• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 18, 2020

    Legal Advice - Found out a farm worker is using my 14 year old son's SS# for employment. What can I do?

    Legal Advice - Found out a farm worker is using my 14 year old son's SS# for employment. What can I do?


    Found out a farm worker is using my 14 year old son's SS# for employment. What can I do?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Yesterday my wife was doing a phone interview with a state representative (OR) and the interviewer asked about my son's income. My wife of course told her that he is 14 years old and has never had a job.

    The state rep said that it appeared someone is using his social security number to gain employment and all she could do was give us the name of the company that was using my son's ss #.

    I googled the company and left a brief message as nobody answered and received a call back about an hour later. I let it go to voice-mail because I was pretty fired up about it and calmer heads usually prevail.

    When I talk to them I would like some accurate ammo as to what I can do to resolve this. Everything I see online refers to identity theft and getting authorities involved... Should I get the authorities involved? Should I even talk to the people at the farm or let the authorities handle it?

    I am already taking the steps to monitor his credit and try to find any open accounts with his ss.

    Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

    EDIT: I see comments are locked. Thanks to everyone who gave great advice! I'm going to the Sherrif's Office in the farm's county and filing a police report. Then will follow the steps on identitytheft.gov to report it federally, and I've signed him up for Identity Guard. Thanks again!

    submitted by /u/I_Love_Boobs_n_Butts
    [link] [comments]

    I found a GPS tracking device on my vehicle and I don't know where it came from. (Texas)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Title pretty much says it. Texas.My wife was leaving work and the car was parked on an incline, making the under-carriage of the car easy to see. She noticed something protruding from the bottom of one of the metal panels- at first, she thought it was some part of the car that had broken or bent or what have you - but when I took a look at it when I got home I found out that it was a GPS Tracker with SIM card installed.

    https://spytec.com/products/gl300ma-gps-tracker-m2-case-bundle

    I own this car, it is not on lease. This car has no liens against it or anything of that nature. My wife drives the car about 20% of the time - I drive this vehicle most of the time.

    Battery life on the unit mentions about 20 days at 60 second pings- Meaning this has been on the vehicle for less than 20 days as the unit is operating right now.I think I Better Call Saul or something...

    I currently have the device still on the vehicle. I didn't want to look like I was disturbing the device or allow whoever is tracking me to know that I found it.

    submitted by /u/guywithgpstracker
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance went bankrupt after authorizing my surgery, now won’t pay and hospital says I owe $140k in debt

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    So in 2018 I lived in Texas. The hospital I worked for had their own insurance for their employees. Gradually the company went bankrupt. Right before they shut down I needed ankle surgery, out of network because it was complicated. I had the surgery, was authorized with $6k copay, of which I paid about $2k up front. Two days after my surgery I got my pink slip because the whole company was declaring bankruptcy. Three days after that I got notice my health insurance was being terminated. I called to make sure my surgery was paid for and was assured on the phone that it was illegal for them to stick me with the bill retroactively.

    About a month later I got a bill from the hospital for $140k. Unemployed, uninsured, and unable to work while recovering from surgery, I had no way to pay for it. My mental health also took a nosedive during this time, so I didn't do much about it. My surgeon was horrified when I went in for my follow ups, and someone from the office called and confirmed that this was an authorized procedure that my insurance had agreed to pay for. Other than that voicemail, I have very little in the way of paperwork proving it should have been paid for since the company I worked for is closed down and I didn't think to keep my receipt for when I paid my partial copay. In the mean time, I moved to Michigan and have a new job and health insurance, but this is ruining my credit.

    What kind of lawyer do I need? How can I get paperwork from a company that doesn't exist anymore? Am I totally screwed?

    submitted by /u/formerjnhopefullyjy
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-manager had me investigated for sexual abuse against a disabled person. Her claim was a lie, and it was made in retaliation to me filing a neglect claim against her program with the bureau of elderly and adult services.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    NH, USA. As the title says, I recently filed a claim with the bureau of elderly and adult services due to a situation where I think there is neglect present. In any case the situation is really really bad, and, as a mandated reporter and dedicated advocate, I filed a claim. Upon being investigated, the manager of this program launched a counter-investigation against me, claiming I had been acting "creepy and weird" with the client for whom I am advocating. She made multiple false claims about me, and then told the investigator she shouldnt have said what she said, but it was too late because you can't just make a claim like that and then take it back. Luckily the majority of the people the investigator called backed me up, telling him I was a dedicated employee and that they were pretty sure I wouldnt do that. It came back as being an unfounded claim (thank god) but this is insane. What should I do?? It seems wrong to let this get swept under the rug, but I never wanted this situation to turn like this. Should I just drop it?

    submitted by /u/caringcaregiver55
    [link] [comments]

    Ohio Real Estate Question: what kind of scam is this?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Hi All-

    My wife and I own a house that we are rehabbing in one of the big cities in Ohio. This is not our primary residence; however, once the rehab is done, we intend to move in and make it our primary residence. We have a mortgage on the place to pay for the rehab, so it's gone through an exhaustive title search. (With this mortgage and a grant program, there are liens on this house that approximately equal or are greater than its value in its present condition.) In its current condition, it is not livable- there is no running water, no walls, no flooring, no ceilings.

    This neighborhood is gentrifying and as a result investors really want properties there. We've had literally hundreds of people call asking to buy the place... we've had lots of complaints to city code enforcement in the hopes that we'd get tired of them and unload the place.

    On Friday, my contractor called me and said that some guy dropped off a weird letter to one of his guys who was working on the place. He asked me if I knew what was going on, and I had no idea. The letter is handwritten and it reads:

    July 17, 2020

    NOTIFICATION OF EVICTION

    To whom it may concern:

    On this seventeenth day of July 2020, all tenants, occupiers, occupants, residents, dwellers, lessees, and renters are provided a 10-day notice of eviction.

    The premises must be vacated by August 3, 2020 or further legal action may follow.

    This property has been claimed by Mr. A--- F--- who can be reached at (---) --------

    Candidly,

    A---- F----

    The actual property address is not on the letter. I really didn't think anything of this- I thought it was a prank or scare tactic or something. But then the guy came back, walked around the inside, and stole the key to the house. Unfortunately due to Covid, the police department in this city is not doing any in-person contact except for immediate emergencies. They directed me to leave my number on a voicemail and an officer would get back to me. I haven't heard anything yet. I have changed the locks on the front door, but the side door is still accessible by removing a piece of wood that covers the doorway.

    I'm utterly confounded about this. I triple checked the county auditor (property is still in our name), county recorder (no new liens have been recorded), all local and regional court sites- no pending lawsuits against us that I can see. The legal requirement for squatter's rights in Ohio is inhabiting and improving and abandoned property for 21 years. As far as I can see this guy has no legal right to our property whatsoever. Unless somebody many years ago did a "deed in a drawer" trick and never had ownership transferred. But why does this guy even think he can do this??

    Is this a case where he can hire an attorney to make our life hell, and then say, "Hey you know this is going to cost you $50k to litigate but I'll be happy to settle for $5k" deals? Or is this such a clearly cut-and-dry case that a judge would grant a motion to dismiss? Do I need to keep stalking the website of the Eviction Court in this city to make sure he's not trying to do something stupid like sue the house itself or serve papers to a place that is clearly uninhabited?

    What I'm more worried about is that he'll try to take the property by force. If I'm working there (or if my contractor is working there), this guy can show up, call the cops, and claim that I am trespassing on his property- then the cops would force me to leave. That would be annoying if it happened once, but he could do this repeatedly until I was able to establish with the police that he is not the owner- and that might take a court appearance.

    submitted by /u/taw-re-ohio-question
    [link] [comments]

    Car was sold after I paid all repo fees by due date & now they want me to pay remaining balance

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm in California. My car was repossessed. I paid all the fees by the due date and set up an appointment to retrieve it at the lot it was being held at. However, when I was on the way there I got a call from the people who were holding it saying not to come because it had been sold to another dealership.

    I called my lender and they admitted they were at fault and would get me my car back. They failed to do so and now they are demanding that I pay the difference from the initial loan amount to what the dealership paid to buy it.

    Is it possible to take legal action against the lender?

    submitted by /u/snow510
    [link] [comments]

    Mechanic's wife has my motorcycle...

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    A while back I had a mechanic pick up a motorcycle to be assembled and finished. He took the bike from his shop to his home to work on during the weekends and time off (was a large project). Mechanic has been working on my bike for months at this point.

    A few days ago I got a call from my mechanic saying his wife filed for divorce, locked him out of his house, and got him arrested for domestic assault. My bike is now stuck at the house and his wife won't let the bike be retrieved. He then gave me his wive's attorney's contact information to try and retrieve my bike. I contacted the attorney and was given this response:

    "I have learned a few things, and I do understand how much you'd like this resolved, and quickly!

    I feel confident we will be able to make arrangements for you to retrieve your motorcycle, and I just need to ensure how best to do that while also seeing about getting the work done you paid for. Please bear with me a few more days while I try to make this happen smoothly."

    My questions are this... Do I have anything to worry about? I really just want my bike out of the middle of this. Can I demand to pick it up ASAP?

    thank you in advance for the advice.

    submitted by /u/rickjackwood
    [link] [comments]

    Getting A Summons the Day Before You’re Supposed to Appear in Court

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Hi all, quick question. Any advice would be appreciated.

    So today I found a summons on my porch saying I'm being sued by Chase bank. The problem Is it says I have to appear in court tomorrow, and I have no time to get any legal consultation or anything.

    This seems highly unusual, and I was just wondering if this is legal. It seems ridiculous to give you a summons with virtually no time to prepare.

    This is in California too.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Gay_Leo_Gang
    [link] [comments]

    Elderly neighbor's unsettling behavior is sharply escalating (Vermont).

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    Hey, all.

    I live in Vermont. I moved in maybe four or five months ago (time has lost all meaning during lockdown) to a new building. The day I moved in, I met a seemingly-nice old lady.

    She helped me out one day when I was locked out of my apartment, and I left a thank you note and a small candy gift outside her door. Everything was polite and nice.

    But then she started asking favors of me, scaling it up from one quick errand to a significant amount of chores, shopping, cleaning, etc. I told her I was on disability for a reason -- I have both physical and mental health disabilities -- and she made some rude comments insinuating I was lying about my depression.

    She also started to try to sell me on her religion. She wanted to "lay hands on" me to "heal [my] migraines" and implied it would heal my depression as well. I politely declined and she asked about my family's religion. When I told her what it was and it was different than hers, she made faces and a few disparaging remarks, and ever since then has been trying in earnest to convert me, telling me my family's religion is fake and sinful and we're all going to hell and that my late grandparents are in hell.

    By this time I'd known her for about a week, and she started saying "I love you" to me. Repeatedly. And I knew it was time to cut contact.

    It was then that I started trying to distance myself from this woman. I asked her several times specifically not to get things for me at the store, but she would come to my door and hover outside it for minutes at a time, listening through the door -- sometimes while I was on zoom doing my therapy sessions, other times right around midnight -- and when I'd open the door to tell her to go away she'd act like she'd just gotten there and I hadn't heard her squeaky walker and shuffling feet come up the hallway ten minutes earlier and stop right outside my door. Then she'd give me things I'd asked her not to buy me.

    I stopped reciprocating with thank-you notes and return gifts when she gets me things I have asked her not to get me. I blocked her number and deleted the increasingly passive-aggressive voicemails because they made me uncomfortable (and were also filling up my mailbox). If I saw her in the laundry room and she hadn't spotted me, I'd leave as quickly as I could.

    But sometimes she does spot me, and on several occasions she has blocked my exit from the laundry room or blocked me from going up the stairs to get away from her and gotten right up in my face. It's like a switch has been flipped. She's passive aggressive, she's outright aggressive. This little old lady scares me.

    And every time she corners me in the hallway, she starts calling me incessantly again.

    It's been four or five months now. I blocked her number about two weeks into all this. Three weeks ago, I sent her a text asking her to not contact me again (she told me she texts her grandchildren and whatnot so I know she got it, she just didn't reply). Today I left a letter on her door. It was not rude, I did not insult her -- it just said something like "hello, I have asked you multiple times not to contact me. Please stop calling my voicemail, coming to my door, leaving me things, etc. I want no further contact, not even for you to come to see me about this note."

    Then a little while later I came out of the elevator and bam, there she was. I tried ignoring her but she started following me. I asked her to leave me alone multiple times, but she kept saying, "no, no," and I kept repeating myself: leave me alone. She started giggling madly then, and said in a sing-song, admonishing voice, "you're grumpy." I told her I wasn't grumpy and that I wanted to be left alone. She said no over and over again and I tried to leave through the front door when she reached out to grab my arm to stop me.

    That really scared me, as I grew up in an abusive household, and so before I even realized it I had yelled "LEAVE ME ALONE!" That yell was enough to freeze her for just an instant, and I slipped out the door and out of the building. She yelled after me, "I'm going to report you!"

    #TL;DR:

    Neighbor lady was friendly at first, then scary. Blocks my exit and gets into my personal space. Does not listen when I have asked her not to contact me. Is now threatening to report me because I yelled at her to leave me alone when she was trying to grab me while I was trying to get away from her.

    How do I go about getting a restraining order when our interactions have been in person ever since I blocked her number? I don't have the voicemails and she's never texted me.

    submitted by /u/fesnying
    [link] [comments]

    Evicted Unlawfully for a Suicide Attempt off Premises

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Hi Smart Folks,

    I'm currently at a crossroads. Earlier this month I attempted suicide in a local park. While I was recovering in Hospital my housemate let me know I wouldn't be living in that house anymore and I was terminated from the lease. All possessions were removed the day after I was released and I was told I would be getting my deposit back.

    Since then, I've realized this was fishy. I've reviewed the lease and there is no clause for conduct outside of the residence. Further, I believe I'm entitled to a prorated portion of my rent for this month - my key was collected and I was told I was not welcome by my housemate.

    I still have not heard from my landlord and I still have not been furnished a notice of eviction, some week plus later. My questions are as follows

    1. Am I entitled to my rent back, since I was not allowed to enter the house, had forfeited the key, and was operating under the assumption that my landlord was aware of this, and not just this housemate.
    2. Am I entitled to recoup the costs of the AirBnB's I'm burning through trying to get through this month, am I entitled to compensation for costs associated with what is very obviously a bogus eviction?
    3. If this was mismanaged by the houseemate, can I sue him directly, is that advisable?
    4. What the fuck do I do?

    I bet you get real estate or property all the time and this is boring. If it's of any consolation, I tried to hang myself and this guy didn't even wait a full 24 hours before telling me I would have nowhere to go when I got out, which is super dramatic and very unchill.

    Thanks in advance.

    Edit: I live in Boston, Mass.

    submitted by /u/airrivas
    [link] [comments]

    If my rapist and his mom have “teamed up” against me to obstruct me from accusing him of rape, how much of that is illegal and what can I do?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    If my rapist spread many false and embarrassing rumors about me regarding sex and sexual activities in an attempt to tarnish my reputation so that I was less likely to be believed about being raped, is that illegal? Is it slander? Intimidating a witness? Or something else like that? I was underage at the time and he wasn't.

    And in addition to this, his mom has messaged me multiple times trying to gaslight me. Despite that when him and I had dated, she actually scolded him and tried to prevent him from being sexual with me because I was 15 and he was about to turn 18; she literally told him she didn't want me to accuse him of rape or statutory rape. So she obviously knew what going on long before I did and was the first person to apply the term rape to the situation -before I even realized what had happened to me. I was only 15, I had never even kissed anyone before.

    I was emotionally manipulated and coerced by him into doing things I really didn't want to do and that I wasn't ready for, and then when we broke up he told everyone I was a "crazy sex demon" etc., made up embarrassing rumors about my body parts, kept my nudes to "blackmail" me if I ever tried to take him to court over rape?? But I was underage in all the photos. Also, he habitually keeps his exes nudes for blackmail purpose and in fact he told me this and showed me another girls WHILE WE DATED.

    So my question is is any of this illegal? It seems like all this should be illegal. I'm not sure I could prove he raped me but he definitely fucked up my reputation and made lots of people hate me, think I'm a slut, believe awful and embarrassing things about me that aren't true, all so that I seemed less believable and he could get away with it and with raping more girls. He's engaged now, again, and I cannot bear to see him like...suck the life out of another woman or physically hurt her.

    What can I do?

    There are lots more things I could detail if it seems necessary, but I have tried to include the most relevant information I can think of.

    Also, this happened in indiana.

    submitted by /u/phantomholiday143
    [link] [comments]

    My mom is still collecting child support for my niece even though my niece is no longer living with her. This feels illegal. Is it?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    I live in Colorado. I understand that laws vary in states so that's why I'm saying what state I'm in. My niece is turning seven years old next week. Wow they get big so fast!

    When my niece was only 5 months old, my sister had signed over temporary custody to my mom because she was in an abusive marriage with her ex-husband at the time and needed help with the baby so she could leave him and get her life straightened out. Mind you, it was supposed to be TEMPORARY. My sister tried to get her back when she was 8 months old the first time she tried. It wasn't even that long! She was about a year and a half old when sister tried again.

    My mom was giving my sister outrageous demands after she left her ex. Like she had to leave her husband, she had have her own place which she did do but mom didn't like who she moved in with, parenting classes, etc. Every time Sister completed one of her "tasks" she'd give her another. Mom once took Niece and didn't feel the need say anything to Sister because she "has custody" and when Sister was able to get ahold of Mom, it was a couple days later and Mom was threatening to never give her back because she didn't call for a couple days.

    Sister has had deal with this nonstop since she made the mistake of giving temporary custody to our mom because she thought she could trust her and is still dealing with it but now worse. My mom is stealing child support from Niece.

    Sister has had Niece living with her since after her sixth birthday and my mom has not given a dime of Niece's child support money (from her father) to my sister to help her out with basic needs. Mom technically still has legal temporary custody still but Niece is living with sister. Right at this moment, Niece barely has any clothes that fit, (I bought her some for her birthday this year) she needs new shoes, soap, you know basic needs! Stuff that would be easy to get if my mom wasn't hoarding Niece's child support money.

    It seems illegal that Niece has been with Sister for nearly a year now and she hasn't seen a dime of that money. Is it illegal?? What can Sister do about it????

    submitted by /u/RylahSardis
    [link] [comments]

    How do I (16F) know if I have a runaway warrant placed on me by foster care?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    I ran away from foster care quite a while ago, and I'd to know if there is a system where I can see if I have a runaway warrant against me.

    submitted by /u/Runaway_Foxy
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-Friend harassing with police

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    So I'm gonna try and keep this short and concise. Around two months ago, I had a falling out with a friend over a moral disagreement which I will not go into. Last week, they called 911 and "anonymously" reported that I had made a post about "taking a lot of pills" and to do a wellness check on me. When the police arrived, my family was incredibly distressed and my mom called me since I wasn't home at the time. I explained to the officer that the post was A) Two months old, and B) taken down a few hours after initially posting it as I was no longer in danger and didn't wanna worry anyone. My mom and brother are extremely angry and want to take legal action against my ex friend. They also apparently threatened to call animal control since my dog recently had puppies. I'm concerned that they are only doing this to harass my family. What can I do? Edit 1: I live in San Francisco, California

    submitted by /u/urbantrashbag
    [link] [comments]

    We have a reckless driver in our neighborhood, what can I do? (Texas)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    So my street is two blocks, connects to a bigger street. About 8 blocks down from my house is a little convenience store, and I go every so often for stuff, not important. So there's this butthole, who literally goes 45 down the main street, which is 30, and I have to yield. I do, and pull out and he comes around the corner and rides my ass, not gonna lie he was probably 4 feet from my bumper. He actually lives two blocks down the same street from the store. First time, I go nice and slow, probably 25 cause there's a bunch of kids who play on this street, I ain't having that. Well today, guess who's back? This time, he passes us, almost hitting another parked car, on a two lane street. This guys just freaking reckless, and I'd like to make it stop. We got his address and plates, too. What's something we could do?

    submitted by /u/PettyLikeTom
    [link] [comments]

    Our house buyer worked for our laywer without our knowledge. Is this illegal?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    This is under Scottish law. My mother is the acting Power of Attorney for my Grandmother. She placed her house on the market some months ago as the property had a charging order on it. Sales had previously fallen through twice and then we had lockdown. Viewings began again on June 29th. During lockdown my family discussed the possibility of purchasing the property ourselves (as we had a change of circumstances). We emailed our lawyer about our possible intentions and queried the legalities. The property went to a closing date with the highest big being above our proposed budget. We accepted the bid. However, the next day we found out the buyer was our lawyer's paralegal who had been copied into all our emails and had access to all our proposed intentions and circumstances. My mother feels that the buyer manipulated the sale to suit herself whilst having access to our personal information. Is this legal?

    TL;DR - Lawyer's paralegal bought house whilst having access to our personal information

    submitted by /u/MaggieAndTheMossies
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-wife's boyfriend illicitly filmed underage daughters - what can I do?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    In Florida - He hid a camera in their bathroom, and got video from the toilet and the shower for over a period of a year. Daughter aged 13 found the camera. Ex took the go-pro sim card to police and he was arrested. I have just found out three days ago and he is scheduled for court appearance the second to last week in July. Currently he has an ankle monitor. Ex-wife still sees him.

    Daughters have gone to a psychiatrist for help with stress/anxiety. Now I know why. He may be able to avoid jail time. What are my legal options and lawful reasons to sue this scum? Can I sue as the father? Can I sue even if he goes to jail for a time? Any amount collected goes to a college fund. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/redseymour
    [link] [comments]

    Can a business provide masks to customers or is it a liability in the case they get sick?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    My husband owns a bar and we are strictly enforcing the mask rules. Can we provide masks without a liability risk? We're in Washington state.

    submitted by /u/designmur
    [link] [comments]

    Can I bring a civil suit against my mom for clearing out a CD account intended for me after my grandpa died 10 years ago?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I'm on mobile, so please pardon any formatting issues.

    So, long story short, my mother is incredibly toxic and abusive, and me and my siblings (16F, 16F, and 16M at the time) managed to escape to our dad's house.

    When our grandpa passed in 2010, he left me and my siblings CD accounts for us when we came of age (either at age 18 or 21, not sure). The total each was around $30,000. Now at age 22, I have learned that my mom had liquidated all of these CD accounts. She says it is what grandpa would have wanted.

    I already called the county courthouse to check for a notarized will for him but had no luck. Is there any legal action that I can take in order to recover that money? I also have video and audio documentation of her abuse, if that helps anything.

    Thank you all in advance for any advice.

    Edit: in the United States. Occurred in Illinois specifically.

    submitted by /u/smashingmasch
    [link] [comments]

    (CA) I need my abusive roommate kicked out prior to the lease ending.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    I'm a 29m living with a 32F. We moved in together as strangers on Craigslist 8 months ago. She is diagnosed with mild autism and schizoid disorder, though she is very high functioning and you wouldn't notice anything like that if you met her. Her illnesses are triggered by alcohol. She has had four episodes now that made her extremely aggressive and physically violent. She has attacked her friends, been arrested twice (one 5150), and punched me in the face. After the third time, her friends and I made her promise to never drink around us again. She obliged, and for about 4 months we got along very well. She's quite personable while sober. The other night, she drank again at our apartment with a friend and spiraled into another breakdown. Screaming, delusional, and eventually shoving and grabbing me without provocation. She's very tiny and I'm big, so I wasn't in fear, but being attacked is very upsetting regardless. All I did was try to calm her and coax her to her room, but she just becomes too far gone mentally. Her eyes turn wild and it doesn't even look like the same person. I finally yelled back at her and told her to get out, she's a nutcase, I'm sick of her shit, etc. A friend took her another place for the night. This is was the final straw for me. I don't feel safe around her, and I have the bruises on my arm from the other night to prove it. I told her today that I would pay her to leave and let me take over the lease until November. She doubled down on her actions and said I was the delusional one, she never touched me, I shouldn't have yelled at her, and she's not going anywhere. Well, now I want to force her out. I work two jobs to make ends meet, she lives off of social security for her conditions, and living with someone like her (despite the worry of another violent outbreak) is just bringing me down. Can I have her forcefully removed from the lease and property? There are witnesses of that night as well as the prior instances (where she punched me and fought her friend, plus the arrest records). I'm not sure if I want to press charges on the assault, I don't think it will resolve the situation. I have sympathy for her mental illness, but she is a dangerous person when she drinks. I have a cat and I don't think I trust her alone with it anymore. Any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ca_jcraw
    [link] [comments]

    How can I legally keep my childrens stepmother away from them?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Keeping this short and sweet, if you need more details please to accurately give advice please PM me.

    My first ex wife (#1) and second ex wife (#2) are friends. I have children with both. Currently they both have protective orders out against me that have prevented me from seeing my children for nearly a year after #1 filed a false claim of abuse against me regarding my child and had me arrested. After multiple continuances, COVID delays, and delays caused by her never coming to court, I finally beat the case in June. The CPS case was closed and they found no evidence of wrongdoing or abuse. For the same reasons however, the protective orders have been delayed until late September, and I still can't see my kids.

    -#2 jumped eagerly on board with #1 and also filed a protective order against me, citing the supposed abuse against my child several weeks after #1 filed hers. Both filed for custody amendments as well (I currently have full custody of the two children from my first marriage and have for nearly a decade) claiming I am an abusive alcoholic and drug addict. CPS found all of these claims to be untrue and are recommending my children be returned to me.

    At a recent custody hearing with #2, she had the audacity to bring my two children I share with #1 to court, and my oldest, 12, ended up being put on the stand to testify against me. At this same hearing, I also learning #1 is allowing #2 to have visitation every other weekend with the two children shared between us, while I have been unable to even talk to them for 8+ months. This was the final straw for me and my children with #1 continuing to have any kind of relationship with their stepmother as it has become crystal clear that she is not supporting or encouraging them to have any kind of positive relationship with me.

    If it matters, the custody case also went in my favor even with her having a lawyer and my kid testify against me, and the judge even commented on how odd it was that #2 had my children with #1 in court to testify against me. #2 was seeking supervised visitation and court ordered substance abuse treatment, and the judge ordered my visitation with my child with #2 remain unchanged with the GALs recommendation.

    My question is, once I beat the protective order in September (I am trying to have the court date advanced with little luck), what legal action can I take to keep #2 away from the children I share with #1 who I have sole physical custody of? She is negatively influencing the relationship between my children and I. Her actions scream parental alienation but I know this is notoriously difficult to prove. Can I use a protective order to keep her away?

    submitted by /u/iseethedanger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment