a little over a year ago due to blood cancer. Today I was sent an article with a drug, Metformin, which was recalled due to high levels of cancer-causing agents. My father started taking this medicine about 8-10~ months prior to his diagnosis. I wanted to know if it was even worth looking into this further and if so how? I don't want to put my family in any additional stress so wanted to see if anyone had any insight on these kind of situations.

    Edit: New Jersey

    submitted by /u/SniperYeti
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment